PDA

View Full Version : Match Ratings

KWJ
25-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Smith - 5. Not much to do really and didn't look comfortable.

Murray - 5. Not at his best today.
Hogg - 6. Thought he did okay, had to cover for McC often.
Hanlon - 7. Solid, best centre back I've seen come through Hibs.
McCormack - 3. Woeful, doesn't have it unfortunately. Kept trying to be fair.

Wotherspoon - 6. Alright, would have liked to have seen more.
Riordan - 7. Wanted the ball, roamed the pitch. Great effort. Should have had pen with best piece of play I've seen him do since his return.
Cregg - 6. Nothing special, nothing awful.
McBride - 6. Distinctly average.
Rankin - 8. Probably get a hard time for this but he narrowly edged out Deeks for my motm. Couple of excellent touches, setting up DW was class. Also helped out at the back, great chest down to keeper.

Stokes - 5. No service and not his day. Should have chased down Weir passback.

Thicot - 7. Flawless.
Benji - 5. Not on long enough.
Nish - 6. Unlucky with goal, thought it should have stood.

Pitch - 0. Get it fixed ffs.
Ref - 4. Pish and annoying.

Hermit Crab
25-04-2010, 04:33 PM

Riordan - 7. Wanted the ball, roamed the pitch. Great effort. Should have had pen with best piece of play I've seen him do since his return.
Rankin - 8. Probably get a hard time for this but he narrowly edged out Deeks for my motm. Couple of excellent touches, setting up DW was class. Also helped out at the back, great chest down to keeper.

Thicot - 7. Flawless.

He was my MOTM :agree:

hibee_girl
25-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Smith 6 - did well

McCormack 2 - awful
Hogg 6 - did very well, didn't do anything wrong
Hanlon 8 - solid game
Murray 6 - few wayward passes but played well

Cregg 5 - did ok
Rankin 7 - he had a good game apart from his god awful set pieces :grr:
McBride 7 - did well
Wotherspoon 6 - his crosses weren't good today
Deek 8 - he had a great game, working hard, few shots

Stokes 6 - didn't look interested tbh

Thicot 8 - brilliant
Nish 5 - did well, won everything he went for, nothing wrong with his goal
Benji 1 - waste of a sub

Bobo
25-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Stokes 6 - didn't look interested tbh

Slow, lazy and uninterested ... surprised he wasn't pulled half an hour before he eventually was.

Hibs90
25-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Smith - 6

McCormack - 5
Hogg - 4
Hanlon - 7
Murray - 6

McBride - 7
Cregg - 5
Rankin - 5

Wotherspoon - 6
Stokes - 7 - At least he cares unlike others in the team. Feel sorry for him as he is getting no service what so ever. Punting high balls to Stokes is the wrong idea, yes he made a couple of mistakes but fans favourite Ian Murray did too and don't see him getting called lazy and uninterested.
Riordan - 7 - Thought he played really well today and things just never came off for him. Think he's due a cracker aswell.

Thicot - 7
Benji - 4
Nish - 5

lucky
25-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Smith 6 had nothing to do

McCormack 3 never a football player
Hogg 4 woeful passer of the ball
Hanlon 7 worked hard
Murray 6 try hard as always

Rankin 4 headless chicken who should never play for Hibs again!
Cregg 3 the more mans Rankin
McBride 5 must have felt he was at the Alamo today with little help around him
Wotherspoon 6 one of the few highlights this season
Deeks 6 worked hard but he is NOT a midfielder

Stokes 5 worked his socks of but he cant play up front on his own.

Nish 5 tried and was unlucky with his disallowed goal
Benji 2 Think he touched the ball 3 times in 20 minutes
Thicot 7 played well along side Hanlon

Yogi 4 same old tactics but his subs as usual were the same. Beginning to have doubts about him

Hibs fans 5 we only got up for it when Huns were spotted amongst us.

greenlex
25-04-2010, 07:10 PM

Rankin 4 headless chicken who should never play for Hibs again!

It never ceases to amaze me how two people can watch the same match and see different things.
Rankin put in a good shift for me today. Sure there was some poor stuff in his game but there was a lot of stuff we need too.

Jonnyboy
25-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Smith - 6 No chance with the goal and otherwise pretty well redundant

McCormack - 3 I'm still waiting to see why he is at Hibs - very poor again today
Hogg - 3 How much longer do we have to suffer a defender who can't defend?
Hanlon - 8 Well worthy of his MotM award
Murray - 6 I've seen him better but at least he never hides

Wotherspoon - 6 Not a bad game and looked to have rediscovered some of his earlier form
Riordan - 8 Always looking to get involveed and our only real goal threat. Should have had a penalty
Cregg - 6 Largely anonymous and too fond of three yard passes back the way
McBride - 6 See Cregg and add in that although he was always available he failed to create anything by moving the ball forward
Rankin 6 Laddie works his erse off but infuriates with his inability to deliver a corner beyond the front post

Stokes - 4 Lazy in the extreme. Made the so called lazy Riordan look like a whirlwind of action

Thicot - 7 A massive improvement on Hogg
Benji - 3 Sooner he leaves the better and then maybe some of the other guys will get a chance
Nish - 6 Good goal chalked off

Pitch - 4 Looked better than it has in an age
Ref - 1 Diabolical. Stonewall pen turned down and Nish goal disallowed because he breathed on McCulloch. Also, why was Laugherty not booked for his goal celebration?

hibsbollah
25-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Rankin 6 infuriates with his inability to deliver a corner beyond the front post

:agree: He's awful at corners. But why is he allowed to continue taking them?

Jonnyboy
25-04-2010, 07:33 PM
:agree: He's awful at corners. But why is he allowed to continue taking them?

Another question that deserves an answer but sadly I don't have it :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
25-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Smith- 7

McCormack - 1
Hogg- 4
Hanlon- 8
Murray- 6

Rankin- 5
Cregg- 5
McBride- 7
Wotherspoon- 6
Riordan- 8

Stokes- 5

Subs:
Thicot- 7
Benji- 5
Nish- 5

Scotthibs1875
25-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Glad to see Smith back in goals today, even though he had nothing to do.

hibsbollah
25-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Another question that deserves an answer but sadly I don't have it :greengrin

I just thought after the Dundee Utd debacle (when he put 3 consecutive corners straight out of play before even reaching the near post) someone else might have been given the task of right wing corner taking:greengrin

I am fairly pish at football but can fairly regularly beat the first man when taking a corner.

KWJ
26-04-2010, 02:23 AM
The.short.1.with.Daz.was.a.joke,thought.the.rest.w ere.ok.

Stuck.1.at.PH's.heid.almost.a.goal.

IWasThere2016
26-04-2010, 06:03 AM
Smith - 6
McCormack - 4
Hogg - 6
Hanlon - 8
Murray - 7

Spoon - 5
Cregg - 4
McBride - 7
Rankin - 5
Deeks - 8

Stokes - 6

Subs:
Thicot - 8
Benji - 5

J-C
26-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Smith...6 Nothing much to do

McCormack...3 Looks like the nightlife of Edinburgh's clubs are taking it's toll.
Hogg....4 Flattered to deceive with Jones, now being found out
Hanlon....7 A couple of wee errors but all in all looks a great prospect
Murray....6 Not his best game but never tries to hide

Wotherspoon....6 Played ok, always looking for the ball and willing to go forward at every opertunity.
Cregg....5 A poor man's Ferguson, doesn't know what a forward pass is.
McBride....5 Shores things up in the middle, links backs and forwards but has no imagination.
Rankin.....7 Worked his sock's off, final ball is not always great but at least he doesn't hide.

Riordan....8 Looked for the ball all day long, unlucky with 2 superb efforts and should've been given a penalty, get his extentioned signed asap :thumbsup:
Stokes....3 Lazy *******, chased nothing down all day, back 4 had all day to play the ball, he looked like he was ready to leave. If the stories of him and McCormack are true then you can understand why both are blowing oot there erses all game, looked unfit to play the game. Maybe this is why he's never made it anywhere else.

Thicot.....8 I've said from day 1 this lad is a good player, showed his class last season against the Yams and again today, confident, composed, good and strong in the air.
Nish...6 Good goal chalked off because he dared to compete for a ball in the Rangers penalty area, at least he got in the defenders faces and made them work.
Benji...2 I gave him 2 cause that was the amount of touches he had for the 10 mins he was on, time to go Benji and give your wages to someone who can add to the team.

Ref...4 Was only 4 yards away from the penalty and still didn't give it, obviously he was going to miss out on Rangers celebrations if they didn't win.

Hibs90
26-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Stokes....3 Lazy *******, chased nothing down all day, back 4 had all day to play the ball, he looked like he was ready to leave. If the stories of him and McCormack are true then you can understand why both are blowing oot there erses all game, looked unfit to play the game. Maybe this is why he's never made it anywhere else..

Hardly a lazy *******. How is he meant to chase things down when he get's no service what so ever from our midfield. For a lazy ******* scoring 20 goals is quite impressive. There was no creativity at all yesterday. It was all backwards and sideways. A fit Zemmama would have tore them up yesterday.

J-C
26-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Hardly a lazy *******. How is he meant to chase things down when he get's no service what so ever from our midfield. For a lazy ******* scoring 20 goals is quite impressive. There was no creativity at all yesterday. It was all backwards and sideways. A fit Zemmama would have tore them up yesterday.

So when their back 4 have the ball it's ok just to stand back and let them get on with it, did you see the Ramgers players today, Miller, Lafferty, Novo all chased and harried our back 4 to give them little time on the ball.

Yes he's scored 20 goals but outwith that does literally bugger all, at the moment he needs to roll his sleeves up and get stuch in like Deek did yesterday, too many champagne midweek drinking sessions going on.

Long suffering
26-04-2010, 10:12 AM

Thicot - 7. Flawless.

pretty much spot on although ithough murray was worthy of a 6 or 7

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-04-2010, 10:19 AM

:agree: :top marks