PDA

View Full Version : Mixu in Bulgaria

johnrebus
23-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Chatted to Mixu on Tuesday as we waited at Brussels Eurostar check-in.

He had spent five days travelling back from Bulgaria - on his own without any family. Would not say why, but my guess would be job interview...........?

During our conversation he pointed out that his team mates were raging when they switched off and let Hearts get there second goal in the 6-2 game.....,

Whatever anybody thinks about his time in the hotseat, the guy is still a Hibs legend and an absolute gentleman.

:agree:

jacomo
23-04-2010, 09:46 AM

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-04-2010, 09:48 AM

He had spent five days travelling back from Bulgaria - on his own without any family. Would not say why, but my guess would be job interview...........?

During our conversation he pointed out that his team mates were raging when they switched off and let Hearts get there second goal in the 6-2 game.....,

Whatever anybody thinks about his time in the hotseat, the guy is still a Hibs legend and an absolute gentleman.

:agree::top marksSome of the personal abuse was well out of order.

Holmesdale Hibs
23-04-2010, 10:21 AM

:agree: A real shame it didn't work out for him as boss. Good luck for the future.

blackpoolhibs
23-04-2010, 02:04 PM
I wonder if his team mates were raging with him, when he missed that penalty trying to be clever against the yams, in the last minute?

JimBHibees
23-04-2010, 02:09 PM
I wonder if his team mates were raging with him, when he missed that penalty trying to be clever against the yams, in the last minute?

Good point dreadful pen.

Phil D. Rolls
23-04-2010, 05:26 PM

I have always regretted the fact that they switched off and didn't get that elusive number 7. I put some of the blame on McLeish, he more or less told them to ease off when he stuck Earl Jean on. Or am I imagining that, tbh, it was all a blur that night.

I too have heard Mixu is a really nice guy, and I'm sorry it didn't work out for him as boss.

givescotlandfreedom
23-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Hopefully he'll get a job soon it's a shame the way things worked out. Whilst he wasn't the man for the job I was sad for the way it went for him.

Pretty Boy
23-04-2010, 07:38 PM

I'm pretty sure they where. Although why there was a need for such a pointless dig at Mixu i'm not sure.

Back on topic for all Mixus faults as manager, and they were many, i am convinced his heart was in the right place. The same way i'm convnced Yogi has his heart in the right place despite his faults.

Mixu as a player was fantastic for us. Helped us stroll back into the SPL, helped cement our place there and then went on to play a key role in the best Hibs team for many years.

As i say he was a bit of a flop as manager but as a player and in general as a servant to the club he was top notch. Some of the personal abuse directed at him was completely unnecessary and obviosuly came from people with very short memories.

lapsedhibee
23-04-2010, 08:10 PM
During our conversation he pointed out that his team mates were raging when they switched off and let Hearts get there second goal in the 6-2 game

What game was that? :confused:

heretoday
23-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Mixu is a Hibee legend for sure.