PDA

View Full Version : Hun former players in West Upper

givescotlandfreedom
25-04-2010, 03:48 PM
I sit in West Lower and was treated to former Hun players giving it laldy at full time to the Hibs fans below. Amongst the usual laughing and swearing they were crossing themselves and giving it the dry your eyes stuff. Absolutely bigoted vermin to a man. Despite the reaction they provoked of course nothing was done.

SRHibs
25-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Which players were these?

James.
25-04-2010, 03:51 PM
What players? Were they guests of the Huns do you think?

hibee_girl
25-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Name and shame then

McIntosh
25-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Please name some names, as only be shaming them can this poison be eradicated.

givescotlandfreedom
25-04-2010, 03:59 PM
I only recognised Greigg and Sandy Jardine out of them who weren't doing anything sectarian just smiling but folk around me were going radge about others from before my time . Hun with the red face and tache was giving the crossing particularly big time. This'll all be on CCTV of course.

givescotlandfreedom
25-04-2010, 04:01 PM
What players? Were they guests of the Huns do you think?

Yeah they were all in a row taunting the Hibees below. Fat Jambo prick Jardine was pointing and laughing at folk noised up by it.

HibbyKeith
25-04-2010, 04:25 PM
there were ALOT of rangers supporters in the Hospitality,

one in particular was ejected close on full time ( twat wearing white top/jacket) but not before ****in time, standing up taunting the hibs support on more than one ocassion in the first half, only for the stewards to walk PAST all the gloating rangers support to the back of the stand just to tell a hibs supporter to sit/calm down. :grr:

comical stuff, the steward down beside the kiosk in the west upper said and i quote " as much as i'd like to We cannot remove them from the stadium as they are in Hospitality"

so, if i sign up for the 3 year season ticket plan, invest over £1000 for myself to attend hibs games then act inappropriately, I cant get thrown out because ive spent alot of money at easter road? :confused::faf:

Hermit Crab
25-04-2010, 04:29 PM
there were ALOT of rangers supporters in the Hospitality,

one in particular was ejected close on full time ( twat wearing white top/jacket) but not before ****in time, standing up taunting the hibs support on more than one ocassion in the first half, only for the stewards to walk PAST all the gloating rangers support to the back of the stand just to tell a hibs supporter to sit/calm down. :grr:

comical stuff, the steward down beside the kiosk in the west upper said and i quote " as much as i'd like to We cannot remove them from the stadium as they are in Hospitality"

so, if i sign up for the 3 year season ticket plan, invest over £1000 for myself to attend hibs games then act inappropriately, I cant get thrown out because ive spent alot of money at easter road? :confused::faf:

Yeah i seen that ladies front bits aswell, he wasnt even dressed well enough for hospitality, and he was a total ladies front bits. Also i seen a older guy in there with a cut head did anyone see what happened to him?

Viva_Palmeiras
25-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Yeah i seen that **** aswell, he wasnt even dressed well enough for hospitality, and he was a total phanny. Also i seen a older guy in there with a cut head did anyone see what happened to him?

Yup didn't see his face but an outfit that wouldn't have looked out of place on journo Jackson.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-04-2010, 04:44 PM
A statement from the club wouldn't go a miss on this.
Double standards methinks.

The whole Rangers support standing up yet the "EastEnders" will be pulled up for that.

The behavior of certain folks in hospitality.

Same rules should apply otherwise the whole thing falls apart.

And with regards to security what was the thinking in having guys who probably should have been studying for there Highers "supervising"?

I didn't read the statement from the club about Rangers fans in amongst Hibs but the scenarios above should have been covered & dealt with by security. It left a bad taste in the mouth just compounded by the "performance" on the pitch.

Gala Foxes
25-04-2010, 05:15 PM
John Greig & Sandy Jardine were there, presumably with the directors, as was Andy Cameron. They were not misbehaving , unlike the "rangers hospitality "guests" - We as a club are obviously quite happy to take their £100 or whatever + VAT, should have taken them for £1k a head

murray26
25-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Yeah i seen that ladies front bits aswell, he wasnt even dressed well enough for hospitality, and he was a total ladies front bits. Also i seen a older guy in there with a cut head did anyone see what happened to him?

He got hit in the head with a coin, i wouldn't normally condone this but the auld dick really did deserve it.

Smiler1981
25-04-2010, 06:39 PM
i complained to stewards today and got told to sit down and watch the game. it wasnt his problem.

shamo9
25-04-2010, 06:51 PM
About a hundred of them jumped up and applauded the goal, nearly caused a riot and the whole affair didn't settle down until people gave up protesting to the statue-like stewards.

Danderhall Hibs
25-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Please name some names, as only be shaming them can this poison be eradicated.

:hilarious

Brizo
25-04-2010, 06:57 PM
i complained to stewards today and got told to sit down and watch the game. it wasnt his problem.

About a hundred of them jumped up and applauded the goal, nearly caused a riot and the whole affair didn't settle down until people gave up protesting to the statue-like stewards.

In defence of the stewards im sure if there been a small child in hospitality with a plastic bottle of juice or a granny with a thermos flask they would have been on the case quicker than you can say jobsworth. Ive found that they are very good at that kind of thing.

silverhibee
25-04-2010, 07:04 PM
So what happened today, i was under the impression that if Hibs found any huns in the home end that they would be ejected from the ground, why the turn a round on that statement.:confused:

marleyhib
25-04-2010, 07:07 PM
lota fuss about nothing - a few idiots on the wind up - do you really care that much?

James70
25-04-2010, 07:08 PM
One rule for hospitality, another rule altogether for the Hibs fans. The club are happy to take the manky mob's cash but are prepared to come down hard on any supporter who sells their ticket. Double standards. :grr:

houston1875
25-04-2010, 07:09 PM
In defence of the stewards im sure if there been a small child in hospitality with a plastic bottle of juice or a granny with a thermos flask they would have been on the case quicker than you can say jobsworth. Ive found that they are very good at that kind of thing.

yer right..double standards!!

Argylehibby
25-04-2010, 07:30 PM
lota fuss about nothing - a few idiots on the wind up - do you really care that much?

Youre havin a laugh right? They sit 10 feet away from us, gestures of GIRFUY, crossing themselves and telling us to zip it etc too damn right I care that much.

The stewards could and should have dealt with it at the goal. The guy in the white jacket should have seen the rest of the game in the Albion bar but was still in the ground. on the stair at the entrance to hospitality noising up Hibs fans as they left.

When Nish scored and the goal was chalked off for SFA by the way they were on their feet again noising up the Hibs support. I believe their ticket states the rules for sitting in that part of the stand and they broke every single one of them.

Idiots, yes! A few, nope most of them. Wind up? Nope, just biggotted **** that should not have been in our family home.

Argylehibby
25-04-2010, 07:32 PM
He got hit in the head with a coin, i wouldn't normally condone this but the auld dick really did deserve it.

Again I dont condone it but I reckon the coin was intended for the guy beside him who as soon as the final whistle went turned round to the Hibs fans with GIRUY gestures etc.

McIntosh
25-04-2010, 07:39 PM
:hilarious

It worked against your former Councillor Sam Campbell but thats maybe a bit before your time.:wink:

Toaods
25-04-2010, 08:44 PM
The three guys at the front of the West weren't former players, just Hun ****.

Fake tans and cheap suits thinking they are lording over us riff raff.

I despair over he iongoing accepotance of Hibs that these neanderthals are permitted to not only retain their seats but stand there as I amongst others make our way slowly out of the xits and have to endure teh taunts of those twats.

Not one of the three of them would have lasted two minutes in a square go out the back and believe me there were plenty candidates willing to go meet them.

Luckily we managed to oust the few visible soapdodgers in there, despite the reluctance of the stewards to act once again.

All the more galling when you compare it to the treatment metted out by police and stewards to our supporters at Ibrox or Parkhead.

jacques_b
25-04-2010, 08:51 PM
was it not the case that if we sold/gave our tickets to rangers fans then we would receive a life-time ban?

should petrie dish himself out a life-time ban?

Hermit Crab
25-04-2010, 08:57 PM

What a throw that must have been because the boy looked like he had a sore one on top of his napper :greengrin

new malkyhib
25-04-2010, 09:29 PM

Yes.

Hermit Crab
25-04-2010, 09:39 PM
How do these cretins afford tickets for the away end or corporate when they are on the brew?? :dunno:

murray26
25-04-2010, 09:46 PM
What a throw that must have been because the boy looked like he had a sore one on top of his napper :greengrin

I was half tempted to grab a pocket full of change myself but they cretins are not worth losing my season ticket over, horrible bunch of people though, classless champions, no idea how so many tramps could afford such dear tickets.

New Corrie
25-04-2010, 09:50 PM
When we were at Falkirk a few seasons back, it all kicked off in the hospitality area with Hibs fans goading the Falkirk fans, ironically the same game that Hibs fans got arrested for racial abuse...someone please tell me the difference between that and today's events:confused:

Fantic
25-04-2010, 09:50 PM
It worked against your former Councillor Sam Campbell but thats maybe a bit before your time.:wink:

Oi:grr: Sam was alright. He got us a bmx and motocross track.

Hiber-nation
25-04-2010, 09:51 PM
When we were at Falkirk a few seasons back, it all kicked off in the hospitality area with Hibs fans goading the Falkirk fans, ironically the same game that Hibs fans got arrested for racial abuse...someone please tell me the difference between that and today's events:confused:

What a surprise!!!!

monktonharp
25-04-2010, 09:53 PM
lota fuss about nothing - a few idiots on the wind up - do you really care that much?yup. very much. you have nae clue about what went on today,all round the ground

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Oi:grr: Sam was alright. He got us a bmx and motocross track.

Motocross? Where aboot?

Hainan Hibs
25-04-2010, 09:54 PM

Aye, that's right, let's all sit and accept Huns in amongst us giving it laldy in the home end because of a few morons at Falkirk:agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-04-2010, 09:55 PM

One swallow disnae make a summer.......

New Corrie
25-04-2010, 09:56 PM
How do these cretins afford tickets for the away end or corporate when they are on the brew?? :dunno:

That is because we have a benefit system in this country that allows these "types" to prosper and breed, while the rest of us try and work for a living. If you nip over to the "Holy Ground" you will see that most on here vote for a continuation of that scenario.

Fantic
25-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Motocross? Where aboot?

Up at the Wisp on the left hand side just after the turn off. He talked Bernard Hunter into giving us a bit of land, but its all fenced off now.

Disclaimer: Ok it wasn't an offical 'track' but it was still good to have.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Up at the Wisp on the left hand side just after the turn off. He talked Bernard Hunter into giving us a bit of land, but its all fenced off now.

Disclaimer: Ok it wasn't an offical 'track' but it was still good to have.

Know where you mean.

Wee felly is getting into bikes now, but isn't at a level to go racing. Nightmare trying to find places for him to take his bike.

Sir David Gray
25-04-2010, 10:15 PM
The only course of action to take over this is to send a letter of complaint to Hibs and also to Lothian and Borders Police.

The safety announcer stated at least twice before the game that strict segregation rules would be enforced and anyone found in the wrong section of the stadium WOULD BE ejected.

Serious questions need to be asked here. The guy earlier in this thread who said that if a child is found with a plastic bottle then the stewards can't wait to get in there and confiscate it but as soon as there's something serious that they should be dealing with, like today's situation, then they don't want to know.

They are an absolute waste of space and basically get money for nothing. The stewards that are in front of me each week, usually can't even work out how to open and close the gate to get onto trackside.

I didn't personally encounter any Rangers fan in the Hibs end today but those that did should write a letter of complaint to Hibs as I'm sure that they are responsible for the stewarding and a copy should be sent to L&B police with an "FAO" for the match commander.

Hibby D
25-04-2010, 10:18 PM

There isn't any difference - both unnacceptable imo!

Jesus Dunc!!! You weren't even at the game today yet still you manage to condone all things Hun. And you use Hibs (your club?) to somehow try and justify the atrocious behavior of that mob.

Fantic
25-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Know where you mean.

Wee felly is getting into bikes now, but isn't at a level to go racing. Nightmare trying to find places for him to take his bike.

There was a bit of land down at the back of Newton Village at the old railway but the last time i was down they had fenced it off..you could still get in round the side though. Dont know what the story is there. Not sure what carberry is like nowadays but I'm pretty sure its still used
You should email a good local club like Melville, and see how old you have to be to join.

Sorry for the thread hijack. **** the Huns:greengrin

Jonnyboy
25-04-2010, 10:20 PM

Sometimes you stagger me with things that you post and this is one such instance.

Hibby D
25-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Hibernian FC prostituted themselves today for a few measly hundred quid - there were at least 40-50 Rangers fans in the West upper hospitality area. Don't tell me they slipped under the radar!

new malkyhib
25-04-2010, 10:23 PM
The only course of action to take over this is to send a letter of complaint to Hibs and also to Lothian and Borders Police.

The safety announcer stated at least twice before the game that strict segregation rules would be enforced and anyone found in the wrong section of the stadium WOULD BE ejected.

Serious questions need to be asked here. The guy earlier in this thread who said that if a child is found with a plastic bottle then the stewards can't wait to get in there and confiscate it but as soon as there's something serious that they should be dealing with, like today's situation, then they don't want to know.

They are an absolute waste of space and basically get money for nothing. The stewards that are in front of me each week, usually can't even work out how to open and close the gate to get onto trackside.

I didn't personally encounter any Rangers fan in the Hibs end today but those that did should write a letter of complaint to Hibs as I'm sure that they are responsible for the stewarding and a copy should be sent to L&B police with an "FAO" for the match commander.

I challenged a steward today to apprehend some Huns who were in the Hibs end giving it the "bouncy bouncy" crap after the game - it wouldn't normally bother me, but I just despise these people with a passion - to the young guy's credit, he said he would chuck them out, but "had no power to do so" and it was up to the polis - who were nowhere to be seen.

Nuff said.

Carheenlea
25-04-2010, 10:23 PM

Who cares, sure no one was happier than you when Lafferty scored today.

Saorsa
25-04-2010, 10:29 PM

Jesus Dunc!!! You weren't even at the game today yet still you manage to condone all things Hun. And you use Hibs (your club?) to somehow try and justify the atrocious behavior of that mob.Had he been there I'm sure he would have been in his element.

New Corrie
25-04-2010, 10:33 PM

Jesus Dunc!!! You weren't even at the game today yet still you manage to condone all things Hun. And you use Hibs (your club?) to somehow try and justify the atrocious behavior of that mob.

I ended up going to the game Diane and i'm not trying to condone/defend anything, it's just a tad hypocritical that anytime someting kicks off at ER, the moral high ground get's taken. It's stating the obvious that a large amount of Rangers fans are undesirable FFS....but in saying that, give me Celtic and Rangers fans over Hearts fans anytime.

New Corrie
25-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Sometimes you stagger me with things that you post and this is one such instance.

Why John? Is it okay for us to jump up and down in the hospitality areas at other grounds and to infiltrate the home support?:confused:

new malkyhib
25-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Why John? Is it okay for us to jump up and down in the hospitality areas at other grounds and to infiltrate the home support?:confused:

No it's not -and your point is?:confused:

New Corrie
25-04-2010, 10:42 PM
No it's not -and your point is?:confused:

It's not complex...the point being, don't bleat when opposing fans do it at ER

new malkyhib
25-04-2010, 10:47 PM
It's not complex...the point being, don't bleat when opposing fans do it at ER

Will do - anything else I should/shouldn't do to suit your Weegie arse-kissing agenda?

cabbageandribs1875
25-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Will do - anything else I should/shouldn't do to suit your ONE HALF of your Weegie bigot brothers arse-kissing agenda?

fixed that hope you dont mind :cool2:

New Corrie
25-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Will do - anything else I should/shouldn't do to suit your Weegie arse-kissing agenda?

Aye, like i've got one of them, although I was one of the 200 or so Hibs fans in Glasgow last week.....where were the rest of you???

New Corrie
25-04-2010, 10:53 PM
fixed that hope you dont mind :cool2:

that's hilarious

new malkyhib
25-04-2010, 10:57 PM

Aye, like i've got one of them, although I was one of the 200 or so Hibs fans in Glasgow last week.....where were the rest of you???

see above edit by cabbage and ribs of my previous post. And you've got form for this kind of stuff before.

truehibernian
25-04-2010, 11:02 PM
I thought the police did not bad today I have to say. Before the game I saw one take out at least three Rangers fans trying to get into the South, and on one occasion get right wired into one of them DI Burnside style asking him where he used to sit, what last Hibs game he was at, who he usually sat beside.........the best line was when he asked the boy what last away game he was at, to which said currant says "Perth away"........"this season" the cop asks............"aye, the 3-0 game"......cop says "aye very good, I was there you see, and we got beat 5-1......now beat it".........one of the better moments. Can't be easy trying to seek out opposition fans in the away end though (those that sit and don't make it obvious). There was a fair few got ejected in the South so fair play to L&B IMO for at least trying to root them out under what would have been quite trying circumstances.

oconnors_strip
25-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Hibernian FC prostituted themselves today for a few measly hundred quid - there were at least 40-50 Rangers fans in the West upper hospitality area. Don't tell me they slipped under the radar!

:agree: some hospitality tables are bought by corporate businesses, eg HBOS and they invite their own guests and which the majority support the visiting team:bitchy: i dont think this should be allowed, and especially at games like today.

Saorsa
25-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Isn't it amazing that every time there is a thread aboot der hun that a certain poster appears that is almost never seen posting at any other time on any other subject.

It's a bit like that ***** that keeps bobbing up tae the surface and no matter how many times you try tae flush it away it just keeps coming back up.

Sir David Gray
25-04-2010, 11:47 PM
I challenged a steward today to apprehend some Huns who were in the Hibs end giving it the "bouncy bouncy" crap after the game - it wouldn't normally bother me, but I just despise these people with a passion - to the young guy's credit, he said he would chuck them out, but "had no power to do so" and it was up to the polis - who were nowhere to be seen.

Nuff said.

I stand by my original point then which is that stewards are a complete waste of space. Most of the stewards that I see at my bit require someone to come round just before half time and full time to tell them when to go out onto trackside and when to come back in again and they are actually more of a hindrance than a help as they stand about obstructing people's view. Like I said earlier, they are awfully good at dealing with the petty things and challenging young people but they turn a blind eye when it comes to dealing with an aggressive grown man.

If they can't do a simple thing like asking someone to leave the stadium then why are they there? I'm aware that they don't have the powers of arrest and can't manhandle people either but if someone was to refuse to follow their orders, then they simply get the police involved.

They are literally getting paid to do nothing for 90 minutes.

And whilst I'm on my rant, I would love to see how the stewards would deal with a real emergency like if the stadium had to get evacuated for any reason. I would bet that the majority of them wouldn't have a clue how to react to something on that scale.

Sloppy
25-04-2010, 11:54 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/default.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/default.stm)

at about 4.51 there appears to be "hibs" fans cheering at full time

libernian
25-04-2010, 11:58 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/default.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/default.stm)

lol looks like the whole stands cheering in that!

bubblesmorrison
26-04-2010, 01:11 AM
think it was people going crazy at the hibs player for the shocking pass

Iain G
26-04-2010, 04:51 AM

You will find a whole thread on here detailing exactly "where the rest of us" were last week... :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
26-04-2010, 07:33 AM
think it was people going crazy at the hibs player for the shocking pass

No, it was clearly huns fist pumping at full time

Hibs90
26-04-2010, 08:40 AM
No, it was clearly huns fist pumping at full time

Yup, looks like a whole wee section of them.

JimBHibees
26-04-2010, 10:20 AM
:agree: some hospitality tables are bought by corporate businesses, eg HBOS and they invite their own guests and which the majority support the visiting team:bitchy: i dont think this should be allowed, and especially at games like today.

I think it is difficult when they are coming along with hospitality however there is no way they should be allowed to goad home fans as appears to be the case here. They should be thrown out like anyone else is for the same behaviour in other parts of the ground.

The_Sauz
26-04-2010, 11:00 AM
[/URL][url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/default.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/default.stm)

And John Hughes sitting next to Eddie Turnbull :bitchy:

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-04-2010, 11:11 AM
I think a strongly worded letter of protest should be written and signed by all on here and sent to ER

Westie1875
26-04-2010, 11:50 AM
And John Hughes sitting next to Eddie Turnbull :bitchy:

What is the problem with that?

silverhibee
26-04-2010, 11:55 AM
So once again i thought if any huns were found in the home support they would be ejected from the ground, i am sure that was the statement from the club.

I was sitting in the West lower behind the dug outs at the back, when the huns scored three Algerian chaps start to celebrate the goal, they even have the cheek to try and unfurl a flag, you could see the hun tops on under there jacket, Hibs fans not happy and let them know it, but one of them has the cheek to start being wide with Hibs fans, it started to get a bit nasty, anyway they are escorted out a back door at the back of the East lower and i thought they would be chucked out the ground, NO, the kind people at Hibs just moved them upstairs beside the hospitality people, what a f---ing joke by Hibs and our security people.

Now i think they may have been relatives of Bougherra but so what, they broke the rules and should have beeen ejected from the ground, also when did Hibs start giving away team players tickets for in the main stand, never known that to to happen before.:confused:

And as for the Hibs security officer who stood at the end of the game watching the huns goading Hibs fans from the top tier and done nothing about it , well done for just standing there and ignoring the protests from the Hibs fans to do something about the ****.

Hibs can come down tough on there own supporters and players as well , but when the **** of the west are in town they seem to let them walk all over us. What a joke. As for L&Bs finest, Hibs should refuse to pay them for yesterday for not doing there job properly. Rant over.

Greentinted
26-04-2010, 12:01 PM
One swallow disnae make a summer.......

It would f...ing well make mine!!!

truehibernian
26-04-2010, 12:36 PM
So once again i thought if any huns were found in the home support they would be ejected from the ground, i am sure that was the statement from the club.

I was sitting in the West lower behind the dug outs at the back, when the huns scored three Algerian chaps start to celebrate the goal, they even have the cheek to try and unfurl a flag, you could see the hun tops on under there jacket, Hibs fans not happy and let them know it, but one of them has the cheek to start being wide with Hibs fans, it started to get a bit nasty, anyway they are escorted out a back door at the back of the East lower and i thought they would be chucked out the ground, NO, the kind people at Hibs just moved them upstairs beside the hospitality people, what a f---ing joke by Hibs and our security people.

Now i think they may have been relatives of Bougherra but so what, they broke the rules and should have beeen ejected from the ground, also when did Hibs start giving away team players tickets for in the main stand, never known that to to happen before.:confused:

And as for the Hibs security officer who stood at the end of the game watching the huns goading Hibs fans from the top tier and done nothing about it , well done for just standing there and ignoring the protests from the Hibs fans to do something about the ****.

Hibs can come down tough on there own supporters and players as well , but when the **** of the west are in town they seem to let them walk all over us. What a joke. As for L&Bs finest, Hibs should refuse to pay them for yesterday for not doing there job properly. Rant over.

I was in the South silver and in all honesty the cops had a bit of a thankless task where we were and there were not that many of them. The one's who were identified as Rangers fans were dealt with and ejected from what I could see. The cops do have their critics but from my seat they were being dragged all over the place trying to root out those pointed out and did an okay job. I saw at least one getting coined from Rangers fans too. I am far far more worried about so called Hibs fans, risking their season tickets and entry into ER in the future, by selling out for a cheap buck and giving their ticket to a Rangers fan in the first place. It was majorly annoying though seeing all the cheering and singing from the corporate seats in the West. There must have been a good 100 of them in there. Still, maybe one day, when they are renamed Lloyds United and they have to buy Bosmans from Lichtenstein, we Hibees will get the chance to do likewise at Ibrox in the future :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
26-04-2010, 01:09 PM

You must sit near me, that was right behind my seat, must admit they didn't look like typical Huns, as you say looked like North Africans and seemed genuinely confused at the the hostility towards them. Think they got them bundled out the back door just in time, lots of shouts of ''bring them out this way'' from those further down the steps.:thumbsup:

You must have seen the amusing incident shortly after when two boys with no colours, and looking like they didn't know their way about turned up 30 mins into the game, didn't make it far as their seats, or even into the row before being thrown out by a fellow Season ticket holder.:greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
26-04-2010, 01:58 PM
i'd like to know what sort of person takes a UJ blazer into a football match to hand to a Catholic Spaniard?

What a strange support.

Frazerbob
26-04-2010, 02:08 PM
I agree with all the critisism directed toward the police for taking no action against the Rangers fans. However, after the goal a few folk were binned from the South Lower and whilst being led towards the corner between the West and South a Hibs fan ran fully 30 yards along the front of the West, barged past a cop and a steward then clearly spat on one of the Rangers fans. This was seen by several stewards and police who were all within 10 yards of the guy yet he was allowed to go back to his seat.

Regardless of the fact it was a dirty hun who deserves all he gets, a pretty vile act IMO.

hibbymac
26-04-2010, 02:20 PM

:faf: ... and yer Birthday, Christmas ...etc. :aok:

dangermouse
26-04-2010, 02:30 PM

:faf::faf::faf:

If only.

hibiedude
26-04-2010, 03:33 PM
If you watch Reporting scotland or Scotland today you'll see Novo wearing a union jack suit and that pr1ick Laferty has a red hand of ulster flag around his shoulders.

so why is everyone suprised by there antics

Sean1875
26-04-2010, 03:53 PM

can also clearly see the three rows full of huns in our south lower section near the end of that clip, horrible creatures.

bighairyfaeleith
26-04-2010, 04:07 PM
If you watch Reporting scotland or Scotland today you'll see Novo wearing a union jack suit and that pr1ick Laferty has a red hand of ulster flag around his shoulders.

so why is everyone suprised by there antics

If he really has a red hand of ulster flag then the SFA should take action against him retrospectively. They won't because uncle walter won't let them, but they should!!

cwilliamson85
26-04-2010, 04:16 PM
What would have happened if a Hibs fan confronted a rangers fan in the Hibs end?

Would the rangers fan have to leave when the steward came over or would both get ejected?

Frazerbob
26-04-2010, 04:19 PM
If he really has a red hand of ulster flag then the SFA should take action against him retrospectively. They won't because uncle walter won't let them, but they should!!

Lafferty is from Northern Ireland!

Bayern Bru
26-04-2010, 04:26 PM

Sectarian issues I imagine. Although the Red Hand is a viewed as a largely universal symbol for groups and organisations in the North, as a representation of the province of Ulster, and is indeed the national flag it was also attached/adopted by the UDA, Red Hand Defenders etc., so is a bit of an iffy subject.

Just my opinion though.

Jamie
26-04-2010, 04:37 PM
There was more than 40-50 .....

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/data/3561/medium/Hibs_v_HUNS_2_.JPG (http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/hibs-0-v-1-rangers/p31003-hibs-0-v-1-huns.html)

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/data/3561/medium/Hibs_v_HUNS_8_.JPG (http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/hibs-0-v-1-rangers/p31056-hibs-0-v-1-huns.html)

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/data/3561/medium/Hibs_v_HUNS_4_.JPG (http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/hibs-0-v-1-rangers/p31025-hibs-0-v-1-huns.html)

plus the small amount in the south "home" section...

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/data/3561/medium/Hibs_v_HUNS_5_.JPG (http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/hibs-0-v-1-rangers/p31036-hibs-0-v-1-huns.html)

hibbymark
26-04-2010, 04:39 PM
what a load of lilian gish.

Should the sfa investigate Benji with his morocan flag after the league cup final?

That fat hearts mess sorry Alex Salmon has stolen the scotland flag but im still proud of it.

We dont half get our knickers in a twist on here about the bigot brothers.
Im not saying its right but did anyone expect any different?

hibiedude
26-04-2010, 05:51 PM

Just been shown on Reporting Scotland and Laferty clearly seen in the background wearing the flag. :confused:

skyehibee
26-04-2010, 05:53 PM
YouTube - Kyle Lafferty celebrates and the Hibs fans aren't happy. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFZ1Zn5IMUE)

found this on youtube. :bitchy:

Clearly seems to be in hibs end.

Danderhall Hibs
26-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Just been shown on Reporting Scotland and Laferty clearly seen in the background wearing the flag. :confused:

The flag of Northern Ireland? The flag of his country? Outrageous.

Barney McGrew
26-04-2010, 06:01 PM

Clearly in hospitality.

hibiedude
26-04-2010, 06:04 PM
The clip of Laferty wearing the flag is on YouTube

Under the title

Rangers spl champs 2010

the clip lasts 4 minutes and a still picture of him is clearly seen

hibiedude
26-04-2010, 06:06 PM

It is outrageous

Bayern Bru
26-04-2010, 06:07 PM

The main problem that I personally think people have with it, is its connections with Unionists, most notoriously, the UDA.

Danderhall Hibs
26-04-2010, 06:10 PM
The main problem that I personally think people have with it, is its connections with Unionists, most notoriously, the UDA.

Like the tricolour?

Danderhall Hibs
26-04-2010, 06:11 PM
It is outrageous

How? Zemamma had a Morrocco flag after we won the Cup. I think Boozy had a French one as well.

Bayern Bru
26-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Like the tricolour?

I don't think the UDA or any Unionist organisations for that matter have ever used the tricolour as a symbol.
:cool2:

To clarify, and prevent this from becoming a flag debate (hopefully) - I think the general unrest is the use of the tricolour to represent Nationalists and Republicans in NI, and the NI Red Hand flag to represent Unionists and Loyalists, and as such, people cite it as sectarian behaviour. Personally I think it's all rubbish to a certain degree; you make a good point about Benji and Boozy - the problem lies in the fact that some supporters of some clubs still use the flags for the reasons I stated rather than to support the nationality of their players.

Gatecrasher
26-04-2010, 06:14 PM
There was more than 40-50 .....

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/data/3561/medium/Hibs_v_HUNS_2_.JPG (http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/hibs-0-v-1-rangers/p31003-hibs-0-v-1-huns.html)

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/data/3561/medium/Hibs_v_HUNS_8_.JPG (http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/hibs-0-v-1-rangers/p31056-hibs-0-v-1-huns.html)

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/data/3561/medium/Hibs_v_HUNS_4_.JPG (http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/hibs-0-v-1-rangers/p31025-hibs-0-v-1-huns.html)

plus the small amount in the south "home" section...

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/data/3561/medium/Hibs_v_HUNS_5_.JPG (http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/hibs-0-v-1-rangers/p31036-hibs-0-v-1-huns.html)

the club should ashamed of themselves for their double standards :bye:

hibiedude
26-04-2010, 06:16 PM
what a load of lilian gish.

Should the sfa investigate Benji with his morocan flag after the league cup final?

That fat hearts mess sorry Alex Salmon has stolen the scotland flag but im still proud of it.

We dont half get our knickers in a twist on here about the bigot brothers.
Im not saying its right but did anyone expect any different?

The red hand of ulster flag has a different meaning fron the other 2 flags you mention.

I couldn't give a toss what flags they drape themselves in but to tell us the bigotery brothers are moving forward to rid this nonsence from there clubs is a joke

Danderhall Hibs
26-04-2010, 06:18 PM
I don't think the UDA or any Unionist organisations for that matter have ever used the tricolour as a symbol.
:cool2:

I always think of the IRA when I see one. :cool2:

the problem lies in the fact that some supporters of some clubs still use the flags for the reasons I stated rather than to support the nationality of their players.

I agree and I also think others are too easily offended.

PatHead
26-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Was in Corporate hospitality at Easter Rd for the Hibs Rangers match post split last season. I was the only Hibs supporter at the table. Just goes to show how things never change. By the way most of the people at the table went to Ibrox most weeks.

Bayern Bru
26-04-2010, 06:24 PM
I always think of the IRA when I see one. :cool2:

:tsk tsk::greengrin

I think to some extent that's understandable. That said, Celtc and Rangers fans can't seem to get past that fact and still try and goad each other with it. It's a bloody nonsense that a part of Irish history is used as an inflammatory tactic in Scottish football in the 21st century.

I agree and I also think others are too easily offended.

Probably, but it's always going to be a grey area.

Sir David Gray
26-04-2010, 06:27 PM

Take action against him for doing what exactly?

I'm as happy as the next person to criticise anyone and anything connected to the Old Firm but you cannot possibly punish someone for being in possession of a national flag.

We all know the reasons for why Rangers and Celtic fans do and say certain things, including the flags that they wave, but that is just taking things to ridiculous levels.

Frazerbob
26-04-2010, 06:34 PM
the club should ashamed of themselves for their double standards :bye:

I e-mailed the club this morning to ask if, following their threat to punish Hibs fans caught selling tickets to Rangers fans for the home end, any action will be taken against the employees who sold hospitality to Rangers fans.

K.Marx
26-04-2010, 06:34 PM
YouTube - Kyle Lafferty celebrates and the Hibs fans aren't happy. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFZ1Zn5IMUE)

found this on youtube. :bitchy:

makes me sick. *****! was sitting in the south upper and i had no idea there was that many of them in the hospitality seats. they were hardly sitting on their hands were they!! :bitchy:

Frazerbob
26-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Re Lafferty celebrating with the Red Hand, would anyone object to Stokes celebrating with am Irish flag?

Like everyone else I detest the scroats that were born and (in)bred in deepest, darkest Larkhall who have never set foot in Norther Ireland yet are covered in UDA tatoos and bring their "keep Ulster protestant" scarfs and Red Hands to the game. Lafferty on the other hand is perfectly entitle to fly the flag of his home land as would Dean Shiels have been.

Gatecrasher
26-04-2010, 06:44 PM
I e-mailed the club this morning to ask if, following their threat to punish Hibs fans caught selling tickets to Rangers fans for the home end, any action will be taken against the employees who sold hospitality to Rangers fans.

they will probably come up with some technical bull**** to weed their way out of it, " oh well the hospitality area isnt really home support only :blah:"

anything for a few quid eh!:rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
26-04-2010, 06:51 PM
So we are told at the listening groups that for security folks (Hibs fans/all fans) must be allocated to seats. There will be no unallocated seats where people can arrange to catch up with their mates (Hibs fans).

I can see their point, if there is an incident easier to pinpoint the people involved and throw the book at them.

Lets see what happens in this instance if security really is a top priority.

Its bizarre but it seems this appears to be an unintended way to create some atmosphere!!!

Did I miss the follow-up statement put out by the club?

I think the sad thing is we're talking about all this which should not have been an issue in the first place and second if the team had posed the Gers more problems on the pitch.

Toaods
26-04-2010, 07:22 PM
not that I profess to having much knowledge or real interest in this flag stuff, but whilst appreciating the differing views on the legality of such a flag, can someone confirm for me...

this official flag of Northern Ireland contains a red hand we are led to believe therefore where is it on the official Union Jack?

The Baldmans Comb
26-04-2010, 07:35 PM

As reliable as ever and whenever 'Scotlands Shame' are criticised then predictably you will ride in to try to muddy the waters and reach another new low which even for you is an achievement.:boo hoo:

Iggy Pope
26-04-2010, 07:53 PM

I can tell you one inaccuracy if we are talking about the same instance - the man arrested for racial abuse was a Falkirk fan who abused Thierry Gathuessi. And found himself banned from football stadiums for 10 years - I know this to be the case as he is an ex-colleague.

And a welt.

Bayern Bru
26-04-2010, 08:24 PM
not that I profess to having much knowledge or real interest in this flag stuff, but whilst appreciating the differing views on the legality of such a flag, can someone confirm for me...

this official flag of Northern Ireland contains a red hand we are led to believe therefore where is it on the official Union Jack?

The flag in question was used by NI government until about 1972 and is now mostly used in sporting events. I would hazard a guess that it's not on the UJ because of a) the unionist/loyalist and UDA connections and b) the fact that it's not an official government flag, but I could be wrong.

jabis
26-04-2010, 08:53 PM

someone may have already mentioned it,but there's a radio wind up,somewhere on this internetty thing,a hun getting wound up about assaulting Andy Cameron.

It explains everything :agree:

Argylehibby
26-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Hospitality isnt for home fans only and many Hibs fans on here have enjoyed hospitality away from Easter Road. The problem is the way these "fans" behaved and the lack of action taken against them by stewards.

There is an easy way for Hibs to deal with it and that is to study CCTV footage and identify the seats the main offenders were sitting in. Work out who were allocated that section and write to the company / group that booked it and tell them they are not welcome back. Perhaps in future Hibs should seek some sort of bond which is returned if the group conduct themselves in an orderly manner or is retained by Hibs if they dont.

The stewards I spoke to on Sunday all had the same message to give out and that was that they werent allowed to remove anyone from the hospitality section. That was changed when the blonde woman arrived on the scene and had the tw@t in the white jacket removed. The club need to address that point and ensure that instruction isnt repeated at future games.

Hainan Hibs
26-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Almost moist at coming on to .net and seeing a flag debate :thumbsup:

New Corrie
26-04-2010, 09:57 PM
As reliable as ever and whenever 'Scotlands Shame' are criticised then predictably you will ride in to try to muddy the waters and reach another new low which even for you is an achievement.:boo hoo:

WTF are you on about, muddying waters,reach a new low:confused::confused: Drama Queen Central or what.....where have I defended Rangers? Everyone knows that most Rangers fans are junk, but our fans aren't exactly angelic, are they? Glass houses and all that.

If in the unlikely event that we should ever have a title deciding away game with a reduced allocation, of course none of our fans would buy up hospitality and home end tickets then jump up and down if we scored, would they?

Instead of slating me, try and get a grasp on reality.

Jonnyboy
26-04-2010, 09:58 PM

I think the first para of post #60 answers your question Duncan

Argylehibby
26-04-2010, 10:03 PM
WTF are you on about, muddying waters,reach a new low:confused::confused: Drama Queen Central or what.....where have I defended Rangers? Everyone knows that most Rangers fans are junk, but our fans aren't exactly angelic, are they? Glass houses and all that.

If in the unlikely event that we should ever have a title deciding away game with a reduced allocation, of course none of our fans would buy up hospitality and home end tickets then jump up and down if we scored, would they?

You dont seem to grasp the fact this is not what they did, it wasnt just jump up, sit down and watch the rest of the game if it were the majority posting about them, myself included wouldnt have bothered. The problem was the add ons to the jumping up and down, it was the GIRFUY gestures, the crossing themselves and waving us over to have a go.

Have you grasped that yet or are you still going to defend them?

New Corrie
26-04-2010, 10:20 PM
You dont seem to grasp the fact this is not what they did, it wasnt just jump up, sit down and watch the rest of the game if it were the majority posting about them, myself included wouldnt have bothered. The problem was the add ons to the jumping up and down, it was the GIRFUY gestures, the crossing themselves and waving us over to have a go.

Have you grasped that yet or are you still going to defend them?

I have grasped it, and i'm not defending anyone. I was in the Tynecastle hospitality when Deeks scored the winner and I and a few other Hibs fans were up giving it GIRFUY to the maroon junk, so it would be a tad hypocritical for me to point fingers at anyone else.

Hibby D
26-04-2010, 10:53 PM
I was unfortunate enough to be sitting in front of the large group of Rangers fans picked up in Jamie's photos of the West stand. Other than the guy in the white jacket who was straight out of a scene from Chewin' the Fat the rest were well suited and of smart appearance.

And it taught me one thing - you can wrap a bit of dog **** up in gold foil with bells on but underneath it's still a bit of dog ****.

I was sitting with friends who pay around £900 each per year for their ST's. £900 to sit next to dog **** - only Hibs :greengrin

Sir David Gray
26-04-2010, 11:30 PM

First of all, there is no official flag of Northern Ireland. The only flag used by the government in Northern Ireland is the Union Flag.

The Ulster Banner, as it's officially known as, was used as the flag of the Government of Northern Ireland between 1953 and 1972. It is derived from the coat of arms of Northern Ireland, which was created in 1924 after the Irish Free State split from the rest of the United Kingdom a couple of years earlier. It has no official status in Northern Ireland now, mainly because of the appearance of the Crown on the flag and subsequently it would never be accepted by the Nationalist/Republican population. It is however still used unofficially by the Unionists in the country.

The current Union Flag was created in 1801, after the Act of Union 1800, which merged the Kingdom of Ireland with the Kingdom of Great Britain. This meant that Ireland was represented on the Union Flag by the flag of St. Patrick. Even when the Republic of Ireland gained independence in 1922, it was decided that Ireland should still be represented on the Union Flag by the flag of St. Patrick, since Northern Ireland had opted to stay part of the United Kingdom.

hibsboy90
27-04-2010, 12:06 AM
I have grasped it, and i'm not defending anyone. I was in the Tynecastle hospitality when Deeks scored the winner and I and a few other Hibs fans were up giving it GIRFUY to the maroon junk, so it would be a tad hypocritical for me to point fingers at anyone else.
Not having a go at yourself personally, enough folk on this thread look to have done so already.

However, I wouldn't start goading home fans as an away supporter when in hospitality, knowing that it would cause embarassment to my host, or/and risk ejection from the ground.

Hospitality areas may allow you to support your team, but to goad and antagonise is a different matter entirely, and i believe the crux of the argument here.

Barney McGrew
27-04-2010, 07:02 AM

Here's the things that really get me about this picture above.

There's about thirty guys there who have managed to get tickets together and right next to the away support.

(a) How have so many of them got tickets? Are we seriously to believe they got the names of thirty people on the Hibs database who've bought Category A tickets before?

(b) They've obviously asked for tickets right next to the Rangers support - why have the ticket office not clicked on to that - asking for tickets there, they're either Rangers fans or Hibs fans intent on causing bother. Either way, why would you sell that many tickets in that area to a group that size?

The Ticket Office has very clearly dropped the ball on how they sold tickets for this game IMO.

bawheid
27-04-2010, 07:38 AM

There's about thirty guys there who have managed to get tickets together and right next to the away support.

(a) How have so many of them got tickets? Are we seriously to believe they got the names of thirty people on the Hibs database who've bought Category A tickets before?

(b) They've obviously asked for tickets right next to the Rangers support - why have the ticket office not clicked on to that - asking for tickets there, they're either Rangers fans or Hibs fans intent on causing bother. Either way, why would you sell that many tickets in that area to a group that size?

The Ticket Office has very clearly dropped the ball on how they sold tickets for this game IMO.

:agree: It stinks.

After all the fuss the club made about Hibs fans being banned if they sold their tickets to Rangers fans, they have a few serious questions to answer about what went on on Sunday, both in the hospitality area and 'regular supporter' areas.

Hibby D
27-04-2010, 07:49 AM

After all the fuss the club made about Hibs fans being banned if they sold their tickets to Rangers fans, they have a few serious questions to answer about what went on on Sunday, both in the hospitality area and 'regular supporter' areas.

:agree: As I said earlier in this thread - the club has prostituted itself big time.

It's obviously all about the money....

Saorsa
27-04-2010, 07:53 AM

The Ticket Office has very clearly dropped the ball on how they sold tickets for this game IMO.:agree:

After all the fuss the club made about Hibs fans being banned if they sold their tickets to Rangers fans, they have a few serious questions to answer about what went on on Sunday, both in the hospitality area and 'regular supporter' areas.:agree:

I'd like tae hear them explain that photo!

Even if they were duped somehow in tae selling them tickets why were they not removed for being in the wrong end? :bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2010, 09:04 AM
:agree:

:agree:

I'd like tae hear them explain that photo!

Even if they were duped somehow in tae selling them tickets why were they not removed for being in the wrong end? :bitchy:

Not only that, but from that photo you can clearly see them standing. Breaching the no standing rule the club seem to be adhering to vigorously with Hibs fans.

hibbymac
27-04-2010, 09:24 AM
:agree: As I said earlier in this thread - the club has prostituted itself big time.

:agree: looking at the photo, you could say 200 in the "Hospitality" at £180 per head ... £36,000. Think your right, it is "all about money" :bitchy:

... but any fan found to be selling their ticket to a hun, could be banned for life. :confused:

greenlex
27-04-2010, 10:22 AM
:agree: looking at the photo, you could say 200 in the "Hospitality" at £180 per head ... £36,000. Think your right, it is "all about money" :bitchy:

... but any fan found to be selling their ticket to a hun, could be banned for life. :confused:

So what you and Di are saying that if putting up with them in hospitality twice a season could improve the squad then its not worth doing. I reckon in every hospitality suit in every ground in the world for big games there will be away fans that equal if not outnumber the home fans. It called hospitality for a reason. Businesses and individuals invite friends and customers to it.
I do however think that if individuals behaviour in there is of a fashion that would get you thrown out anywhere else in the ground then out they should go and the organisation or individuals responsible for their guests should be brought to task.
IMO its not about prostitution its about business sense.

hibbymac
27-04-2010, 10:25 AM
So what you and Di are saying that if putting up with them in hospitality twice a season could improve the squad then its not worth doing. I reckon in every hospitality suit in every ground in the world for big games there will be away fans that equal if not outnumber the home fans. It called hospitality for a reason. Businesses and individuals invite friends and customers to it.
I do however think that if individuals behaviour in there is of a fashion that would get you thrown out anywhere else in the ground then out they should go and the organisation or individuals responsible for their guests should be brought to task.
IMO its not about prostitution its about business sense.

Care to point out where I said that??

greenlex
27-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Care to point out where I said that??
You agreed with Di who in part said that. You put the price on it at £180 a head and reckoned £36k to the club and were turning your nose up at it or did I imagine that? :confused: How do you think we pay the players wages?

hibbymac
27-04-2010, 10:32 AM
You agreed with Di who in part said that. You put the price on it at £180 a head and reckoned £36k to the club and were turning your nose up at it or did I imagine that? :confused: How do you think we pay the players wages?

Correct you did imagine that, show me where I said that.

greenlex
27-04-2010, 10:35 AM

This was your post. Have I got you wrong?

hibbymac
27-04-2010, 10:38 AM
This was your post. Have I got you wrong?

Correct that was my post, yes you have got me wrong and I will repeat what I agreed with again.. "Think your right, it is "all about money".

greenlex
27-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Correct that was my post, yes you have got me wrong and I will repeat what I agreed with again.. "Think your right, it is "all about money".
But then you used the bitchy smiley as if you thought it was wrong to be about money. Do you think its right or wrong to be about the money because Di obviously thinks its wrong and thats what you appeared to be agreeing with?

hibbymac
27-04-2010, 10:54 AM
But then you used the bitchy smiley as if you thought it was wrong to be about money. Do you think its right or wrong to be about the money because Di obviously thinks its wrong and thats what you appeared to be agreeing with?

Yes I think it is wrong to just take money and not consider the consequences.

You could have paid £180 for a "package", looking at the comments and the footage on you tube, Hibs did nothing to "calm" these visitors to the hospitality and were happy to take the money from them at any cost.

so to keep things simple, D said it was all about money, I agreed. Of course we need the income, however the club threatened fans with a lifetime ban if they sold tickets to rangers fans as it could cause trouble, what steps did they take in the centre stand to avoid any trouble? it appeared to be nothing. That's why I was agreeing that it is all about money.

Do you think it was right for Hibs to take the money and do nothing about controlling the situation?

bawheid
27-04-2010, 11:02 AM

You could have paid £180 for a "package", looking at the comments and the footage on you tube, Hibs did nothing to "calm" these visitors to the hospitality and were happy to take the money from them at any cost.

so to keep things simple, D said it was all about money, I agreed. Of course we need the income, however the club threatened fans with a lifetime ban if they sold tickets to rangers fans as it could cause trouble, what steps did they take in the centre stand to avoid any trouble? it appeared to be nothing. That's why I was agreeing that it is all about money.

Do you think it was right for Hibs to take the money and do nothing about controlling the situation?

Correct, it's not so much about taking the money, of course we should take the money if offered.

The point is that on one hand Hibs were warning their own supporters not to sell their tickets to Rangers fans, as this could cause trouble. Meanwhile on the other hand they themselves were selling tickets to Rangers fans, who ended up trying to cause trouble.

This has similarities with the way fans in the south stand have been treated. Hibs fans are told to sit down by some jobsworth steward, while away fans can do what they want (including singing disgusting sectarian songs, by the way) and get away with it.

I still think Hibs have got some explaining to do with regards to what went on last Sunday.

Hibby D
27-04-2010, 11:06 AM

No I didn't :confused:

I understand business, of course I do, but I also spot double standards from a mile away (or in Sunday's case, 5 yards) and HFC displayed that in abundance on Sunday.

There are just lines you don't cross, and knowingly subjecting your own fans to someof the bile I witnessed in the West stand on Sunday, and then doing NOTHING about it, is overstepping the mark big time.

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2010, 11:09 AM

Which the club itself did, then plonked them right in the middle of our support.:confused:

hibbymac
27-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Which the club itself did, then plonked them right in the middle of our support.:confused:

But that's OK, surely, as we've got wages to pay. :wink:

The Baldmans Comb
27-04-2010, 11:17 AM

I am on about your posting history either here on Hibs Bounce where we find that you are an extreme right wing British Unionist who seems to have a dislike of all minorities or anything and anyone who isn't quite like you.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but you were forced to apoligise for some anti catholic tirade either here on Hibs Bounce and then you were subsequently banned for remarks about paeodophilie.

Your excuse for one of these outbursts were 'Sorry Ah wus drunk'.

Any flag debates or any discussion about supporters of 'Scotland Shame' invariably involves you deliberatley trying to muddy the waters and trying to take the debate off on at another tangent usually along the lines of 'Hibs urnae any better' or 'We're just as bad'.

That is WTF I am on about.:wink:

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2010, 11:18 AM
But that's OK, surely, as we've got wages to pay. :wink:

I understand that, but the club did what they told everyone else not to do, and invited trouble by doing so. :confused:

Hibby D
27-04-2010, 11:22 AM
I understand that, but the club did what they told everyone else not to do, and invited trouble by doing so. :confused:

I don't think hibbymac's post about wages was being totally serious G - :greengrin

hibbymac
27-04-2010, 11:26 AM
I don't think hibbymac's post about wages was being totally serious G - :greengrin

I agree, .... but i'm not using a smillie as it just gets me into bother. :wink: ( oh $h!t )

Hibby D
27-04-2010, 11:31 AM
I agree, .... but i'm not using a smillie as it just gets me into bother. :wink: ( oh $h!t )

This is why I believe everyone who reads .net yet should go on an "Understanding Smillies" course :greengrin

Anyway back on track...I do think the club has some explaining to do but I'm not convinced they will. Going by LHWM's stats on another thread the frequency with which HFC host Champion-deciding fixtures against der hun is too infrequentfor the club to concern themselves over how it affects Hibs fans.

But maybe that's me just being :bitchy:

:wink:

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2010, 11:32 AM

Ahhhh. :greengrin It is very strange that the club would plonk these reptiles in the middle of the hibs support though? I'd love to hear how they will justify it.

Kojock
27-04-2010, 11:39 AM

Your sums are flawed as Der Hun could purchase hopitality tickets to the Captains Lounge in the West Stand for £60. Because they were in 'hospitality' they could purchase a ticket without being on the database with the added bonus that they would not be ejected from the stadium.:grr:

Argylehibby
27-04-2010, 11:54 AM

So your defence of their actions is really just you trying to feel better about your own actions in a similar circumstance. :devil:

Two wrongs dont make a right though and your actions at Tynie were equally indefensible as those who abused our hospility on Sunday.

hibbymac
27-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Your sums are flawed as Der Hun could purchase hopitality tickets to the Captains Lounge in the West Stand for £60. Because they were in 'hospitality' they could purchase a ticket without being on the database with the added bonus that they would not be ejected from the stadium.:grr:

Ahh OK, I thought The Captains lounge was strictly for home supporters only where as "The Hospitality" was the only place where the huns could "legitimately" purchase tickets, ... I stand corrected.

Joe Baker II
27-04-2010, 01:44 PM

Totally agree with you, yet again the double standards some Hibs fans (although how representative 10-20 angry hibs.net posters are is debatable) have that you refer to is unbelievable.

I can live with gestures from opposition fans regardless if they are in a "legitimate" part of stadium or not without blowing my top and would not have been remotely bothered about the gestures at Tynecastle of Falkirk you refer to regardless of what part of ground they were in - a bit of an indictment that some cannot and seem obsessed with complaining to authorities.

Though agree with comments that stewards look for easy targets like children with bottles of water/1-2 people standing at wrong time etc. They ar ejust as guilty as anyone as enforcing stupid and minor rules creates expectation from some that they will throw the book when requested by fans.

Joe Baker II
27-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Correct, it's not so much about taking the money, of course we should take the money if offered.

The point is that on one hand Hibs were warning their own supporters not to sell their tickets to Rangers fans, as this could cause trouble. Meanwhile on the other hand they themselves were selling tickets to Rangers fans, who ended up trying to cause trouble.

This has similarities with the way fans in the south stand have been treated. Hibs fans are told to sit down by some jobsworth steward, while away fans can do what they want (including singing disgusting sectarian songs, by the way) and get away with it.

I still think Hibs have got some explaining to do with regards to what went on last Sunday.

Though was not too bothered about what reportedly went on on Sunday I do agree that given the jobsworth stewarding in recent games and the hysterical warnings about bans, Hibs Board have a lot to answer for - nothing will happen unless fans state they are not renewing season tickets though.

greenlex
27-04-2010, 09:24 PM

No and have said so on another thread. Apologies for picking you up wrong.

greenlex
27-04-2010, 09:32 PM
No I didn't :confused:

I understand business, of course I do, but I also spot double standards from a mile away (or in Sunday's case, 5 yards) and HFC displayed that in abundance on Sunday.

There are just lines you don't cross, and knowingly subjecting your own fans to someof the bile I witnessed in the West stand on Sunday, and then doing NOTHING about it, is overstepping the mark big time.

You maybe didnt say it Di but you alluded to it.
I am not sure where the double standards come into it other than not treating spectators hospitality or not into the same rules and conditions.
I however disagree about the club knowingly subjecting fans to the bile they were subjected to but agree they did nothing about at the time which is wrong.
People that regularly take hospitality, season ticket holders and club members in the hospitality area should be asking the club for an explanation on the inactivity in addressing it.

Hibby D
27-04-2010, 10:09 PM

So what you and Di are saying that if putting up with them in hospitality twice a season could improve the squad then its not worth doing.

You agreed with Di who in part said that?

You maybe didnt say it Di but you alluded to it.

Nope I alluded to nothing of the sort :confused: Care to point out to me where about? Care to explain to me why I would even allude to something as riduculous as "if putting up with them in hospitality twice a season could improve the squad then its not worth doing" :dizzy:

Please don't put words in my mouth A :wink:

The double standards I referred to have been pointed out on numerous occasions already but for the sake of clarification I'll explain what I mean. The club knew there was potential for trouble otherwise they wouldn't have issued the warnings they did to any Hibs fans considering selling or passing their ST onto Rangers supporters. Yet despite that, they knowingly sold dozens of seats to Rangers fans. Just because someone pays £60 or more for a seat doesn't make them immune from causing trouble as the events of Sunday proved in abundance.

I was a guest in the West on Sunday - sadly I spent the whole of the game wishing I was sitting in my empty ST seat in the FF lower. Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing :greengrin

greenlex
27-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Nope I alluded to nothing of the sort :confused: Care to point out to me where about? Care to explain to me why I would even allude to something as riduculous as "if putting up with them in hospitality twice a season could improve the squad then its not worth doing" :dizzy:

Please don't put words in my mouth A :wink:

The double standards I referred to have been pointed out on numerous occasions already but for the sake of clarification I'll explain what I mean. The club knew there was potential for trouble otherwise they wouldn't have issued the warnings they did to any Hibs fans considering selling or passing their ST onto Rangers supporters. Yet despite that, they knowingly sold dozens of seats to Rangers fans. Just because someone pays £60 or more for a seat doesn't make them immune from causing trouble as the events of Sunday proved in abundance.

I was a guest in the West on Sunday - sadly I spent the whole of the game wishing I was sitting in my empty ST seat in the FF lower. Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing :greengrin

I should no better than disagree with a woman. :greengrin
OK you never said it but you "allude" that the club should not be taking money from hospitality if its from away fans that might cause trouble. It hospitality D. As far as I know its only now available in the West beside the home support. If we are not to allow this then it will have an impact on income and the playing budget. That is what I was on about. Granted I may have skipped a few paragraphs metaphorically speaking.
I think selling them hospitality is ok but policing it has to be better. As you say just because they spend £60 on a ticket should not make them immune from the same disciplinary actions imposed in other area's of the ground.
The club should be answerable to those affected by the unruly hospitality guests but it is they who need to ask the questions IMO.
I would hate for regulars or indeed the away fans that behaved in that area to be put off returning because of Sunday's events.

Hibby D
27-04-2010, 10:32 PM

:top marks

:greengrin

hibbymac
28-04-2010, 07:06 AM
I think selling them hospitality is ok but policing it has to be better........

Why do you think I agreed in the first place. :offski: :thumbsup:

On the second point, .. I think we would ALL agree on that. :aok:

GreenPJ
28-04-2010, 10:25 PM

This picture is after the game - I presume they have all congregated there to be close to their hun chums in the official away end so not necessarily the case re your points above. Whilst I hate the idea of having away fans in the Hibs end can you imagine if we had the chance of winning the league and only received 750 tickets what fans would try to be doing.

Sir David Gray
28-04-2010, 10:43 PM
This picture is after the game - I presume they have all congregated there to be close to their hun chums in the official away end so not necessarily the case re your points above. Whilst I hate the idea of having away fans in the Hibs end can you imagine if we had the chance of winning the league and only received 750 tickets what fans would try to be doing.

There's a slight difference.

Rangers fans can be pretty safe in the knowledge that they'll have to wait a couple of years at most before they see their team win the league again. If you're a Rangers fan, of course you'll have been happy on Sunday but I really don't know if I would have been going to the trouble of getting someone to buy me a ticket and then going undercover etc.

If Hibs happen to be going for the league next year, I could (and probably will) be six feet under, the next time we're in that position. I think most Hibs fans would be trying to witness it by hook or by crook.

Barney McGrew
29-04-2010, 06:16 AM
This picture is after the game - I presume they have all congregated there to be close to their hun chums in the official away end so not necessarily the case re your points above

Nope. The majority of those in that picture sat there the whole game.

GreenPJ
29-04-2010, 11:38 AM
There's a slight difference.

Rangers fans can be pretty safe in the knowledge that they'll have to wait a couple of years at most before they see their team win the league again. If you're a Rangers fan, of course you'll have been happy on Sunday but I really don't know if I would have been going to the trouble of getting someone to buy me a ticket and then going undercover etc.

If Hibs happen to be going for the league next year, I could (and probably will) be six feet under, the next time we're in that position. I think most Hibs fans would be trying to witness it by hook or by crook.

There is no difference. As a true fan of whatever club you want to see success regardless of whether its every year or every 50 years.

Rangers now hold a world record for number of league titles, they are in deep financial trouble (:greengrin) and haven't bought a player in two years. Am sure there would have been numerous fans wanting to get tickets to see them clinch the league.

Frazerbob
29-04-2010, 12:25 PM
I e-mailed the club about the away fans in the West hospitality. The reply I received from Fife Hyland basically said that this area is not a "home section" and is actually deemed neutral. He also said that over the course of the season there have been games with far more away fans in that section, including the Rangers game at Christmas and there has been no instances of trouble in the past. He also said that the club decided to keep large sections of the hospitality closed so as to restrict the number of Rangers fans occupying these areas. This resulted in the hospitality being 250 covers below capacity.

Fife also pointed out that the Rangers fans were identifyed prior to the match and warned to behave. A couple were refused entry to the seated area and a couple were removed.

He also stated that the club were trying to identify were the Rangers fans in the home stands sourced their tickets and he repeated the threat that if they can be traced back to any Hibs supporters, action will be taken.

I am obviously paraphrasing but this is my understanding of his reply.