PDA

View Full Version : under 19s v rangers

oconnors_strip
19-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Hibs under 19s are playing their last game of the season tomorrow at East Mains against Rangers, kick off 1pm

PC Stamp
20-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Hibs under 19s are playing their last game of the season tomorrow at East Mains against Rangers, kick off 1pm

Hibs 0 Rangers 2 FT I'm told.

Golden Bear
20-04-2010, 04:26 PM

And so the misery continues. Thank goodness the end of the season is nigh!

:boo hoo:

berwickhibee
20-04-2010, 04:42 PM

thats not a bad result:agree:

hibs appear to be planning for the next couple of seasons with an abundance of 16 and 17 year olds getting their chance.

matty_f
20-04-2010, 06:19 PM

hibs appear to be planning for the next couple of seasons with an abundance of 16 and 17 year olds getting their chance.

:agree: In contrast to last year's side, this year's average age is much lower.

oconnors_strip
20-04-2010, 06:29 PM
And so the misery continues. Thank goodness the end of the season is nigh!

:boo hoo:

today was their last game of the season.

:agree: yeah thats what we've been doing on and off the field, its been a season of learning and forming a team for next year.

2-0 doesnt give a true reflection of the whole 90minutes. Hibs fielded a very young team as usual, especially compared to Rangers who had 9 players who were part of the team who we beat in the cup final last season. We had a bright start to the game and young Danny Handling who is a striker had a very good game. Sadly we just couldnt test their keeper. Paul Grant was in goals for us and he made a few good saves, he will be the 1st choice keeper for next season.

Toaods
20-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Paul Grant was in goals for us and he made a few good saves, he will be the 1st choice keeper for next season.

I'm not very clued up on the U19's...is Flynn too old?

PC Stamp
20-04-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm not very clued up on the U19's...is Flynn too old?Aye, hence why he was promoted to the first team squad at the end of last/start of this season.

Toaods
20-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Aye, hence why he was promoted to the first team squad at the end of last/start of this season.

yet still not thrown in when the chance arose. Do you think he'll get shown the door at the end of the season?

matty_f
20-04-2010, 06:56 PM
yet still not thrown in when the chance arose. Do you think he'll get shown the door at the end of the season?

I think we probably learned our lesson about throwing young goalkeepers in at the deep end at this particular club after the way the fans hammered McNeill as soon as the chance arose.

Flynn's a good goalkeeper, I wouldn't have put him down as ready for the first team right after coming out of the 19's, but that's not to say that he won't be at the level of a top 6 SPL keeper in the next year or two.

Barney McGrew
20-04-2010, 06:58 PM
yet still not thrown in when the chance arose.

If the game in Perth at the turn of the year hadn't been cancelled because of the snow, he'd have started in that.

oconnors_strip
20-04-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm not very clued up on the U19's...is Flynn too old?

he is on loan at alloa just now

Toaods
20-04-2010, 08:59 PM
I think we probably learned our lesson about throwing young goalkeepers in at the deep end at this particular club after the way the fans hammered McNeill as soon as the chance arose.

Flynn's a good goalkeeper, I wouldn't have put him down as ready for the first team right after coming out of the 19's, but that's not to say that he won't be at the level of a top 6 SPL keeper in the next year or two.

I refer to the cup game when Maka was clearly struggling and Flynn was not put on, despite having a rigorous warm up and getting stripped for action. Give us a break with the McNeill nonsense, he was backed at the outset, it was the Yams that tore the confidence out him after he shat it at Tynie. He was never going to be good enough and where he plays now speaks volumes.

If the game in Perth at the turn of the year hadn't been cancelled because of the snow, he'd have started in that.

...better tell Matty...:devil:

matty_f
20-04-2010, 09:09 PM
I refer to the cup game when Maka was clearly struggling and Flynn was not put on, despite having a rigorous warm up and getting stripped for action. Give us a break with the McNeill nonsense, he was backed at the outset, it was the Yams that tore the confidence out him after he shat it at Tynie. He was never going to be good enough and where he plays now speaks volumes.

...better tell Matty...:devil:

I knew.:cool2:

IMHO, the way that Rangers were playing at that point, chucking Flynn on when Maka had said that he wanted to carry on, could have destroyed his confidence.

Glad to see McNeill's getting his name now, rather than Lofty.

Toaods
20-04-2010, 09:11 PM
I knew.:cool2:

IMHO, the way that Rangers were playing at that point, chucking Flynn on when Maka had said that he wanted to carry on, could have destroyed his confidence.

Glad to see McNeill's getting his name now, rather than Lofty.

who called him that like? sure wouldn't have been me very often, if at all.

I didn't really take the piss, just recognised quickly he was another that wasn't good enough. Proved right since.

matty_f
20-04-2010, 09:15 PM
who called him that like? sure wouldn't have been me very often, if at all.

I didn't really take the piss, just recognised quickly he was another that wasn't good enough. Proved right since.

There were more than a few folk calling him Lofty. I never said you called him it, just making the point that folk were on his back to the point of giving him a sarcastic nickname.

Toaods
20-04-2010, 09:19 PM
There were more than a few folk calling him Lofty. I never said you called him it, just making the point that folk were on his back to the point of giving him a sarcastic nickname.

not that I tend to join in on the 'Mixup', 'Lofty' and 'Static' type names but it doesn't bother me .....just football banter.