PDA

View Full Version : Next Big Player to Leave?

since90plustwo
18-04-2010, 02:14 PM
who do you think will be the next big player to go to a bigger club?

Diclonius
18-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Bamba. :boo hoo:

Westie1875
18-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Definitely Bamba

Bob Box Fish
18-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Bamba, other assets- Stokes . . . . Riordan (cant see anyone coming in for him) and Zoumer (always injured). Bout it really. In a few years add Hanlon and Spoony.

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Bamba.

Wotherspiniesta
18-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Bamba, other assets- Stokes . . . . Riordan (cant see anyone coming in for him) and Zoumer (always injured). Bout it really. In a few years add Hanlon and Spoony.

I know. Who would want a 17 goal a season midfielder.

Bamba will most likely move on in the summer.

soupy
18-04-2010, 02:27 PM
:notworthy:Id be very surprised if Stokes is still at Easter Rd next season, hope im wrong tho!!!

Hermit Crab
18-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Have we got a big player? not much evidence of one at the moment:duck:

iwasthere1972
18-04-2010, 02:29 PM

Well it certainly won't be Rankin. :wink:

JohnScott
18-04-2010, 02:39 PM
No offence, this is a wind-up aint it?! :wink:

Sumner
18-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Hope it's Bamba as expected. :agree:

Fear it will be Riordan due to the agendas of Hughes & Petrie. :bitchy:

Removed
18-04-2010, 02:43 PM

What agendas? Are they the same or different :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
18-04-2010, 02:44 PM

what agendas are these ? :confused:

Hermit Crab
18-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Will probably find that very few of our first team move on. Just the dead wood that arent up to the challenge.

Bayern Bru
18-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Probably Colin Nish.

CraigHibee
18-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Will probably find that very few of our first team move on. Just the dead wood that arent up to the challenge.

that would be the majority of the first team at the moment then? :wink:

H18sry
18-04-2010, 02:48 PM
it must be Makalamity :agree: well he is 6foot 4" :devil: :faf::faf::faf:

DH1875
18-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Everyone knows it will be Bamba.
Really hope Stokes and Riordan are here for next season.
Will Zemmama be fit in time for the next transfer window?

Hermit Crab
18-04-2010, 02:58 PM
that would be the majority of the first team at the moment then? :wink:

Every chance :agree:

Eaststand
18-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Probably Colin Nish.

Nishy might be the tallest, but is that the same as being the next big player to leave:cool2:

Dashing Bob S
18-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Who do you think will be the next tiresome Yam fad launched?

soupy
18-04-2010, 03:01 PM

Has he shrunk likes?

Hibs07p
18-04-2010, 03:02 PM

Lee Wallace maybe. :cool2:

matty_f
18-04-2010, 03:13 PM

What agendas are those? :dunno:

H18sry
18-04-2010, 03:23 PM

Has he shrunk likes?

He's in his bare feet :greengrin

jdships
18-04-2010, 04:48 PM

And they are ? :confused:

Removed
18-04-2010, 04:51 PM
What agendas? Are they the same or different :confused:

what agendas are these ? :confused:

What agendas are those? :dunno:

And they are ? :confused:

We're all still waiting. Where are you Sumner :I'm waiti

H18sry
18-04-2010, 04:54 PM
We're all still waiting. Where are you Summer :I'm waiti

Summer's no far away, and the weathers geting better :wink:

Bayern Bru
18-04-2010, 05:06 PM
What agendas?
PETRIE!!
:cool2:

Mikeystewart
18-04-2010, 05:21 PM
We need some big players before they can move but due to goals tally stokes.

keep the faith
18-04-2010, 06:52 PM
We need some big players before they can move but due to goals tally stokes.

:agree: And to be honest, if the offer was good I would be tempted to take the hit on that one - if we can bring the man in your avatar back.

Stokes is a fantastic finisher, but Im not sure if he is good for the morale. His body language is really negative during games and not sure it helps things at times.

If shaking things up and getting some heart back in the team is on the cards then I can see us being tempted to cash in on a Stokes windfall.

As I say, he is a top class striker and it may be a risk/mistake to let him go but I think it is something that Hibs will need to think about and indeed be forced to think about, as I can see clubs coming in for Stokes.

Cropley10
18-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Lee Wallace or Mikey Stewart.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Summer's no far away, and the weathers geting better :wink:

One swallow disnae make a Sumner

Wotherspiniesta
18-04-2010, 07:43 PM
:agree: And to be honest, if the offer was good I would be tempted to take the hit on that one - if we can bring the man in your avatar back.

Stokes is a fantastic finisher, but Im not sure if he is good for the morale. His body language is really negative during games and not sure it helps things at times.

If shaking things up and getting some heart back in the team is on the cards then I can see us being tempted to cash in on a Stokes windfall.

As I say, he is a top class striker and it may be a risk/mistake to let him go but I think it is something that Hibs will need to think about and indeed be forced to think about, as I can see clubs coming in for Stokes.

People seem to forget that Stokes is only 21 years old. For a young guy being just 2 goals off top goalscorer in the league, hardly playing at all last season and playing off scraps from a less then creative midfield he gets too much stick IMO. If we can get him a decent partner up front next season (Garry O'Connor would be ideal) he will get even better. And with a good pre season, he will look even sharper.

Selling Stokes at this time would be a huge mistake IMO and we shouldn't be accepting any offers less than £5m.

HibeeDaz6270
18-04-2010, 07:51 PM
People seem to forget that Stokes is only 21 years old. For a young guy being just 2 goals off top goalscorer in the league, hardly playing at all last season and playing off scraps from a less then creative midfield he gets too much stick IMO. If we can get him a decent partner up front next season (Garry O'Connor would be ideal) he will get even better. And with a good pre season, he will look even sharper.

Selling Stokes at this time would be a huge mistake IMO and we shouldn't be accepting any offers less than £5m.

£5million is a ridiculious valuation in my opinion. Why just because he plays for Hibs should he be worth £5million.

If he played for even Dundee Utd, the team sitting in 3rd, He would be worth £1million or so. Look at Gomis for example. talk of £800k for him, If he played for us, we would see him as a £3million player.

Even if Stokes was at celtic or rangers, it would be difficult for him to ever be worth more than £5million.

I think at this time £5million is a very unrealistic valuation. I think £2million is realistic. Another good season, and then we can maybe say £3million. This says alot about Hibs, as if he was at any other SPL club he would never be valued at this kind of money. We certainly get top dollar for our players.

£5million is over the top for a player who has had 1 good season for an SPL side.

Wotherspiniesta
18-04-2010, 08:00 PM
£5million is a ridiculious valuation in my opinion. Why just because he plays for Hibs should he be worth £5million.

If he played for even Dundee Utd, the team sitting in 3rd, He would be worth £1million or so. Look at Gomis for example. talk of £800k for him, If he played for us, we would see him as a £3million player.

Even if Stokes was at celtic or rangers, it would be difficult for him to ever be worth more than £5million.

I think at this time £5million is a very unrealistic valuation. At this time, i think £2million or so is realistic. Another good season, and then we can maybe say £3million. This says alot about Hibs, as if he was at any other SPL he would never ever be valued at this kind of money. We certainly get top dollar for our players.

£5million is over the top for a player who has had 1 good season for an SPL side.

We are in a position where we don't need to sell players and along with Bamba, Stokes is our main asset. The reason Gomis is only worth 800k is because Dundee Utd are not in as good a financial position to negotiate a bigger fee.

I'm not saying he is worth £5m at this point in his career, but he's our top scorer and has as much potential as Fletcher did, with more of a goalscorers instinct. Players like that are priceless.

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 08:03 PM

I think at this time £5million is a very unrealistic valuation. I think £2million is realistic. Another good season, and then we can maybe say £3million. This says alot about Hibs, as if he was at any other SPL club he would never be valued at this kind of money. We certainly get top dollar for our players.

Why was Gordon sold to Sunderland for £9M if he only plays for Hearts?

Why does every player that sits on the bench for the OF get sold for more than they were sold to the OF for?

Stokes is still just 21, but aswell as scoring 21 goals for us in less than a season, he has played at youth level for Arsenal, scored 14 goals in 16 games for Falkirk at the age of just 17. And he has also played in the Premiership for Sunderland and has also played for Sheffield United and Crystal Palace. Is that not enough for a player at the age of just 21 who is only going to get better, to be valued at £5M?

What would you accept for such a talented young player?

HibeeDaz6270
18-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Why was Gordon sold to Sunderland for £9M if he only plays for Hearts?

Why does every player that sits on the bench for the OF get sold for more than they were sold to the OF for?

Stokes is still just 21, but aswell as scoring 21 goals for us in less than a season, he has played at youth level for Arsenal, scored 14 goals in 16 games for Falkirk at the age of just 17. And he has also played in the Premiership for Sunderland and has also played for Sheffield United and Crystal Palace. Is that not enough for a player at the age of just 21 who is only going to get better, to be valued at £5M?

What would you accept for such a talented young player?

how many goald did he score at sunderland, palace and sheffield united?

He struggled down there. He has had 1 good season. So if hes worth £5million now, say he was to have another good season, how much is he worth then?

Be realistic. He is never a £5million player, At this time your looking at £2- £2.5million, that is realistic.

Also what players at the old firm sell for £5million + that have come from other spl teams?

If stokes was sold to celtic/rangers for £5million, His valuation would never exceed much more than that. He could score 25 goals at the old firm and his valuation would not increase much more than £5million.

He is not a £5million player simple as that. If Dundee Utd bought Stokes rather than us, we would laugh in there fans faces if they were to say he was a £5million striker. Especially based on 1 good season in the SPL.

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 08:21 PM
how many goald did he score at sunderland, palace and sheffield united?

He struggled down there. He has had 1 good season. So if hes worth £5million now, say he was to have another good season, how much is he worth then?

Be realistic. He is never a £5million player, At this time your looking at £2- £2.5million, that is realistic.

Also what players at the old firm sell for £5million + that have come from other spl teams?

If stokes was sold to celtic/rangers for £5million, His valuation would never exceed much more than that. He could score 25 goals at the old firm and his valuation would not increase much more than £5million.

He is not a £5million player simple as that. If Dundee Utd bought Stokes rather than us, we would laugh in there fans faces if they were to say he was a £5million striker. Especially based on 1 good season in the SPL.

When you sign for the OF basically your price tag automatically goes up by £1M, no matter how often you play and how well you play.

It's not just players at the OF that have signed from another SPL club though, it's just OF players in general, it was on the BBC Sport website a few days ago that Liverpool have joined the race to try and sign Danny Wilson for £3M, if Stokes is rated at £2M-2.5M, then how on earth can i guy that's played 14 league games his whole career be worth £3M?

bingo70
18-04-2010, 08:23 PM
When you sign for the OF basically your price tag automatically goes up by £1M, no matter how often you play and how well you play.

It's not just players at the OF that have signed from another SPL club though, it's just OF players in general, it was on the BBC Sport website a few days ago that Liverpool have joined the race to try and sign Danny Wilson for £3M, if Stokes is rated at £2M-2.5M, then how on earth can i guy that's played 14 league games his whole career be worth £3M?

When you sign for a bigger club your worth more money, it's just the way it is, we benefit from it as well.

There's talk of Bamba going for £1.5-£2m, yet we got him for about £50k only a couple of seasons ago.

HibeeDaz6270
18-04-2010, 08:28 PM

Danny Wilson has played champions league football. His valuation is purely based on potential. He is also a centre half, and for a centre half to have played as much as he has at his age is very impressive. I dont think you can compare him to Stokes to be honest. Stokes has had a crack down england already, and did poorly. He has since had 1 season to get his career back on track.

Of course if you sign for the old firm in MOST cases your valuation increases. My point though, There is a limit to the valuation of a player playing in the SPL. I believe that if we value Stokes now at £5million, wether he plays for us or anyone else in scotland, He will struggle to ever exceed such a valuation.

We need to be realistic, he is not a £5million player, he has had 1 good season in the spl since being pretty poor down in england.

You cannot compare Stokes to Craig Gordan either. Craig Gordan is a goalkeeper, and scotlands no.1.

Craig Gordans had and has potential to be 1 of the best goalkeepers in the world, Stokes as a striker is not and never will be in that category.

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 08:31 PM
When you sign for a bigger club your worth more money, it's just the way it is, we benefit from it as well.

There's talk of Bamba going for £1.5-£2m, yet we got him for about £50k only a couple of seasons ago.

Good point but whenwe signed Bamba he had only played in Division 1 in Scotland at the highest level, he hadn't proved himself in the SPL. And if you want to receive millions for a player in Scotland then they have to have proven themselves in the SPL, i believe Bamba has done that.

And Wilson hasn't played for any other club apart from Rangers at a proffesional level, i don't understand how a player that's played 14 games in the SPL his whole career can be worth £3M.

bingo70
18-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Good point but whenwe signed Bamba he had only played in Division 1 in Scotland at the highest level, he hadn't proved himself in the SPL. And if you want to receive millions for a player in Scotland then they have to have proven themselves in the SPL, i believe Bamba has done that.

And Wilson hasn't played for any other club apart from Rangers at a proffesional level, i don't understand how a player that's played 14 games in the SPL his whole career can be worth £3M.

pretty sure Bamba played for Dunfermline in the SPL the season they got relegated

HibeeDaz6270
18-04-2010, 08:36 PM

Because he plays with Rangers. Also has been watched by various scouts from top clubs and rated very highly. To be honest, you cant value him much less. The clubs that are interested in him are not bottom half premiership clubs , they are amongs the biggest and best clubs in England. When clubs like this are after a player, then they must be worh something. He has also played in the champions league and done fantasticly well since he has came in for Rangers. Playing as a centre half at his age, and doing as well as he has done is v.impressive, and much different from someone coming in and playing upfront.

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Danny Wilson has played champions league football. His valuation is purely based on potential. He is also a centre half, and for a centre half to have played as much as he has at his age is very impressive. I dont think you can compare him to Stokes to be honest. Stokes has had a crack down england already, and did poorly. He has since had 1 season to get his career back on track.

Of course if you sign for the old firm in MOST cases your valuation increases. My point though, There is a limit to the valuation of a player playing in the SPL. I believe that if we value Stokes now at £5million, wether he plays for us or anyone else in scotland, He will struggle to ever exceed such a valuation.

We need to be realistic, he is not a £5million player, he has had 1 good season in the spl since being pretty poor down in england.

You cannot compare Stokes to Craig Gordan either. Craig Gordan is a goalkeeper, and scotlands no.1.

Craig Gordans had and has potential to be 1 of the best goalkeepers in the world, Stokes as a striker is not and never will be in that category.

My point being is that i also think £5M for Stokes is a bit far fetched.

But no matter what position you play in, a player that has played 14 games for an SPL club should definitely not be worth £3M. But you are rating Stokes at a lower price than Wilson. Fair enough he looks to be a decent player but what if he can't cut it in the Premiership? After scoring goals for fun in the SPL at a struggling team when he was just 17, the same age as Wilson, Arsenal didn't sell Stokes to Sunderland for £3M did they? They didn't sell him for that much cause he hasn't proven himself at a high level. Wilson hasn't proven himself at a high level yet either.

Like you say he has played in the Champions League but did he prove himself? Not really IMO, as Rangers whole team was complete gash this season in the Champions League and were torn apart at home to both Unirea Urziceni and Sevilla. A player worth £3M who has only played in a couple of games in the Champions League as proof that he has played at a high level, should not be letting a Romanian team tear his defence which he is part of, apart at home.

Gordon is what age now.. about 26? Stokes is 5 years younger than that so you can claim that he still has more time to fulfill his potential.

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 08:43 PM
pretty sure Bamba played for Dunfermline in the SPL the season they got relegated

Right enough he did, yet he must not have proven himself much if his club were relegated that season and wasn't signed by a bigger club that summer. But then proved the next season that he had potential and he was bought by a bigger club. He has now proven himself in the SPL therefore i believe he should be bought by a bigger club for a bigger price, around the category you mentioned earlier.

HibeeDaz6270
18-04-2010, 08:47 PM
My point being is that i also think £5M for Stokes is a bit far fetched.

But no matter what position you play in, a player that has played 14 games for an SPL club should definitely not be worth £3M. But you are rating Stokes at a lower price than Wilson. Fair enough he looks to be a decent player but what if he can't cut it in the Premiership? After scoring goals for fun in the SPL at a struggling team when he was just 17, the same age as Wilson, Arsenal didn't sell Stokes to Sunderland for £3M did they? They didn't sell him for that much cause he hasn't proven himself at a high level. Wilson hasn't proven himself at a high level yet either.

Like you say he has played in the Champions League but did he prove himself? Not really IMO, as Rangers whole team was complete gash this season in the Champions League and were torn apart at home to both Unirea Urziceni and Sevilla. A player worth £3M who has only played in a couple of games in the Champions League as proof that he has played at a high level, should not be letting a Romanian team tear his defence which he is part of, apart at home.

Gordon is what age now.. about 26? Stokes is 5 years younger than that so you can claim that he still has more time to fulfill his potential.

If the same clubs were chasing stokes, I would not value him less than Wilson. The facts are though, Danny Wilson has been watched by scouts by top clubs in europe and rated v.highly. I can guarantee you these scouts would not even look at Stokes. Different positions, different players. Danny Wilson is seen to have the potential to be a top centre half for 1 of the biggest clubs in England. Im afraid Stokes has potential, but i cant see the likes of Liverpool, Man united or Tottenham being after him. So we have a striker with potential to play in the premiership, but i personally cant see him being a top striker. Where as Danny Wilson is said to have potential not to just play in the premiership, but to play for 1 of the best and biggest clubs in the premiership.£3million for a player at his age, who has played 1st team football for rangers aswell as playing in the champions league + the fact he is so highly thought of by top clubs seems very fair to me.

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Because he plays with Rangers. Also has been watched by various scouts from top clubs and rated very highly. To be honest, you cant value him much less. The clubs that are interested in him are not bottom half premiership clubs , they are amongs the biggest and best clubs in England. When clubs like this are after a player, then they must be worh something. He has also played in the champions league and done fantasticly well since he has came in for Rangers. Playing as a centre half at his age, and doing as well as he has done is v.impressive, and much different from someone coming in and playing upfront.

Fair enough but who has he actually defending against?

Big huddys from the SPL on a weekly basis. He hasn't yet proven that he can defend well against top quality strikers. He has came up against Fabiano and Kanoute at the best and he and his fellow defenders were taken the mickey out of. I think if Liverpool or another big Premiership team were to sign him then they'd be taking a very big gamble. Even Barry Ferguson for example, he started playing for Rangers at a young age and played many seasons in the SPL for them, reaching the goalscoring charts, was good at defending also, played in many European matches, 82 actually, the most a Scottish player has ever had. He was then sold to Blackburn for £7.5M but he was murder, proved that he wasn't yet ready to take that bigger step and his spell there was then ruined by injury aswell. So it comes to show that just because your prove yourself in the SPL and European competitions it doesn't always mean your going to be able to cut it in the Premiership.

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 08:51 PM
If the same clubs were chasing stokes, I would not value him less than Wilson. The facts are though, Danny Wilson has been watched by scouts by top clubs in europe and rated v.highly. I can guarantee you these scouts would not even look at Stokes. Different positions, different players. Danny Wilson is seen to have the potential to be a top centre half for 1 of the biggest clubs in England. Im afraid Stokes has potential, but i cant see the likes of Liverpool, Man united or Tottenham being after him. So we have a striker with potential to play in the premiership, but i personally cant see him being a top striker. Where as Danny Wilson is said to have potential not to just play in the premiership, but to play for 1 of the best and biggest clubs in the premiership.£3million for a player at his age, who has played 1st team football for rangers aswell as playing in the champions league + the fact he is so highly thought of by top clubs seems very fair to me.

Could probably relate to that with my last post, Ferguson was also highly rated back in 2003 but look what happened to him then.

HibeeDaz6270
18-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Could probably relate to that with my last post, Ferguson was also highly rated back in 2003 but look what happened to him then.
Barry Ferguson was NOT murder for Blackburn Rovers, far from it. I dont know where you have got this opinion from?

He is also now playing with Birmingham who are 9th or something just now.

Like i say, If big clubs are after a player, his valuation will be more. The fact that some of the biggest clubs in england are after Danny Wilson i dont think you can value him much less to be honest.

Rangers actually turned down a bid of around £1million for him from spurs i believe. This was before he even played 1st team football. Its all about potential. And Danny Wilson is said to have potential to play for 1 of the best clubs in Britain. Liverpool, Man United, Spurs and even chelsea i believe were all interested.

Stokes has potential, but he doesnt have clubs like that chasing him.

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Barry Ferguson was NOT murder for Blackburn Rovers, far from it. I dont know where you have got this opinion from?

He is also now playing with Birmingham who are 9th or something just now.

Like i say, If big clubs are after a player, his valuation will be more. The fact that some of the biggest clubs in england are after Danny Wilson i dont think you can value him much less to be honest.

Rangers actually turned down a bid of around £1million for him from spurs i believe. This was before he even played 1st team football. Its all about potential. And Danny Wilson is said to have potential to play for 1 of the best clubs in Britain. Liverpool, Man United, Spurs and even chelsea i believe were all interested.

Stokes has potential, but he doesnt have clubs like that chasing him.

Well i'm going by the fact that he played only 36 games in all competitions after spending two season at them, and then ended up back at Rangers. Going by that i wouldn't say he had a very successful spell there. Yes i agree he has definitely proven him 2nd time round in the Premiership at Birmingham, but that's after going back to Rangers.

What i'm saying is Ferguson more than proved himself in the SPL and Europe for Rangers yet didn't really pull it off in his first spell in England. he then went back to rangers to get some first team football under his belt again, and he's reaping the awards for it now.

Speedy
18-04-2010, 09:10 PM

Potential. Why has Smalling signed for Man Utd for £8m or whatever it is? Why did Man Utd pay so much for Rooney?

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Potential. Why has Smalling signed for Man Utd for £8m or whatever it is? Why did Man Utd pay so much for Rooney?

Well Smalling has already played 10 times for Fulham and Rooney had played for Everton and obviously scored a few aswell, so they had already both proven that their capable of playing at a high level at a young age, for me Danny Wilson has yet to do that therefore shouldn't be worth as much as £3M.

Speedy
18-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Well Smalling has already played 10 times for Fulham and Rooney had played for Everton and obviously scored a few aswell, so they had already both proven that their capable of playing at a high level at a young age, for me Danny Wilson has yet to do that therefore shouldn't be worth as much as £3M.

I disagree. I think they were both far from proven but they both showed potential, which imo is why there was such a high price paid for them.

Mibbes Aye
18-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Well i'm going by the fact that he played only 36 games in all competitions after spending two season at them, and then ended up back at Rangers. Going by that i wouldn't say he had a very successful spell there. Yes i agree he has definitely proven him 2nd time round in the Premiership at Birmingham, but that's after going back to Rangers.

What i'm saying is Ferguson more than proved himself in the SPL and Europe for Rangers yet didn't really pull it off in his first spell in England. he then went back to rangers to get some first team football under his belt again, and he's reaping the awards for it now.

He had a bad knee injury there which explains the lack of games.

I think some saw his desire to go back to Rangers as worth criticising, and many wanted him to fail at Blackburn, but in truth he seemed to do alright there.

Speedy
18-04-2010, 09:21 PM
They got him on a pre contract for zilch.

Really? I was sure there was some high prices being banded about, I may be wrong though.

Wotherspiniesta
18-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Really? I was sure there was some high prices being banded about, I may be wrong though.

No idea mate, I only thought that because they got him outside the transfer window. But some reports said they paid around £7m for him. Very strange :confused:

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 09:26 PM
No idea mate, I only thought that because they got him outside the transfer window. But some reports said they paid around £7m for him. Very strange :confused:

According to his Wiki Blackburn signed him for £7.5M.

Speedy
18-04-2010, 09:31 PM

I would imagine Fulham negotiated for him to stay until the end of the season because they didn't have a replacement lined up. Purely guesswork though.

Oscar Lomax
18-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Bamba. :boo hoo:

Hope so as he is the worst defender in years at Hibs !
Stokes a stick on to join Smeltic....

broonie27
19-04-2010, 01:38 AM
AFAIK Stokes in only on 2 year contract, one of which has already elapsed. Unless he signs a new contract we will definitely be selling him (most likely top celtic) this summer, no question. We just don't let players go on the cheap any more.

Cameron1875
19-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Hope so as he is the worst defender in years at Hibs !
Stokes a stick on to join Smeltic....

yeh i think lennon will try and sign stokes before he is told he's no getting the job.

Pre xmas sol was great but since then has been absolutely gash. At fault for the third goal and just let keane have the freedom of glasgow for the first.
Any bit of trickery has bamba beat.

i'd take 2 million for him in a heartbeat.

RMG_82
19-04-2010, 06:44 AM

2 good seasons

Removed
19-04-2010, 09:49 AM

I'm not letting this go. I want to know what these agendas are.

yekimevol
19-04-2010, 10:10 AM
riordan or bamba:boo hoo:

Westie1875
19-04-2010, 10:21 AM
AFAIK Stokes in only on 2 year contract, one of which has already elapsed. Unless he signs a new contract we will definitely be selling him (most likely top celtic) this summer, no question. We just don't let players go on the cheap any more.

He signed a 3 year deal.

Hibby 2005
19-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Riordan for 250-500,000, Stokes in a years time, Bamba for 1.5 million, Hogg on a free.

mim
19-04-2010, 10:29 AM
One swallow disnae make a Sumner

No, but it can be the start of a very good relationship. :wink:

Removed
20-04-2010, 12:58 PM

I'm not letting this go. I want to know what these agendas are.

Come on Sumner, you can run but you can't hide. Put your money where your mouth is :blah: :blah: :blah:

:I'm waiti :I'm waiti :I'm waiti

Booked4Being-Ugly
20-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Come on Sumner, you can run but you can't hide. Put your money where your mouth is :blah: :blah: :blah:

:I'm waiti :I'm waiti :I'm waitihttp://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/863304-001.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=F5B5107058D53DF5EE44DD4322469AF8D71CEFDF1650D5CF B284899F995A1496E30A760B0D811297

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/863304-001.jpg%3Fv%3D1%26c%3DIWSAsset%26k%3D2%26d%3DF5B51 07058D53DF5EE44DD4322469AF8D71CEFDF1650D5CFB284899 F995A1496E30A760B0D811297&imgrefurl=http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/863304-001/Stone&usg=__pssYIGlc6sHbv49jWAy_yIHP8qY=&h=368&w=462&sz=29&hl=en&start=35&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=rqhZRC7aMwHrJM:&tbnh=102&tbnw=128&prev=/images%3Fq%3DPeeking%2Bthrough%2Bblinds%26start%3D 18%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26ndsp%3D18%26tbs%3Disch:1

Removed
21-04-2010, 09:42 PM
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/863304-001.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=F5B5107058D53DF5EE44DD4322469AF8D71CEFDF1650D5CF B284899F995A1496E30A760B0D811297

Bumpity bump

Oscar Lomax
21-04-2010, 09:49 PM

:thumbsup: Lets hope so mate....

Ed De Gramo
21-04-2010, 10:05 PM
it must be Makalamby :agree: well he is 6foot 4" :devil: :faf::faf::faf:

fixed it for you :wink: