PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Stokes to celtic?

CRAZYHIBBY
19-04-2010, 07:47 AM
My mate Kev who works at Celtic park apparently over heard neil lennon tell Charlie Nicholas that if he gets the job full time then Stokes would be one of his first signings,

Mikey
19-04-2010, 07:49 AM
Did your mate Kev tell Neil Lennon that Celtic can't afford him?

H18sry
19-04-2010, 07:51 AM
My mate Kev who works at Celtic park apparently over heard neil lennon tell Charlie Nicholas that if he gets the job full time then Stokes would be one of his first signings,

Why would Lennon and Nicholas be talking after the slaging match they had last week?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8625949.stm

weonlywon6-2
19-04-2010, 08:00 AM

is that the same charlie that has not been seen at darkheed for over 10 years according to lennon the other day???

sounds like pash to me

:bye:

JackRegan
19-04-2010, 08:07 AM

:faf::faf::faf:

Steve20
19-04-2010, 08:10 AM

Nice try. Better luck next time.

Spoonjilloun
19-04-2010, 08:18 AM
i heard a story similar from someone who is friends with garry o'connor. if lennon gets full time job o'connor and stokes to celtic.

Beefster
19-04-2010, 08:45 AM
My auntie's best pal's hairdresser is Neil Lennon's bin man. Lennon told him the same thing when he was picking up Lennon's recycling.

It's true, folks. He's practically away.

noseyhibby
19-04-2010, 08:52 AM

After listening to Lennon being interviewed I noted his belief that Celtic needed a contingent of Scottish/British players: too many soft foreigners apparently. It crossed my mind that Stokes has the quality and would be a likely target. So, I would not be in the least surprised if Celtic came calling, along with a host of other clubs. Stokes with the right attitude and in the right team could be a sensation.

Ritchie
19-04-2010, 08:53 AM
is this after lennon called stokes everything under the sun after his tackle on Nguemo on saturday???

Brizo
19-04-2010, 08:53 AM

:faf::faf:

Based on what I read in the quality press yesterday (the Star) about Lennons relationship with Nicholas theres more chance of Lennon inviting Ian Paisley Jnr for afternoon tea than there is in him confiding with cheeky charlie about soapie transfer targets.

matty_f
19-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Brilliant, as if it's not pish enough having folk hammering every player we have at the moment, we're now getting into silly season with pish rumours.

Deary me.

oldbutdim
19-04-2010, 09:07 AM

Seems that Kev thinks you're a bit gullible.

I'd get another mate.

:agree:

Westie1875
19-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Lennon won't get the job.

WHUHibs
19-04-2010, 11:44 AM
After listening to Lennon being interviewed I noted his belief that Celtic needed a contingent of Scottish/British players: too many soft foreigners apparently. It crossed my mind that Stokes has the quality and would be a likely target. So, I would not be in the least surprised if Celtic came calling, along with a host of other clubs. Stokes with the right attitude and in the right team could be a sensation.

Cant be Stokes the as he is not Scottish or British ,,,phew :wink:

Hermit Crab
19-04-2010, 11:48 AM

What a loady silent night! :faf::faf::faf:

silverhibee
19-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Why would Lennon and Nicholas be talking after the slaging match they had last week?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8625949.stm

:agree::agree::agree:

Bayern Bru
19-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Incidentally, Celtic have offered me £40,000 a week to replace Boruc and Zaluska who are on their way out. As a Scottish lad by birth and a British national, I fit the bill perfectly.

Well, this has got about as much substance as the original "rumour!"
:greengrin

marinello59
19-04-2010, 01:22 PM

:faf: At least finish with FACT.

Moody Mulder
19-04-2010, 01:23 PM
:faf::faf::faf:

for once i agree with you jack !!

steviecarnie
19-04-2010, 01:39 PM
My mate Kev who works at Celtic park apparently over heard neil lennon tell Charlie Nicholas ,

would that be the same charlie nicholas that was on soccer saturday on sky in a studio in LONDON. While we were playing.

KeithTheHibby
19-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Apparently Charlie Nicholas was later spotted enjoying a pint with Kyle Lafferty in the west end of Glasgow.

It's true you know.

HibbyAndy
19-04-2010, 02:09 PM
:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

CB_NO3
19-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Apparently Charlie Nicholas was later spotted enjoying a pint with Kyle Lafferty in the west end of Glasgow.

It's true you know.
HAHA, class. Celtic aint going to qualify for the Champions Leage, crowds have dropped 50%, they paid big money to get Mowbray in, paid alot of money to sack him, spent big money on Keane and Fortune and have just made a loss. I dont think they would have much spare cash to stump up for Stokes. But if they do have 4 million, I suppose we cant start talking.

Jonnyboy
19-04-2010, 02:13 PM

It's true you know.

Yep, I heard that too. Apparently Chas went to wipe a speck of dirt off Laugherty's shoulder and the big hun went down like a sack o' tatties.

Bayern Bru
19-04-2010, 02:14 PM
would that be the same charlie nicholas that was on soccer saturday on sky in a studio in LONDON. While we were playing.

Of course not, don't be daft.
:wink:

CB_NO3
19-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Maybe you are getting mixed up with the Charlie Nicholas that played for Arsenal and not the one that played for Celtic.

sesoim
19-04-2010, 02:33 PM
I'd be shocked if Celtic don't want Stokes.

He's the best finisher in Scotland and he's Irish, enough said.

Hibs On Tour
19-04-2010, 02:37 PM
i heard a story similar from someone who is friends with garry o'connor. if lennon gets full time job o'connor and stokes to celtic.

Least it might stop all the rumours about him coming back here...

Bostonhibby
19-04-2010, 03:03 PM

:bitchy: have they even got a fish man at Darkheid? if not have they got any kind of merchant or supplier who can bring any credibility to this type of rumour? even if they did have the dosh?

lapsedhibee
19-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Maybe you are getting mixed up with the Charlie Nicholas that played for Arsenal and not the one that played for Celtic.

Aren't you getting mixed up with the Andy Gorams that played for the other half of the OFGTF?

Big Frank
19-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Did he pump Joan Collins?

yes or no?

Champagne charlie likes:greengrin

seanraff07
19-04-2010, 03:32 PM

:faf:

Gerard
19-04-2010, 03:39 PM

I doubt this as Celtic will have to pay a lot of money to make this happen:wink:
G

Eaststand
19-04-2010, 03:43 PM

You've got a mate called KEVIN that works at Celtic Park ......
I've got a strong hunch that there are a few guys called Billy at Ibrox too :agree:

GGTTH

Malthibby
19-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Well done to Crazythibby for posting something which has drawn a completely unanimous response. In this time of conflict & rancour, it makes me feel all warm & cuddly.
GG

FRes Hibbie
19-04-2010, 04:36 PM
To be honest, there's every chance Celtic could be interested in Stokes in the summer however the story behind your particular rumour...

Think Kevin might've been winding you up. :greengrin

Oscar Lomax
19-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Stoke's WILL sign for Celtic in the summer. Ive heard from a reliable source its a done deal.
Zemmama is also of to Anderlecht.
Sad but true.

Albanian Hibs
19-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Stoke's WILL sign for Celtic in the summer. Ive heard from a reliable source its a done deal.
Sad but true.

Because you spelt out WILL in upper case I totally believe you :fibber:

:faf:

bighairyfaeleith
19-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Sad but true.

You forgot to say FACT :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
19-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Sad but true.

Bamba will sign for an EPL club. FACT.

matty_f
19-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Some players will LEAVE, others will ARRIVE.

Defo.:agree:

cabbageandribs1875
19-04-2010, 05:46 PM

i would have disagreed with you, until i saw 'the fact' bit at the end :boo hoo:

should have read the first page first lol

CB_NO3
19-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Sad but true.
They dont even have a manager. What if their new manager has never even heard of Antony Stokes.

Westie1875
19-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Sad but true.

Who?

Zemmama is going nowhere with that injured knee

steviecarnie
19-04-2010, 06:21 PM

That would the same person........ I really hope you were joking with your comment and just failing.:greengrin

Hibercelona
19-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Are you sure he's going to Celtic?

I heard from a distant friend of mine, who heard from his cousin's cousin's step sister who's window cleaner has a son who has a mate, who happens to be a Hearts fan (£10 season ticket holder) that over heard Romanov in the dugout saying that he wants Stokes for next season.

Must be true folks. :boo hoo:

Sylar
19-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Are you sure he's going to Celtic?

I heard from a distant friend of mine, who heard from his cousin's cousin's step sister who's window cleaner has a son who has a mate, who happens to be a Hearts fan (£10 season ticket holder) that over heard Romanov in the dugout saying that he wants Stokes for next season.

Must be true folks. :boo hoo:

Sure he didn't say steaks, with a strong accent whilst taking Nade's half time pie order? :confused:

Brizo
19-04-2010, 06:30 PM

Are you sure it was Kev ? And not one of your other mates at Parkheid , Mick or Declan (stereotype made up name in made up story smiley)

Hibercelona
19-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Sure he didn't say steaks, with a strong accent whilst taking Nade's half time pie order? :confused:

Very possible. :agree:

He may have said something across the lines of.... "This place stinks, i'm gonna pull the plug on these poor deluded fuds".

CB_NO3
19-04-2010, 06:34 PM
That would the same person........ I really hope you were joking with your comment and just failing.:greengrin
:wink:

Alfred E Newman
19-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Worth noting that Stokes best 2 games in recent weeks have been against Celtic. :dunno:

Prof. Shaggy
19-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Worth noting that Stokes best 2 games in recent weeks have been against Celtic. :dunno:

It's worth noting Hibs best two games in recent weeks have been against Celtic.

WindyMiller
19-04-2010, 07:51 PM
CrazyHibby.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fair cheered me up.:faf:

Aubenas
19-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Seems that Kev thinks you're a bit gullible.

I'd get another mate.

Brilliant :top marks:greengrin

snooky
19-04-2010, 08:00 PM
i would have disagreed with you, until i saw 'the fact' bit at the end :boo hoo:

should have read the first page first lol

If all what's being said is true then alas we're really, FACT!

Bayern Bru
19-04-2010, 08:09 PM
I believe dear Anto may be a Celtc fan...does anyone remember a certain Mr Sproule who also seemed to turn it on against his boyhood heroes the Bears?

:cool2:

Oscar Lomax
20-04-2010, 04:20 AM

What to do ? I think he could easily hack the 'Tam McCourt' role at a top four side in the EPL.

ian cruise
20-04-2010, 10:41 AM
was there not a story earlier in the season where stokes cam out and said he wasnt a celtic fan, had not interest in signing for celtic and was a bit sick that everyone presumed this just because he was irish?

only thing is i can't remember if this was an interview or someone who had spoken to him posted it.

even if im wrong, celtic can't afford stokes. i'd be very suprised if this happened.

Franck is God
20-04-2010, 11:33 AM
I heard (in my dream) last night in a conversation with A Ferguson & Ghandi that Hibs are interested in a Barcelona player in the summer although some people on this board might think that he's too small for our team, good left foot though....

jarre1875
20-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Well a Celtc fan at work told me last night that Stokes will sign for them and in return we are going to get Sheridan and O'Dea. I kid you not . All i could say to him was ok then great.

Bayern Bru
20-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Well a Celtc fan at work told me last night that Stokes will sign for them and in return we are going to get Sheridan and O'Dea. I kid you not . All i could say to him was ok then great.

:hyper:

I'd like Sheridan. Not seen enough of O'Dea to comment but that either suggests Bamba's away or maybe even Hogg? :stirrer:

Did your Celtc work colleague happen to utter the word 'FACT' after this or has he just been reading football-rumours.co.uk again? :greengrin

Fergus52
20-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Sad but true.

What's this reliable source?

Betty Boop
20-04-2010, 06:31 PM
was there not a story earlier in the season where stokes cam out and said he wasnt a celtic fan, had not interest in signing for celtic and was a bit sick that everyone presumed this just because he was irish?

only thing is i can't remember if this was an interview or someone who had spoken to him posted it.

even if im wrong, celtic can't afford stokes. i'd be very suprised if this happened.

He is definitely a Celtic fan, according to this article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/football/teams/h/hibernian/8628470.stm

fatbloke
20-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Did he pump Joan Collins?

yes or no?

Champagne charlie likes:greengrin

Why on earth would he want to pump John Collins:greengrin

DH1875
20-04-2010, 08:33 PM

Let me think, Stokes or Sheridan..............................
Not on your nelly, Your talking around about £3million for Stokes. I wouldn't give you two bob for Sheridan.