PDA

View Full Version : Thicot

bighairyfaeleith
25-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Thought he was solid today, admittedly I spent most of the time shouting at the manky lot but the few times I was able to focus on the gae I thought he looked good, some really good tackles on miller :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
25-04-2010, 03:51 PM
I have to say, every time he's played at centre half, he's done very well. Other positions, i dont rate him, but in the middle of our defence, he's done well every time.:thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
25-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Never put a foot wrong today..

Much better player than McCormack or Hogg..

Bostonhibby
25-04-2010, 03:52 PM
:agree: Just came on to post the same thing, never wasted a pass, looked solid and confident. A positive from a disappointing day as I thought the Hun were there for the taking today.

hibee_girl
25-04-2010, 03:52 PM
He was brilliant when he came on :agree:

IWasThere2016
25-04-2010, 03:56 PM
One of very few positives - better and more flexible than McCormack, Rankin, Cregg and Nish. All of whom should be shown the door before Thicot IMHO.

FitbaFolkKen
25-04-2010, 04:07 PM
When is his deal up? looks like he has played his way into yogi's plans, when you consider he didnt get a game for months yogi clearly didn't rate him intially.

As folk have said one of the small amount of positives we have at the minute, imo he should be kept for next season, unlike a number of others we have.

Doesn't hide in the big games which i like :thumbsup:

LEaston87
25-04-2010, 04:39 PM
On todays performance Thicot and Hanlon look like they have the makings of a good partnership, both still really young, quick and tall...I hope they play together for the remainder of the games and see how they get on :agree:

Hermit Crab
25-04-2010, 04:49 PM
On todays performance Thicot and Hanlon look like they have the makings of a good partnership, both still really young, quick and tall...I hope they play together for the remainder of the games and see how they get on :agree:

Keep thicot and hanlon in for next week against the ****

Hibs90
25-04-2010, 04:51 PM

Never agreed with you when it comes to Hogg but Thicot is a better player without a doubt.

shamo9
25-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Looks like we already have a ready made replacement for Bamba. Now, for the right back position, please - NO MORE - McCormack!

brydekirk
25-04-2010, 04:53 PM

:agree::agree:

Golden Bear
25-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Thicot's display was the only positive from a Hibs viewpoint in an otherwise boring and entirely predictable performance.

lucky
25-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Thought he played well when came on one a few pluses today. He is due a run in the team so why not play him

Hibernian Verse
25-04-2010, 05:00 PM
I'd like to see Thicot stay at least for another season. It's easy to forget he's still young for a centre back. He won a youth championship with France so he's got what it takes IMO.

Thecat23
25-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Played very well, looked for the ball and also solid when he had it. Defo play him from the start next week instead of Hogg.

Earl of Currie
25-04-2010, 05:18 PM

Completely agree. Both are very comfortable playing alongside one another and with age and potential would be my first choice partnership for the last few games. Push Bamba into the centre of midfield , alongside Miller and Mcbride. Would be a massive difference to the team.

Between this and the celtic game , would think that Thicot deserves an extension to the contract.

Seveno
25-04-2010, 05:45 PM

Totally agree. Thicot looked classy and played the ball out of defence well. Hanlon was outstanding.

Give them a run and put Bamba in midfield when he returns.

aljo7-0
25-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Agree with all the posts. He did look class - and I hope both he and Hanlon start next week and get a wee run together before the end of the season.

blackpoolhibs
25-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Totally agree. Thicot looked classy and played the ball out of defence well. Hanlon was outstanding.

Give them a run and put Bamba in midfield when he returns.

I think we have seen the last of Sol. Thicot has to play, even if Hogg is fit.

down the slope
25-04-2010, 05:56 PM
why has it taken so long for the penny to drop ? , he has never been quoted until now but he looked assured whenever i have seen him.

Barney McGrew
25-04-2010, 06:28 PM
He's never let us down when he's been used.

Stays on his feet, solid in the tackle and doesn't panic when under pressure.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-04-2010, 06:32 PM
He's a graduate from France's highly reputable clairefontaine academy. That in itself tells you there's a footballer in there.

He's no rough and tumble and I think that's what's prevented him from cementing a place in the side.

Very tidy though, very composed and was superb in the second half.

Long suffering
25-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Completely agree. Both are very comfortable playing alongside one another and with age and potential would be my first choice partnership for the last few games. Push Bamba into the centre of midfield , alongside Miller and Mcbride. Would be a massive difference to the team.

Between this and the celtic game , would think that Thicot deserves an extension to the contract.

is it the end of the season that his contract expires?

mcfly
25-04-2010, 06:58 PM
he was excellent, won all his tackles and never gave the ball away unlike our right back.

could have got a better player from the albion bar

Ritchie
25-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Thicot and hanlon are the centre half pairing to take hibs forward next season :agree:

Jonnyboy
25-04-2010, 07:34 PM
One of very few positives - better and more flexible than McCormack, Rankin, Cregg and Nish. All of whom should be shown the door before Thicot IMHO.

Add Hogg and Benji to that list and you've got a deal G :wink: :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
25-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Never agreed with you when it comes to Hogg but Thicot is a better player without a doubt.

:wink:

I've been saying on here for MONTHS that Thicot is a very decent player and he's been very unfairly treated..

The guy is cool, calm, composed and assured when on the ball and off it!

Everything Hogg isn't!

He was a stand out at the 1-0 PBS game last season but has been used sparingly in favour of Yogi's useless "Favourites"..

I'd be happy with him Hanlon at CH next season and they're both very young so will only improve!

Things aren't as bleak as some folk on here would like to make out :notworthy:

matty_f
25-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Thicot looked very good again. I think it's clear that centre-half is his best position. He was everything that you'd want in a centre-half today.

weedgiehibbie
25-04-2010, 07:52 PM
had the weird thought today that he potentially could make a very good sweeper, can tackle and can also play the ball about when in possession - no Sauzee but potentially not bad

IndieHibby
25-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Anyone else think Thicot could do a job at RB?

Good passer, good positioning, marks well and can put in a challenge.

What about pace?

greenlex
25-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Anyone else think Thicot could do a job at RB?

Good passer, good positioning, marks well and can put in a challenge.

What about pace?
Has done OK there recently but Centre Back looks like his best position to be fair.

Barney McGrew
25-04-2010, 07:59 PM
What about pace?

I don't think it's too high on his list of attributes :cool2:

IndieHibby
25-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Next game (derby)
GK Smith
RB Spoony
CH Thicot
CH Hanlon
LB Murray
CM Miller (available?)
CM McBride
LM Riordan
RM Rankin
CF Nish
ST Stokes

:dunno:

IndieHibby
25-04-2010, 08:10 PM
I don't think it's too high on his list of attributes :cool2:

Gotcha :wink:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
Wasn't sure about Thicot when he first arrived and played in midfield, seemed a bit slow on the ball.

To be fair to the laddie he's toughened up a lot (not sure what happened with a particular challenge at Hamilton right enough :greengrin) and looks more comfortable at centre back, good distribution of the ball as well. Has done very well with the limited game time he's had.

Easy to forget he's still a young laddie, definitely worth persevering with, and won't be on a huge wage....

scoopyboy
McBride suspended

lEXO
25-04-2010, 08:11 PM
This guy deserves a run in the team.Tackled well, passed well and plays the position very intelligentely.He cant be worse than whats been going on in there for a while.Hanlon was great today,and i reckon he will learn ore with Thicot than anyone else.

IndieHibby
25-04-2010, 08:15 PM
McBride suspended

Has Riordan ever switched to RM? That way Rankin could play CM and Galbraith LM - or is that wishful thinking?

Judas Iscariot
25-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Smith/Stack/Brown

Wotherspoon Thicot Hanlon Murray

Rankin Miller Cregg Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

IndieHibby
25-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Smith/Stack/Brown

Wotherspoon Thicot Hanlon Murray

Rankin Miller Cregg Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

If we can keep it on the deck, this could work quite well...

greenlex
25-04-2010, 08:37 PM
If we can keep it on the deck, this could work quite well...
Unfortunately there is more chance of me starting than Galbraith.

IndieHibby
25-04-2010, 08:41 PM
In that case I reckon we should start with Nish :duck:

greenlex
25-04-2010, 08:44 PM
In that case I reckon we should start with Nish :duck:
I wouldnt be on my erse as much but I wouldnt be out a ten yard circle at any point during the game. A bit like Ray Wilkins really. :greengrin

Toaods
25-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Thicot and Hanlon look like they have the makings of a good partnership, both still really young, quick and tall

I've always said on here I rated Thicot but quick he ain't. :cool2:

Tollhouse Hibee
26-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Thicot and Hanlon should be next yrs centre halves

brydekirk
26-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Thicot and Hanlon should be next yrs centre halves
i cant wait to see more of Thicot at CH after that display yesterday.:thumbsup:

CapitalHibs
26-04-2010, 02:05 PM
had the weird thought today that he potentially could make a very good sweeper, can tackle and can also play the ball about when in possession - no Sauzee but potentially not bad

I posted on the game thread how good Thicot looked yesterday. I would disagree with you there, he definetly has a potential Sauzeesque-style-of-play about him. His distribution and positional reading of the game are excellent and he has improved his tackling and adjusted to the speed of the Scottish game - and don't forget he's only 21.

Was a class act from the minute he came on against Barca at Murrayfield.:thumbsup:

euro Hibby
26-04-2010, 02:20 PM
He is not scared of the ball and has good technical ability. If he was a yard faster he would be a great footballer. I think he deserves another year.

Love the Green
26-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Thicot boy played very well..won a few crucial tackles and always looking to play the ball out of defence also did well at Tannadice when he came on 2nd half this season..well worth another season beside Hanlon..and after yesterdays game add to that Smith, Murray, Bamba McBride and Riordan with Wetherspoon thats all I would keep from the whole lot who stripped yesterday..6 new first teamers required immediately and the lad Booth will break thro next season.

"keep the faith":wink:

bandylegs_jLeighton
26-04-2010, 03:55 PM
A decent centre half I agree, with potential to be very good.
Definately not the answer to our right back problems however-I thought he was pretty gash up at Dingwall in that position.

PeeJay
26-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Don't really rate Thicot - BUT I do wonder if he'd been given more run outs maybe he would have made a better impression - can't be much fun just getting an odd game and then being asked to play out of position. He was OK on Saturday ... so maybe it would be worth persevering with him?

Andy74
26-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Don't really rate Thicot - BUT I do wonder if he'd been given more run outs maybe he would have made a better impression - can't be much fun just getting an odd game and then being asked to play out of position. He was OK on Saturday ... so maybe it would be worth persevering with him?

I think he has generally made a good impression when he has been played at centre half so not sure why anyone wouldn't really rate him?

He certainly needs games and I think that would help him increase the pace and urgency that wee bit that he'll need to be a really good player in the SPL.

Has plenty of ability though and not scared of the football.

A couple of Sauzee-esque sliding tackles as well shortly after coming on!

hibee_girl
26-04-2010, 04:41 PM
I think he has generally made a good impression when he has been played at centre half so not sure why anyone wouldn't really rate him?

He certainly needs games and I think that would help him increase the pace and urgency that wee bit that he'll need to be a really good player in the SPL.

Has plenty of ability though and not scared of the football.

A couple of Sauzee-esque sliding tackles as well shortly after coming on!

I said the same to my Grandad after the game :agree:

Cocaine&Caviar
26-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Possible back 5 of:

________________Smith

_______________Thicot(SW)
____________Bamba____Hanlon
Wotherspoon(WB)_________Murray(WB)

?

CRAZYHIBBY
26-04-2010, 04:50 PM
thicot was immense when he came on and didnt bottle it like so many of his team mates. Chris Hogg was poor and deserved to be subbed, personnaly i would have kept stokes on and changed the formation to 4-3-3 and just went for it

BT58
26-04-2010, 04:55 PM
is murray no banned from the hertz game too:grr::grr:
hb

hibee_girl
26-04-2010, 04:57 PM
is murray no banned from the hertz game too:grr::grr:
hb

No

Dashing Bob S
26-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Unfortunately there is more chance of me starting than Galbraith.

Couldn't you possibly start in preference to Rankin instead?

PeeJay
26-04-2010, 06:31 PM

Yeah, but I did say played in a wrong position didn't I? Otherwise he has played poorly a few times as well when he's been on the park ... I was just wondering if he was given a longer run and a chance to settle that maybe he could do a good job for us, speed has been mentioned as an issue, so that's womething to look into to - I'm not convinced yet, and just because he played OK on Saturday is not enough really. I'd be willing to give him another chance though. :agree: