PDA

View Full Version : Possibly worse than the SPL/SFA???

Peevemor
18-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Le Havre (North of France) were meant to be playing Ajaccio (Corsica) last night. That's a trip (one way) of nearly 800 miles, plaus a bit of mediterranean to cross.

There were no flights from the North of France (in fact anywhere on mainland France at various times) and all the ferries are full (ref. no flights).

Le Havre obviously couldn't make the fixture.

Result - match and 3 points awarded to Ajaccio :wtf:

MWHIBBIES
18-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Le Havre (North of France) were meant to be playing Ajaccio (Corsica) last night. That's a trip (one way) of nearly 800 miles, plaus a bit of mediterranean to cross.

There were no flights from the North of France (in fact anywhere on mainland France at various times) and all the ferries are full (ref. no flights).

Result - match and 3 points awarded to Ajaccio :wtf:That is Bad,do you know if the have/can appeal?

Badge
18-04-2010, 06:41 PM

That's a nonsense. :confused::confused::confused:

Sprouleflyer
18-04-2010, 06:45 PM

Have they no heard of trains and boats?

No excuses on the part of Le Harve, the air chaos has been ongoing for a number of days now :devil:

Bayern Bru
18-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Have they no heard of trains and boats?

No excuses on the part of Le Harve, the air chaos has been ongoing for a number of days now :devil:

:cool2:

Also, it's impossible to actually get to Corsica by train.:agree:

:devil:

PC Stamp
18-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Poor excuse. They could surely have swam it?! :greengrin

lyonhibs
18-04-2010, 07:24 PM
:cool2:

Also, it's impossible to actually get to Corsica by train.:agree:

I don't know about that.

See if you were to get a TGV from Paris, accelerating all the way through Lyon and Marseille, then just created a ramp with the rails off the Cote d'Azur, I reckon an airborne TGV could just about have made it to Ajaccio :greengrin

Nah seriously, an absolutely ludicrous decision by the FFF.

Too much pastis and 2 hour boozy lunches if you ask me!!

Bayern Bru
18-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Poor excuse. They could surely have swam it?! :greengrin

Right enough.

(poor attempt at humour alert)

I suppose they just gave up easily...

I don't know about that.

See if you were to get a TGV from Paris, accelerating all the way through Lyon and Marseille, then just created a ramp with the rails off the Cote d'Azur, I reckon an airborne TGV could just about have made it to Ajaccio :greengrin

That's brilliant. I reckon there's a job in transport redesign for you. :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
18-04-2010, 07:43 PM
That's the trouble with the French - they don't have a word for bureaucracy:wink:

MyJo
18-04-2010, 07:45 PM
If only the SFA where that bad......then we would have got 3 points from St Johnstone :grr:

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2010, 08:01 PM
The African federation ban a team for pulling out of a tournament after 3 people on the team bus are killed in a terrorist attack.

The French FA penalise a club for failure to fulfill a fixture they couldnt get to.

FIFA take years to realise that most of the population of South Africa cant order tickets on line and even if they could most of them cant afford the rediculous ticket prices.

Its good to know that no matter where you go to in the world that the same stupidity is standard throughout football.

Bayern Bru
18-04-2010, 08:19 PM
The African federation ban a team for pulling out of a tournament after 3 people on the team bus are killed in a terrorist attack.

The French FA penalise a club for failure to fulfill a fixture they couldnt get to.

FIFA take years to realise that most of the population of South Africa cant order tickets on line and even if they could most of them cant afford the rediculous ticket prices.

Its good to know that no matter where you go to in the world that the same stupidity is standard throughout football.

I thought stupidity was a prerequisite for working in FAs...? :cool2:

Peevemor
18-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Just a wee correction as my original post was based what I caught while only half watching the tail end of the news.

The match was originally due to be played on Friday night but was postponed until 5.00 tonight due to the flight problems. It's a bit strange that the league acknowledged the problem at the end of last week but not today??

I don't know if le Havre will appeal. The 3 points are very important to Ajaccio who are just above the relegation zone.

http://www.lfp.fr/ligue2/classement.asp

One a side note - it looks like Brest will be promoted. :thumbsup: :tee hee:

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2010, 08:35 PM
I thought stupidity was a prerequisite for working in FAs...? :cool2:

It would appear so

:agree:

Bayern Bru
18-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Just a wee correction as my original post was based what I caught while only half watching the tail end of the news.

The match was originally due to be played on Friday night but was postponed until 5.00 tonight due to the flight problems. It's a bit strange that the league acknowledged the problem at the end of last week but not today??

I don't know if le Havre will appeal. The 3 points are very important to Ajaccio who are just above the relegation zone.

http://www.lfp.fr/ligue2/classement.asp

Good to hear it's not gone tits up for the plucky Bretons. And thanks for keeping us abreast of the current situation.

You're starting to milk it now though.

:greengrin

MyJo
18-04-2010, 09:00 PM

:tee hee: