PDA

View Full Version : Arfield

Frogga
22-04-2010, 08:47 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6109113,00.html

Think he would be a good addition to the team, especially if Riordan leaves and Hughes continues to refuse to play Galbraith.

HibbyDave
22-04-2010, 08:51 PM
I think if we keep signing players from a team like Falkirk then we become a team like Falkirk.......Fighting relegation year in and year out.

Bob Box Fish
22-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Is he a centre mid? He's no another midget ?

bingo70
22-04-2010, 08:53 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6109113,00.html (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6109113,00.html)

Think he would be a good addition to the team, especially if Riordan leaves and Hughes continues to refuse to play Galbraith.

Is the dig about Hughes not playing Galbraith necessary? Arfield and him are completely different positions.

IMO he'd be an excellent signing, if we were in a position to give them a few hundred grand and someone like stevenson or rankin as a makeweight then that'd be great value.

Don't think hearts are in a position to pay any transfer fees so can't see them getting him

Hibernia Na Eir
22-04-2010, 08:56 PM
no doubt Romanov will be able to splash more then us, so ta ta SA.

Franck is God
22-04-2010, 08:56 PM
strong midfielder with a nice touch, good movement and a bit of dig when needed, exactly the kind of player we need for our team.

MyJo
22-04-2010, 08:57 PM
I think if we keep signing players from a team like Falkirk then we become a team like Falkirk.......Fighting relegation year in and year out.

We've signed two players from Falkirk......we've also signed two players from Celtic does that mean we're gonna become a team like Celtic challenging for the title every season :dunno:

utter pish :yawn:

Wotherspiniesta
22-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Why is it every time we are linked with a decent player, Hearts are after him aswell? Can't they find their own f****** players?

Tramps.

MyJo
22-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Why is it every time we are linked with a decent player, Hearts are after him aswell? Can't they find their own f****** players?

Tramps.

They cannae afford scouts :greengrin

HibeeMcGinn1
22-04-2010, 09:00 PM

:top marks:top marks:top marks

Wotherspiniesta
22-04-2010, 09:02 PM

Scouts?

They couldn't afford cubs!

brydekirk
22-04-2010, 09:03 PM
we could well do with him. anybody notice a slight resemblance in the photo, yogi. :agree:

matty_f
22-04-2010, 09:46 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6109113,00.html

He's been playing Galbraith.:confused:

Is the dig about Hughes not playing Galbraith necessary? Arfield and him are completely different positions.

IMO he'd be an excellent signing, if we were in a position to give them a few hundred grand and someone like stevenson or rankin as a makeweight then that'd be great value.

Don't think hearts are in a position to pay any transfer fees so can't see them getting him

If the Yams want to stop us getting him, they'll find a way to pay for it. We're their benchmark, and they'll do whatever they can to make it look like they're bigger. It's all they have.

We've signed two players from Falkirk......we've also signed two players from Celtic does that mean we're gonna become a team like Celtic challenging for the title every season :dunno:

:top marks

Tramps.

It's because they use us as their yardstick for everything these days. Since they realised that the talk of splitting the OF and getting Champions League football and World Cup stars was all pish, just finishing near us is considered a successful season for them.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-04-2010, 10:22 PM

Tramps.

Green cheese :agree:

Diclonius
22-04-2010, 10:23 PM

Tramps.

Because Romanov is a pathetic little appeaser.

Yogi - you better not go in for a striker this close season.

Toaods
22-04-2010, 10:26 PM
nothing more than a slightly more cultured Lewis Stevenson.

I certainly wouldn't be inclined to spend much on the kid, even more so if Romanov is going to get involved in an obvious attempt to spike the price up because Yogi will want him.

hibeemad
22-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Scott Arfield

thats what i call ambition (not)

RickyS
22-04-2010, 11:12 PM
we could well do with him. anybody notice a slight resemblance in the photo, yogi. :agree:

****in hell, now you mention it!
nah come to think of it, his first touch is too good for him to be Yogi's love child:greengrin

Bayern Bru
23-04-2010, 12:28 AM
Scott Arfield

thats what i call ambition (not)

Sometimes it's not about ambitious signings and rather what's best for the team and what fits. For you, who would be an ambitious signing?

I mean, I'm sure most Hibs fans wouldn't mind a player like Lionel Messi at ER and whilst that's undoubtedly an ambitious signing, it's slightly outwith our wage structure and, well, budget. :greengrin

Toaods
23-04-2010, 12:49 AM
I mean, I'm sure most Hibs fans wouldn't mind a player like Lionel Messi at ER and whilst that's undoubtedly an ambitious signing, it's slightly outwith our wage structure and, well, budget. :greengrin

...as will be Arfield :greengrin

matty_f
23-04-2010, 01:07 AM
Sometimes it's not about ambitious signings and rather what's best for the team and what fits. For you, who would be an ambitious signing?

...and he's too small.:greengrin

Bayern Bru
23-04-2010, 01:09 AM
...as will be Arfield :greengrin

Nonsense! After the sales of Riordan, Bamba, Zemmama, Stokes and anyone else who Yogi fancies getting rid of, there'll be plenty cash to throw about! :greengrin

...and he's too small.:greengrin

He's 5"10. A veritable giant compared to our current midfield! :greengrin

And as for Messi... :wink:

Diclonius
23-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Arfield would be an excellent signing. The guy has bags of talent. Wasn't he being linked with Man Utd and Chelsea a couple seasons ago? For a player outside of Hearts, that's pretty impressive.

Steve20
23-04-2010, 06:14 AM
I think he is heading to Hearts.

DarlingtonHibee
23-04-2010, 06:20 AM
no doubt Romanov will be able to splash more then us, so ta ta SA.

If it is simply money, then an English Division one club will pay more than Heart's or Hibs....

brydekirk
23-04-2010, 06:25 AM
I think he is heading to Hearts.
the yams are to put in another bid for Craig Bryson, they also want Kyle. i would be very suprized if they can afford anymore.

Green_one
23-04-2010, 07:34 AM
I doubt Hearts will be splashing wages about. JJ was saying this himself. That means Kyle is a possible but not Arfield.

However it is Hearts, so anything crazy is possible.

Delboy4
23-04-2010, 07:40 AM
I was told at the weekend by his mate that Hibs were wanting to sign him.

His mate was slagging him that he would be playing in the First division next season and he laughed and said "No way" as Hibs were in talks with him over a contract.

Put it this way, he'll not be at Falkirk, he's off to either Hibs or poss someone down south.

stubru59
23-04-2010, 07:40 AM
Not convinced he adds much more than what we've got.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-04-2010, 07:53 AM

Yeah.....next, we will start playing in a three-sided ground.

brog
23-04-2010, 08:37 AM

If that's the case then Dundee Utd should be fighting relegation because their current team features players signed from Berwick, Cowdenbeath & Ayr United. A good player is a good player regardless of the team he's currently with. I would love to see us signing & developing players from lower leagues, we used to do this regularly & I guess Eric Schaedler would be an outstanding example.

JimBHibees
23-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Arfield would be an excellent signing for Hibs.

Cocaine&Caviar
23-04-2010, 09:08 AM
If we were to lose Miller in the next 18 months, which i can see happening, Arfield would be a perfect player to have learning from him in the mean time, and then replace him once he goes.

HibbyDave
23-04-2010, 09:35 AM

The clue was in the phrase "if we KEEP ON signing ".

To answer your point I would rather we signed players from a team like Celtic than Falkirk because we just might become a team challenging for the league.

Opinions Eh?

Maybe it's just Yogi trying to surround himself with players who actually think he has skill as a Psychologist/motivator etc etc rather than players who can see him as a rookie manager having his first ever season in the top six?

Craig_in_Prague
23-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Haven't seen a lot of him, but seems to float in and out of games, although he does seem to try like f*** and also a good link from midfield to front... can pick a pass, can get in the box & get some goals.
Reckon he's got a good mentality ("winner") - So might bring a bit fight and energy into the team, and hopefully spell the end for the likes of Rankin in the team.

Or, he could be rather colin nish and becomes just another diddy to wear the green & gets bashed on here all the time :greengrin

MyJo
23-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Not convinced he adds much more than what we've got.

I would say he is a far better option than Rankin and Stevenson, plus he is right sided which would help balance the team up a bit better because the midfield is full of lefties.

murray26
23-04-2010, 10:05 AM
I've been impressed with him any time i've watched, a move to a bigger club could get the best out of him, i wouldn't pay anymore than 400k though.

Cocaine&Caviar
23-04-2010, 10:12 AM
I would say he is a far better option than Rankin and Stevenson, plus he is right sided which would help balance the team up a bit better because the midfield is full of lefties.

None of Riordan, McBride, Miller or Zemmama are right footed? Which has been our midfield for the majority of the season?

RIP
23-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Steven Pressley is the manager of Falkirk

Jim Jeffries is the manager of Hearts

Darren Barr is the current captain of Falkirk and tipped to be the captain of Hearts next season

If it comes to Hibs v Hearts - However much Petrie offers, Romanov will pay more - just to see us off and appease the fans

Is it just me that expects this to be the way the cookie crumbles?

FRes Hibbie
23-04-2010, 11:22 AM

Darren Barr is the current captain of Falkirk and tipped to be the captain of Hearts next season

If it comes to Hibs v Hearts - However much Petrie offers, Romanov will pay more - just to see us off and appease the fans

I forgot how Romanov and Pressley were best buds these days...:wink:

RIP
23-04-2010, 02:09 PM

I forgot how Romanov and Pressley were best buds these days...:wink:

Mibbies no - but Jeffries signed Pressley, there are close buddies

dangermouse
23-04-2010, 02:27 PM
None of Riordan, McBride, Miller or Zemmama are right footed? Which has been our midfield for the majority of the season?

I thought Riordan was right footed but due to an injury began practising with his left hence he is now equally gifted with either foot.

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2010, 02:31 PM

You've missed Rankin out. Stevenson's probably played more games than Zemamma as well.

Cocaine&Caviar
23-04-2010, 02:34 PM
I thought Riordan was right footed but due to an injury began practising with his left hence he is now equally gifted with either foot.

Although very strong on his left, he'll always be a right footed left sided player.

You've missed Rankin out. Stevenson's probably played more games than Zemamma as well.

Yes Rankin and Stevenson are both left footed, but I dont agree that these two are first XI players and have only come in due to injuries. I would also imagine that Stevenson has played more games at LB than any other.

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Yes Rankin and Stevenson are both left footed, but I dont agree that these two are first XI players and have only come in due to injuries. I would also imagine that Stevenson has played more games at LB than any other.

Rankin's got to be classed as a 1st XI player based on the number of games he's started!

Cocaine&Caviar
23-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Rankin's got to be classed as a 1st XI player based on the number of games he's started!

That is arguable yeh due to Zemmama's injury and tactical selections. However, I would hardly call one player a midfield full of lefties.

Eaststand
23-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Arfield would be an excellent signing for Hibs.

Anytime I've seen SA playing against us, or from highlights on Zittelli against other teams, he's played well, knows what he's doing and he's played lots of games in the ess pee ell learning the game, so he's streetwise enough to make me think he'd be an excellent signing for us

GGTTH

Allant1981
23-04-2010, 05:21 PM
I honestly dont think he is any better than what we have, granted the only time ive seen him has been against us and he hasnt exactly set the heather on fire those times. Hopefully if we do sign him then he turns out to be a good signing but i cant see him coming to ER anyway

Cropley10
23-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Arfield isn't good enough. Kyle isn't good enough.:yawn:

Honestly this board sometimes:rolleyes:

Anyone who is 'good enough' wouldn't sign for Hibs surely as they could get more elsewhere?

BOTH of these guys would be an IMPROVEMENT on our current squad.

A quick glance over the road tells you all you need to know - you only need to sign the best players from the worst teams. The OF have been doing it for 100+ years FFS!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Arfield isn't good enough. Kyle isn't good enough.:yawn:

Honestly this board sometimes:rolleyes:

Anyone who is 'good enough' wouldn't sign for Hibs surely as they could get more elsewhere?

BOTH of these guys would be an IMPROVEMENT on our current squad.

A quick glance over the road tells you all you need to know - you only need to sign the best players from the worst teams. The OF have been doing it for 100+ years FFS!

Hard to argue against that arguement! :greengrin