PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Kyle

down the slope
23-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Saw this in the express so don't shoot the messenger http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/170906/Hibs-and-Dons-tug-of-war-for-Kyle
I heard we were in for him at the last transfer window so maybe there is something in this, at least he never falls on his erchie as much as Nish !.

IWasThere2016
23-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Saw this in the express so don't shoot the messenger http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/170906/Hibs-and-Dons-tug-of-war-for-Kyle
I heard we were in for him at the last transfer window so maybe there is something in this, at least he never falls on his erchie as much as Nish !.

He clearly means business as it says Raymond Sparkes is his agent - that must be a very recent development

RCNG
23-04-2010, 09:54 AM
I don't usually post here but BBC this morning say We have joined Aberdeen in trying to sign Kevin Kyle! I Dunno about you guys but thats not what I want!

murray26
23-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Not for me either, he is injury prone and at the moment another front man as way down the pecking order.

Stevie Reid
23-04-2010, 09:58 AM
I did think when Billy Mehmet was linked with Hearts yesterday that it may mean Kyle was on his way to us, as hooking up again with JJ had seemed the most likely outcome.

I would be happy with this, big physical presence, decent scoring record in the SPL and has defensive qualities also. A pivotal type of player in both the passing game and plan B.

NOLA
23-04-2010, 10:00 AM
maybe just a smokescreen, so we get a clear run at Arfield?

Cocaine&Caviar
23-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Although not the most technically gifted, i think he is the sort of player that we need. A strong target man that can get goals. With Stokes leading the line alongside Nish there is no real physical presence or someone that reguarly and consistently holds the ball up, which IMO is one of the main reasons Riordan hasn't been able to get as advanced as he has in previous seasons when playing on the left.

Another name that fits the bill on this is O'Connor and obviously he would be the preferred choice, but may be out of our price range.

I think its pretty certain that we will be without Benji next year and there is a chance of some of Stokes, Riordan, Gow leaving, so another Striker coming in is likely.

One of the reasons for Utd's success is the balance in their team with a strong back four, a combative centre of midfield (Gomis and Bauben), pacey wingers that can get the ball in (Conway and Swanson), and a strong striker (Daly/Sandaza) and a player off him (Goodwillie/Cadamarteri).

On paper we arguably have the better individuals, but the balance they have is what has brought them success. If we were to have this balance, a strong target man striker would be a great help.

basehibby
23-04-2010, 10:07 AM
I think he'd make a great addition as an out and out target man type striker - would probably mean the departure of Nish and that would mean an improvement IMO as Nish has never played that role very convincingly.

On another note, it's interesting how the Express are already trying to flog our top two scorers for us when I haven't heard Hughes or Petrie give the slightest indication that either Stokes or Riordan will be up for sale.

MyJo
23-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Benji & Nish are the only strikers with any hint of physical presence in the squad and one is out of contract in the summer and the other is useless. Kyle might not be easy on the eye but he is strong, effective and has height and the ability to use it to his advantage. He also gives defenders a torrid time and will create space for striking partner(s)

Would be a good signing IMO with Nish being allowed to move on.

Holmesdale Hibs
23-04-2010, 10:28 AM
There is alot of uncertainty over our strikers at the moment and it makes sense to sign another as we will likely loose at least 1 over the summer.

Stokes to Celtic or Championship, Riordan to Germany or Championship, Benji not getting a game and out of contract etc etc

Kyle is decent enough and I'd be happy for him to replace Nish\Benji. Would have Stokes\Riordan in the team ahead of him though.

Brooster
23-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Kyle would be a great player for us, leading the line with Stokes feeding off him. He would also give us much need physical presence at set pieces. Mehmet has signed for the yams according to an agent friend of mine.

nickwhibs
23-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Although not the most technically gifted, i think he is the sort of player that we need. A strong target man that can get goals. With Stokes leading the line alongside Nish there is no real physical presence or someone that reguarly and consistently holds the ball up, which IMO is one of the main reasons Riordan hasn't been able to get as advanced as he has in previous seasons when playing on the left.

Another name that fits the bill on this is O'Connor and obviously he would be the preferred choice, but may be out of our price range.

I think its pretty certain that we will be without Benji next year and there is a chance of some of Stokes, Riordan, Gow leaving, so another Striker coming in is likely.

One of the reasons for Utd's success is the balance in their team with a strong back four, a combative centre of midfield (Gomis and Bauben), pacey wingers that can get the ball in (Conway and Swanson), and a strong striker (Daly/Sandaza) and a player off him (Goodwillie/Cadamarteri).

On paper we arguably have the better individuals, but the balance they have is what has brought them success. If we were to have this balance, a strong target man striker would be a great help.

:agree: Totally agree with that. Like you said he's not exactly a brilliant footballer but he would definately be of benefit to the team and the players around him. Would take the pressure off the likes of Deek and Stokes to lead the line. Think it would be similar to Brewster as helped out the likes of O'Connor and even made Stevie Crawford look good when at Dunfermline.

Leith Green
23-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Hope this is true, exactly the player we have lacked since we lost Killen.
I think the past few months have proved that physical presence is a must in the Scottish leagues, nothing wrong with having a physical presence in your side, coupled with good footballers in the right positions it can deliver succesfull teams that can also be good to watch ..

Could do with a big bruiser in the midfield as well...

HFC 0-7
23-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Not for me either, he is injury prone and at the moment another front man as way down the pecking order.

I think he would be a good signing. I think Nish will be on his way out, Benji possibly and Gow. With our severe lack of height and physical presence in the team, I think this would be quite a good signing

Sprouleflyer
23-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Yes please!

Stokes and Riordan could feed of him all day, much better target man than Nish.

K.Marx
23-04-2010, 10:52 AM
If we get him, and use him as a direct replacement for Nish I'll be happy :agree:

We obviously need to make sure we hold onto at least one of Deeks or Stokes so we've got somebody decent to feed off him.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-04-2010, 10:57 AM
we are desperate for two eff off in yer face midfielders, not another striker! :confused:

hibsbollah
23-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Great signing for a route one hoofball team. No thanks.

jacomo
23-04-2010, 11:01 AM

:agree:

down the slope
23-04-2010, 11:02 AM
It was good enough for Martin O'neil with Sutton and Hartson.

bighairyfaeleith
23-04-2010, 11:03 AM
why all the talk of riordan or stokes going but no mention of nish :grr:

Kyle is a ready made replacement for nish.

Craig_in_Prague
23-04-2010, 11:05 AM

Simple really,
nobody would want Nish, where as Stokes and Deeks are good for aroudn 20 goals a season.
Hibs is the highest level Nish has and will ever play at.

WindyMiller
23-04-2010, 11:06 AM

:agree:

sleeping giant
23-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Simple really,
nobody would want Nish, where as Stokes and Deeks are good for aroudn 20 goals a season.
Hibs is the highest level Nish has and will ever play at.

I can't see us keeping Nish and signing Kyle !

It will be one or tother.

WindyMiller
23-04-2010, 11:08 AM
we are desperate for two eff off in yer face midfielders, not another striker! :confused:

We'll not need mid-fielders, we'll just hoof it to KK.

Dr Jimmy
23-04-2010, 11:09 AM

Coz nobody wants him.....:dunno:

Cocaine&Caviar
23-04-2010, 11:11 AM

The team definitely needs a strong ariel outlet up top though, like we had with Killen a few years back, or O'Connor before that.

bighairyfaeleith
23-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Coz nobody wants him.....:dunno:

:greengrin yeah fair point

Leith Green
23-04-2010, 11:45 AM

Remind me please.
Did we play hoofball when we had Killen??

I'd much rather have somebody who will win headers and hold the ball up all day long, and feed a Stokes or the att midfielders, to say we will become a route one hoofball team is being very narrow minded.. Dont forget this guy is decent with the ball on the deck too as was Killen

Strange because you would think anyone who has watched Hibs this season would be able to tell exactly what we have lacked this season, physical preference, a plan b, a striker who can hold up the ball being three of them..

Craig_in_Prague
23-04-2010, 11:56 AM
The team definitely needs a strong ariel outlet up top though, like we had with Killen a few years back, or O'Connor before that.

We had Antone Courier as well,
and big Amadou Konte.
and Nelly Furtado.

We are just always blessed with decent, strong forwards.

houston1875
23-04-2010, 11:56 AM

dont think yogi would play direct fitba if we got Kyle? gives him a plan b yes,but sometimes maybe due to weather and dodgy pitches we have to play direct? could we not do with a striker who is a right good aerial threat?

plus a target man with two tidy wingers or two inside forwards,yes plz!!! he's a big laddie who could hold ball and bring others into the play in and around the box,midfielders etc?

ahibby
23-04-2010, 11:58 AM
I agree that Kyle would be a replacement for Nish if he comes, so Nish must be going maybe not immediately but I suspect Hughes would like to let him go as soon as he has a replacement like Kyle.

Gow might stay if either Riordan or Stokes go, which is probable. Benji will go so Byrne will feature more next season IMO. If both Riordan and Stokes go I'd expect another striker to come in as well as Kyle.

hibsbollah
23-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Remind me please.
Did we play hoofball when we had Killen??

I'd much rather have somebody who will win headers and hold the ball up all day long, and feed a Stokes or the att midfielders, to say we will become a route one hoofball team is being very narrow minded.. Dont forget this guy is decent with the ball on the deck too as was Killen

Strange because you would think anyone who has watched Hibs this season would be able to tell exactly what we have lacked this season, physical preference, a plan b, a striker who can hold up the ball being three of them..

Killen and Kyle are both well built, and their surnames begin with 'K'. I dont think theyve got much else in common.

houston1875
23-04-2010, 12:00 PM
I agree that Kyle would be a replacement for Nish if he comes, so Nish must be going maybe not immediately but I suspect Hughes would like to let him go as soon as he has a replacement like Kyle.

Gow might stay if either Riordan or Stokes go, which is probable. Benji will go so Byrne will feature more next season IMO. If both Riordan and Stokes go I'd expect another striker to come in as well as Kyle.

I'd keep Nish?

Cocaine&Caviar
23-04-2010, 12:02 PM

I would be seriously disgruntled if both were to go, one is acceptable.

Speedway
23-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Bring in Kyle and O'Connor, keep Stokes and Deek, lose Nish, Byrne and Benji, sign the Gowser and have the same net number of forwards as we started with.

That'll do for me.

bighairyfaeleith
23-04-2010, 12:08 PM
I'd keep Nish?

ok you keep him:greengrin

MB62
23-04-2010, 12:12 PM
I would rather we got John Sutton from Motherwell.

Speedway
23-04-2010, 12:23 PM
I would rather we got John Sutton from Motherwell.

I would rather we got John Sutcliffe from Prison Cell.

SalfordHibs
23-04-2010, 12:31 PM
You have got to be joking Kevin Kyle is murder, i would rather have Cillian Sherridan at Celtic which would include in the Stokes deal :wink:

Nish, Riordan (Sadly), Benji, and Gow will be out in the Strikers role.

Jamie Cureton is available.

Diclonius
23-04-2010, 12:37 PM
You have got to be joking Kevin Kyle is murder, i would rather have Cillian Sherridan at Celtic which would include in the Stokes deal :wink:

:bitchy: Since when did everyone think that Stokes was a cert to go?

All we've heard is a couple of unsourced rumours from a couple of Weegies who've come out with something like "mah mate's mate wha's a big Sellik fan suz he's definetely goin' tae Parkheed ken man, cuz he's Irish, an' the cause man an' aw that by the way."

Are we just all giving up, or something?

SalfordHibs
23-04-2010, 12:40 PM
:bitchy: Since when did everyone think that Stokes was a cert to go?

All we've heard is a couple of unsourced rumours from a couple of Weegies who've come out with something like "mah mate's mate wha's a big Sellik fan suz he's definetely goin' tae Parkheed ken man, cuz he's Irish, an' the cause man an' aw that by the way."

Are we just all giving up, or something?

If Lennon gets the manager's job Stokes is his no1 target, not saying Hibs will sell or anything.

Diclonius
23-04-2010, 12:41 PM
If Lennon gets the manager's job Stokes is his no1 target, not saying Hibs will sell or anything.

Says who?

houston1875
23-04-2010, 12:44 PM
ok you keep him:greengrin

im sure yogi will too?

SalfordHibs
23-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Says who?

Someone in the playing side at Parkhead.

houston1875
23-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Anybody know how many players yogi signed from the continent?

bighairyfaeleith
23-04-2010, 12:56 PM
im sure yogi will too?

I really hope not, nothing personal against nish but I think we need to get somebody better in if we are to push ahead next year

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2010, 12:59 PM

Which continent? He's signed a lot from Europe.

houston1875
23-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Which continent? He's signed a lot from Europe.

like who? am just asking,ah aint sure if he had signed players fae europe?

JimBHibees
23-04-2010, 01:06 PM

Which is good news as I have more chance of getting the Celtc job than Lennon. :greengrin

houston1875
23-04-2010, 01:07 PM
I really hope not, nothing personal against nish but I think we need to get somebody better in if we are to push ahead next year

we'll see,lotta rumours flying around,interesting to see starting line up come the new season,plus how much cash he'll have depends on who leaves i take it?

Cocaine&Caviar
23-04-2010, 01:11 PM

Dani Mallo turned out to be a very good signing for him at Falkirk, GK from Spain. Only played half a season but they were begging him to stay. There was talk of him coming here, and he might regret not doing this as hes only played a hand full of games for Girona.

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2010, 01:19 PM
like who? am just asking,ah aint sure if he had signed players fae europe?

Off the top of my head (for Hibs) - Stokes, Miller, Cregg, McBride, Stack, Brown, Smith. :wink:

Ritchie
23-04-2010, 01:20 PM
kyle is ten times better than nish.... id much rather him partnering stokes or deek upfront! :agree:

houston1875
23-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Off the top of my head (for Hibs) - Stokes, Miller, Cregg, McBride, Stack, Brown, Smith. :wink:

:rolleyes: bahahaha

houston1875
23-04-2010, 01:23 PM
kyle is ten times better than nish.... id much rather him partnering stokes or deek upfront! :agree:

again,how many times have we played 442 this season?

im sure sbody will hit me with this stat?

skipster7
23-04-2010, 01:26 PM
I would rather we got John Sutcliffe from Prison Cell.

WHO??

surely you mean peter:cool2:

he would certainly rip though defences:rolleyes:

Ritchie
23-04-2010, 01:29 PM
again,how many times have we played 442 this season?

im sure sbody will hit me with this stat?

not many at all... and that is why we are getting pumped all the time now!

yogi has to change his tactics next season or i can see it being a long season.

we need 2 strikers... .a target man (kyle) & another to play of him (stokes/riordan).

ian cruise
23-04-2010, 02:19 PM
wouldnt havent been one of my first (or second or third) choices but if he brings the form he had when he first signd for killie i wont mind. i'll certainly give him a chance as i agree a big strong striker is something that we have missed this season. i heard that the reason he, and killie, have so many problems with injury is the pitches they train on so hopefully that wouldnt be a problem if we was to sign for us.

as for gow as a striker, i thought he was signed to play out left mainly?

Speedway
23-04-2010, 02:30 PM
WHO??

surely you mean peter:cool2:

he would certainly rip though defences:rolleyes:

That's him, sorry I was thinking of John Williams from the Carry On Movies.

.Sean.
23-04-2010, 02:35 PM
I've never been too impressed by Kyle when i've seen him. Bit of a donkey really. The suggestion that he would replace Riordan is quite simply laughable.

Cocaine&Caviar
23-04-2010, 02:39 PM
I've never been too impressed by Kyle when i've seen him. Bit of a donkey really. The suggestion that he would replace Riordan is quite simply laughable.

They are completely different kinds of player, if the current system was kept, it would be Nish that is replaced; but if we went 442 I think Riordan would be battling with Stokes to play alongside him for the benefit of the team as a whole with a conventional winger on the left.

essexhibee
23-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Donkey! No better than nish and hes useless. :bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

I hope riordan and stokes dont go, we are ****ed if they do.

essexhibee
23-04-2010, 04:07 PM
This is the most promising news to come from this story :wink:
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_not_interested_in_kevin_kyle_521750/index.shtml (http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_not_interested_in_kevin_kyle_521750/index.shtml)

John Hughes :

That is news to me, it’s pure speculation.”

IMO anyway... :greengrin

Eaststand
23-04-2010, 04:18 PM
I reckon KK would be a cracking signing for us and he'd defo give us the direct route option that even the best teams go for at times. KK would score a few, and is more than capable of dragging opposition defenders all over the place, and that would mean lots of space for the supporting midfielders too

GGTTH

vahibbie
23-04-2010, 04:46 PM
It was good enough for Martin O'neil with Sutton and Hartson.

Alas Kyle is nowhere near a Sutton or Hartson.
I fear mindless hoofball on the agenda, and second rate hoofball at that:bitchy:

Edinburgh Green
23-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Alas Kyle is nowhere near a Sutton or Hartson.
I fear mindless hoofball on the agenda, and second rate hoofball at that:bitchy:

Why does a powerful forward have to equal hoofball?

KeithTheHibby
23-04-2010, 05:51 PM

I would rather have Tommy Sheridan thank you very much.

The Harp
23-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Was quite pleased when he was linked wi' a move to the Yams a wee while ago 'cos I dont rate him at all. Certainly hope he's not at ER next season.

Cocaine&Caviar
23-04-2010, 06:01 PM
You have got to be joking Kevin Kyle is murder, i would rather have Cillian Sherridan.

What are you basing this on? The 5 or 6 games he has done well for Saints? In the first half of the season he was terrible at Plymouth and got sent packing. Kyle has proved his ability over a much longer period of time, especially in the SPL. He is also in double figures for Scotland.

Cropley10
23-04-2010, 06:01 PM
I reckon KK would be a cracking signing for us and he'd defo give us the direct route option that even the best teams go for at times. KK would score a few, and is more than capable of dragging opposition defenders all over the place, and that would mean lots of space for the supporting midfielders too

GGTTH

Do you reckon he's better than Billy Mehmet??

CRAZYHIBBY
23-04-2010, 06:18 PM
:greengrin "It is likely that Hibs will be able to offer more of a basic wage than their SPL rivals" and may also be able to offer European football. :greengrin

Eaststand
23-04-2010, 08:06 PM

Mehmet looks quite a handy player too, as does Sutton but I'd prefer to have KK wearing green cos I reckon he's got more in his game and has impressed when I've seen him playing....but there's a few decent players out there and the reason managers get paid decent salaries is cos they've got to find them, sign them, then blend them into something that works as a team...easy eh :wink:

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
23-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Kevin kyle is nowhere near Hibs class. He doesn't even have his own website. He's also under 9 foot which is the minimum requirement for any additions to the Hibs squad as everyone know height=quality.

KK would be a decent signing. Not one to get overly excited aboiut but a steady player and i would certianly rather he came to us than ended up at Aberdeen or the yams.

Sir David Gray
23-04-2010, 09:06 PM
What are you basing this on? The 5 or 6 games he has done well for Saints? In the first half of the season he was terrible at Plymouth and got sent packing. Kyle has proved his ability over a much longer period of time, especially in the SPL. He is also in double figures for Scotland.

Kevin Kyle in the SPL;

Games-39
Goals-15

Cillian Sheridan in the SPL;

Games-40
Goals-12

There is practically nothing between their records as SPL players but the one thing on Sheridan's side is that he has eight years on Kyle so he has plenty of time to improve.

ian cruise
23-04-2010, 09:18 PM

i'd say definetly so but neither of them are particularly great. id much prefer kyle.

but ideally i'd take o'conner :agree:

shagpile
23-04-2010, 09:27 PM

It doesn't have to be the case. Kyle has a half decent first touch, holds the ball up well & scores goals.

Cocaine&Caviar
23-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Kevin Kyle in the SPL;

Games-39
Goals-15

Cillian Sheridan in the SPL;

Games-40
Goals-12

There is practically nothing between their records as SPL players but the one thing on Sheridan's side is that he has eight years on Kyle so he has plenty of time to improve.

Fair do's with the stats, forgot all about Sheridan's time at Motherwell.

As for the ages, I think the Target man striker we need is a position where we should be looking for an established player with a good deal of experience. We have a lot of youth guys coming through, and could be in for the likes of Arfield in the summer, so experienced heads will be needed, especially considering Stokes is still very young.

Jones28
23-04-2010, 11:39 PM
We had Antone Courier as well,
and big Amadou Konte.
and Nelly Furtado.

We are just always blessed with decent, strong forwards.

Konte was an excpetion, but Courier has gone on to be a decent SPL centre forward, far better then Nish and even Benji IMHO :agree:

Toaods
24-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Someone in the playing side at Parkhead.

:faf:...they don't even know if they will be at Parkhead next season...:bye:

vahibbie
24-04-2010, 12:15 AM

It doesn't and it shouldn't.
Unfortunately we have played quite a bit of it this season, and last, without a powerful forward. Why change when we get one:confused:

Anyway, Kyle is no that good. Hope there is more to rumours that Gags might be back.

Cropley10
24-04-2010, 08:48 AM
It doesn't and it shouldn't.
Unfortunately we have played quite a bit of it this season, and last, without a powerful forward. Why change when we get one:confused:

Anyway, Kyle is no that good. Hope there is more to rumours that Gags might be back.

His wages might be a problem I'd suggest - looking for £4k-£5k per week...

Andy74
24-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Kyle would be a good signing, more mobile than nish and good in the air. It would be great if we could be a threat from crosses and set pieces again. A good physical striker doesn't mean hoofball at all!

.Sean.
24-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Kevin kyle is nowhere near Hibs class. He doesn't even have his own website. He's also under 9 foot which is the minimum requirement for any additions to the Hibs squad as everyone know height=quality.

KK would be a decent signing. Not one to get overly excited aboiut but a steady player and i would certianly rather he came to us than ended up at Aberdeen or the yams.

Conradict yourself a wee bit there, no?

MyJo
24-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Conradict yourself a wee bit there, no?

wooooooooooooooooosh!

crash
24-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Kyle would be a good signing, more mobile than nish and good in the air. It would be great if we could be a threat from crosses and set pieces again. A good physical striker doesn't mean hoofball at all!

With Hughes in charge,yes it does.

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2010, 11:15 AM

Aye cause hughes is renowned for his teams playing hoofball.:bitchy:

Andy74
24-04-2010, 11:22 AM

There are plenty things to moan about without making stuff up!

crash
24-04-2010, 11:57 AM
There are plenty things to moan about without making stuff up!

Not making anything up. Ball gets played across the back line between defenders who eventually get closed down, then hoof. Are you telling me you cant see that:confused:

sesoim
24-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Benji & Nish are the only strikers with any hint of physical presence in the squad and one is out of contract in the summer and the other is useless. Kyle might not be easy on the eye but he is strong, effective and has height and the ability to use it to his advantage. He also gives defenders a torrid time and will create space for striking partner(s)

Would be a good signing IMO with Nish being allowed to move on.

:agree: Kyle isn't perfect and he does get injured a lot, but if we can get him on decent wages I would consider signing him and offload Nish and Benji to pay towards his wages.

Our midfield has struggled to score but with a good target man holding the ball up, the likes of Zemmama, Miller and Murray (if he is moved into midfield like he should be) could all knock a few in next season. Riordan would probably benefit as well from having a decent target to cross to.

sesoim
24-04-2010, 02:10 PM
His wages might be a problem I'd suggest - looking for £4k-£5k per week...

Is he not on a bout £20k a week at Birmingham? If so, that's a big drop which I don't think he'd accept. Having said that, I think Hibs would be willing to pay £5k a week if we bring some money in in the summer, ie sell Stokes for £2M+. I'd rather have Stokes than O'Connor, but Riordan would maybe play better with him back.

Hibernian Verse
24-04-2010, 02:44 PM
:agree: Kyle isn't perfect and he does get injured a lot, but if we can get him on decent wages I would consider signing him and offload Nish and Benji to pay towards his wages.

Our midfield has struggled to score but with a good target man holding the ball up, the likes of Zemmama, Miller and Murray (if he is moved into midfield like he should be) could all knock a few in next season. Riordan would probably benefit as well from having a decent target to cross to.

What would you consider as decent wages?

...and what do people think would be acceptable for Kyle?

ScottB
24-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Mistake if you ask me, people will be moaning about him like they do about Nish within a few months of him getting here and from his time at Killie he seems to be a bit of a troublemaker in the dressing room.

I'd stay clear myself.

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Mistake if you ask me, people will be moaning about him like they do about Nish within a few months of him getting here and from his time at Killie he seems to be a bit of a troublemaker in the dressing room.

I'd stay clear myself.

Why do you say that?

Dashing Bob S
24-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Why do you say that?

Apparently there was an incident at Kilmarnock where he once bit Gary Locke's tongue in the dressing room.

In his defence he claims he was trying to lick Fat Jim's arse at the time.

Long suffering
24-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Id take him. especially if it meant nish was punted, yet sadly i feel it would probs mean stokes and or deeek leaving

Cocaine&Caviar
24-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Off topic, but should we lose Riordan, the limited highlights ive seen from Griffiths have impressed me and he would be a good fit with the club IMO.

Sumner
24-04-2010, 09:10 PM
he will be in if Riordan and Nish are out.

Hibernian Verse
24-04-2010, 10:22 PM
he will be in if Riordan and Nish are out.

Doubt it now. Unless you're talking about Griffiths.

Diclonius
24-04-2010, 10:59 PM
:grr:

ScottB
25-04-2010, 01:39 AM
Why do you say that?

That whole episode between him, Fat Jim and the Chairman, then his disappearing off to Russia without telling Calderwood.

Mainly I'm just not convinced he would be any better than Nish despite probably costing more.

Caroline Hibby
25-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Neighbour (Kille fan) met Kyle in airport in Germany coming back from Russia. All stories about Calderwood in the dark about trial in Russia true. Kyle said he is carrying an injury (hernia type) and doesn't train. Killie won't put him through an op before the end of the season.

jdships
25-04-2010, 09:14 AM
That whole episode between him, Fat Jim and the Chairman, then his disappearing off to Russia without telling Calderwood.

Mainly I'm just not convinced he would be any better than Nish despite probably costing more.

:thumbsup:
Cannot see what he would bring to this side that we do not already have available :agree:

Hibernian Verse
25-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Neighbour (Kille fan) met Kyle in airport in Germany coming back from Russia. All stories about Calderwood in the dark about trial in Russia true. Kyle said he is carrying an injury (hernia type) and doesn't train. Killie won't put him through an op before the end of the season.

All true.

sesoim
25-04-2010, 03:43 PM
What would you consider as decent wages?

...and what do people think would be acceptable for Kyle?

Maybe £3k a week plus add ons for wins & goals. Kyle was on a lot more than that at Sunderland but I doubt he's getting much more than £1k at Killie, so £3k+ might be enough to get him to ER.

KWJ
25-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Personally I think he's pish. Would rather have Nish before him. Would even more prefer somebody else though.

Hibernian Verse
25-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Maybe £3k a week plus add ons for wins & goals. Kyle was on a lot more than that at Sunderland but I doubt he's getting much more than £1k at Killie, so £3k+ might be enough to get him to ER.

You're a very VERY good guesser :wink: