PDA

View Full Version : Mark Brown ???

yekimevol
20-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Having a look at the subs bench and he is not even on that in the last few games. what is his story is he alive ? dead ? worse than zibi ?

seanraff07
20-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Having a look at the subs bench and he is not even on that in the last few games. what is his story is he alive ? dead ? worse than zibi ?

He's injured, apparently.

Bayern Bru
20-04-2010, 07:28 PM
I swear this is asked once every two days. Have we all lost the ability to read the messageboard beyond the first few topics?

:cool2:

Jonnyboy
20-04-2010, 07:28 PM
I swear this is asked once every two days. Have we all lost the ability to read the messageboard beyond the first few topics?

Did you not post this two days ago?

:greengrin

Alfred E Newman
20-04-2010, 07:53 PM

Did he trip over Deeks dug? :dunno:

PeterboroHibee
20-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Such a ridiculous signing by Yogi, was confused at the time why we needed 5 keepers, and to not even give Brown a chance, when tbf he prob should have the amount of rotation theres been..

Really think the right signings in January could have pushed us on a bit, obv United have been in really good form but we could have at least been competing with them instead of having a total collapse.

J-C
20-04-2010, 08:52 PM

So what's happened to Brown then ? :greengrin

Jonnyboy
20-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Have I missed something?

Have we signed Mark Brown?

Who? News to me :greengrin

lapsedhibee
20-04-2010, 09:31 PM

Admins, he swore. :rules:

Bayern Bru
20-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Admins, he swore. :rules:

What's that bunch o' pricks going to do about it? :greengrin

So what's happened to Brown then ? :greengrin

He can't gee up Bamba, he doesn't have a dog-botheringly high voice and he's not 6'6 and very laid back.

He's not injured at all, he's just too normal.

Bookkeeper
20-04-2010, 11:17 PM
He can't gee up Bamba, he doesn't have a dog-botheringly high voice and he's not 6'6 and very laid back.

He's not injured at all, he's just too normal.

:faf: Always thought there were a lot of seagulls around when we used to play motherwell - then realised it was Smith.

kaimendhibs
20-04-2010, 11:56 PM

:cool2:icial

Its a bit rude if we have to rely on fans websites for player info. Official site or EEN could at least give us a clue. Mare chance of finding shergar imo:confused:

Bayern Bru
21-04-2010, 12:11 AM
icial

Its a bit rude if we have to rely on fans websites for player info. Official site or EEN could at least give us a clue. Mare chance of finding shergar imo:confused:

:confused:

Well the reason I know Brown is injured is from the EEN, so I guess it was just a small piece a while back?

You make a good point though, but it's not the first - nor I suspect the last - time that something similar will happen.

scoopyboy
21-04-2010, 05:57 AM

No apparently about it, he is injured.

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2010, 07:29 AM
Such a ridiculous signing by Yogi, was confused at the time why we needed 5 keepers, and to not even give Brown a chance, when tbf he prob should have the amount of rotation theres been..

Really think the right signings in January could have pushed us on a bit, obv United have been in really good form but we could have at least been competing with them instead of having a total collapse.

There might be 5 on the books but we've only got 3 1st team keepers, a young laddie learning his trade and Maka. Maka will be on his way out in the summer.

When he signed Brown, Smith was the goalie with Flynn as his back up as Stack was injured (in fact some folk on here said he was going to have to retire due to injury). Presumably Yogi thought we needed another keeper as we were down to the bare bones and I agreed with him. Now that Stack's fit again and back as number 1 it could look like we have too many goalies but with Brown being injured we're back down to one on the pitch and one on the bench.

I'm delighted we've got 3 goalies of that standard TBH.

bighairyfaeleith
21-04-2010, 07:37 AM
There might be 5 on the books but we've only got 3 1st team keepers, a young laddie learning his trade and Maka. Maka will be on his way out in the summer.

When he signed Brown, Smith was the goalie with Flynn as his back up as Stack was injured (in fact some folk on here said he was going to have to retire due to injury). Presumably Yogi thought we needed another keeper as we were down to the bare bones and I agreed with him. Now that Stack's fit again and back as number 1 it could look like we have too many goalies but with Brown being injured we're back down to one on the pitch and one on the bench.

I'm delighted we've got 3 goalies of that standard TBH.

Absolutely, now if we could only have three right backs we'd be sorted :wink:

basehibby
21-04-2010, 10:26 AM

Lets REALLY think about this - 2 good proven keepers became available at the same time at an affordable price in January in Smith and Brown.
At that time we had arguably 1 good keeper, 1 who's probably on his way out the door and one unknown youngster.
OK - right now that means we have an excess of keepers - but what about next season??? Would the likes of Smith and Brown still be available then??? I doubt it. Other likely contenders? Who knows!
So - next season we are likely to have three good keepers securely on our books all fighting for the jersey which is surely a good place to be isn't it?!?

Re the RB situation - I would also have loved to see a quality RB signed in January and am aware that strenuous efforts were made to sign both Darren Barr and a highly rated youngster from Man Utd which didn't come off.

So - should Hughes have tried to sign someone mediocre instead - along the lines of Van Zanten for example??? Sure that would have been handy for this season, but then we may have been stuck with a mediocre player on the wage bill for the next 2-3 seasons after - does that sound like such a good idea now?

As far as signings are concerned I've been very happy with Hughes performance so far which seems to go along the lines of dross out - quality in, and I hope he carries on along those lines.

Where he really needs to prove himself right now is in his ability to turn around the alarming form slump which has struck the team over the last couple of months. Brown was signed for the next couple of seasons IIRC and will surely have his part to play once fit.

Thecat23
21-04-2010, 10:57 AM
I'll be honest i don't rate Brown at all, and i think Smith and Stack are far better keepers. Just my opinion though!

Craig_in_Prague
21-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Strange to think we've probably 3-4 well paid keepers, yet we don't have our RB, LM, RM, DM, CH positions properly sorted out.

Paying the guy a wage prob Jan - July, before we even see him in action in a pre-season friendly. :rolleyes:

Steve20
21-04-2010, 11:37 AM
I would have Brown and Smith fighting for the number one slot next season, as I don't rare Stack at all. However, it looks like Yogi thinks Stack is a better option than Smith.

portyfelly
21-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Have I missed something?

Have we signed Mark Brown?

Is that the son of James??

he's not injured ... he feels Good! I know he should:thumbsup:

Bayern Bru
21-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Is that the son of James??

he's not injured ... he feels Good! I know he should:thumbsup:

I heard he's got a brand new (glove) bag.

I'll get my coat.

seanraff07
21-04-2010, 05:44 PM
I think Smith and Brown should be our two keepers next season.

Whether that's the case or not i haven't a clue.:greengrin

smurf
22-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Strange to think we've probably 3-4 well paid keepers, yet we don't have our RB, LM, RM, DM, CH positions properly sorted out.

Paying the guy a wage prob Jan - July, before we even see him in action in a pre-season friendly. :rolleyes:

I reckon this Goalkeeping School nonsense (sorry but for a club our size it is a nonsense...) must be costing the club around 500K a year.

Mental.

Velma Dinkley
22-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Stack was out indefinitely with a back injury and maka had persistent hamstring injuries so it's obvious why we got brow, or so you'd have thought!

sahib
22-04-2010, 06:10 PM
I reckon this Goalkeeping School nonsense (sorry but for a club our size it is a nonsense...) must be costing the club around 500K a year.

Mental.

Of course it is. This goalkeeping School is just a cover story. I bet we don't have one next season. :agree: