PDA

View Full Version : Question Hibs selling policy

suavegav
24-04-2010, 08:39 AM
How many players have we sold or have left hibs to sign for the infirm over the last ten years. I think compared to other SPL sides we probably have become thier main feeder club. Why?
Hopefully, in the new financial climate, hibs have a newly built stadium and training facilities this will stop and we are able to hold on to more of our promising young players for longer, build a team thats worth watching and be proud of.

Big90inOz
24-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Simple answer is we have the best youth policy in the country, they let us find them, train them, give them experience and then they step in with the big wage offer.

Hibbyradge
24-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Our policy is to sell to the highest bidder.

The reason we've sold more to them than other clubs is because we've got a good scouting and youth system and we've had sellable players.

Feeder club my jacksie. :faf:

suavegav
24-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Our policy is to sell to the highest bidder.

The reason we've sold more to them than other clubs is because we've got a good scouting and youth system and we've had sellable players.

Feeder club my jacksie. :faf:

The Yams have had some good players over the last 10 years, but they dont always sell to the Infirm. My point is, why have we?

Barney McGrew
24-04-2010, 08:54 AM
The Yams have had some good players over the last 10 years, but they dont always sell to the Infirm. My point is, why have we?

We don't.

Fletcher, O'Connor and Murphy were wanted by the OF and didn't go there.

marleyhib
24-04-2010, 08:57 AM
wages will always be a major factor, if a player can earn 4 or 5 times more they will want to leave

suavegav
24-04-2010, 09:04 AM
wages will always be a major factor, if a player can earn 4 or 5 times more they will want to leave

Theres even rumours that after 1 half decent season in the first team at hibs, david wotherspoon could be heading to them. Its really frustrating IMO.

Barney McGrew
24-04-2010, 09:05 AM
Theres even rumours that after 1 half decent season in the first team at hibs, david wotherspoon could be heading to them. Its really frustrating IMO.

Wotherspoon came to Hibs from Celtc in the first place IIRC.

Auckland Hibs
24-04-2010, 09:15 AM
How many players have we sold or have left hibs to sign for the infirm over the last ten years. I think compared to other SPL sides we probably have become thier main feeder club. Why?

Hopefully, in the new financial climate, hibs have a newly built stadium and training facilities this will stop and we are able to hold on to more of our promising young players for longer, build a team thats worth watching and be proud of.

You have answered your own question.

We have EM's, the best stadium outside the Old Squirm and minimal dept because we have sold our best players (to the two clubs that pay top dollar) :grr:

I only hope we can now start to keep them and buy the best talent :greengrin

Hibbyradge
24-04-2010, 09:24 AM

Because the Yam players weren't wanted by the Old Firm.

Who have we willingly sold to them?

Thomson and Whittaker for £2m each and Brown for £5.5m.

Caldwell walked as did Deek and Killin.

Sproule, Murphy, Fletcher and O'Connor went south and abroad.

Not to mention the mighty Dobmeister.

PC Stamp
24-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Most recently, Paul Hartley and Steven Pressley to Celtc. In the 10 or so years spell you state ..... Neil McCann to Rangers as well as allegations about Andy Webster arriving at Rngers via some "arrangement" with Wigan Athletic to do Hearts out of cash!

Just prior to that there was also beetroot face Alan McLaren and Allan Johnston also arrived at Rangers via a convenient spell in France!

Vini1875
24-04-2010, 10:46 AM
I don't think it is so bad actually because they have had to pay handsomely for the players they have bought. What makes it seem so bad is the ones who have walked with out Hibs earning anything for them - Riordan, Murray, Caldwell, Killen, although in Killen's case he was more of a Trojan horse sucking wages for precious little in return, actually Deeks did much the same.

Westie1875
24-04-2010, 10:58 AM

Is there, or did you just make that up? :faf:

Phil D. Rolls
24-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Could somebody open a window please?

Sir David Gray
24-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Players who have gone directly to the Old Firm from another Scottish team since the SPL was formed in 1998/99.

DUNDEE UTD

Billy Dodds
Steven Thompson
Mark Wilson
Barry Robson
Lukasz Zaluska

FALKIRK

Alan Gow

HEARTS

Neil McCann
Paul Ritchie
Steven Pressley