PDA

View Full Version : You know the worst thing...........

lyonhibs
25-04-2010, 04:07 PM
I should be absolutely raging right now, having sat and watched Rangers dawdle their way to the title in our back yard, without having to break sweat.

But the repetitive nature of the flaws in our game, their glaring nature and the reality that neither the managment nor the players seem capable of changing them, or even injecting a modicum of commitment and desire into the teams play has left me - literally - barely caring 2 hoots how the rest of the season pans out.

4th place is now gone, if anyone thinks with 2 away games and a Derby to come that we will get more points than Motherwell - who are already ahead of us - then I admire the optimism, but cannot share it, much as I would wish to.

I really hope Yogi re-invigorates the club - management and playing staff - over the summer, because I'm not enjoying this feeling of "couldn't care less" as it's not normally how I am.

Anyone else at the end of their tether for this season??

I'll be at the Derby, and support from the stands as always, but if the majority of the players can't be arsed, and haven't bothered their ***** for nigh on 3 months now, then this season is finito for me in terms of really giving a damn.

Andy74
25-04-2010, 04:10 PM
I didn't see a lack of effort just a lack of confidence and in many cases ability.

HibbyAndy
25-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I should be absolutely raging right now, having sat and watched Rangers dawdle their way to the title in our back yard, without having to break sweat.

But the repetitive nature of the flaws in our game, their glaring nature and the reality that neither the managment nor the players seem capable of changing them, or even injecting a modicum of commitment and desire into the teams play has left me - literally - barely caring 2 hoots how the rest of the season pans out.

4th place is now gone, if anyone thinks with 2 away games and a Derby to come that we will get more points than Motherwell - who are already ahead of us - then I admire the optimism, but cannot share it, much as I would wish to.

I really hope Yogi re-invigorates the club - management and playing staff - over the summer, because I'm not enjoying this feeling of "couldn't care less" as it's not normally how I am.

I'll be at the Derby, and support from the stands as always, but if the majority of the players can't be arsed, and haven't bothered their ***** for nigh on 3 months now, then this season is finito for me in terms of really giving a damn.

I like your posts mate, I do, But how ridiculous is this post? 4th place is now gone? We are a point behind Motherwell FFS..they are at Celtic park next week and still have Rangers to play..Hibs are defo in with a shout for 4th place.

4th place all but gone? Deary ****ing dear.

Westie1875
25-04-2010, 04:13 PM
No, didn't think we were that bad today, a draw would've been a fair result.

4th place is nowhere near gone, Motherwell have to play both OF teams away and us. We have Hearts at home and Motherwell & Utd away, I know which set of fixtures I'd prefer.

And, the only player guilty of not bothering his arse today was Stokes IMO.

PaulSmith
25-04-2010, 04:16 PM
I like your posts mate, I do, But how ridiculous is this post? 4th place is now gone? We are a point behind Motherwell FFS..they are at Celtic park next week and still have Rangers to play..Hibs are defo in with a shout for 4th place.

4th place all but gone? Deary ****ing dear.

Agree, that's the OF out of the way..Hearts next week, Motherwell away (massive game) and then the Arabs away who won't give a flying as they have 3rd and the cup final the following week.

5 points for me.

lyonhibs
25-04-2010, 04:19 PM

4th place is nowhere near gone, Motherwell have to play both OF teams away and us. We have Hearts at home and Motherwell & Utd away, I know which set of fixtures I'd prefer.

I know which set of players and team spirit I'd prefer to have for the run in.

Ok, granted I didn't realise Motherwell had both sides of the OF to play, but here's the thing - where do you - realistically now, because I know the temptation is to say "aye, we'll definitely thump the Yams next week" - see our next win coming from??

Our best CHANCE of a win is definitely against Hearts at home - the away games to the Tattie field of Fir Park and away to 3rd place Dundee United, where our record over the past couple of seasons hasn't exactly been awe-inspiring, seem like dead rubbers to me.

Unless all this pish that Yogi will - doubtless - come out with again, about commitment, taking our chances and cutting our individual errors actually FINALLY translates to something tangible on the pitch, I can't see 4th place happening.

mim
25-04-2010, 04:20 PM

And, the only player guilty of not bothering his arse today was Stokes IMO.

For both Rangers and Celtic the season is now over. It would be no surprise if they both got turned over a time or two in their remaining, meaningless games.

With something to play for, Motherwell can take points from them and I think they will finish fourth.

As long as we stay above Hearts we will be in Europe (unless Ross County win the cup). I'll settle for that after our dismal form in the second half of the season.

HibbyAndy
25-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Hibs have a great chance of beating hearts next week..and have a decent shout aswell picking up points at motherwell and d.utd.

Theres no dange 4th place is all but gone.

blackpoolhibs
25-04-2010, 04:22 PM
I didn't see a lack of effort just a lack of confidence and in many cases ability.

:agree: McCormack Hogg Cregg Rankin Nish and Benji will hopefully be away at the end of this season, along with a few others like Stevenson and McKalamby. Replaced with players of a higher quality.

HibbyAndy
25-04-2010, 04:24 PM
For both Rangers and Celtic the season is now over. It would be no surprise if they both got turned over a time or two in their remaining, meaningless games.

With something to play for, Motherwell can take points from them and I think they will finish fourth.

As long as we stay above Hearts we will be in Europe (unless Ross County win the cup). I'll settle for that after our dismal form in the second half of the season.

Theres no danger Nei Lennon wont send his celtic team out to win..If he has any aspirations to get the job fulltime he needs to win.

Westie1875
25-04-2010, 04:25 PM

I don't see it that way, Celtic will want to win their home games - Lennon is still after the managers job and they need to do something to attract the fans back, i.e. - win games. The huns are getting presented with the spl trophy after their game against Motherwell, they won't want to lose that game and ruin their party.

We moan about the team not having a winning mentality, but our fans are so defeatist its unreal.

HibbyAndy
25-04-2010, 04:26 PM
I don't see it that way, Celtic will want to win their home games - Lennon is still after the managers job and they need to do something to attract the fans back, i.e. - win games. The huns are getting presented with the spl trophy after their game against Motherwell, they won't want to lose that game and ruin their party.

We moan about the team not having a winning mentality, but our fans are so defeatist its unreal.

Great post.

Mikey
25-04-2010, 04:34 PM

Indeed. I don't see how anyone who saw that game today can say that there was a lack of effort.

Spot on sir.

GlesgaeHibby
25-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Theres no danger Nei Lennon wont send his celtic team out to win..If he has any aspirations to get the job fulltime he needs to win.

:agree:

aljo7-0
25-04-2010, 04:37 PM
:agree: McCormack Hogg Cregg Rankin Nish and Benji will hopefully be away at the end of this season, along with a few others like Stevenson and McKalamby. Replaced with players of a higher quality.
Part of the trouble for our last 3 games is that with injuries and suspensions that's pretty much half of our team right there.

JimBHibees
25-04-2010, 04:39 PM

I would agree with that wouldnt be that surprised if they are turned over between now and the end of the season as they have nothing to play for however a good thing for Hibs view is that Rangers will get presented with the league trophy at home to Motherwell so IMO will be up for a win in that game.

blackpoolhibs
25-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Part of the trouble for our last 3 games is that with injuries and suspensions that's pretty much half of our team right there.

Yes thats true, and thats why we need better.

Judas Iscariot
25-04-2010, 04:42 PM
I think we'll beat Hertz then Motherwell..

4th place is still very much their to play for..

We passed the ball and kept possesion much better today!

No coincidence that the pitch looked improved from last few games..

Eaststand
25-04-2010, 05:39 PM

I really really hope Yogi re-invigorates the club - management and playing staff - over the summer, because I'm not enjoying this feeling of "couldn't care less" as it's not normally how I am.

I'm still really hoping that Yogi and the backroom crew get it right during the Summer cos it's glaringly obvious that since the early new year, all our oponents have sussed our style of play, and they then out-think us tactically, and in most cases beat us
Our quick one touch short passing game that worked so well early in the season (and we still always try to play) has been well and truly sussed and with our current squad we don't seem to have the ability to change that.
We've had stacks of the ball in games, but the pretty passing game has stopped leading to goalscoring chances, so it just aint working too well is it.

I've renewed my ST for next season, and I'll be at the derby next week too I but can't wait to see the end of this season, cos we've ran completely out of ideas about how to change the team shape and gameplan.

Fingers crossed that we ship the dross out and get the players in that we need to take us onwards and upwards eh

GGTTH

lyonhibs
25-04-2010, 07:53 PM
I think we'll beat Hertz then Motherwell..

4th place is still very much their to play for..

We passed the ball and kept possesion much better today!

No coincidence that the pitch looked improved from last few games..

Like I say, I wish I could share the optimisim.

I take on board the point re: possession retention, but what use is possession if there's no - and I mean NO - urgency that goes with it? Why do Hibs feel that every single player needs to get a touch on the ball when shuttling the ball from left to right or vice-versa? The near total lack of pace notwithstanding (though I suspect that may be the root cause of my next gripe) why have Hibs - over the past while, even with Miller in the team - seemed to damned unwilling to switch the ball - either to feet or in behind the FB - with anything approaching urgency.

You'd think we had 3rd place in the bag the way that the ball went - for example - McBride - Rankin - Hogg - Thicot - McBride - Rankin - Cregg etc etc, without anyone having the gumption to look wide and play the ball there 1st time, thus stretching the play and possibly creating space in the middle. I don't know why our play has become so ponderous and predictable, but I hope Yogi does and is going to get it sorted over the close season.

SPL football really isn't rocket science - pace on the wings, get the ball wide/to the touch line, cross the ball into 2 strikers + supporting midfielder(s). With Zemmamma out, we don't have the creativity or guile to pick our way through the hachet-man infested waters that are the centre of midfield.

All IMO of course, but not - it would seem - in the opinion of the man that matters.

iwasthere1972
25-04-2010, 08:00 PM
4th place is still up for grabs but I think we may have to go to Fir Park and collect all three points although I would rather we pumped the Yams first.

Arch Stanton
25-04-2010, 08:15 PM
4th place is still up for grabs but I think we may have to go to Fir Park and collect all three points although I would rather we pumped the Yams first.

If they beat us at Fir Park then 4 points from DU and Hearts may not get us 4th - I think the smart money will be on Motherwell pipping us.

IWasThere2016
25-04-2010, 08:20 PM

How many lacked ability? And did they no have ability earlier this season? :confused:

LancsHibs
26-04-2010, 07:50 AM
How many lacked ability? And did they no have ability earlier this season? :confused:

McCormack, Nish & Rankin are 3 that played yesterday with a 'lack of ability' IMO to take Hibs to 'the next level', and yes they were the same limited players at the start of the season and will be the same limited players at the start of next season (with us or another club)!

Hibby 2005
26-04-2010, 08:23 AM
Motherwell are definitely favourites for 4th spot. They have Celtic and Rangers to play, neither of these teams will care much with the league now decided, and they have us on their rugby field.

blackpoolhibs
26-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Motherwell are definitely favourites for 4th spot. They have Celtic and Rangers to play, neither of these teams will care much with the league now decided, and they have us on their rugby field.

We won on that rugby field earlier in the season, and would have taken at least a point, had the ref not mistakenly sent Miller off in the first half in the last game.

Steve20
26-04-2010, 08:31 AM
I would be surprised if we get 4th. We can't win football games anymore. I don't see any game that we will win before the end of the season.

khib70
26-04-2010, 08:36 AM

:bitchy:It's real all right. It comes from watching so many defeats. What is unreal is dancing about singing "woo hoo, everything's lovely" when the team is struggling to beat anybody above junior/SFL Div 3 level. How many games do we have to lose by three or four goals to teams below us in the league before some people get a wee hint that everything isn't peachy after all?

lyonhibs
26-04-2010, 08:59 AM
:bitchy:It's real all right. It comes from watching so many defeats. What is unreal is dancing about singing "woo hoo, everything's lovely" when the team is struggling to beat anybody above junior/SFL Div 3 level. How many games do we have to lose by three or four goals to teams below us in the league before some people get a wee hint that everything isn't peachy after all?

Stop being so bloody defeatist - we got a draw with Ross County remember??

It's ok though, because I just read Yogi's 2 millionth interview in the press, and he says he asked Colin Nish and Ian Murray how he's going to make the club great again, and he's from Leith.

So that's ok.

Hainan Hibs
26-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Stop being so bloody defeatist - we got a draw with Ross County remember??

It's ok though, because I just read Yogi's 2 millionth interview in the press, and he says he asked Colin Nish and Ian Murray how he's going to make the club great again, and he's from Leith.

So that's ok.

:faf:

NeilT
26-04-2010, 02:26 PM
They have Celtic and Rangers to play, neither of these teams will care much with the league now decided

Heard a great rumour from Celtic supporter at my work. Probably absolute garbage but entertaining nevertheless.

He claims Rangers are desperate to close out with victories and maintain a greater than 10 point margin and Celtic are desperate to claw them back to less than 10 points. The reason being that, if they have more than a 10 point margin, Rangers will go into Administration, take a 10 point penalty but still come out as Champions and get the Champions League money. Administration will allow them to lose some of their debt and come back in time for next season in healthier financial shape. And obviously, if they can't maintain the 10 point gap, this plan is wrecked.

khib70
26-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Like I say, I wish I could share the optimisim.

I take on board the point re: possession retention, but what use is possession if there's no - and I mean NO - urgency that goes with it? Why do Hibs feel that every single player needs to get a touch on the ball when shuttling the ball from left to right or vice-versa? The near total lack of pace notwithstanding (though I suspect that may be the root cause of my next gripe) why have Hibs - over the past while, even with Miller in the team - seemed to damned unwilling to switch the ball - either to feet or in behind the FB - with anything approaching urgency.

You'd think we had 3rd place in the bag the way that the ball went - for example - McBride - Rankin - Hogg - Thicot - McBride - Rankin - Cregg etc etc, without anyone having the gumption to look wide and play the ball there 1st time, thus stretching the play and possibly creating space in the middle. I don't know why our play has become so ponderous and predictable, but I hope Yogi does and is going to get it sorted over the close season.

SPL football really isn't rocket science - pace on the wings, get the ball wide/to the touch line, cross the ball into 2 strikers + supporting midfielder(s). With Zemmamma out, we don't have the creativity or guile to pick our way through the hachet-man infested waters that are the centre of midfield.

All IMO of course, but not - it would seem - in the opinion of the man that matters.
You've summed up the problem pretty much perfectly, LH. Ten or twelve nifty short passes which don't get us anyhwere. While we're doing this, the opposition are having a fag, checking their email on Black Berrys, nipping off to Tamsons for a pint etc. Then, someone either passes the ball to the opposition, or falls over it.

The last team I saw with this "style" was (amazingly) Falkirk last season. I remember Pat Nevin ripping the pash out of them on at least one occasion for it.

We all love the passing game but it should a) use the whole width of the pitch and b) produce some meaningful progress, preferably in the direction of the opponents' goal rather than ours.

But Yogi's frae Leith, and Nishy is a right good Hibby so that's all right, I suppose.

ian cruise
26-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Heard a great rumour from Celtic supporter at my work. Probably absolute garbage but entertaining nevertheless.

He claims Rangers are desperate to close out with victories and maintain a greater than 10 point margin and Celtic are desperate to claw them back to less than 10 points. The reason being that, if they have more than a 10 point margin, Rangers will go into Administration, take a 10 point penalty but still come out as Champions and get the Champions League money. Administration will allow them to lose some of their debt and come back in time for next season in healthier financial shape. And obviously, if they can't maintain the 10 point gap, this plan is wrecked.

ive heard rangers supporters talking about this too but i think it was something that was made up on a fans forum rather than an actual plan the board put in place. i wouldnt read to much into it

Andy74
26-04-2010, 04:42 PM

I'm sure if they do it at the end of the season it would be taken off next year. Happened to someone in England did it not?

Franck Stanton
26-04-2010, 06:26 PM

My feeling exactly mate. HAS to be a clear-out at the end of the season - get rid of the dead wood and yes I know we dont have a lot of cash to replace the [so-called] stars but give youth it's head - cant be any worse than the dross we have watched for second half of this season. But yes, as usual, I will still be buying my S/T - after all, it's in the blood.

basehibby
26-04-2010, 08:46 PM
You've summed up the problem pretty much perfectly, LH. Ten or twelve nifty short passes which don't get us anyhwere. While we're doing this, the opposition are having a fag, checking their email on Black Berrys, nipping off to Tamsons for a pint etc. Then, someone either passes the ball to the opposition, or falls over it.

The last team I saw with this "style" was (amazingly) Falkirk last season. I remember Pat Nevin ripping the pash out of them on at least one occasion for it.

We all love the passing game but it should a) use the whole width of the pitch and b) produce some meaningful progress, preferably in the direction of the opponents' goal rather than ours.

But Yogi's frae Leith, and Nishy is a right good Hibby so that's all right, I suppose.

I wish people would quit coming out with this sort of pish - I'm one of those who do NOT believe the season is even close to over because of the FACTS that there are still 9 points to play for against - for the most part - eminently beatable opposition.

Just because fans like me choose not to give up the ghost and wallow in defeatism like some seem so determined to do, there is no need to insult us with pathetic wee digs like that in bold above.

I couldn't really give a sheight where Yogi comes from or what team Nishy supports. These factors have never had any great bearing on my opinion of the manager or the players, and they have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that there is still everything for Hibs to fight for this season.

As it goes I know there are weaknesses in the side and don't think Yogi can walk on water, but I do believe that that the manager and team are good enough to get the points needed to finish 4th this season.

So pardon me if I'm not joining you in naysaying the team's chances of success over the next few weeks. Things can change very quickly in football with one or two good or bad results often enough to shift the psychology and turn a teams form on it's head. I'm also of the opinion that a manager and his team's performance should be judged over the course of a season and there's still a few weeks of this one to go.

blackpoolhibs
26-04-2010, 08:59 PM
I wish people would quit coming out with this sort of pish - I'm one of those who do NOT believe the season is even close to over because of the FACTS that there are still 9 points to play for against - for the most part - eminently beatable opposition.

Just because fans like me choose not to give up the ghost and wallow in defeatism like some seem so determined to do, there is no need to insult us with pathetic wee digs like that in bold above.

I couldn't really give a sheight where Yogi comes from or what team Nishy supports. These factors have never had any great bearing on my opinion of the manager or the players, and they have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that there is still everything for Hibs to fight for this season.

As it goes I know there are weaknesses in the side and don't think Yogi can walk on water, but I do believe that that the manager and team are good enough to get the points needed to finish 4th this season.

So pardon me if I'm not joining you in naysaying the team's chances of success over the next few weeks. Things can change very quickly in football with one or two good or bad results often enough to shift the psychology and turn a teams form on it's head. I'm also of the opinion that a manager and his team's performance should be judged over the course of a season and there's still a few weeks of this one to go.

:top marks

bobbyhibs1983
26-04-2010, 09:07 PM
My feeling exactly mate. HAS to be a clear-out at the end of the season - get rid of the dead wood and yes I know we dont have a lot of cash to replace the [so-called] stars but give youth it's head - cant be any worse than the dross we have watched for second half of this season. But yes, as usual, I will still be buying my S/T - after all, it's in the blood.

Im no expert but say there dead wood players have 1-2 years on there contract, how do we get rid of them?I understand where you and so many others are coming from, but if you had 1-2 years on a contract and your employer wanted you to go, would you be willing to just ok bye then?(its not a personal dig at you mate,)Imo but there seems to be 2 options to what i mention,
1 sell them/let go to another team fror free .this would be the best option for us, but would anyone want our dead wood?
2 pay them off,e.g the remander of there contract.unsure if petrie will let this happen though.

Sir David Gray
26-04-2010, 09:25 PM
I don't think 4th place is gone but I highly doubt that we'll get it. The match against Motherwell is pretty much the defining match of the run-in.

If we lose that game, we may need to beat Hearts and Dundee Utd to stand any chance of getting 4th. Obviously the Hearts game comes first so if we win that and Celtic beat Motherwell, then it puts us two points clear going into the game at Fir Park. If we get a draw, Motherwell would need to win at Ibrox to stand any chance of finishing in 4th.

I really don't know where our next victory is going to come from but the one thing that may save us is that Motherwell still need to go to Glasgow twice. If we manage to win at Fir Park then we may just scrape through.

The odds are on our side, though. We were 3rd at Christmas and only once has the side sitting in 3rd place at Christmas failed to finish in the top four.

khib70
27-04-2010, 12:06 PM

You're entitled to continue cheerleading all you like, but that's really all your response amounts to.

Defeatism is constantly expecting defeat. Pointing out that we are getting defeated 8 times out of 10 is therefore not defeatism - it's realism. I want the best that can be achieved from a Hibs team and the present team and manager are nowhere near achieving that.

If you think that settling for the frustrating mediocrity of the last three or four months makes you a better fan, you're entitled to your opinion. It won't do for me, and for an increasing section of the support.

And Blackpool's strange conversion to the "happy, happy, joy, joy" tendency can only be down to some new hallucinogens in the local water supply:greengrin

basehibby
27-04-2010, 05:26 PM
You're entitled to continue cheerleading all you like, but that's really all your response amounts to.

Defeatism is constantly expecting defeat. Pointing out that we are getting defeated 8 times out of 10 is therefore not defeatism - it's realism. I want the best that can be achieved from a Hibs team and the present team and manager are nowhere near achieving that.

If you think that settling for the frustrating mediocrity of the last three or four months makes you a better fan, you're entitled to your opinion. It won't do for me, and for an increasing section of the support.

And Blackpool's strange conversion to the "happy, happy, joy, joy" tendency can only be down to some new hallucinogens in the local water supply:greengrin

If you read my post you'll see that I didn't say I was a better fan than anybody else - I just object to being patronised by so called "realists" because I don't subscribe to their fatalistic point of view.

What I did point out was the actual reality that with 3 games to go there's still plenty to play for this season - so pardon me for not donning my best funeral outfit quite yet.

I'd also like the best for Hibs that can be achieved from a Hibs team - the REALITY is that it is not going to be achieved this season even if our expectations were raised by a promisiong start. The REALITY is that we've got the players that we've got and the manager that we've got and no amount of whinging and renting of garments is going to change that for now.
You seem to believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that collectively they've no chance of gaining any more points and squeezing some success out of this season - I beg to differ - I choose to believe it is possible and hope that it will happen - and I base this hope on the evidence I have seen with my own eyes in the last couple of games.
If you think that makes me some sort of happy-clapping moron then that's your call - just don't expect me to take it lying down if you come out with a load of patronising garbage because my opinion differs from yours that's all.

lapsedhibee
27-04-2010, 06:40 PM
only once has the side sitting in 3rd place at Christmas failed to finish in the top four

:hmmm: Was it us?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-04-2010, 09:52 PM
If you read my post you'll see that I didn't say I was a better fan than anybody else - I just object to being patronised by so called "realists" because I don't subscribe to their fatalistic point of view.

What I did point out was the actual reality that with 3 games to go there's still plenty to play for this season - so pardon me for not donning my best funeral outfit quite yet.

I'd also like the best for Hibs that can be achieved from a Hibs team - the REALITY is that it is not going to be achieved this season even if our expectations were raised by a promisiong start. The REALITY is that we've got the players that we've got and the manager that we've got and no amount of whinging and renting of garments is going to change that for now.
You seem to believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that collectively they've no chance of gaining any more points and squeezing some success out of this season - I beg to differ - I choose to believe it is possible and hope that it will happen - and I base this hope on the evidence I have seen with my own eyes in the last couple of games.
If you think that makes me some sort of happy-clapping moron then that's your call - just don't expect me to take it lying down if you come out with a load of patronising garbage because my opinion differs from yours that's all.

:top marks :faf:

Sir David Gray
27-04-2010, 09:54 PM
:hmmm: Was it us?

No, it was Dundee Utd last season.

They were 3rd on Christmas Day 2008 but they finished last season in 5th place.

khib70
28-04-2010, 08:54 AM

If you read my post properly you would see first of all that I didn't call you or anyone else a "moron". You will also see that I haven't said anything one way or the other about how many points we'll pick up by the end of the season. Making predictions is a hostage to fortune.

I was commenting on the quality of what we've seen up to now. In terms of (in no particular order)

Ineffective, outmuscled midfield

No real width

Consistent failures in front of goal

Substitutions too late to be effective

A visible lack of motivation

Bombscare defending

Appalling results against teams we should realistically be beating

We all deserve better than that, as you yourself agree. If we get maximum points from our remaining fixtures no one will be happier than me. If we do, some people will be bouncing around the boards proclaiming everything in the garden to be lovely. IMHO that's being too easily pleased.

If the flaws in our set up are addressed in the close season, and we stop settling for no-marks like Rankin, Nish and Stevenson because they "try hard" or "love the Hibs"., then there is a real chance we can build on whatever we achieve this season.

basehibby
28-04-2010, 09:20 AM
If you read my post properly you would see first of all that I didn't call you or anyone else a "moron". You will also see that I haven't said anything one way or the other about how many points we'll pick up by the end of the season. Making predictions is a hostage to fortune.

I was commenting on the quality of what we've seen up to now. In terms of (in no particular order)

Ineffective, outmuscled midfield

No real width

Consistent failures in front of goal

Substitutions too late to be effective

A visible lack of motivation

Bombscare defending

Appalling results against teams we should realistically be beating

We all deserve better than that, as you yourself agree. If we get maximum points from our remaining fixtures no one will be happier than me. If we do, some people will be bouncing around the boards proclaiming everything in the garden to be lovely. IMHO that's being too easily pleased.

If the flaws in our set up are addressed in the close season, and we stop settling for no-marks like Rankin, Nish and Stevenson because they "try hard" or "love the Hibs"., then there is a real chance we can build on whatever we achieve this season.

OK - on re-reading your post I jumped to some of the wrong conclusions. My ire was mainly directed at your closing comment which , even if not directly calling anyone a moron, certainly insinuated moronic tendencies amongst those of us who choose to keep our powder dry and see what happens this season.
Much of your criticism is valid as far as the last couple of months is concerned but much of it is not so valid as far as the last couple of games are concerned and I see that as reasonable grounds for optimism for the last few games of the season. And that's got bugger all to do with Yogi being a Leither or Nishy being a Hibby