PDA

View Full Version : East Stand Progress

down-the-slope
23-04-2010, 03:59 PM
:rolleyes:

Anyone know when we will start to see anything 'out the ground'?

I know its expensive / time consuming to clear site and pile etc..but sems a bit slow at the mo

Cocaine&Caviar
23-04-2010, 04:01 PM
I would assume after the final home game is when they can start to really push on not having to worry about the rest of the stadium or the pitch.

Mon Dieu4
23-04-2010, 04:10 PM

I know its expensive / time consuming to clear site and pile etc..but sems a bit slow at the mo

You are used to helping out building things in war zones, you should offer your services :faf:

jonty
23-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Latest pics (not up yet) still only show the foundations and reinforcing being put in.

down-the-slope
23-04-2010, 04:14 PM
You are used to helping out building things in war zones, you should offer your services :faf:

It would be finished by now if I was doing it....But the neighbours for a mile around would have had Zero sleep for the past 2 months :wink:

Mon Dieu4
23-04-2010, 04:16 PM
It would be finished by now if I was doing it....But the neighbours for a mile around would have had Zero sleep for the past 2 months :wink:

:faf:

I was round the other day & as said its still the reinforcements etc going up, I also thought there would have been something of note by now, but hey Ive just been trying to find out where my Christmas presents have been hidden

TRIALIST
23-04-2010, 04:45 PM
In a recent statement the club said that everything was going to plan and all the ground works were ready to accept the steelwork which is arriving next month....but they did not say which week.

HibbyKeith
23-04-2010, 05:02 PM
all the pillars that were in place at the last home game have been removed and capped for the concrete foundation to be poured and set, all this as previously posted in time for the arrival of the steel at the begining of next month.

Hibbyradge
23-04-2010, 05:08 PM
I believe that building work has been deliberately slowed down and that if we don't qualify for Europe, it will be offficially postponed. Some of that could be true. :agree:

Westie1875
23-04-2010, 05:10 PM
I believe that building work has been deliberately slowed down and that if we don't qualify for Europe, it will be offficially postponed. Some of that could be true. :agree:

Hibbyradge
23-04-2010, 05:12 PM

You're obviously laughing at my accidental use of thre f's in the word "officially".

IWasThere2016
23-04-2010, 05:13 PM

Heard the same, D :agree:

Jack
23-04-2010, 05:15 PM
I got the impression the steel would be delivered early next month (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100416/good-weather-keeps-east-stand-on-track_2262950_2026701).

Very, very soon after we've played the jambos the pich is being ripped up.

IWasThere2016
23-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Heard the same, D :agree:

Baws! Doesnae work when there's already been a few :faf:s

Hibbyradge
23-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Baws! Doesnae work when there's already been a few :faf:s

It's true though. :agree: :agree: :agree:

The same guy told me that Hibs were seriously considering building a structure similar to the old East Stand instead of the taller version because of all the folk who have been mumping about the stadiim being half full.

Capacity would actually decreae to 16750 because of the widening of the pitch.

There's a definite chance of that being spot on, by the way.

I'm surprised your sources haven't kept you in the loop, G.

RoYO!
23-04-2010, 05:50 PM
I've heard that rumour doing the rounds but really can't see hibs skimping at the last minute and settling for second best.

Think a lot of these rumours are probably started by jealous neighbours.

Plus, do you reckon hibs would consult fans before this?

Dashing Bob S
23-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Heard that we were also demolishing the south stand and replacing it a towering 400,000 capacity structure, in order to accommodate visiting fans for derby games, thus increasing our revenue stream.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-04-2010, 05:56 PM
I got the impression the steel would be delivered early next month (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100416/good-weather-keeps-east-stand-on-track_2262950_2026701).

Any chance of getting some steel delivered for the midfield ares as well as the off field area?

Geo_1875
23-04-2010, 06:15 PM

But how will we know when they've finished ripping it up?

BroxburnHibee
23-04-2010, 06:30 PM
It's true though. :agree: :agree: :agree:

The same guy told me that Hibs were seriously considering building a structure similar to the old East Stand instead of the taller version because of all the folk who have been mumping about the stadiim being half full.

Capacity would actually decreae to 16750 because of the widening of the pitch.

There's a definite chance of that being spot on, by the way.

I'm surprised your sources haven't kept you in the loop, G.

I'm surprised at the state of your grammar :greengrin

Yuillsy
23-04-2010, 06:35 PM
I was in the ticket office renewing my ST on wednesday and the girl who was serving me told me the builders had informed Hibs that the new stand would be completed in time for the start of next season.

Hibbyradge
23-04-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm surprised at the state of your grammar :greengrin

:confused:

iwasthere1972
23-04-2010, 08:00 PM
I was in the ticket office renewing my ST on wednesday and the girl who was serving me told me the builders had informed Hibs that the new stand would be completed in time for the start of next season.

I heard that Hibs had paid the builders 50% up front and they haven't turned up for work since the last week of March. Petrie has tried the builder's mobile phone number at least half a dozen times daily but no reply. The latest news coming out of Easter Road is that Dominic Littlewood has met with Rodders and will attempt to find the :cb

Have to say things are not looking good. In fact the club will probably be contacting everyone who bought their "East Stand" bucket seats in an attempt to buy them back at a cut price.

:boo hoo:

NAE NOOKIE
23-04-2010, 08:51 PM
I had a worms eye view of the building of TESCO in Galashiels. Its on stilts with parking underneath and is probably a structure of about the same size as the East will be.

For months it was a hole in the ground with not a lot seeming to happen and then ' BINGO !!! suddenly it was up.

The laying of foundations and all that stuff seems to be about 50% of the time taken.

FWIW .... I for one would be delighted if Hibs changed their mind at the last minute and put up a 5000 capacity stand.

For the tiny number of times we will fill 16 odd thousand home support seats I would rather see a smaller, but still impressive stand which would not have the ground looking half empty most of the time.

Having said that, the ground will still look a billion times better when the new stand is up.

Ken
24-04-2010, 11:43 AM

I know for a fact that the building work will be going ahead as planned :agree:

100%

greenlex
24-04-2010, 12:06 PM

100%
source?

Ken
24-04-2010, 12:32 PM
source?
Someone high up in the club confirmed this at a meeting with me. The construction has a major non footballing distruption to me so this was guaranteed in writing to me after the meeting. If anything changes I will be one of the 1st to know.

HFC 0-7
24-04-2010, 05:10 PM
I had a worms eye view of the building of TESCO in Galashiels. Its on stilts with parking underneath and is probably a structure of about the same size as the East will be.

For months it was a hole in the ground with not a lot seeming to happen and then ' BINGO !!! suddenly it was up.

The laying of foundations and all that stuff seems to be about 50% of the time taken.

FWIW .... I for one would be delighted if Hibs changed their mind at the last minute and put up a 5000 capacity stand.

For the tiny number of times we will fill 16 odd thousand home support seats I would rather see a smaller, but still impressive stand which would not have the ground looking half empty most of the time.

Having said that, the ground will still look a billion times better when the new stand is up.

I dont want to hear about your sex life thank you!

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2010, 05:22 PM

100%

I have just come off the phone with a Hibs season ticket holder, and he tells me the old east stand is going back up.
And with a bit of TLC and a coat of paint, the thing should be ready for the start of the new season.

seanraff07
24-04-2010, 08:05 PM
I dont want to hear about your sex life thank you!

Joe's ice cream
24-04-2010, 08:13 PM

Out of all the pointless posts, this is right up there!! :yawn:

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Well I returned from holiday at 7am this morning(a wk which turned into 15 days :grr:)and pulled open my curtains to see if there had been any noticeable progress but there was no change. I then got to sleep at half 7 and was awoken at about 9(ideal after a 16 hr coach journey). It does literally feel like im living in the middle of a building site at the moment :boo hoo:

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2010, 08:51 AM

Not at all HIBS1368 its only fair coz I have heard about yours

:greengrin

Caroline Hibby
25-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Steel arriving around the end of the month. It's actually ahead of schedule. Calm down.:yawn:

Iain G
25-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Steel arriving around the end of the month. It's actually ahead of schedule. Calm down.:yawn:

Yeah yeah and the trams will finish on time and on budget :wink:

Getting out of the ground always takes ages, when the founds are complete the steel & concrete bleachers and stairs will fly up (well they might need a crane). :agree:

Gerard
25-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Out of all the pointless posts, this is right up there!! :yawn:

:wink::top marks