PDA

View Full Version : Very Disappointed With Hibs

stanton_4
25-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Last week I sent e-mails to both Hibs and Hearts informing them of an upcoming charity event. I asked both clubs if they could contribute something... anything to auction or raffle. The charity that was to benefit was children inc which is based in North West Edinburgh. Within 24 hours I had received an e-mail from a very nice lady called Jane Rankin who works for Heart of Midlothian Education and Community Trust. She told me that while Hearts don't usually contribute to charities out with their catchment area, they would send me a voucher for 2 tickets for a Hearts home game next season. By the end of the week the voucher had arrived and also a signed copy of the last Hearts v Hibs programme signed by the first team squad. After hearing nothing from Hibs I called Russell Smith who is the Corporate and Commercial Manager at Hibs. He wasn't at his desk so one of his colleagues took my details and said they would ask him to get in touch wit me asap. I'm still waiting. The charity event went off last night without a hitch and we raised several hundred pounds. Thank you to all the various small local businesses who contributed prizes and especially to Jane at HMFC. I am bitterly disappointed with my club and with the larger businesses in the Leith area. Hibernian Football Club, Tom Kitchen, Martin Wishart, Mal Maison and many others... you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Golden Bear
25-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Last week I sent e-mails to both Hibs and Hearts informing them of an upcoming charity event. I asked both clubs if they could contribute something... anything to auction or raffle. The charity that was to benefit was children inc which is based in North West Edinburgh. Within 24 hours I had received an e-mail from a very nice lady called Jane Rankin who works for Heart of Midlothian Education and Community Trust. She told me that while Hearts don't usually contribute to charities out with their catchment area, they would send me a voucher for 2 tickets for a Hearts home game next season. By the end of the week the voucher had arrived and also a signed copy of the last Hearts v Hibs programme signed by the first team squad. After hearing nothing from Hibs I called Russell Smith who is the Corporate and Commercial Manager at Hibs. He wasn't at his desk so one of his colleagues took my details and said they would ask him to get in touch wit me asap. I'm still waiting. The charity event went off last night without a hitch and we raised several hundred pounds. Thank you to all the various small local businesses who contributed prizes and especially to Jane at HMFC. I am bitterly disappointed with my club and with the larger businesses in the Leith area. Hibernian Football Club, Tom Kitchen, Martin Wishart, Mal Maison and many others... you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Disappointing reading.

Even the courtesy of a reply indicating that they were unable to make a donation would have been better than to totally ignore your request altogether.

Fantic
25-04-2010, 12:13 PM

Tom Kitchen donated a signed copy of his latest book to our local family centres raffle. Its a hit or a miss as its nearly all the same businesses every year that get a letter, but its not always the same people who donate.

EskbankHibby
25-04-2010, 12:13 PM

Understand your angry mate but that's a bit harsh on local businesses that didn't contribute, giving to charity is an opt-in thing as opposed to opt-out surely?

Specifically about the lack of contact from Hibs i am afraid to say it's not the first time i've heard this, pretty poor, especially when you've been told your getting a call back.

Well done on what sounds like a successful night anyway.:thumbsup:

bob12345
25-04-2010, 12:14 PM
No excuses for Hibs, but the only thing I'd say if perhaps you should have given slightly more than a week? I'm sure everyone has had an incredibly busy week at work before, where you scan an e-mail, decide it isn't vital at the time and forget about it completely.

Like I said - still not an excuse, but perhaps the reason.

stanton_4
25-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Understand your angry mate but that's a bit harsh on local businesses that didn't contribute, giving to charity is an opt-in thing as opposed to opt-out surely?

Specifically about the lack of contact from Hibs i am afraid to say it's not the first time i've heard this, pretty poor, especially when you've been told your getting a call back.

Well done on what sounds like a successful night anyway.:thumbsup:

Not angry mate just bitterly disappointed. I understand your point and you have the right to your opinion I just feel that it wouldn't have taken much to contribute in some small way.

stanton_4
25-04-2010, 12:57 PM
No excuses for Hibs, but the only thing I'd say if perhaps you should have given slightly more than a week? I'm sure everyone has had an incredibly busy week at work before, where you scan an e-mail, decide it isn't vital at the time and forget about it completely.

Like I said - still not an excuse, but perhaps the reason.

You're absolutely right if I had given them more time then maybe they would have responded. The thing was that I didn't have the time. I was drawn in at the last minute and only had a week to get as much as possible. Mr Smith at Hibs not only had an e-mail but also a phone call and a reminder from a colleague. Poor show really and especially considering when I did the stadium tour I was told at great length about all the good causes and initiatives Hibs support and how poor Hearts were at the same thing. It seems the other way around to me now.

RIP
25-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Last week I sent e-mails to both Hibs and Hearts informing them of an upcoming charity event.

After hearing nothing from Hibs I called Russell Smith who is the Corporate and Commercial Manager at Hibs. He wasn't at his desk so one of his colleagues took my details and said they would ask him to get in touch with me asap. I'm still waiting.

Odd Story.

Russell Smith left Hibs after six years in 2008. Took a job in Scottish Rugby IIRC

Pity you didn't contact the Community Foundation. Is that not what they are there for?

chrisski33
25-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Wots name of charity? At my work in leith we get asked every wk to donate to charities and often folk do it by email thus gets forgotton about. Ur best to phone or go in person and ask.

Jamesie
25-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Odd Story.

Russell Smith left Hibs after six years in 2008. Took a job in Scottish Rugby IIRC

Pity you didn't contact the Community Foundation. Is that not what they are there for?

I think he has returned.

TheEastTerrace
25-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Odd Story.

Russell Smith is back at ER, was at the Listening Forums.

Andy74
25-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Sending an email and giving a week is not the best way to get action I am afraid. You should have called if you were pressed for time. I am sure hibs and all these businesses get many requests a day and out of order to suggest they should be ashamed because they couldn't help yours this time.

Hibs On Tour
25-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Odd Story.

Been back since around turn of the year I think, replaced the lady who replaced him... if you catch my drift. Russel's prime directive is inward sponsorship rather than outward sponsorship/charity however. Don't know who the best contact for that would be...

jae
25-04-2010, 04:40 PM
A friend of mines son was recently involved in a bad car accident.

He is in The Spinal unit at Glasgow Southern General.

I E-Mailed Elaine Morrison at the club asking if a get well card could be sent to him.

Within 24 hours I had received a reply and the aforementioned card was soon signed by the manager and players and sent to him.

I guess they have many requests daily but credit where credit is due.

I was not sure of the spelling of my friend's sons name and had indeed spelt it wrong in my original E-Mail (Elain realised this after checking the database I would imagine) She E-Mailed me back to say that card was ready to go but after realising the error would arrange for another card to be done.

I found her very proffesional and efficient in dealing with this matter. :top marks:top marks

Jamesie
25-04-2010, 05:20 PM
I also understand that Mark Cooper - who is soon running 50 marathons in 56 days for charity - www.runwithmark.com - is having a photoshoot done at Easter Road on Tuesday morning with the club's blessing. So, while this request hasn't been ideal in terms of the response it received, we can't take it as being the norm.

stanton_4
26-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Odd Story.

His name is on the official website and when I phoned I was told he was away from his desk at that moment so yes it is a bit odd. And I agree if I had been more aware I would have contacted the community foundation. Still a poor show mind.

stanton_4
26-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Sending an email and giving a week is not the best way to get action I am afraid. You should have called if you were pressed for time. I am sure hibs and all these businesses get many requests a day and out of order to suggest they should be ashamed because they couldn't help yours this time.

Nonsense. If HMFC are able to respond to an e-mail so should Hibs or any other well run company for that matter. I also dont agree I'm out of order for expecting at least a reply.

stanton_4
26-04-2010, 08:21 AM
A friend of mines son was recently involved in a bad car accident.

He is in The Spinal unit at Glasgow Southern General.

I E-Mailed Elaine Morrison at the club asking if a get well card could be sent to him.

Within 24 hours I had received a reply and the aforementioned card was soon signed by the manager and players and sent to him.

I guess they have many requests daily but credit where credit is due.

I was not sure of the spelling of my friend's sons name and had indeed spelt it wrong in my original E-Mail (Elain realised this after checking the database I would imagine) She E-Mailed me back to say that card was ready to go but after realising the error would arrange for another card to be done.

I found her very proffesional and efficient in dealing with this matter. :top marks:top marks

This is good to hear and very reassuring. I will contact Elaine in the future.

s.a.m
26-04-2010, 08:52 AM
A number of years ago, I had to administer a fund-raiser for my daughter's pre-school. This involved requesting donations from local businesses, and from football clubs, entertainment venues etc......for the raffle. Several months notice was given (before anyone asks......:greengrin), and many people were very generous. Hearts sent us a number of promotional items for our lucky dip (keyrings, balloons etc..), and some higher value items as well (cannae remember what). Hibs sent us a (slightly dimissive) standard rejection letter. Some time after the event. So Hearts got their name in the programme, and on the posters of donors displayed at the event, and Hibs didn't.

Personally, I don't like asking businesses for donations, and I realise that they get loads of requests, and they are well within their rights to refuse. However, lots of organisations and businesses seem to view these requests as a way of getting cheap advertising and profile raising within their community, and happily contribute. Doesn't even need to be a big thing - some people sent us money-off vouchers, or very small items (like Hearts lucky dip donations), and they all got advertising for it. Hearts stuff was everywhere, and it would have made you greet.:boo hoo:

stanton_4
26-04-2010, 09:12 AM
A number of years ago, I had to administer a fund-raiser for my daughter's pre-school. This involved requesting donations from local businesses, and from football clubs, entertainment venues etc......for the raffle. Several months notice was given (before anyone asks......:greengrin), and many people were very generous. Hearts sent us a number of promotional items for our lucky dip (keyrings, balloons etc..), and some higher value items as well (cannae remember what). Hibs sent us a (slightly dimissive) standard rejection letter. Some time after the event. So Hearts got their name in the programme, and on the posters of donors displayed at the event, and Hibs didn't.

Personally, I don't like asking businesses for donations, and I realise that they get loads of requests, and they are well within their rights to refuse. However, lots of organisations and businesses seem to view these requests as a way of getting cheap advertising and profile raising within their community, and happily contribute. Doesn't even need to be a big thing - some people sent us money-off vouchers, or very small items (like Hearts lucky dip donations), and they all got advertising for it. Hearts stuff was everywhere, and it would have made you greet.:boo hoo:

Yep same thing happened on Saturday. Apart from what was given when I asked, they also donated a signed football. As a result everyone at the evening was impressed with Hearts contributions and disappointed with Hibs.

hibees_green
26-04-2010, 08:54 PM
I contacted Elaine Morrison (and Colin McNeil when he was at the club) for a similar thing. It was for an Edinburgh based Childrens charity. They were brilliant.

After a chat they explained how many requests they received and although they couldn't satisfy every request were particularly committed to local based childrens charities.:thumbsup:

Ironically I also contacted Hearts who never replied. I doubt there was any malice in it just one of those things I guess.

Toaods
26-04-2010, 09:26 PM
if the club were given less than a weeks notice then they have nothing to be ashamed about.

If it was me in your role, I'd have nipped down to the club myself one lunchtime and asked to see someone face-to-face. There are also cheap strips in the shop, you could have bought one and asked to have it signed then received your outlay back from the funds raised.

There are loads of options open to raising money for charity and as has been pointed out, all clubs receive numerous requests but sadly cannot hand out freebies every day of the week.

Glad to hear you made a few quid though...:agree:

hibbiedon
27-04-2010, 06:41 AM
Wots name of charity? At my work in leith we get asked every wk to donate to charities and often folk do it by email thus gets forgotton about. Ur best to phone or go in person and ask.

Anyone any idea how many requests per week Hibs get for charities etc, I know it would only take a few minutes to answer, but multiply the amount of requests by a few minutes then take into account the bogus requests from the chancers wanting to hawk items on ebay. We are the good guys to those who recieve and the bad guys to those who don't

Stuart Crowther
27-04-2010, 07:24 AM
Anyone any idea how many requests per week Hibs get for charities etc, I know it would only take a few minutes to answer, but multiply the amount of requests by a few minutes then take into account the bogus requests from the chancers wanting to hawk items on ebay. We are the good guys to those who recieve and the bad guys to those who don't

Don't know the exact number but it's a lot. Everyone at the club receives them, and while you want to help everyone who asks, you just can't - and in a lot of cases I'm afraid refusal does often offend. I used to get a large number of requests from Eastern Europe in particular looking for programmes/'pins'/flags etc.

Steve-O
27-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Don't know the exact number but it's a lot. Everyone at the club receives them, and while you want to help everyone who asks, you just can't - and in a lot of cases I'm afraid refusal does often offend. I used to get a large number of requests from Eastern Europe in particular looking for programmes/'pins'/flags etc.

:hmmm: Russian Hibs Fan?! :greengrin

Andy74
27-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Nonsense. If HMFC are able to respond to an e-mail so should Hibs or any other well run company for that matter. I also dont agree I'm out of order for expecting at least a reply.

If this is the way you go about things they are best out of it if you ask me. Which you did really by posting your complaints in public.

Beefster
27-04-2010, 08:21 AM
In Hibs' defence on their communication, I wrote a letter to Scott Lindsay about something and, despite him being on holiday, received a response from Fife Hyland within the week.

JohnScott
27-04-2010, 04:05 PM
If this is the way you go about things they are best out of it if you ask me. Which you did really by posting your complaints in public.

Find your comment over the top and patronising. The guy only posted his disappointment.

As for how many requests they get? So what? You seriously saying Hibs cant afford to send out an email?

A few years ago my sister organised a charity event after requesting merchandise from all of Londons top clubs and Man Utd. She received nothing from Man U but all the other clubs sent something including signed shirts. Now yes, you could argue that Man U must receive tens of thousands of requests each week but Hibs are not Man Utd.

However, Chelsea and Arsenal were among those that did and their generosity helped my wee sister raise a lot of money for a local charity.

Of course Hibs cant help every charity event but they can certainly take the time to respond to a bloody email!

One final point: Weren't Hibs a charitable organisation before we turned pro? We need to remember that surely.

Beefster
27-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Find your comment over the top and patronising. The guy only posted his disappointment.

As for how many requests they get? So what? You seriously saying Hibs cant afford to send out an email?

A few years ago my sister organised a charity event after requesting merchandise from all of Londons top clubs and Man Utd. She received nothing from Man U but all the other clubs sent something including signed shirts. Now yes, you could argue that Man U must receive tens of thousands of requests each week but Hibs are not Man Utd.

However, Chelsea and Arsenal were among those that did and their generosity helped my wee sister raise a lot of money for a local charity.

Of course Hibs cant help every charity event but they can certainly take the time to respond to a bloody email!

One final point: Weren't Hibs a charitable organisation before we turned pro? We need to remember that surely.

Hibs do charitable work.

There could be any number of reasons why they (or any of the other businesses mentioned) didn't respond within the very tight deadlines given. Isn't the charity as much to blame for leaving it so late to ask for support?

tamig
27-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Find your comment over the top and patronising.

Aye. Andy's good at that. Been doing it for years.

stanton_4
27-04-2010, 06:54 PM
if the club were given less than a weeks notice then they have nothing to be ashamed about.

If it was me in your role, I'd have nipped down to the club myself one lunchtime and asked to see someone face-to-face. There are also cheap strips in the shop, you could have bought one and asked to have it signed then received your outlay back from the funds raised.

There are loads of options open to raising money for charity and as has been pointed out, all clubs receive numerous requests but sadly cannot hand out freebies every day of the week.

Glad to hear you made a few quid though...:agree:

Well nest time I'll be sure to call you. I disagree that they have nothing to be ashamed about. other people (including Hearts) responded in that time. Why couldn't Hibs?

stanton_4
27-04-2010, 06:55 PM

A refusal wouldn't have offended. However being ignored does!

stanton_4
27-04-2010, 07:00 PM

I will write to Hibs but dont expect a reply.
Best out of it? I posted to make public my disappointment in my club. I don't see what it is wrong with that. Are you really so defensive about your club that you can see no wrong in them? In my opinion there is nothing wrong with making people aware of the short comings of the way in which their club is run. And from other posters I dont seem to be the only one who think things could be improved.

jdships
27-04-2010, 07:01 PM
I would just reiterate what one or two others have advised.
Always write in , e-mails tend to end up in an "intray " and forgotten about .

Well done to the OP and his efforts
:thumbsup:

stanton_4
27-04-2010, 07:03 PM

Thanks for that John. I agree entirely.

MSK
27-04-2010, 07:06 PM
I will write to Hibs but dont expect a reply.
Best out of it? I posted to make public my disappointment in my club. I don't see what it is wrong with that. Are you really so defensive about your club that you can see no wrong in them? In my opinion there is nothing wrong with making people aware of the short comings of the way in which their club is run. And from other posters I dont seem to be the only one who think things could be improved.A helpful wee tip mate, when you are quoting more than one person there is a "multiquote" function just beside the quote function ..makes posts easier to read ..:aok:

stanton_4
27-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Just as a wee foot note and to end things up. We raised £965 for childrens inc.
A big thank you to all who contributed.

Bayern Bru
27-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Think the main issue that the OP has is the fact that Hibs seemingly weren't gracious enough to even respond, let alone turn them down.

I've contacted Hibs a few times and been pretty pleased with the speed and quality of response, but at the same time, my dad won a competition a couple of years back (think the prize was something like a day watching Hibs train, lunch with the players etc.) and he had to email them two or three times to organise this when surely you'd think the ball was in the club's court.

I think the thing to remember is that whilst being ignored is not the standard response from Hibs, it's certainly a bit much to have a go at Stanton_4 for airing their views. I'm sure anyone reading this will take the pointers for ensuring a response into consideration should they ever need/want to contact the club.

A pity that they ignored the request and Hearts didn't but at the same time, I'm sure there have been similar occasions for Yams where they've been ignored by their club and helped out by Hibs.

stanton_4
27-04-2010, 07:07 PM
A helpful wee tip mate, when you are quoting more than one person there is a "multiquote" function just beside the quote function ..makes posts easier to read ..:aok:

Cheers Happy. As you might be able to tell am no very good at this lol.

MSK
27-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Cheers Happy. As you might be able to tell am no very good at this lol.Nae worries mate, practice makes perfect ..:thumbsup:

Groovee
27-04-2010, 08:23 PM
We've often had a good prize for a raffle from Hibs for our PTA raffles, but never even a reply from Hearts.

If speed is the essence then you cannot expect a large corporation of any kind to just jump. We send our letters out 3 months before and it can take a good 8 weeks to get replies back. Sometimes things aren't picked up until the last minute. I've had phone calls the night before the raffle asking me for an address to deliver a prize!

Dashing Bob S
27-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Someone is obviously to blame for this lack of response, and the buck has to stop somewhere.

I know who I blame.

Velma Dinkley
27-04-2010, 10:10 PM
It does seem rather unfair to moan about the club unless you know they definitely recieved your email. A little bit more fortitude may be in order next time!

stanton_4
28-04-2010, 06:48 AM
We've often had a good prize for a raffle from Hibs for our PTA raffles, but never even a reply from Hearts.

If speed is the essence then you cannot expect a large corporation of any kind to just jump. We send our letters out 3 months before and it can take a good 8 weeks to get replies back. Sometimes things aren't picked up until the last minute. I've had phone calls the night before the raffle asking me for an address to deliver a prize!

I was asked to do this at the last minute so your advice really wouldn't have made any difference in this case. I was merely expressing my disappointment in Hibs. I did not expect them to jump, however I did expect common courtesy.

It does seem rather unfair to moan about the club unless you know they definitely recieved your email. A little bit more fortitude may be in order next time!

Moan? I don't think so. Expressing disappointment is a little different from moaning don't you think? I find your "fortitude" comment more than a little condescending since I obtained the e-mail address from the official website. If it didn't get to Mr Smith maybe you should be asking the club why it didn't happen.

erskine-hibby
28-04-2010, 07:02 AM
A refusal wouldn't have offended. However being ignored does!

:agree:

I can understand that the club cannot give to every charity around (no offence meant), but to not even an acknowledgement?...pretty poor stuff IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2010, 07:26 AM
1 week is not very long to give for a reply imho, although i emailed the club around 8 weeks ago about an issue, and got an automated reply warning me not to show anyone the automated reply,:confused: but have heard nothing since.:bitchy:

StevieC
28-04-2010, 07:54 AM
My experience is that the way the club deal with general emails is pretty poor (unless your email manages to get the right person straight away).

However, my experience with the generosity of the club when it comes to helping charitable causes is that they are very good.

In this case I think that the email problem is the issue rather than the generosity of the club.

Woody1985
28-04-2010, 12:23 PM

Well done on what sounds like a successful night anyway.

It really annoys me when people take this stance on people who refuse to give to charity.

Yes, it's good that those that are more fortunate than others can and are willing to help. However, it should not be expected of people or companies.

Within my office there are around 5 people who constantly ask for donations for this or that and if you don't give anything you are like some kind of evil ****.

You will often find that companies have a dedicate charity (or more). This is so that they can focus on helping those charities and make a real difference.

As others have said, it's a good gesture from Hearts and disappointing Hibs didn't reply but I'm sure that Hibs do plenty of other charity work.

Removed
28-04-2010, 09:42 PM
My experience is that the way the club deal with general emails is pretty poor (unless your email manages to get the right person straight away).

However, my experience with the generosity of the club when it comes to helping charitable causes is that they are very good.

In this case I think that the email problem is the issue rather than the generosity of the club.

:agree: And mine this week.

I sent an email to club@hibernianfc.co.uk on Sunday night. Three working days and I still haven't had a reply or even a holding email. I think that is pretty poor or am I being unfair on them.

FranckSuzy
29-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Looks like the club has helped out our fellow Hibby with his wedding comp.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100429/city-rivals-wedding-bliss_2262950_2039005 (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100429/city-rivals-wedding-bliss_2262950_2039005)

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Looks like the club has helped out our fellow Hibby with his wedding comp.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100429/city-rivals-wedding-bliss_2262950_2039005 (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100429/city-rivals-wedding-bliss_2262950_2039005)

I'd have said he was batting way above his average there, but i suppose when you consider she's a yam............:wink:

Sumner
29-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Tawdry PR from the club, poor PR, sort it RP!!

Westie1875
29-04-2010, 06:33 PM
It really annoys me when people take this stance on people who refuse to give to charity.

Yes, it's good that those that are more fortunate than others can and are willing to help. However, it should not be expected of people or companies.

Within my office there are around 5 people who constantly ask for donations for this or that and if you don't give anything you are like some kind of evil ****.

You will often find that companies have a dedicate charity (or more). This is so that they can focus on helping those charities and make a real difference.

As others have said, it's a good gesture from Hearts and disappointing Hibs didn't reply but I'm sure that Hibs do plenty of other charity work.

Quite right, at the moment not everyone can afford to give to charity. And large business's can't possibly agree to every request they receive.

Hibs do vast amounts of charity work, thats the whole point of the Hibernian Community foundation isn't it?

E-mail isn't very personal, if you're asking for money or a donation of some sort then have the guts to pick up the phone first I say. Tin hat is on.

BWhiteman1972
29-04-2010, 06:35 PM

I contact the club in February this year with regards to a charity event and was given a contact name of Sue McLernon. I e-mailed her for a meeting and within two days she had contacted me and a date was set up. I explained what I was looking for and she was incredibly helpful.

I contacted Hearts in March and have yet to receive a response, I think it's just a case of hit or miss sometimes.

I do know from talking with other clubs that they are overwhelmed with charity requests, but I do agree that a response whether good or bad is the least any club should do.

From my own personal experiences, always contact the club by phone and get a contact name before sending any request.

Removed
30-04-2010, 10:34 AM
:agree: And mine this week.

I sent an email to club@hibernianfc.co.uk on Sunday night. Three working days and I still haven't had a reply or even a holding email. I think that is pretty poor or am I being unfair on them.

I contact the club in February this year with regards to a charity event and was given a contact name of Sue McLernon. I e-mailed her for a meeting and within two days she had contacted me and a date was set up. I explained what I was looking for and she was incredibly helpful.

I contacted Hearts in March and have yet to receive a response, I think it's just a case of hit or miss sometimes.

I do know from talking with other clubs that they are overwhelmed with charity requests, but I do agree that a response whether good or bad is the least any club should do.

From my own personal experiences, always contact the club by phone and get a contact name before sending any request.

I was looking for something else on the official site and found the Club Charter (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/ClubCharter/0,,10290~1758270,00.html). Never new it existed TBH. There is a section on Community Activity where they do say that the Club supports local charities and worthy causes through a fund set aside each season :thumbsup:

In terms of communications with the club, the charter states:

To avoid confusion Hibernian Football Club would prefer that all requests/complaints/comments or suggestions, are made in writing by letter, fax or e-mail.

In the first instance all correspondance should be with the Department concerned and they are committed to acknowledge within 5 working days of receipt, and shall endeavour to provide a full response within 10 working days.

Any Complaints should be directed to Scott Lindsay, in writing, who has overall responsibility for the charter.(paraphrased)

Looks like I should get an acknowledgement for my email today then :cool2: