PDA

View Full Version : Clydesdale YPOTY

Westie1875
19-04-2010, 07:01 PM
I see David Goodwillie has won this award, how many goals has he scored this season compared to Stokes?

http://www.snspix.com/prints-33333/19-04-10-clydesdale-bank-player-of-the-year-awards-gallery.html?pn=2&so=2&sci=1271703441&gid=33333 (http://www.snspix.com/prints-33333/19-04-10-clydesdale-bank-player-of-the-year-awards-gallery.html?pn=2&so=2&sci=1271703441&gid=33333)

Answered my own question, 8 spl goals compared to Stokes 19 :faf:

Anyone know when the proper awards (players and writers) are dished out? :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2010, 07:02 PM
I see David Goodwillie has won this award, how many goals has he scored this season compared to Stokes?

http://www.snspix.com/prints-33333/19-04-10-clydesdale-bank-player-of-the-year-awards-gallery.html?pn=2&so=2&sci=1271703441&gid=33333 (http://www.snspix.com/prints-33333/19-04-10-clydesdale-bank-player-of-the-year-awards-gallery.html?pn=2&so=2&sci=1271703441&gid=33333)

Anyone know when are the proper awards (players and writers) are dished out? :greengrin

Crazy decision. What Stokes goal was voted goal of the season?

Broken Gnome
19-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Crazy decision. What Stokes goal was voted goal of the season?

Ibrox I'd imagine.

green.and.white
19-04-2010, 07:05 PM
'Rangers boss Walter Smith, captain David Wier and Dudnee Utd youngster David Goodwillie are on hand to pick up their awards'

:bitchy:

Hibercelona
19-04-2010, 07:07 PM
'Rangers boss Walter Smith, captain David Wier and Dudnee Utd youngster David Goodwillie are on hand to pick up their awards'

Maybe he dudnee really win the award?

I'll get my coat...

MacBean
19-04-2010, 07:11 PM
wonder what goal stokes got for goal of the season??

bingo70
19-04-2010, 07:14 PM

Anyone know when the proper awards (players and writers) are dished out? :greengrin

TBF there's more to football than just scoring goals, even for a forward and Goodwillie has been class whenever i've seen him recently, definately going to go on to bigger things IMO.

Doesn't get anywhere near enough stick for his name though.

Hibercelona
19-04-2010, 07:16 PM
He rightfully deserves it for his late match winning goals IMO.

PeterboroHibee
19-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Stokes was by far the best young striker in the SPL this season but oh well. Think the fact Weir won POTY over Davis says it all about the awards!

Del Boy
19-04-2010, 08:05 PM
if it was down to who scored more goals then Kris Boyd would have been POTY :wink:

Goodwillie has looked really good whenever I've seen him so dont see why anyone's that surprised.

Stokes has been good as well btw.

snooky
19-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Personally, I hate any kind of celeb award.
Oscars, Grammies, Emmies, POYA, Knighthoods, etc... :jamboak:

To hell with all those prima donnas. If you must give awards give them to the nurses, the carers, the people who serve the public, some risking their lives for the common good.

Removed
19-04-2010, 08:16 PM

To hell with all those prima donnas. If you must give awards give them to the nurses, the carers, the people who serve the public, some risking their lives for the common good.

:agree: and taxi drivers

.Sean.

Not sure, but if danny bloody Wilson wins YPOTY... :grr:

How the **** can you justify even nominating somebody that has only made 13 appearances, and a good few of them coming from the bench?

Bayern Bru

Someone's jealous! :greengrin

I agree with you to a certain extent. Although it's nice to see players rewarded for hard work, in the past we've seen players rewarded for being diving fuds (in the EPL, e.g. Ronaldo) and the true professionals don't get a look in.

For example I don't suppose Ian Murray was ever considered for POTY when he should have been if you ask me.

Not sure, but if danny bloody Wilson wins YPOTY... :grr:

How the **** can you justify even nominating somebody that has only made 13 appearances, and a good few of them coming from the bench?

He's a talented player - plus he is homegrown talent and that could be what they're after - what other excuse is there for David Weir winning!?

Lovely bloke too - was three or four years below me in school and is a genuinely nice guy as well as being a decent player. I'd rather he won it than Goodwillie if Stokes doesn't get it.

Westie1875
19-04-2010, 08:24 PM
if it was down to who scored more goals then Kris Boyd would have been POTY :wink:

Goodwillie has looked really good whenever I've seen him so dont see why anyone's that surprised.

Stokes has been good as well btw.

Not really a similar comparison though is it as Weir got that.

.Sean.
19-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Someone's jealous! :greengrin

I agree with you to a certain extent. Although it's nice to see players rewarded for hard work, in the past we've seen players rewarded for being diving fuds (in the EPL, e.g. Ronaldo) and the true professionals don't get a look in.

For example I don't suppose Ian Murray was ever considered for POTY when he should have been if you ask me.

He's a talented player - plus he is homegrown talent and that could be what they're after - what other excuse is there for David Weir winning!?

Lovely bloke too - was three or four years below me in school and is a genuinely nice guy as well as being a decent player. I'd rather he won it than Goodwillie if Stokes doesn't get it.
Is he a Bluenose?

Bayern Bru
19-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Is he a Bluenose?

I'm pretty sure he is, but I hope that's not going to colour your opinion?
:cool2:

HarpyHibby
19-04-2010, 09:13 PM
How on earth did Derek McInnes not get MOTY ? :bitchy:

s.a.m
19-04-2010, 10:07 PM

So, which nurse do you have in mind for Young Player of the Year?:greengrin

Toaods
19-04-2010, 10:48 PM

..did Lee Wilkie get an award too...:faf:

Hainan Hibs
19-04-2010, 10:58 PM
..did Lee Wilkie get an award too...:faf:

:faf:

snooky
20-04-2010, 12:57 AM
So, which nurse do you have in mind for Young Player of the Year?:greengrin

The knight nurse of course. :wink:

KWJ
20-04-2010, 06:24 AM
How on earth did Derek McInnes not get MOTY ? :bitchy:

tbh I reckon Smith deserved it. What he's done with the current buns the past two seasons is extremely impressive.

Shocked Stokes didn't get it. Even if Goodwillie has played better, 19 SPL goals for a non OF team is not to be sniffed at. Tremendous feat for a young player.

DG didn't even get a YPOTM ffs. :grr:

rainman
20-04-2010, 07:21 AM

Fair enough.

Will hopefully go some way in making up for what Jocky Scott did to his house.

Pure teckle!

RMG_82
20-04-2010, 07:54 AM

here, here!.......and the chamber maids of greek hotels

RMG_82
20-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Fair enough.

Will hopefully go some way in making up for what Jocky Scott did to his house.

Pure teckle!

What did he do to his hoose? :confused:

My mate likes to refer to him as David Badfanny :faf:

rainman
20-04-2010, 08:06 AM

Aw, it was bad as f***!

"I arrived at Jocky's house. There were no signs of life. I cautiously walked up the garden path to the door and knocked. There was no response. I didn't want to be seen lingering around so I left and started off down the road. Without thinking about it I realised I was heading towards David Goodwillie's house. Maybe David had seen the boss recently and could offer me a clue to his whereabouts.

I wasn't prepared for the sight that greeted me as I approached David's house. I was stopped dead in my tracks by the devastation I was confronted with. A smoldering wreck of a suburban home lay where David's abode had once stood. I looked around the street before walking up the garden path. The door was still in place, so I chapped at it and yelled, 'David....it's Leigh. Are you in there mate?'

I heard movement from inside. 'Leigh? What the **** mate, is he back again? Please....I've had enough....'

He sounded terrified. What on Earth had happened here?

'Dave, it's cool man. I'm on my own. I'm looking for Jocky, have you seen him?'

It was blindingly obvious that he had seen him. The door swung open. United's star striker looked like he'd been terrorised to the point of a mental breakdown. His hair was all over the place, his fake tan was smudged unevenly over his face, and his bloodshot eyes looked like they hadn't closed for more than a blink in days. He looked around anxiously and let me into what remained of his home.

'David, what the **** happened here? It looks like a bomb went off!"

His voice trembled as he replied, 'Leigh, a bomb has gone off. You wouldn't believe what went down here the other night.'

He was shaking like a leaf. We went through to his living room, which was mostly still intact. We sat down, and I asked him what happened.

'Leigh, if I didn't have it on camera you probably wouldn't believe me. Check this out.' He pulled out his phone. 'I had problems recently with someone setting my shed on fire. Probably a mental Dundee fan at the capers.'

I cringed and agreed with him. 'Aye, probably....'

'United got me hooked up with CCTV in case they came back. A few nights ago it caught the guy red-handed. Turns out it wasn't a fan, but your old manager....'

Holy ****. Goodwillie pressed play on his phone's video player. It showed grainy black and white footage from his front garden. At first there was nothing to see, just an empty garden shown from various angles the CCTV cameras picked up on. All of a sudden Jocky flew into view on his jetpack. Goodwillie shuddered. Jocky landed by the front door and started shouting through the letterbox. The CCTV hadn't pick up the sound.

'What was he shouting?'

Goodwillie shook his head. 'Something about United being ***** and Jim McLean ****ging a bear. I was ****ing terrified, Leigh. I was hiding behind the settee hoping he'd go away. He just stood there bellowing about McLean and asking who was in charge.'

The CCTV footage showed Jocky bodypopping and doing "the robot". Credit where it's due, the man's some dancer.

'Check this bit out, Leigh. This bit's ****ing mental.'

As Jocky swaggered around the garden busting out moves something else came into view. Goodwillie looked at me.

'I must be going bonkers, but to me that looks like a flying cat. Is that a flying cat, Leigh?'

Goodwillie wasn't wrong. Jocky the cat flew into view. Jocky the jetpack-flying cat started circling his master and moved his legs into what looked like a martial arts stance. Fans of the Karate Kid would recognise it as "the crane". This was crazy. The CCTV footage showed Jocky taking some sort of package out his holdall. It looked like a shoe box with a wire trailing out it. Jocky placed it on the doorstep and leaned down to the letterbox again. I looked at David. He kept on staring at the screen, but answered the question before I could ask it. 'Happy birthday, *****! Got yi a wee present likes. Wee Jocky wanted tae get yi a jigsaw, but eh thought this wiz better!' I turned back to the screen. The wire trailing out the box was a fuse. Jocky lit it and they quickly flew off out of view. Seconds later there was an almighty flash, and the CCTV footage turned to static.

'He bombed my house, Leigh. That mental ******* bombed my house. I was lucky to get out alive. I phoned the police, the fire brigade and Tannadice. They've seen this footage. A warrant is out for Jocky Scott's arrest.'

I couldn't believe it. Jocky was having problems, but he'd gone too far here. He could have killed David Goodwillie. There was no condoning this behaviour."

:tee hee:

Cocaine&Caviar
20-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Why was Wotherspoon not nominated?

Also, who has Goodwillie scored against? Stokes has scored in loads of big games against big oposition:

Wondergoal at Ibrox
Header vs Hearts
Header in Dingwall
Celtic Away twice
Pittodrie

Keith_M
20-04-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm not really sure but would Stokes not be too old for the YPOTY award?

:dunno:

Anybody know what the age limit is, as well as the respective ages of Stokes and FabbyDick (or whatever his name is)?

Toaods
20-04-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm not really sure but would Stokes not be too old for the YPOTY award?

:dunno:

Anybody know what the age limit is, as well as the respective ages of Stokes and FabbyDick (or whatever his name is)?

you had to be aged 23 or under on or before the official start date of the season.

Although Stokes has done well overall, the votes are meant to be cast over the preceeding 12 months, ie a bit of last season.

Goodwillie broke through at the end and has looked up for it all season, so no surprise he's been handed it.

:greengrin

Ritchie
20-04-2010, 11:17 AM

http://dundeebarryleighgriffiths.blogspot.com/ (http://dundeebarryleighgriffiths.blogspot.com/)

read from the bottom up.... funniest thing ive read in a long time! :faf:

GlesgaeHibby
20-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Why was Wotherspoon not nominated?

Also, who has Goodwillie scored against? Stokes has scored in loads of big games against big oposition:

Wondergoal at Ibrox
Header vs Hearts
Header in Dingwall
Celtic Away twice
Pittodrie

Wotherspoons shot at ER early in the season earned Boruc the save of the year.

Judas Iscariot
20-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Stokes should of walked this!

19 goals so far this season for a "Wee team" that's 4th in the SPL!

Stokes also should be well up in the running for POTY never mind YPOTY!

seanraff07
20-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Fair enough Goodwillie is a decent, young player.

But this season i'd say Stokes has been better.