PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket no more.

krobertson12
21-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Decided last night with my mum and dad, that next season, there is no room in the family budget (and my budget) to pay for two adult season tickets. Will be finishing up university this summer, so obviously losing the cheaper tickets hasn't helped budgets. Far from being a student whine about full prices, but has anyone else looked at their budget and decided that despite the UK being out of recession, they just cant afford this year?

I've had a ST for 10 years now, but it really has struck me this season that paying over £400 to watch the SPL just isn't on. Do people think ST sales will drop again this year? Should the club be going the extra mile to help its fans and fill the new stand? And i know the club have brought in a few new ideas, but was there scope to do more?

Hibbyradge
21-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Sorry to read that you're missing out. Just pay at the gate when you've got the cash to spend. Me? I'm paying £40 a month. Simples.

Andy74
21-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Only if we want the budget for the manager cut too I'm afraid. If we want better players we need to pay for them. I'd love football to be cheaper but we'd need every single club going to cut wages at the same time to achieve that.

Jack
21-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Plenty scope if we want to end up like Hearts or Pompey or the like.
We've got to the stage now when money is actually being invested in the squad and we're in a much better position looking forward to next season than we've been for many many years.
I'm sure the squad will be well strengthened, there's the new stand and European football is likely to be just round the corner.
It would be a real shame for anyone to miss it!

bingo70
21-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Decided last night with my mum and dad, that next season, there is no room in the family budget (and my budget) to pay for two adult season tickets. Will be finishing up university this summer, so obviously losing the cheaper tickets hasn't helped budgets. Far from being a student whine about full prices, but has anyone else looked at their budget and decided that despite the UK being out of recession, they just cant afford this year?

I've had a ST for 10 years now, but it really has struck me this season that paying over £400 to watch the SPL just isn't on. Do people think ST sales will drop again this year? Should the club be going the extra mile to help its fans and fill the new stand? And i know the club have brought in a few new ideas, but was there scope to do more?

No, we've got such a pish TV deal now season ticket money is pretty much our only source of income, it's been proven plenty times that reducing prices doesn't mean bigger crowds.

Offering a 10 month payment plan is as good a deal as you could ever expect, if you can't afford that then that's a shame but it's not the clubs fault.

Hibbyradge
21-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Oh, I nearly forgot to add, I am sure season ticket sales will increase. The Yams will be very disappointed, I'm sure you Will agree.

CraigHibee
21-04-2010, 06:52 PM
im wanting a season ticket but looking at the finances at the moment it aint going to happen :rolleyes:

ive just bought a flat and once everything has been paid out i dont have too much to play about with, im going to get to as many games as i can though

Removed
21-04-2010, 06:56 PM
ive just bought a flat and once everything has been paid out i dont have too much to play about with, im going to get to as many games as i can though

PM Jakki, she might still have a load of jigsaws and stuff up her attic you can have for free :greengrin

Godsahibby
21-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Your not the only one, I've decided against renewing my season ticket, decided to spend the cash on a golf membershup instead. I miss a few games most seasons for whatever reasons and the only reason ive contnues to keep mine is because I have fantastic seats and if I was to walk up I wouldnt get such a good seat, from next season with the new stand it won't be hard to get as good a seat.

I will make it along to most games anyway just couldnt justify it anymore. I think as well if you miss more tha 2 or 3 games your probably just as well off walking up!

down the slope
21-04-2010, 07:13 PM
I will walk up next season, this is due to funds getting tighter and the product for me is not any better than last season. I can see the ST's being around the 6k mark unless something dramatic happens like winning the last four games like we know what we are doing.
Any advance on the 6k number ?, the ticket office is not exactly shouting from the rooftops the number of ST's we have sold which is always a bad sign.

K.Marx
21-04-2010, 08:14 PM

When does your student card expire? Although I finish Uni in a couple of weeks and graduate in June my card dosent expire till the end of September...If yours dosent expire till September aswell then maybe if you present that to the ticket office without mentioning it they will not think anything of it and give you a student price S.T??

ArabHibee
21-04-2010, 08:18 PM
When does your student card expire? Although I finish Uni in a couple of weeks and graduate in June my card dosent expire till the end of September...If yours dosent expire till September aswell then maybe if you present that to the ticket office without mentioning it they will not think anything of it and give you a student price S.T??
:tsk tsk:

Removed
21-04-2010, 08:24 PM

You've blown it now. Just wait till Judith reads your post. Delete it quick :greengrin

Toaods
21-04-2010, 08:24 PM
I will walk up next season, this is due to funds getting tighter and the product for me is not any better than last season. I can see the ST's being around the 6k mark unless something dramatic happens like winning the last four games like we know what we are doing.
Any advance on the 6k number ?, the ticket office is not exactly shouting from the rooftops the number of ST's we have sold which is always a bad sign.

many won't renew until last gasp though at the end of the month and ewcomers can't buy so any figure would be a bit pointless at this stage.

Mikey
21-04-2010, 08:25 PM
If we were all to give up on the club there wouldn't be much to look forward to. There would be a summer clearout alright, but not much coming in.

Together We Are Stronger :wink:

The only thing I can't justify is NOT buying a season ticket.

marinello59
21-04-2010, 08:27 PM

You'll need one that covers the season coming and it will be checked. So looks like people will have to be honest and not rip the club off.:greengrin

K.Marx
21-04-2010, 08:29 PM
You've blown it now. Just wait till Judith reads your post. Delete it quick :greengrin

:hilarious

K.Marx
21-04-2010, 08:31 PM
You'll need one that covers the season coming and it will be checked. So looks like people will have to be honest and not rip the club off.:greengrin

could be considered ripping the club off...but on the other hand it could be considered as £170 extra revenue that the club wouldnt otherwise receive :greengrin

marinello59
21-04-2010, 08:34 PM
could be considered ripping the club off...but on the other hand it could be considered as £170 extra revenue that the club wouldnt otherwise receive :greengrin

I'll use that logic with the bus driver that tomorrow when I pay for three stages instead of the actual seven I will be travelling.:thumbsup:

sixtwo
21-04-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm sorry to say that I won't be renewing. I'm pretty disillussioned by the team and the management just now. As a hibs fan for 32 years, I will tolerate a lot, but one thing I cannot stand is a lack of fight. There is a lack of spirit in the team and there is a lack of tactical & technical knowledge on the bench. Until yogi learns that you cannot have a decent team without a midfield we will always be a soft touch.

The most important factor in raising attendances and season ticket sales is the product on the park. If we have a team that plays attractive football and wins, the fans will return. Other incentives are good and are to be applauded but if they are not matched with the product on the park people will always find a reason not to go.

Reaper
21-04-2010, 08:37 PM

They've brought in the interest free credit scheme to be fair.

Hakim Sar
21-04-2010, 08:37 PM
i'l be working saturdays more often than not and will miss over 50% of home games next year so the season ticket is not getting renewed.

think we will sell about 7k seasons unless we have some summer signings like miller/stokes again.

then depending on how we start next season we can hopefully add an extra 500-800 half seasons.

Bayern Bru
21-04-2010, 08:39 PM

Do a post-grad degree. :greengrin

marinello59
21-04-2010, 08:41 PM

An excellent idea it is too. Three renewals from our household using that.:thumbsup:

Hainan Hibs
21-04-2010, 08:44 PM
I'll use that logic with the bus driver that tomorrow when I pay for three stages instead of the actual seven I will be travelling.:thumbsup:

Might try something similar

"Child ticket please"

"You're an adult"

"Look, it's 60p you could be missing out on, so get the ticket printed"
:greengrin

K.Marx
21-04-2010, 08:44 PM

Not quite sure that the 4 grand odd i would need to pay do a post-grad would be offset by the £230 I would save on the season ticket :tee hee:

Toaods
21-04-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm sorry to say that I won't be renewing. I'm pretty disillussioned by the team and the management just now. As a hibs fan for 32 years, I will tolerate a lot, but one thing I cannot stand is a lack of fight.

there's a lot of people in the same category as you. Out of interest, how many seasons have you been in your current seat, or are you one of those who moves from stand to stand, like me...:greengrin

Toaods
21-04-2010, 08:48 PM

I'm on annual leave so won't be using my Lothian Buses pass - no probs though I can always punt it on to some Rangers fan at the weekend.

krobertson12
21-04-2010, 08:51 PM
I completely agree that the 10 month thing is a great idea. Hopefully more clubs will follow this lead and make it more affordable for many other fans. However, with hibs in mind, we are going to have a 21000 seater stadium with about 12k ST. Has the club missed a trick by not keeping tickets the same price and looking to get more fans through?

As Mikey has said, its possibly the best time to get behind the team if you can afford it, and I hope that 2 fans will take my place (not that im that big i fill 2 seats i must add :greengrin). But finiances are still really tight for many, putting up the prices ma isolate fans. Also perhaps an idea (purely from a cheap student point of view), would be a staggered price for students first year after finishing uni? since many student wont be able to get the jobs their degree should help them into (simply as there is no jobs for them), surely this would be a way to keep them, albeit at a reduced rate to adult prices.

marinello59
21-04-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm on annual leave so won't be using my Lothian Buses pass - no probs though I can always punt it on to some Rangers fan at the weekend.

Good point. A Hun without the bus fare will snap up the chance of a cheap ride to Tynecastle.:agree:

bobbyhibs1983
21-04-2010, 08:53 PM

I think we will shift 8-10k next season no problem,Im sure there was a poll of some sort when the s.t orices were annouced and iirc 90+ were gonna renew.

sixtwo
21-04-2010, 08:58 PM
there's a lot of people in the same category as you. Out of interest, how many seasons have you been in your current seat, or are you one of those who moves from stand to stand, like me...:greengrin

Started off in the terracing, moved to the famous five when I started taking my boy, went back to the terracing this year and now I am in the west.

Would have been easier just saying, I move about a bit. :greengrin

I know I'll still get along almost every other week but I don't want to commit to a season ticket.

Maybe I am just being a bit negative? Maybe I'll change my mind at the last minute? Afterall we have some good players, we have a very good stadium and we might have european football to look forward too.

To be honest I'm just fed up with hibs /yogi just now. I suppose a few fans are the same and a couple of weeks after the season has finished I'll be itching to get back!

PaulSmith
21-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Renewed recently and added a further 3 to the group who were not s/t holders, all this can't afford pish wouldn't even surfice if we were still clear in third.
IMO sometimes the club provides more than some fans deserve, just support YOUR club.

Nakedmanoncrack
21-04-2010, 09:01 PM

Assuming it's an Edinburgh bus, he probably won't have a clue what you are on about, when were you last on a bus?:wink:

krobertson12
21-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Renewed recently and added a further 3 to the group who were not s/t holders, all this can't afford pish wouldn't even surfice if we were still clear in third.
IMO sometimes the club provides more than some fans deserve, just support YOUR club.

10 years I've had a ST, I've seen some crap in that time where I could say I've had enough but I didn't. I had my ST renewed for this season days after they sent out the packs (with Mixu still incharge). If we got 3rd, I still wouldn't be able to afford, so please dont start on this "can't afford pish". Already said I hope others take up the options and there are more ST holders next season.

Edit: and I'm glad you got 3 extra people to join up!

sixtwo
21-04-2010, 09:06 PM

:yawn:

The fundemental thing they should provide is a team worth watching! Just now, they are not.

marinello59
21-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Assuming it's an Edinburgh bus, he probably won't have a clue what you are on about, when were you last on a bus?:wink:

We don't have flat fares in the Granite City.:greengrin

Antifa Hibs
21-04-2010, 09:23 PM
The ****** we have had to watch in the last 5 months (17 months if you add mixu...) aswell as massive price increases the club don't deserve any season ticket sales.

Fitba is getting less and less enjoyable by the season, to the boring moany folk in the terraces, to the dafties in the yellow jackets to the dross in the dugouts and on the pitch. Its becoming a chore.

But hey-hoo there's a 10 month payment plan so that justifies the above...

down the slope
21-04-2010, 09:24 PM
This is the fans only moment of power, if you buy a ST now they will assume we will watch any old crap they dare to serve up, not for me any more, if the product improves i will return but as i have been told on here before i will not be missed if i don't-oh but i will be missed and there will be thousands like me as well so let the uber fans get stuck into that and tell me how i should be spending my money.

Antifa Hibs
21-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Forgot to add, season ticket at st mirren is 280. Wonder how many more we'd shift if that was our price...

marinello59
21-04-2010, 09:26 PM
The ****** we have had to watch in the last 5 months (17 months if you add mixu...) aswell as massive price increases the club don't deserve any season ticket sales.

Fitba is getting less and less enjoyable by the season, to the boring moany folk in the terraces, to the dafties in the yellow jackets to the dross in the dugouts and on the pitch. Its becoming a chore.

But hey-hoo there's a 10 month payment plan so that justifies the above...

You really do love your fellow Hibs fans don't you? (I know your constant moaning on here about them is all a front.:greengrin)

bingo70
21-04-2010, 09:28 PM
This is the fans only moment of power, if you buy a ST now they will assume we will watch any old crap they dare to serve up, not for me any more, if the product improves i will return but as i have been told on here before i will not be missed if i don't-oh but i will be missed and there will be thousands like me as well so let the uber fans get stuck into that and tell me how i should be spending my money.

how would giving less money to the club help improve the quality on the pitch?

BTW regardless of what anyone says you will be missed, any fan who doesn't get a season ticket will be, it's a bit of a vicous circle though, it's clearly not enjoyable at easter road just now, however if nobody renewed because of this we'd lose the few good players we do have.

Antifa Hibs
21-04-2010, 09:30 PM
You really do love your fellow Hibs fans don't you? (I know your constant moaning on here about them is all a front.:greengrin)

Not just hibbys, scottish fitba punters in general. Travel lots of miles, pay lots of money and everyone just sits there like statues, only time they show any life or emotion is when they are ripping into their own players....

bingo70
21-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Forgot to add, season ticket at st mirren is 280. Wonder how many more we'd shift if that was our price...

Not a huge amount more IMO.

would you be prepared to accept a reduction in the playing budget if it meant a reduction in the ticket prices?

Antifa Hibs
21-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Not a huge amount more IMO.

would you be prepared to accept a reduction in the playing budget if it meant a reduction in the ticket prices?

Defo. Let's face it the standard just now is rank rotten. Any slight reduction in quality wouldn't be a big deal if it ment saving a few quid.

noseyhibby
21-04-2010, 09:34 PM

I'll take six of those please!:greengrin

marinello59
21-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Not just hibbys, scottish fitba punters in general. Travel lots of miles, pay lots of money and everyone just sits there like statues, only time they show any life or emotion is when they are ripping into their own players....

I agree. :confused: Off for a lie down.

krobertson12
21-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Is that a flat price for their whole stadium or is it their most expensive? Imagine how many the club would shift with £350 ST prices even.

bingo70
21-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Defo. Let's face it the standard just now is rank rotten. Any slight reduction in quality wouldn't be a big deal if it ment saving a few quid.

Fair enough, i think you'd be in the minority though, IMO having an even poorer quality of player on the park would have a bigger impact on the attendances than a relatively small discount on the season ticket prices.

Again IMO, the reason for the poor attendances and atmosphere has very little to do with the costs, but more to do with the lack of entertainment on the park.

bingo70
21-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Is that a flat price for their whole stadium or is it their most expensive? Imagine how many the club would shift with £350 ST prices even.

sorry if i've picked you up wrong but are you suggesting we'd sell considerably more season tickets if they were £50 cheaper?

RIP
21-04-2010, 09:51 PM

No longer a student next year?

Move back in wi mum and dad and get a joab. Pay up at £40 per month

Simples?

.Sean.
21-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Well done for telling it like it is :agree:

.Sean.
21-04-2010, 09:55 PM
sorry if i've picked you up wrong but are you suggesting we'd sell considerably more season tickets if they were £50 cheaper?
Of course we would.

booshsutton
21-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Per chance, does anybody know if you can use the 10 month payment plan option on a Student season ticket?
Keen to get one for next season and would like to spread the cost. I think I will phone the ticket office tomorrow if nobody knows.
Cheers

marinello59
21-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Of course we would.

Less than £3 a game difference? Doubtful that the club would recoup the difference in extra sales by discounting by that amount.

.Sean.
21-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Per chance, does anybody know if you can use the 10 month payment plan option on a Student season ticket?
Keen to get one for next season and would like to spread the cost. I think I will phone the ticket office tomorrow if nobody knows.
Cheers
Yes, you definately can. I filled out my form tonight and that option was there. You need to show them your card by the first of October.

bingo70
21-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Of course we would.

nonsense.

does anyone really look at a season ticket and think they could afford £350 but couldn't pay a further £50 for about 10 months 'entertainment', especially considering you've got the option of a payment plan.

anyone that can afford £350 can afford £400, if people chose not to go for some other reason then fair enough, i'm not claiming to be some kind of uber fan, cos i'm not.

BTW did we not reduce ticket prices last season, yet sold fewer than we did the season before?

Alex Trager
21-04-2010, 10:03 PM
This is true, my birthday falls in november and i get cheaper tickets even though i'm turning 18 becuase i start the season at 17

Nakedmanoncrack
21-04-2010, 10:05 PM

I see from looking at the T&Cs that it says 'a valid matriculation card must be shown before tickets can be issued if no card shown before 1 Oct ST must be upgraded to appropriate adult price'.

Now my matriculation card expires at the end of September, and there is a good chance I'll get another one in October, but I'll probably be without one for a couple of weeks, not sure where this will leave me. Never had a student ST Before, anyone got any experience of this sort of situation?

.Sean.
This is true, my birthday falls in november and i get cheaper tickets even though i'm turning 18 becuase i start the season at 17
If you renew early enough next year you'll get a cheaper ticket too, as you'd still be 18 therefore qualifying for the 15-18 season ticket.

marinello59

That's a different situation though from people actively stealing from the club because they don't want to join the real world and pay their way.:devil:

Alex Trager
From the chat it looks like our stadium is going to be a green rugby park- we should be expectng to have around 11k season tickets imo

booshsutton
Yes, you definately can. I filled out my form tonight and that option was there. You need to show them your card by the first of October.

Cheers mate...East Stand here I come :thumbsup:

Mikeystewart
21-04-2010, 10:07 PM

Regardless of popular belief there are people at this time not able to keep afloat with food and bills let alone a season ticket. Not to forget hibernian is traditionally a working class club. Even a so called CHEAP season ticket is enough to feed someone for a month.

Mikeystewart
21-04-2010, 10:08 PM
I see from looking at the T&Cs that it says 'a valid matriculation card must be shown before tickets can be issued if no card shown before 1 Oct ST must be upgraded to appropriate adult price'.

Now my matriculation card expires at the end of September, and there is a good chance I'll get another one in October, but I'll probably be without one for a couple of weeks, not sure where this will leave me. Never had a student ST Before, anyone got any experience of this sort of situation?

they give you temp tickets untill you show the matric card then you get the season ticket

krobertson12
21-04-2010, 10:11 PM
nonsense.

does anyone really look at a season ticket and think they could afford £350 but couldn't pay a further £50 for about 10 months 'entertainment', especially considering you've got the option of a payment plan.

anyone that can afford £350 can afford £400, if people chose not to go for some other reason then fair enough, i'm not claiming to be some kind of uber fan, cos i'm not.

BTW did we not reduce ticket prices last season, yet sold fewer than we did the season before?

I honestly think we would shift a lot more. £50 is still just a bit too much for some people to stretch. Even if its spread over 10 months.

But this is just a difference of opinion. I still feel the club has scope to have done more for the fans.

marinello59
21-04-2010, 10:31 PM
I honestly think we would shift a lot more. £50 is still just a bit too much for some people to stretch. Even if its spread over 10 months.

But this is just a difference of opinion. I still feel the club has scope to have done more for the fans.

Such as?

madhibby
21-04-2010, 10:35 PM
I've supported Hibs since being a boy.

I've lived away from Edinburgh and my attendance at matches then was not very frequent, although it was always the first result I looked for. When living in England I went to matches and adopted a team (the Boro,and not a bad team to adopt)

I returned to Scotland living in Glasgow and became a season ticket around the same time the ground was redeveloped. My three lads, despite living in Glasgow are committed Hibbys.

So whats my view on renewing?

Hibs need season ticket holders to guarantee revenue so it makes sense to renew.

If you cant afford it then I sympathise and wouldnt criticise.

I think season tickets are still too expensive and Hibs should have done more (10 month payment deal excepted) to make them cheaper.

I also think to many seats in the West centre are reserved for corporate.

The new East Stand offer more opportunities to attract more fans to Easter Road. The previous views and lack of seats, in my opinion, prevented more floating fans attending Easter Road.

So Hibs need to market the new improved stadium harder (students, immigrants etc) and Hibs fans need to get behind the club and get to games.

Yes the end of the season has been disappointing but we need to stick with the club.

After all we may finish fourth and qualify for Europe and lets build on what we have achieved.

krobertson12
21-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Such as?
Keeping tickets the same price as this year? A between student and adult price so not to lose students that have debts to pay and havent been able to get the jobs their degree deserves due to the poor working climate? the same for school leaver too? perhaps better insentives too? i dont pretend to have a masters in marketing.

I do appreciate that in order for football to be more affordable it has to be across the board. Fifa need to do something for that to happen.

marinello59
21-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Keeping tickets the same price as this year? A between student and adult price so not to lose students that have debts to pay and havent been able to get the jobs their degree deserves due to the poor working climate? the same for school leaver too? perhaps better insentives too? i dont pretend to have a masters in marketing.

I do appreciate that in order for football to be more affordable it has to be across the board. Fifa need to do something for that to happen.

How about cheaper tickets for those of us with mortgages and don't get the wages their skills deserve? :greengrin

krobertson12
21-04-2010, 10:54 PM
How about cheaper tickets for those of us with mortgages and don't get the wages their skills deserve? :greengrin
Im all for it :thumbsup:. Why not just lower the prices for all?

Phil MaGlass
22-04-2010, 08:20 AM

very naive indeed to think its pi5h that people cant afford an ST this season. Aye they must be yams if they dont renew eh,away and bile yir heid ya twonk.

K.Marx
22-04-2010, 08:20 AM
That's a different situation though from people actively stealing from the club because they don't want to join the real world and pay their way.:devil:

actively stealing? :faf:

GloryGlory
22-04-2010, 08:38 AM

:agree: If someone can't afford £40 per month for 10 months are they likely to change their minds for £35 per month? A few may be, but the impact is likely to be marginal at best. And as has been said before, there is little evidence to suggest a price cut will result in a big increase in demand. Motherwell tried it a few years and it had no effect on attendances.

andrew70
22-04-2010, 09:18 AM
I’d agree prices are slightly too high but I will be renewing with the renewed optimism that the start of every season brings. I will be using the Payment Plan which is a fantastic innovative idea and I believe a lot of people will take up this option.
People are talking about a big fall in ST sales; I don’t believe this will be the case. We will always have around 10k plus IMO.
The more ST money the better for the club, this will help on the field. People are complaining about this season, indeed after Dingwall I said I wouldn’t be back, but it was a spur of the moment reaction, I have been back since and seen improvement and also worse. Yet despite only winning two games in fourteen we are still fourth with a great chance of European Qualification. What more do people want?? This has been annoying me for a while. Yes the performances haven’t been great but whose are? This is a league being won by one of the most boring teams in the Country.
Hibs fans should be happy with this season despite the downturn in results. Even finishing fifth is an improvement and to see further improvement we need to back the team and allow the club to take us to a new level. A level where we all want to be at.
One area where I think the club could’ve done more is for people out of work. Up ‘til recently I was facing redundancy and the prospect of being without a job thus being unable to afford my ST. That would’ve taken away my one passion in life. I’ve been extremely lucky in that I’ve now found work but I believe in this current time where many working class people (the core of the Hibs support) find themselves out of work the club could’ve done more.
How about a ST, where with valid Jobseekers Card etc, you could get a ticket for £50, while offering your support to the club. Like helping with ground work, selling the programmes etc?? I know I would have done that for sure.
Sorry for the long winded post.

down the slope
22-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Andrew you say we should be happy with seasons performance but i think we have not progressed one bit this season in fact we have had more hammerings this season than last and it seems the coaching staff are clueless as how to sort the problems out so it's pay at the gate for me as i don't see any way things will improve.

Phil D. Rolls
22-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Thanks to everyone who wrote in on this subject. Personally I couldn't give a ***** if you're there next season or not, but it was nice of you to let me into your worlds anyway.

What are you all having for tea tonight?

andrew70
22-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Andrew you say we should be happy with seasons performance but i think we have not progressed one bit this season in fact we have had more hammerings this season than last and it seems the coaching staff are clueless as how to sort the problems out so it's pay at the gate for me as i don't see any way things will improve.

Thats fair enough the hammerings have been hard to take and I totally understand your view. I suppose I am just looking at the fourth position that we are in and thinking well we’ve gone up two places. I do think Yogi needs to take more chances when it comes to substitutions, tactics etc but do you think it could be the fact that he feels outwith maybe fourteen players he feels the rest aren’t ready(Glabraith) or good enough(Cregg and Thicot [up until recently]). I think the movement in squad personnel and numbers will be indicative this summer. I believe Yogi will get it right. Maybe naivety but I want to give the guy a chance. I think next season will be a good one, I really do.

Franck is God
22-04-2010, 11:24 AM
I didn't have a season ticket this year because I simply couldn't afford it, pleased to say that I have made it to all but one home match but it has ended up costing me more than an ST would have.

Next season I will have one thanks to the payment plan and between me and the guys I generally go with we have turned 2 ST's this season to 5 ST's for next year.

Fingers crossed there will be a similar situations amongst a lot of Hibs fans and our sales will increase this summer and Yogi will have a good budget to improve the squad even more, if we don't turn up then there can be no complaints IMO.

IWasThere2016
22-04-2010, 11:36 AM

Is it though - wasn't the price increase well above inflation? That said, the plan is a good idea - and it will undoubtedly help fans afford a ticket and in turn help the manager/club, and for that the club should not be criticised.

:greengrin

Toaods
22-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Is it though - wasn't the price increase well above inflation? That said, the plan is a good idea - and it will undoubtedly help fans afford a ticket and in turn help the manager/club, and for that the club should not be criticised.:greengrin

Last years prices were pegged at 2007 prices so a reasonable increase is only fair....:wink:

IWasThere2016
22-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Last years prices were pegged at 2007 prices so a reasonable increase is only fair....:wink:

Weren't businesses in all fields reducing prices to stimulate/safeguard business :wink: and FTR I praised the move then

Toaods
22-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Weren't businesses in all fields reducing prices to stimulate/safeguard business :wink: and FTR I praised the move then

yes, yes and me too. :cool2:

krobertson12
22-04-2010, 11:49 AM
The club brought back prices as they knew then that budgets were tight and if they wanted to keep fans they had to lower prices. Now the question is, has the economy improved that much to warrant this increase in prices? No, and I doubt that many household budgets have improved much either.

Same prices as last year, with the 10 months installments would have been a fairer move in my opinion. BUT that is my opinion only.

Jack
22-04-2010, 01:19 PM
The club brought back prices as they knew then that budgets were tight and if they wanted to keep fans they had to lower prices. Now the question is, has the economy improved that much to warrant this increase in prices? No, and I doubt that many household budgets have improved much either.

Same prices as last year, with the 10 months installments would have been a fairer move in my opinion. BUT that is my opinion only.

Two seasons ago the price (East Stand) was £355. So really an increase to £380 for you over the two years of £12.50 a year is not very much. Its an increase of less than £1.50 a game over the three seasons. A total increase of well less than one night out.

So we’re really paying now what we probably would have done last year if the Club hadn’t made the sacrifice.

So besides offering a 10 month interest free loan to help buy the season ticket the Club have kept prices notionally at last years price – except last year the Club put the equivalent of what you're not willing to pay back in your pocket.

To accuse the Club of not doing enough is really just shifting the blame, trying to justify to yourself a reason for not buying.

2007/08 £330
2008/09 £355 [+£25]
2009/10 £330 [+£25 would have been £380]
2010/11 £380 [+£25 = £405 is what new Easties are paying]

krobertson12
22-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Two seasons ago the price (East Stand) was £355. So really an increase to £380 for you over the two years of £12.50 a year is not very much. Its an increase of less than £1.50 a game over the three seasons. A total increase of well less than one night out.

So we’re really paying now what we probably would have done last year if the Club hadn’t made the sacrifice.

So besides offering a 10 month interest free loan to help buy the season ticket the Club have kept prices notionally at last years price – except last year the Club put the equivalent of what you're not willing to pay back in your pocket.

To accuse the Club of not doing enough is really just shifting the blame, trying to justify to yourself a reason for not buying.

2007/08 £330
2008/09 £355 [+£25]
2009/10 £330 [+£25 would have been £380]
2010/11 £380 [+£25 = £405 is what new Easties are paying]

And the increase in price does justify it for myself. Like I said I've moved from a student price to a full adult, thats more than your extra couple of quid increase for me. With a big stadium to fill next season, I still believe the club had more scope to look after more fans, as well as enticing old ones back

Fantic
22-04-2010, 10:20 PM
And the increase in price does justify it for myself. Like I said I've moved from a student price to a full adult, thats more than your extra couple of quid increase for me. With a big stadium to fill next season, I still believe the club had more scope to look after more fans, as well as enticing old ones back

Welcome to the real world mate.

krobertson12
22-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Welcome to the real world mate.
Cheers, its too expensive for me :greengrin.

Toaods
23-04-2010, 12:52 AM
Cheers, its too expensive for me :greengrin.

all is not lost.... http://www.rbge.org.uk/ (http://www.rbge.org.uk/)

jon paul jones
25-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Tuppence worth from me is that I've booked my season ticket for 2010/11 on a bright sunny Saturday morning because of the payment plan.

Top right of the East stand next to away end for me (available from 07th June) :singing::singing::singing:

Get your ass down to the Ticket office....bigger players coming soon.