PDA

View Full Version : NHC Liverpool v Chelsea v Man Utd

CB_NO3
19-04-2010, 02:14 PM
How do you think Liverpool will approach this game. They probably know they wont make 4th and a Europe League place is about the best they can hope for. Do they lie down to Chelsea and let them win so their great rivals United dont win their 19th title making them the most successfull English team. What are the Liverpool fans saying to this, will they happily accept defeat?.

HibbyAndy
19-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Liverpool wont try a jot against Chelsea if it means them winning the title.

Newry Hibs
19-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Though back in 1995 when Blackburn won the league (with King Kenny in charge) Liverpool beat them 2-1 on the last day. It was only that Man U drew at West Ham that stopped them winning. Not sure that many pool fans would have minded losing though.

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2010, 03:33 PM
This Liverpool fan would be devastated if the Pool happend to beat Chelski and helped U*****d towards the league. But would I want us to lie down.....NEVER.

sambajustice
19-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Liverpool are crap and will lose to Chelsea anyway!! Doesnt matter if they try or not!

HibbyAndy
19-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Liverpool are crap and will lose to Chelsea anyway!! Doesnt matter if they try or not!

:hilarious

HibeeDave
19-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Liverpool are struggling to qualify for the europa cup, so I think they'll go for a win

The Voice Of Reason
19-04-2010, 06:43 PM
This Liverpool fan would be devastated if the Pool happend to beat Chelski and helped U*****d towards the league. But would I want us to lie down.....NEVER.

Well if a team had to beat us to ensure that Hearts didn't win the league.......I would want us to get beat.

No brainer, surely ?!?!? :agree:

Hibercelona
19-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Well if a team had to beat us to ensure that Hearts didn't win the league.......I would want us to get beat.

No chance. :bitchy:

I couldn't give a crap about any other teams Business.

A Hibs win will always mean more to me than a Hearts loss.

I'd still want us to hammer any team that we'd be happening to play on the day.

Reaper
19-04-2010, 08:00 PM

Me too mate :thumbsup:

The Voice Of Reason
19-04-2010, 08:23 PM

So let me get this straight, if a team needed to beat us to ensure that Hearts DON'T win the league, you would still want us to win.

Sorry, but I find that really bizarre from a Hibs fan. :confused: :bitchy: :confused: :bitchy: :confused: :bitchy: :confused: :bitchy:

See - I can use wee smileys too :wink:

Sir David Gray
19-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Liverpool have a job on their hands just trying to qualify for the Europa League so there's no way that they'll deliberately lie down to Chelsea just to spite the champions.

'Mon the Scousers for that game.

Oh and if Hibs had nothing to play for going into the last game of the season and we were playing against Hearts' title rivals and our opponents had to beat us 15-0 in order to pip Hearts to the championship, I would be cheering every single goal against us and if it was 15-0 going into injury time and we got a penalty, I would be praying for the ball to end up in row z.

Since90+2
19-04-2010, 09:28 PM
I'd be VERY surpised if Liverpool were to beat Chelsea and help Man Utd win the league. As mentioned it would make Man Utd more successfull (in domestic terms atleast) and I dont believe playing in the Europa league is that big an incentive as they may want to concentrate on the EPL next year anyway.

Oh and Liverpool are no very good anyway :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
19-04-2010, 10:11 PM
How do you think Liverpool will approach this game. They probably know they wont make 4th and a Europe League place is about the best they can hope for. Do they lie down to Chelsea and let them win so their great rivals United dont win their 19th title making them the most successfull English team. What are the Liverpool fans saying to this, will they happily accept defeat?.

Don't have time for either club, but Liverpool have long ceased to be Manchester United's 'great rivals.'

cabbageandribs1875
19-04-2010, 10:40 PM

if we were safe from relegation then yep :agree: and hopefully by an OG in 90+6 mins

DH1875
20-04-2010, 05:46 PM

:agree::agree::agree:.

If Liverpool win the Europa will they qualify for next season? Rem there was a load of issues when they won the champ league.