PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) Danny Wilson

scotcha
22-04-2010, 06:57 AM
I have just seen on BBC that Liverpool are chasing Rangers 8m rated player, Danny Wilson :bitchy:

Can anyone tell me why Danny Wilson is rated as 8m?????

Typical old firm nonsense just like the new scottish Wayne Rooney, John Fleck, who was also worth millions!!!!

Marty-Hibee
22-04-2010, 07:04 AM
If hes worth 8 million then the photo of us in nursery should fetch a pretty penny! But seriously, hes gonna be a good player, but 8 mill is rediculous

marinello59
22-04-2010, 07:11 AM
Were Rangers not already offered a couple of million for him before he made any first team appearances? The madness of football economics never ceases to amaze.

TornadoHibby
22-04-2010, 07:14 AM
Were Rangers not already offered a couple of million for him before he made any first team appearances? The madness of football economics never ceases to amaze.

Paul Hanlon will be a better player than Wislon IMO although Wilson is decent! :agree:

I'm actually not sure just how many of our fans realise just how good Hanlon could be as a central defender! :confused:

If he stays free from serious injury I can see him really getting to the top, playing for a top 6 EPL team in a few years time! :agree:

JackRegan
22-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Rangers are skint, so the laptop loyal hype up their players in order to help their favourite team out.

See: Boumsong, Jean Allen, and Hutton, Alan. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Isn't he rated at 8 million so that Rangers can cash in and then buy David Goodwillie, that for some reason they rate at about 750K despite the fact that they lashed out more than 3 million on Kyle Lafferty.

Hainan Hibs
22-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Rangers are skint, so the laptop loyal hype up their players in order to help their favourite team out.

See: Boumsong, Jean Allen, and Hutton, Alan. :agree:

:faf:

Jack
22-04-2010, 08:23 AM
He could sign a pre contract in January.

Toaods
22-04-2010, 08:30 AM
If I was Wilson, I'd go to Liverpool....proabably become a first team regular with the likes of Kyrgiakos a regular starter currently.

Aldo
22-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Not even a full international and they are quoting 8 million. Wot is Bamba worth then. I have a funny feeling the the OF will be scurring about after the WC trying to scrape together a million and put that on the table for him.

??????

steve75
22-04-2010, 10:12 AM
8mill? So if Bamba plays well at the WC, thinking about 20mill? and must get around 13mil for Stokes?

bob12345
22-04-2010, 10:36 AM
A figure has clearly been made up by a journo.

Westie1875
22-04-2010, 10:55 AM
He could sign a pre contract in January.

Excellent, would be good to see them lose him for nothing. :greengrin

Oscar Lomax
22-04-2010, 11:59 AM
8mill? So if Bamba plays well at the WC, thinking about 20mill? and must get around 13mil for Stokes?

:grr: Jesus, will this ever cease !

Wilson is not worth 8 million but he is by far and above the standard Bamba will ever be, what player do you guy's watch. This is unbelievable.

Oscar Lomax
22-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Paul Hanlon will be a better player than Wislon IMO although Wilson is decent! :agree:

I'm actually not sure just how many of our fans realise just how good Hanlon could be as a central defender! :confused:

If he stays free from serious injury I can see him really getting to the top, playing for a top 6 EPL team in a few years time! :agree:

Great post mate.....agree 100%.
Hanlon will be the best defender we have produced in years. Hopefully he get's the right coaching and advice over the next few seasons.

DH1875
22-04-2010, 12:03 PM
I herd Liverpool are looking to sign him and the loan him back to rangers. A great bit of business if they can get away with it. Does make you think though, £8 million for Bamba anyone.

IWasThere2016
22-04-2010, 12:06 PM
I'd have thought the Huns would sell Boughera (sp) - and have Wilson alongside Webster.

That said £8m (:bitchy:) is more than they'd get for Boughera (sp)

steve75
22-04-2010, 12:06 PM

Wilson is not worth 8 million but he is by far and above the standard Bamba will ever be, what player do you guy's watch. This is unbelievable.

see the nice big IF?

any guy playing well at WC level is worth more than someone cutting it in the SPL, especialy since he's still young, regardless of your opinion on the player.

All too ofter people forget how young all our center halfs are, Wilson has Weir next to him, his experience counts for alot.

Also I agree with others, Hanlon is one hell of a prospect, defferent player to when playing LB.

Westie1875
22-04-2010, 12:08 PM

Based on what evidence?

He has only played a handful of games for the huns and unless you are one of them and have watched the full 90 minutes of every game he has played in then you haven't seen enough to have made that judgement.

Frogga
22-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Was Hanlon not linked with Liverpool a few years ago...?:confused:

patlowe
22-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Great post mate.....agree 100%.
Hanlon will be the best defender we have produced in years. Hopefully he get's the right coaching and advice over the next few seasons.

Shouldn't be too difficult, it has to be said!

Oscar Lomax
22-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Based on what evidence?

He has only played a handful of games for the huns and unless you are one of them and have watched the full 90 minutes of every game he has played in then you haven't seen enough to have made that judgement.

Id like to think after thirty years of watching football I can tell a decent footballer when I see one !
Wilson looks classy. Good on the ball, good passer, good in the air and can do the dirty stuff when necessary.
Bamba on the other hand looks clumsy. Uncomfortable on the ball, poor passer, poor in the air for size (he is all shoulders) and cant clear his lines when required !
I know who Id rather have in the Hibs team !!!

HibeeDaz6270
22-04-2010, 02:10 PM

No he wont. Top teams are chasing this young lad for a reason.

I believe Hanlon will go on to be a good defender, However to say he will be better than Danny Wilson, a lad who is wanted by the best teams in Britain is a bit over the top i would say. Why are these teams not looking at Hanlon? Wilson is very highly thought of, and could become a fantastic defender playing at the highest level.

Mon Dieu4
22-04-2010, 02:15 PM

I believe Hanlon will go on to be a good defender, However to say he will be better than Danny Wilson, a lad who is wanted by the best teams in Britain is a bit over the top i would say. Why are these teams not looking at Hanlon? Wilson is very highly thought of, and could become a fantastic defender playing at the highest level.

Hanlon HAS been scouted by Liverpool numerous times

HibeeDaz6270
22-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Hanlon HAS been scouted by Liverpool numerous times

And are they ready to put in an offer to sign him like they are with Wilson. Hanlon has been watched by Liverpool, and thats all that has come of it. Now Rangers have already turned down offers for Wilson before he even made his 1st team appearance. Not only are Liverpool looking at him, but the top teams in England are too, Chelsea, Man United, Tottenham etc have all watched him.

Now i have no doubt Hanlon has the potential to be a good defender, however for someone to say at this time he will be better than Wilson, i dont see where they are getting this from. What evidence do they have of this? Apart from being biased because they support Hibs? Danny Wilson is very highly rated, more so than Hanlon! And i think Danny Wilson will go on to be not only a better player than hanlon, but 1 of the best defenders in britain.

Edinburgh Green
22-04-2010, 02:25 PM

Old firm youngsters have been linked with bigger teams for as long as I can remember, very few of them go onto bigger things, guys like burchill, the Scottish Michael Owen.

McD
22-04-2010, 02:28 PM

8m??? And this after the daily ranger claimed rangers are after goodwillie of dundee utd for 750k, and macarthur of hamilton for 500k. Yeah that is the same macarthur who is being heavily tipped for a 2m+ move to wigan or stoke this summer! Coz of course hamilton will be happy to accept less than 25% of fee just so that skint rangers can sign him.

The OF's sheer arrogance knows no bounds :bitchy:

Oscar Lomax
22-04-2010, 02:28 PM

:agree:

Mon Dieu4
22-04-2010, 02:29 PM
And are they ready to put in an offer to sign him like they are with Wilson. Hanlon has been watched by Liverpool, and thats all that has come of it. Now Rangers have already turned down offers for Wilson before he even made his 1st team appearance. Not only are Liverpool looking at him, but the top teams in England are too, Chelsea, Man United, Tottenham etc have all watched him.

Now i have no doubt Hanlon has the potential to be a good defender, however for someone to say at this time he will be better than Wilson, i dont see where they are getting this from. What evidence do they have of this? Apart from being biased because they support Hibs? Danny Wilson is very highly rated, more so than Hanlon! And i think Danny Wilson will go on to be not only a better player than hanlon, but 1 of the best defenders in britain.

All about opinions, someone once said Stevie Fulton was the new Baggio, someone else said Jarkko Wiss was the best two footed player in Europe, Fletch was scouted by Real

Im saying I think that Hanlon is & will be better than Wilson

HibeeDaz6270
22-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Old firm youngsters have been linked with bigger teams for as long as I can remember, very few of them go onto bigger things, guys like burchill, the Scottish Michael Owen.

Danny Wilson is a Centre Half though. Its very much different from a striker. Also was were teams such as Man United, Liverpool and spurs GENUINELY ready to make an offer for burchill? Its all very well having interest and speculation, However with Wilson, he has been watched numerous times in the last few years, and is very highly thought of. Liverpool are now ready to make an offer to him, and Tottenham have already had an offer of over £1million turned down, and that was before he kicked a ball for the 1st team.

I think he seems something special. Although, we will never know how good he will turn out until the future, its all based on potential just now, likewise with Hanlon. For Hibs supporters to say Hanlon will be better than Wilson i dont really see how they can come to such a conclusion, apart from being biased.

2 very good prospects, which can only be good for scotland.

Mon Dieu4
22-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Last season it was FLECK FLECK FLECK, this season its Wilson. It called OF hype

HibeeDaz6270
22-04-2010, 02:37 PM
You can say that all you want, However Danny Wilson is higher rated than Fleck and has been for a while. Danny Wilson will go on to bigger things. I dont think its OF hype. Hes genuinely a very talented Centre Half, with a great future in the game.

Woody1985
22-04-2010, 02:38 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8637666.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8637666.stm)

Mon Dieu4
22-04-2010, 02:43 PM
You can say that all you want, However Danny Wilson is higher rated than Fleck and has been for a while. Danny Wilson will go on to bigger things. I dont think its OF hype. Hes genuinely a very talented Centre Half, with a great future in the game.

Right Danny you can calm down now, Im sure you will get your big move :faf:

HibeeDaz6270
22-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Right Danny you can calm down now, Im sure you will get your big move :faf:

Hardly, Just annoying how biased some Hibs fans are. Im a hibs fan, but i can stil admit that Danny Wilson is an excellent prospect. And despite thinking Hanlon has great potential, its madness to say that he will be better than Wilson, I dont think there is really any evidence to support such a statement. Only time will tell as its all based on potential.

Leith Green
22-04-2010, 02:53 PM

How do you know they are ready to put in a concrete offer for him?? Been talking to Rafa or Harry recently??

Paper talk mate, most probably from the players agent/end trying to earn him as big an offer as possible from Rangers when he will in all probability sign a new contract..

For paper talk see, Steven Fletcher being tracked by Real Madrid etc etc..

HibeeDaz6270
22-04-2010, 02:58 PM
How do you know they are ready to put in a concrete offer for him?? Been talking to Rafa or Harry recently??

Paper talk mate, most probably from the players agent/end trying to earn him as big an offer as possible from Rangers when he will in all probability sign a new contract..

For paper talk see, Steven Fletcher being tracked by Real Madrid etc etc..
No.

Tottenham DEFINATELY had an offer in for him. Comes straight from his family. His Dad also i believe wants him to go to Liverpool.

As for Liverpool putting in an offer. Of course its paper talk, Its the same with any player. It will remain paper talk until an offer is officially made, however there is confirmed interest, and i expect an offer to come in for him.

Westie1875
22-04-2010, 03:05 PM
No.

Tottenham DEFINATELY had an offer in for him. Comes straight from his family. His Dad also i believe wants him to go to Liverpool.

As for Liverpool putting in an offer. Of course its paper talk, Its the same with any player. It will remain paper talk until an offer is officially made, however there is confirmed interest, and i expect an offer to come in for him.

So you know the family then, sounds like you are maybe a wee bit biased?

HibeeDaz6270
22-04-2010, 03:09 PM
So you know the family then, sounds like you are maybe a wee bit biased?
No i dont know the family at all. However a relation to me does. I am not biased in any way, far from it. Just giving my honest opinion based on football ability. I dont think you can really disagree with anything i have said to be honest? He is a fantastic prospect, who is being watched by top clubs in britain and has the potential to be 1 of the best defenders in Britain.

Its all potenital though, and only time will tell if he fulfils it, likewise with Paul Hanlon. He has the potential to be a very good player, but anything can happen so only time will tell.

Oscar Lomax
22-04-2010, 03:26 PM
No i dont know the family at all. However a relation to me does. I am not biased in any way, far from it. Just giving my honest opinion based on football ability. I dont think you can really disagree with anything i have said to be honest? He is a fantastic prospect, who is being watched by top clubs in britain and has the potential to be 1 of the best defenders in Britain.

Its all potenital though, and only time will tell if he fulfils it, likewise with Paul Hanlon. He has the potential to be a very good player, but anything can happen so only time will tell.

Its nice someone on here is talking sense. Well done Daz.
Some fellow Hibs fans just cant appreciate a rival club having a talented player. Its sad how some start the 'our players better than your player'
There is no doubt Hanlon will become a good player, if he keeps learning and doing the right things but the point thats being made here is that Wilson at this time IS a better player than Hanlon and IS attracting serious intrest from top English clubs.

Judas Iscariot
22-04-2010, 03:27 PM

Your a fandango :agree:

HibeeDaz6270
22-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Some fellow Hibs fans just cant appreciate a rival club having a talented player. Its sad how some start the 'our players better than your player'
There is no doubt Hanlon will become a good player, if he keeps learning and doing the right things but the point thats being made here is that Wilson at this time IS a better player than Hanlon and IS attracting serious intrest from top English clubs.
exactly :agree:

I have no doubt Hanlon will become a great player, But Wilson is attracting interest from various top clubs, and there is a reason for that. He is an excellent prospect.

Speedway
22-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Danny Wilson hasn't got a Mary's Prayer of commanding an £8m transfer fee.

seanraff07
22-04-2010, 06:33 PM

Daz do you see where i'm coming from now, if you play for the OF you will be rated at a higher price.

I'm not saying Wilson isn't a great, young player but what makes him any better than Hanlon?

Hanlon has played more games in his career, is only about a year older than Wilson, and looks like a brilliant, young prospect. And i've actually saw him play every game he's played in unlike Wilson, who some are giving their opinions on him based on the couple of games they have saw him play in.

Not in a million years would we ever get offered £8M for Hanlon, even if he was as good as Wilson, even though i think he is anyway but others don't.

No matter who you play for, what league you play in, how much potential you've got, no player should ever be rated at such a price after playing just 14 league games his whole career.

seanraff07
22-04-2010, 06:39 PM

Exactly and what has he done? Scored a penalty, and i can't remember him doing anything else.

And people who say he isn't as highly rated as Wilson, it wasn't that long ago that i heard he is the new Rooney.:wink:

Perspective
22-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Danny Wilson is genuine quality and has been talked about highly for years. I think he'll move for a big fee and it will be justified.

For someone of his age to perform at ease in the Champions League and some high pressure domestic games is admirable. He reads the game well, has a terrific passing range but clubs like Liverpool will be buying into his calm, assured personality more than anything. Like it or not, it takes a player with a tougher mentality to do well at the Old Firm - that's the reason we fall away when the pressure is on.

I hope from a Scottish perspective he goes on to develop and I see no reason why he couldn't go on to play for a much bigger club than Rangers.

Hanlon, too, has a lot of the same attributes - reading the game, cool-headed etc. I think the game is moving more towards defenders who think about the game rather than rely on brute force.

And Fleck was likened to Rooney as a result of his build more than anything, just as Robert Snodgrass was at his age. Still think there's raw talent there with him, but it's tough to fit a player of his type into Scottish football's conventional 4-4-2.

HibeeDaz6270
22-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Daz do you see where i'm coming from now, if you play for the OF you will be rated at a higher price.

I'm not saying Wilson isn't a great, young player but what makes him any better than Hanlon?

Hanlon has played more games in his career, is only about a year older than Wilson, and looks like a brilliant, young prospect. And i've actually saw him play every game he's played in unlike Wilson, who some are giving their opinions on him based on the couple of games they have saw him play in.

Not in a million years would we ever get offered £8M for Hanlon, even if he was as good as Wilson, even though i think he is anyway but others don't.

No matter who you play for, what league you play in, how much potential you've got, no player should ever be rated at such a price after playing just 14 league games his whole career.

£8million? even i can laugh at that. This quote is unrealistic and no way will he go for anything near that. I am not going to put a value on his head, as i genuinely do not know. He has alot of potential and highly rated by the top clubs in the country. I dont really see how you can say Hanlon is as good as Wilson, you can only say this because you have saw Hanlon more and are biased as a hibs supporter. If Hanlon was so good, surely these clubs would all be trying to snap him up too? I agree that Hanlon has good potential , but i dont think he will ever be good enough to play with 1 of the top clubs in England, where as i think Danny Wilson could, and it seems like top clubs in England seem to think so to.

As i have said before its all about potential, and we dont know where any of these guys will go in the game, we can only wait and see.

Of course being at a bigger club you will be worth more, thats how it works. However when we were discussing Stokes, i said if people like yourself were valueing him at £5million now, even if he did move to rangers or celtic i dont think his value would increase so much, certainly not on the same percentage as a players value would increase normally after making the move to the old firm.

Paul Hanlon and Danny Wilson are both great prospects and it can only be good for Scotland. I have no doubt Hanlon could go onto be a fantastic player, however i believe by the interest shown in Wilson it shows how much of a prospect he is, and suggests that he is maybe a step ahead at this time.

Albanian Hibs
22-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Your a fandango :agree:

agree :agree:

Feed McGraw
22-04-2010, 07:50 PM

I think most Hibs fans can recognise a good player at other clubs. I think the feeling in this case - and rightly so IMO, is if Hanlon was at Ibrox and Wilson was at ER , then the 8m rumours would be about Hanlon, not Wilson.

Oscar Lomax
22-04-2010, 08:42 PM
I think most Hibs fans can recognise a good player at other clubs. I think the feeling in this case - and rightly so IMO, is if Hanlon was at Ibrox and Wilson was at ER , then the 8m rumours would be about Hanlon, not Wilson.

I think I would agree with that. I think Hanlon and Wilson are different types off players though. For a young guy, Wilson looks very mature. He reminds me off Alan Hansen at times. Very natural and assured on the ball, which are great assets to have if playing in the EPL.
I am looking forward to seeing Hanlon develop over the coming seasons and no doubt, he is destined to become a very good player, hopefully a great player and a Hibee to boot, but he is far from the finished article and at this time, I think Wilson is ahead of him. Playing alongside Weir has obviously benefited him. I wish Hibs would sign an older and experienced centre half as It can really develop the younger players.

brydekirk
22-04-2010, 08:52 PM

:agree::agree:

Woody1985
23-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Exactly and what has he done? Scored a penalty, and i can't remember him doing anything else.

And people who say he isn't as highly rated as Wilson, it wasn't that long ago that i heard he is the new Rooney.:wink:

I read Champions magazine which is the official UEFA magazine (I think) and it covers a vast range of subjects on players, stadiums, football cities etc etc.

I've always found it the most interesting and credible football magazine.

However, in the latest edition it has something along the lines of '5 Rooney's' with up and coming players and John Fleck was mentioned. I'm not sure if they've simply taken some media references and used that to fill some pages. It has dented my confidence in it's credibility with printing that ****.

I'm not into magazines but I've always had that one ordered over the last few years and it surprisingly pissed me right off!

seanraff07
23-04-2010, 06:56 PM
I read Champions magazine which is the official UEFA magazine (I think) and it covers a vast range of subjects on players, stadiums, football cities etc etc.

I've always found it the most interesting and credible football magazine.

However, in the latest edition it has something along the lines of '5 Rooney's' with up and coming players and John Fleck was mentioned. I'm not sure if they've simply taken some media references and used that to fill some pages. It has dented my confidence in it's credibility with printing that ****.

I'm not into magazines but I've always had that one ordered over the last few years and it surprisingly pissed me right off!

Write a letter making a complaint about their shocking views on comparing players.:grr:

Allant1981
23-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Wilson may be a good player but there is no way he would have played this year as much if the algerian guy(cannae spell his name) and weir had been fit or available every week so to rate him at x amount of millions is crazy. To say he is much better than Hanlon is surely laughable just now as he has played 14 games if im not mistaken this year. How can anyone be judged over such a short amount of games. As i said he may well be the next big thing but i have my doubts if any of the top 6 sides in England actually put a bid in for him

HibeeDaz6270
23-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Wilson may be a good player but there is no way he would have played this year as much if the algerian guy(cannae spell his name) and weir had been fit or available every week so to rate him at x amount of millions is crazy. To say he is much better than Hanlon is surely laughable just now as he has played 14 games if im not mistaken this year. How can anyone be judged over such a short amount of games. As i said he may well be the next big thing but i have my doubts if any of the top 6 sides in England actually put a bid in for him
Tottenham definately made a bid for him previously. Like i say 8million is rediculious, and he wouldnt go for anything like that. However he has been watched for the last few years and is highly though of.

Allant1981
23-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Tottenham definately made a bid for him previously. Like i say 8million is rediculious, and he wouldnt go for anything like that. However he has been watched for the last few years and is highly though of.

i was scouted as well by about a dozen teams when i was younger and im now playing amateur football, just because teams are watching you doesnt mean anything im afraid. As i say i doubt very much if any of the top 6 sides in England actually sign him. Would be good for the scotland team if this young guy does turn out to be some superstar though. Havent seen enough of him though to say if he is any better than Hanlon

HibeeDaz6270
23-04-2010, 07:42 PM
i was scouted as well by about a dozen teams when i was younger and im now playing amateur football, just because teams are watching you doesnt mean anything im afraid. As i say i doubt very much if any of the top 6 sides in England actually sign him. Would be good for the scotland team if this young guy does turn out to be some superstar though. Havent seen enough of him though to say if he is any better than Hanlon

I have been there myself. Been scouted by pro clubs, played for pro clubs all when i was younger etc. Although this is a bit different. He is now a proffesional footballer playing for rangers. Tottenham made a £1million+ offer for him before he kicked a ball for the 1st team. Did anyone offer £1million for you? :greengrin

I think its a wee bit more than just being scouted. He is genuinely attracting interest from top clubs in england. If he doesnt move on, He will get a good contract from Rangers worth Thousands of pounds, however despite how much potential he has, and how much im sure rangers want to hold onto him, Im not so sure they can afford to.

If he continues to progress, Im sure he will play in the premiership, but like i say he is only 18, so everything is just based on potential. Only time will tell if he turns out to be as good as clearly many top clubs believe he could.