PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Scunthorpe

Toaods
20-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Managed to achieve their target....survival in the Championship....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8620151.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8620151.stm)

watched them a few times since Wembley Play-offs and Jonesy signing for them. Wish we had a few more players with their graft and desire.

RIP
20-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Jones not on team sheet?

Injured?

Jonnyboy
20-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Jones not on team sheet?

Injured?

Not played for a while now so if injured it must be a bad 'un

1two
20-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Jones not on team sheet?

Injured?
nope, just pish

Bayern Bru
20-04-2010, 09:55 PM
He broke his nose and was certainly out in February, whether he hasn't forced his way back into the team I'm not sure. There was talk of him 'being in contention for a start' in early March but since then...nothing.

:confused:

Sir David Gray
20-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Jones not on team sheet?

Injured?

He hasn't played for a month now with a calf injury.

Bookkeeper
20-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Think they've got about the highest goals against in that league. No coincidence with Jones there.

Hibee_Lisa
20-04-2010, 11:20 PM
The amount of little digs from Hibs supporters about Jones is unreal you would think he was terrible for us. :bitchy:

Bayern Bru
20-04-2010, 11:24 PM
I wonder how many of the anti-Jones league are anti-Hogg as well...

Personally I thought Jones was a great servant for us. I was sorry to see him go, but that's football. He wasn't the best player in the world but he always gave 100% for Hibs and he was a lovely guy as well.

There's been times this season where I've felt we could have benefited from still having him.

Bookkeeper
20-04-2010, 11:27 PM
The amount of little digs from Hibs supporters about Jones is unreal you would think he was terrible for us. :bitchy:

Could never understand all the fuss about him. Average player at best. Questionable attitude and loyalties if you believe all that went on when Collins was manager.

Hibee_Lisa
20-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Could never understand all the fuss about him. Average player at best. Questionable attitude and loyalties if you believe all that went on when Collins was manager.

What does that make the majority of our defenders now then?

matty_f
20-04-2010, 11:31 PM

:agree:

Albanian Hibs
20-04-2010, 11:36 PM

:agree: short memories

Bookkeeper
20-04-2010, 11:36 PM
What does that make the majority of our defenders now then?

Bamba, Hanlon and Murray are definite improvements.

Hibee_Lisa
20-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Bamba, Hanlon and Murray are definite improvements.

Yet in the league last season we conceded 46 goals in 38 this season we have conceded 46 with a few games left to play,if Jones was that poor I cant understand why have conceded the same amount all ready.

Liam89
20-04-2010, 11:49 PM
I thought Jones was great when he was with us, he always gave 100% and from what i can remember before he left he was on top form.

greenlex
21-04-2010, 12:47 AM
He hasn't played for a month now with a calf injury.

He has a nose on his calf? Whatever next!!!

monktonharp
21-04-2010, 01:17 AM
He has a nose on his calf? Whatever next!!!all calfs have noses,ask any farmer. piglets have them too.

rainman
21-04-2010, 02:02 AM
Must be one of the only cup final-goal scoring captains to lift a trophy for Hibs that is disrespected so frequently at every opportunity.

Unbelievable.

Toaods
21-04-2010, 07:16 AM
Yet in the league last season we conceded 46 goals in 38 this season we have conceded 46 with a few games left to play,if Jones was that poor I cant understand why have conceded the same amount all ready.

:agree:.....and that after having apparently 'addressing' our goalkeeping problem. Those who quote the goals conceded by Scunny are being plain daft as they had by far and away the weakest squad entering the season and were certs for relegation. They have a manager with a good eye for a player and maintains great team spirit. Target achieved without any final day nail-biter to go through and all the players including Jonesy will be running down to the cashline to admire their balance once the survival bonus is paid.

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2010, 07:20 AM
:agree:.....and that after having apparently 'addressing' our goalkeeping problem.

The goalkeeping problem has been addressed - we now have 2 (probably 3) keepers that are better than any of the goalies we've had in recent years*.

*not including Szamotulski although he was a big part of last season's defensive record - he was only short-term.

Can't believe that Jones still gets it in the neck from so many on here.

RIP
21-04-2010, 07:20 AM
I've never met anyone at Easter Road having a pop at big Rob

Mind you the faceless wonders on here are a different story. :greengrin

As for the 'Collins' myth don't make me laugh. No-one has EVER come up with a single shred of evidence of wrongdoing on Jones part. Anyone who says otherwise clearly never met the guy

He had many flaws such as a lack of pace and agility but he was still better in the air than anyone at the club presently, the best 'last man' stopper we've had in decades and part of one of the tighest defences in the SPL.

Ian Murray is my favourite player but I have to watch him getting slower with age as the seasons pass. For 29 - Rob was a good stopper for Hibs and a loyal servant

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Questionable attitude and loyalties if you believe all that went on when Collins was manager.

If you believe all you read/hear that went on during the "revolt" you'd be pretty stupid IMO.

matty_f
21-04-2010, 08:49 AM
The goalkeeping problem has been addressed - we now have 2 (probably 3) keepers that are better than any of the goalies we've had in recent years*.

*not including Szamotulski although he was a big part of last season's defensive record - he was only short-term.

Can't believe that Jones still gets it in the neck from so many on here.

If you believe all you read/hear that went on during the "revolt" you'd be pretty stupid IMO.

:agree: on both accounts.

scoopyboy
21-04-2010, 08:54 AM
I think Hibs may get an amount of money with Scunny staying up.

Part of the transfer as well as appearances.

Same with Shiels, Murphy and Fletcher.

Obviously lost out with Murphy and Fletcher.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Unless we are due to get another add-on payment from Scunny for Jones, now that they have stayed up, I don't see the point in this thread really. The original posting, although well meant, just seems to have been the first serve in yet another round of gobsh*te tennis.

hibsbollah
21-04-2010, 08:57 AM
I think Hibs may get an amount of money with Scunny staying up.

Part of the transfer as well as appearances.

Same with Shiels, Murphy and Fletcher.

Obviously lost out with Murphy and Fletcher.

Thats good small-print work if so, because Jones has missed more games than he's played this season. Good work Rod:top marks

edit-having just checked that, im talking pish. But he has missed most of the run-in.

basehibby
21-04-2010, 09:16 AM
nope, just pish

Scuthorpe would have been runaway favourites to go down. It's a big achievement for them to have stayed up and I'd be surprised if Jones has not made a significant contribution to them doing so.

A lot of posters seem to have an over-inflated idea of the quality of English football whereby they seem to think that our best players couldn't cut it in the english 2nd tier. They are well wide of the mark IMO and the majority of them post as if they have never seen an English game outside of the telly - they post as if the highlights packages represent the standards you would expect to see over the 90 mins IMO.

Love the Green
21-04-2010, 09:20 AM
nope, just pish

AYE RIGHT ....could do with him now compared to some of the fannies we are playing in the team.

"keep the faith":wink:

marinello59
21-04-2010, 09:26 AM
AYE RIGHT ....could do with him now compared to some of the fannies we are playing in the team.

"keep the faith":wink:

Love the Green yet quite happy to throw personal abuse at our current players. Beats me.

Caversham Green
21-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Until last Saturday, Scunny were comfortably the worst team I'd seen here this season (apart from Reading under Rodgers of course). I fear two better sides are going down.

Jonesy played well enough though and was head and shoulders above the rest of the side - physically and metaphorically.

Toaods
21-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Until last Saturday, Scunny were comfortably the worst team I'd seen here this season (apart from Reading under Rodgers of course). I fear two better sides are going down.

Jonesy played well enough though and was head and shoulders above the rest of the side - physically and metaphorically.

...ahhhh, a large slice of reality. :thumbsup:

killie-hibby
21-04-2010, 01:09 PM
IMO Rob Jones has been our best CH since John McNamee. Perhaps he would have received less criticism from Hibs supporters if while at ER a decent goalkeeper was behind him.

seanraff07
21-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Jones must be playing when available i'm sure as he's captain.