PDA

View Full Version : 16 game dip in form

Mikeystewart
19-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Does anyone know when yogi officially came out and said he wanted 3rd compared to when we started going down hill?

rubber mal
19-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Does it really matter? Are you putting three months of crap performances down to one quote from the manager? Prior to him saying that, what did you think the aim was?

Broken Gnome
19-04-2010, 11:44 AM
The thought of a group of players being scared about going toe to toe with Dundee United for 3rd place in the SPL while having to see of Motherwell's challenge for 4th is..... too hideous to even contemplate.

The 'pressure' put on them is not a reason nor an excuse. If they felt pressure from that, they're the type of people that would be scared of milk and not deserving of playing any sport whatsoever.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Does anyone know when yogi officially came out and said he wanted 3rd compared to when we started going down hill?

TBH I don't want to know.:rolleyes:

basehibby
19-04-2010, 12:06 PM

IIRC it was just after a run of three wins - including beating Celtic away and winning 5-1 at home to Hamilton. I didn't think the comment was over the top at the time and still don't now as we were in poll position for third at the time. That said, the slump in form began very soon after.

Reading between the lines I'm not inclined to think any of the players were scared by that challenge - more like some of them started to believe their own hype and took their foot off the gas just enough to lose their edge. I'm hopeful that any such delusions of grandeur have now been blown away and that all of them realise that nothing less than 100% effort will be required right through the team from now til the end of the season and beyond.

ScottB
19-04-2010, 12:15 PM
16 games isn't a dip, that's half a season.

danhibees1875
19-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Or do you mean the lack of ambition to aim for 2nd when we were not far off a poor celtic team that we had just beaten on their own turf had a detrememntal effect on the team and their performance?

Mikeystewart
19-04-2010, 12:53 PM

there was meant to be a hidden joke in there

Mikeystewart
19-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Does it really matter? Are you putting three months of crap performances down to one quote from the manager? Prior to him saying that, what did you think the aim was?

No im not im just stating that it may have started a snow ball effect along with other factors such as injuries player egos bamba to african cup suspensions etc. I wasnt very comfortable with yogi coming out and saying that. he said he wanted the players to rise to the challenge and i think he has his answer now.

Cropley10
19-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Never mind this 13 game nonsense.

What about the beginning of the Season? Bet you weren't complaining then. And we've got 3 more points than we managed all last season already.

basehibby
19-04-2010, 03:01 PM

WTF do you mean 16 games? less of the revisionist garbage please - 13 games since we drew at home to Aberdeen - bad I know but why make it sound even worse unless you've got some hidden yamish agenda :confused:

Cropley10
19-04-2010, 04:05 PM
WTF do you mean 16 games? less of the revisionist garbage please - 13 games since we drew at home to Aberdeen - bad I know but why make it sound even worse unless you've got some hidden yamish agenda :confused:

13 or 16 is still awful, lets not split hairs. Yogi will be praying he gets the same sort of fixture list for next season - although I think we'll get a few more away games to start with, so we can finish the East Stand. And we all know what our away form is like...:boo hoo:

basehibby
19-04-2010, 04:12 PM
13 or 16 is still awful, lets not split hairs. Yogi will be praying he gets the same sort of fixture list for next season - although I think we'll get a few more away games to start with, so we can finish the East Stand. And we all know what our away form is like...:boo hoo:

Aye it's awful, but lets get the facts straight - I'll ask again - why try to make things seem worse than they are unless you have some sort of yamish agenda to stir up trouble???

Malthibby
19-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Cropley10 has no Yammish agenda, he is very Hibby indeed, so let's no' go there.
I'm still a Happy Clapper, bar the rigor mortis that has set in recently, but I can understand why folk are feeling pretty palsied. It has been pretty damn grim of late, & folk have there own take on it.
I'm just looking forward to winning the SC next year.
GG

Cropley10
19-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Aye it's awful, but lets get the facts straight - I'll ask again - why try to make things seem worse than they are unless you have some sort of yamish agenda to stir up trouble???

Well - this Board is now polarised; one half think the Manager is to blame for this appalling run, the other that it's players, the ACN, the pitch, form, injuries - or anything other than the Manager.

What can't be avoided is the 'run' - I agree that mis-stating the genuine facts is suspicious but it's now 2 wins in 14 since the 2 each game with Eberdeen. And we've lost 4 in a row now with the Champions elect on Sunday.

Is there a point when you'll agree he's to blame - what if we don't win another game and end on say 51 points (4 more than last season).

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2010, 04:23 PM

Yip 13 games, and not 3 months either. We played the huns on the 14th of February, thats when the bad run started. If we'd won that day, we would have gone 2nd. Yes its a bad run, nobody can deny it.

KWJ
19-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Well - this Board is now polarised; one half think the Manager is to blame for this appalling run, the other that it's players, the ACN, the pitch, form, injuries - or anything other than the Manager.

What can't be avoided is the 'run' - I agree that mis-stating the genuine facts is suspicious but it's now 2 wins in 14 since the 2 each game with Eberdeen. And we've lost 4 in a row now with the Champions elect on Sunday.

Is there a point when you'll agree he's to blame - what if we don't win another game and end on say 51 points (4 more than last season).

I don't think he's to be excused of any blame. He's in it along with the players. But along with the [B]majority[B] on here I still want him to remain next season.

Thing with the huns away when it started to go wrong, the game can even be cut into the two halves. 1st half we were the good Hibs, 2nd the current woeful outfit.

Cropley10
19-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Yip 13 games, and not 3 months either. We played the huns on the 14th of February, thats when the bad run started. If we'd won that day, we would have gone 2nd. Yes its a bad run, nobody can deny it.

I don't think he's to be excused of any blame. He's in it along with the players. But along with the [B]majority[B] on here I still want him to remain next season.

Thing with the huns away when it started to go wrong, the game can even be cut into the two halves. 1st half we were the good Hibs, 2nd the current woeful outfit.

14 games 2 wins:cool2:

Tell me please - will you still feel the same way if we finish below Hertz and/or out of Europe at the end of the season??

Mikeystewart
19-04-2010, 04:39 PM
I think people may have miss understood my post i if anyone is interested believe yogi needs at least 1 more season to prove his worth, so im not in the get him out now crowd. Also i should have been a bit more specific in the title. Does anyone think yogi challenging the players publicy to get 3rd was detrimental to the team either by:

-players s**ting themselves
-players thinking that they are destined for 3rd and dont have to turn up
-Or maybe it is totally unrelated and they have just gone through a torrid run of form compounded by injuries and suspensions.

I was just looking for peoples opinions not trying to start another witch hunt against yogi or any of the players.

ps should really have just made a poll.

hibsbollah
19-04-2010, 04:43 PM

:agree:It started with the valentines day massacre vs Rangers. IIRC the day before the match I did a poll asking 'would this result define our season'? Unfortunately it has, we lost 1-4 and its been downhill from there:boo hoo:

Cropley10
19-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I think people may have miss understood my post i if anyone is interested believe yogi needs at least 1 more season to prove his worth, so im not in the get him out now crowd. Also i should have been a bit more specific in the title. Does anyone think yogi challenging the players publicy to get 3rd was detrimental to the team either by:

-players s**ting themselves
-players thinking that they are destined for 3rd and dont have to turn up
-Or maybe it is totally unrelated and they have just gone through a torrid run of form compounded by injuries and suspensions.

I was just looking for peoples opinions not trying to start another witch hunt against yogi or any of the players.

ps should really have just made a poll.

All three, I'd say. Compounded by a manager not able to change the outcome...thinking he's cleverer than he is.

In this regard it's JUST like Mixu - a terrible run and no way out of it. It's happened in each of the last 3 seasons now.

basehibby
19-04-2010, 04:46 PM

I have never at any point said that the manager should not take his share of the blame - of course he should.

But equally he should take his share of the credit and that's what some posters are not willing to admit as they take their agendas into action - attempting to change history by denying the manager any credit for our early season form (we were lucky etc :yawn:), hysterically rubbishing the team regardless of their level of performance (witness some of the garbage posted this weekend) and consistently exagerating the (bloody awful anyway) run of form we've seen over the last couple of months.

All that adds up to a constant irritation for some of us - it's obvious from the recent poll thread that the majority on here still support Hughes - so why should we sit back and ignore it when some posters constantly try to undermine the manager by complementing any genuine criticisms they may have with misleading garbage and downright lies???

KWJ
19-04-2010, 05:06 PM

Tell me please - will you still feel the same way if we finish below Hertz and/or out of Europe at the end of the season??

Yes. If that were the case and we continued this run in the first ten games of next season then I'd be :grr:

I don't believe either will happen though.

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2010, 05:22 PM

I have seen enough this season, to be quite happy with it. I dont see hibs qualify for europe, through our league placing very often, and of course i'd be gutted if we did not qualify, but i believe we will, and i believe we will finish above hearts and motherwell.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2010, 05:25 PM
:agree:It started with the valentines day massacre vs Rangers. IIRC the day before the match I did a poll asking 'would this result define our season'? Unfortunately it has, we lost 1-4 and its been downhill from there:boo hoo:

We didn't lose 4-1 on Valentines Day.

bingo70
19-04-2010, 05:38 PM

Seeing as we're talking about hypothetical situations, if we finish above them and we finish 4th will you give Yogi some credit for a succesfull first season and give him a bit of a break next season or is your mind now made up based on what might happen?

Cropley10
19-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Seeing as we're talking about hypothetical situations, if we finish above them and we finish 4th will you give Yogi some credit for a succesfull first season and give him a bit of a break next season or is your mind now made up based on what might happen?

If we finish 4th then Yogi deserves and will get a great deal of credit.

He will then have to start winning games again on a regular basis.

hibsbollah
19-04-2010, 06:01 PM

Yep sorry we lost 3-0 at Ibrox. The point remains the same though, thats when it started.

Cabbage1875
19-04-2010, 06:03 PM

3-0 at Ibrox was it not?

Edit: Oops too late.

bingo70
19-04-2010, 06:04 PM
If we finish 4th then Yogi deserves and will get a great deal of credit.

He will then have to start winning games again on a regular basis.

Do you really believe he'll get a great deal of credit or do you think it'll be the same old people banging on about how we were lucky at the start of the season and focusing more on what happens IF we don't start next season well?

I know what my moneys on.

Cropley10
19-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Do you really believe he'll get a great deal of credit or do you think it'll be the same old people banging on about how we were lucky at the start of the season and focusing more on what happens IF we don't start next season well?

I know what my moneys on.

He would get credit from me! I don't want him to fail. 4th is an improvement, Europe is an improvement.

bingo70
19-04-2010, 06:14 PM
He would get credit from me! I don't want him to fail. 4th is an improvement, Europe is an improvement.

So you'd give him credit for finishing in the position we're in now, with four games left, yet you want him sacked? (apologies if i've picked you up wrong and you don't want rid of him)

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Yep sorry we lost 3-0 at Ibrox. The point remains the same though, thats when it started.

That was definitely the start of the slump.

A lot of folk are claiming it started at the turn of the year though.

hibsbollah
19-04-2010, 06:55 PM
That was definitely the start of the slump.

A lot of folk are claiming it started at the turn of the year though.

I think thats folk trying to paint it as a longer term thing than it is to be honest. We beat hamilton 5-1, celtic 2-1 in glasgow and st mirren in 7 days at the end of January. I was only at the hamilton game but we played well and watched the Celtc game live on TV and it was a good performance there too. I naively thought at that point we would be close to getting 2nd place...:boo hoo:

edit ive just seen the other thread and the same points are getting dealt with there...