PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell Now Favourites For 4th, Hibs in Intertwobob Slot

Dashing Bob S
24-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Seems to me that's the way the season will end, as we've totally lost our way. Unless an entire new mindset arises over the next four games, we have to see this as Yogi's transitional season.

In Dundee United win the SC, we face a strange trip to somewhere weird in the summer, watching our tubby squad fresh from the beach and who have no touch on the ball, trying to beat some well-drilled, organised part-time crane operators apprentice tea-boys and failing miserably.

The only consolation is that it's likely to be one trip than a disappointing (s******) Los Yambolinos. Still, if we need those useless cretins to do us a favour, we deserve everything we get.

C'mon Hibs, prove me wrong and get right into those Huns, Jambos and 3rd and 4th place usurpers!

Cocaine&Caviar
24-04-2010, 04:00 PM
In Dundee United win the SC, we face a strange trip to somewhere weird in the summer, watching our tubby squad fresh from the beach and who have no touch on the ball, trying to beat some well-drilled, organised part-time crane operators apprentice tea-boys and failing miserably.

That sounds brilliant to me :thumbsup:

ruthven_raiders
24-04-2010, 04:05 PM
just remember there is a good chance dundee united will at least draw with celtic before we play, rangers will then have won league without kicking a ball, hopefully! surely! this will give our guys a good chance of getting at least a draw if not a win tomorrow. We are due a win against rangers at easter road c'mon the hibees:thumbsup:

Jamesie
24-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Wouldn't be too sure about that trip - if we lose tomorrow then the Yams will smell blood next week...

If we do get into the early UEFA round, are the games midweek or on the weekend?

Barney McGrew
24-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Wouldn't be too sure about that trip - if we lose tomorrow then the Yams will smell blood next week...

Hertz are six points behind us with three to play. Given our vastly superior goal difference, they'd probably have to get seven points from those three games with us losing all three to overhaul us now.

Nakedmanoncrack
24-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Hertz are six points behind us with three to play. Given our vastly superior goal difference, they'd probably have to get seven points from those three games with us losing all three to overhaul us now.

Unlikely to finish lower than 5th now, as you say Hearts would need 2 wins and a draw from last 3 games with us losing all four games, the later may happen but Hearts certainly don't look capable of putting such a run together to take advantage.

Vini1875
24-04-2010, 04:27 PM
motherwell still have to play the OF. I think a draw tomorrow and a win against hearts will set us up for the mid week game v motherwell. What ever happens I think our game at firpark will still decide 4th.

Phil D. Rolls
24-04-2010, 04:36 PM
I'd say three points is what we need. Perhaps we can get the first tomorrow.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-04-2010, 04:46 PM
That sounds brilliant to me :thumbsup:Me too! These all too rare Euro trips are what makes watching the run of the mill nonsense worthwhile, as I'm sure everyone that went to Dnipro, Daugavpils etc will agree!

Sir David Gray
24-04-2010, 05:36 PM

If we do get into the early UEFA round, are the games midweek or on the weekend?

If we finish 5th and get into Europe, we will enter the Europa League at the 2nd qualifying stage and the first leg will be on July 15th, which is a Thursday.

Sergey
24-04-2010, 06:51 PM
C'mon Hibs, prove me wrong and get right into those Huns, Jambos and 3rd and 4th place usurpers!

I couldn't have phrased it better myself, Roberto.

Let's get it right up-um!

:notworthy:

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-04-2010, 09:04 PM

So that means in reality, that when the moro[o]ns come to play us, they really are on shacht or bust. A point would do us from that game.

The Harp
24-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Here's hoping for 100% effort from the team tomorrow. Won't make much difference if the Huns have clinched the league before they take the park or not. It's what we do that's important, not them.
C'mon the Hibees!!! :flag:

Alfred E Newman
24-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Todays result was a great result for us. If we don`t lose to Hearts and beat Well away we should finish 4th. If we can`t manage that we don`t deserve any better.

jonny
25-04-2010, 09:00 AM
motherwell still have to play the OF. I think a draw tomorrow and a win against hearts will set us up for the mid week game v motherwell. What ever happens I think our game at firpark will still decide 4th.

:agree:

Forever the optimist I still fancy us for 4th. I'm thinking (perhaps dreaming...) that we won't lose to Hearts, beat Motherwell and get a draw up a Tannadice - last game, we'll be fighting for 4th and they won't have anything to play for and may play a few youngsters.
Anything from today would be a bonus.
Still couldn't resist £2 on Riordan 1st goal and 3-1 Hibs, 200/1 scorecast.