PDA

View Full Version : Media Hibs 2-1 Rangers 12 Oct 1996

Billy McKirdy
23-04-2010, 10:05 PM
This was a game and a half :greengrin

YouTube - Hibs 2-1 Rangers 12th October1996 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iInKs5CUPYY&feature=email)

More of the same this weekend lads :thumbsup:

JE89
23-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Nice find. :agree:

Remember this game surprisingly well considering I was 7. George Albertz looks like a total ned. Same result this weekend please.

Hibbie_Cameron
23-04-2010, 10:10 PM
I remember this game. Always remember the 2 missed pens:thumbsup:

Diclonius
23-04-2010, 10:53 PM
It is just me or does the out of sync audio really piss you off? :grr:

Billy McKirdy
23-04-2010, 10:57 PM
****! I never noticed that when I posted this! :grr:

H18SScottW
23-04-2010, 11:23 PM
I remember this game. Always remember the 2 missed pens:thumbsup:

:agree: Only FOR the Old Firm would a ref, then and now, look to give a re-take ... mind you, Andy Millen nearly got the ball ahead of Laudrup! :greengrin

Surprised that Dougal didn't award it again for Laudrup crashing into Jim Leighton.

Memory's going: who's the commentator with the blue-tinted glasses on?

AFKA5814_Hibs
23-04-2010, 11:42 PM
:agree: Only FOR the Old Firm would a ref, then and now, look to give a re-take ... mind you, Andy Millen nearly got the ball ahead of Laudrup! :greengrin

Surprised that Dougal didn't award it again for Laudrup crashing into Jim Leighton.

It's Gerry McNee.

I remember talking about this game a few weeks ago.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=178935 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=178935)

I think it was the last time the Huns were leading in a game where they lost at Full time.

TBH - I always had Jorg Albertz in my dream team cause he ALWAYS scored against Hibs.

That was never a penalty for Hibs, at least yard outside and penalty spot, but who cares.

And I was RIGHT it was the game when Brian Laudrup missed two penalties. :thumbsup:

BTW - Gerry McNee was a sour faced cant. :greengrin

Jamesie
24-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Note the replacement turf on a part of the pitch in front of the east stand. Was this around about the time the stadium was broken into overnight and "YLT" carved into the pitch? I seem to recall this happening at Tynecastle as well?

patlowe
24-04-2010, 08:49 AM

Can't believe how OF biased McNee's commentary is. ie "this is another example of Rangers being too strong for Scottish opposition". Also, both fouls for the penalties are clearly outside of the box but the hibs one "definitely looked outside the box" while the rangers one is "a penalty kick surely". Outrageous! It's not as bad as that now is it? :confused:

LaMotta
24-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Look wha's in cherge as well in the days before he tragically lost his tippex.

We missed a trick by not installing Jocky in the hotseat long term. Him and Petrie would have got along famously with their glorious bristling moustaches.

Billy McKirdy
24-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Anybody notice Louis van Gaal at 0:48?

LaMotta
24-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Anybody notice Louis van Gaal at 0:48?

:agree: He was there to study Jocky's methods

lucky
24-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Can't believe how OF biased McNee's commentary is. ie "this is another example of Rangers being too strong for Scottish opposition". Also, both fouls for the penalties are clearly outside of the box but the hibs one "definitely looked outside the box" while the rangers one is "a penalty kick surely". Outrageous! It's not as bad as that now is it? :confused:

Time moves on but everything stays the same :grr:

.Sean.
24-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Oooft. Jocky Scott, that was ****ing teckle!!

Who is that biased Hun ******** of a commentater? Hope we ****ing hump these Hun *****ers the morn. GGTTH.

.Sean.
24-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Look wha's in cherge as well in the days before he tragically lost his tippex.

We missed a trick by not installing Jocky in the hotseat long term. Him and Petrie would have got along famously with their glorious bristling moustaches.
''Rod and Jocky's moustachioed army'' CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

:greengrin

hibee_nation
24-04-2010, 10:48 AM
If you look closely i'm sure you can spot Jocky's jet pack in the home dugout. :greengrin

the_ginger_hibee
24-04-2010, 11:46 AM
I was there.

I know this because I'm the wee raj at the end with the yellow jacket :thumbsup:

Steve-O
24-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Strangely, I even remember that The Universal by Blur was the song played immediately after full time that day :agree:

I also seem to recall I was there by myself which is weird since I was only 14!

You can definitely see the YLT sign on the park.

I also like how both penalties were outside the box but McNee sees Hibs one as a lucky break, but the Rangers one as a definite pen and red card! :faf:

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2010, 12:15 PM
We had some sheite in those days. Ray ****in Wilkins.:grr:

3pm
24-04-2010, 12:59 PM

And we still have some!

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2010, 01:25 PM
And we still have some!

Yip, we sure do.

Phil MaGlass
24-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Talk aboot bias commentary, and how about the hibs could only score from a penalty or a set piece,then we go and score from open play,twonks the lot of them.

hibbybrian
24-04-2010, 02:32 PM

After the final whistle he looks seriously pissed off that Hibs won :rolleyes:

BonnieFitbaTeam
24-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Good find in terms of a result against the currant buns, but what a load of dross. If those were the 'highlights' how bad must the rest of the game have been ?

Oh aye, and we complain about the refs today ??? Two of the worst penalty decisions I think I've ever seen, particularly the Hibs one !

Billy McKirdy
24-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Good find in terms of a result against the currant buns, but what a load of dross. If those were the 'highlights' how bad must the rest of the game have been ?

Oh aye, and we complain about the refs today ??? Two of the worst penalty decisions I think I've ever seen, particularly the Hibs one !

Cannae disagree with ANY of that bud. When I was editing this for upload I had 23 minutes of dross to choose from and I totally struggled to put together any decent footage for this clip. example: the best chance we had in the first half was a Rankinesque effort by Chris Jackson which ballooned 15 meters wide of Gorams right hand post. it was that bad!
Also, Its true that Gerry McNee was baised beyond belief towards the Gers but Darren Jacksons penalty award was a dive of the highest order IMHO, how we were given a penalty defeats me.

Billy McKirdy
25-04-2010, 11:32 AM

He might have been past his best but he never gave us less than his best afaicr :top marks

Am I right in thinking he was Alex Millers last signing for us? :confused: