PDA

View Full Version : Derby Suspensions

Frazerbob
18-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Can anyone confirm who is unavailable. As I understand it we have Murray, Bamba, McBride and McCormack suspended.

Hearts going to be without Obua and Kingston. Anyone else?

Diclonius
18-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Can anyone confirm who is unavailable. As I understand it we have Murray, Bamba, McBride and McCormack suspended.

We do?! :bitchy:

hibee_girl
18-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Will Miller not still be suspended too?

Spike Mandela
18-04-2010, 02:21 PM

Thought he'd been suspended since January:devil:

Nope, he only misses the Celtic game.

Westie1875
18-04-2010, 02:21 PM

Pretty sure his was only one match

Will Hearts definitely be missing those players? Isn't it 14 days before the bans kick in which would take you up to the Sunday meaning they'd be free to play in the derby on the Saturday?

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 02:22 PM

Jonsson aswell for Hearts i think, he must miss more than one game cause it was a straight red.

Sir David Gray
18-04-2010, 02:23 PM

Only suspended for one match, which was yesterday.

Unless, of course, he gets a red card next week.

cabbageandribs1875

good, he had a very good game today according to the beeb

Frazerbob
Jonsson aswell for Hearts i think, he must miss more than one game cause it was a straight red.

Does he not miss the next game for the red then his points suspension kicks in 14 days later which would be the SUnday so will play against us?

hibee_girl
Does he not miss the next game for the red then his points suspension kicks in 14 days later which would be the SUnday so will play against us?

:agree:

Frazerbob
18-04-2010, 02:24 PM
good, he had a very good game today according to the beeb

He ripped our defence a new one in the last Derby as well. Shocking since he's totally gash!

Sir David Gray
18-04-2010, 02:24 PM

He will only be suspended for next week against Motherwell.

HibeeMcGinn1
18-04-2010, 03:03 PM
is murray suspended for it?:bitchy:

Sir David Gray
18-04-2010, 03:04 PM

Apparently so. :boo hoo:

HibeeMcGinn1
18-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Apparently so. :boo hoo:

now thats a right pain in the arse :grr::grr::grr:

lyonhibs
18-04-2010, 03:15 PM
I think Driver is out for them as well through injury.

This is no bad thing IMO

JimBHibees
18-04-2010, 04:25 PM

Obua and Kingston arent suspended for the derby.

Billy Whizz
18-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Ian Murray's Hibs career has been littered with suspensions at key moments. I remember him getting sent off at ER a few years ago and missed a semi-final a week later.
He was also suspended at the start of this season. He needs to sort out these stupid bookings that he picks up!

Jamesie
18-04-2010, 05:44 PM
On that basis we're going to be toiling - I think my team would be something like this:

Smith

Hanlon Hogg Thicot McCann

Galbraith Cregg Wotherspoon

Gow (if fit)

Riordan Stokes

It doesn't exactly inspire confidence...

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 05:55 PM
On that basis we're going to be toiling - I think my team would be something like this:

Smith

Gow (if fit)

Riordan Stokes

Especially when the players are all playing on their weaker side.:bitchy::faf:

Alfred E Newman
18-04-2010, 06:09 PM

Smith

Gow (if fit)

Riordan Stokes

I`m saying nothing :offski:

hibsbollah
18-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Thicot always has good games against the Yams:agree:

Westie1875
18-04-2010, 06:16 PM
--------------------Stack---------------------

Wotherspoon----Thicot----Hanlon----Stevenson

Miller---------Cregg------Rankin-----Riordan

---------------Stokes----Nish-------------

Best I could come up with, if Hogg is fit get Thicot in the midfield and drop one of the midgets.

Jamesie
18-04-2010, 06:46 PM
I`m saying nothing :offski:

Let me try that again :greengrin

Smith

McCann Thicot Hogg Hanlon

Wotherspoon Cregg Galbraith

Gow (if fit)

Stokes Riordan

fife hfc
18-04-2010, 07:22 PM
I feel we need to dump this fitting three forwards into the side as that would leave a very understrength defence wide open to attacks. We need to be solid and therefore two out of Deek, Stokes and Nish would drop out for me.

.....................................Smith........ ..........................
McCann......Thicot............Hogg (if fit).........Hanlon.....Stevenson
....Wotherspoon............Miller...............cr egg..............Rankin.....
.......................................Stokes..... ....................................

The back five would not venture forward too much and wotherspoon, miller and rankin working their butts off to support stokes. If we have to go gun ho we have Deek, nish, benji, Galbraith and gow to call on. This is a one off formation to ensure the defence is well protected.

If hogg is not fit then play 4-5-1 with Thicot and hanlon in centre and give young Taggart a start. going by what people have said of him on here, he is aggressive and can put in a tackle. We must be solid at the back to have a chance of winning.

CallumLaidlaw
18-04-2010, 07:27 PM

Smith

Gow (if fit)

Riordan Stokes

neither did the side to face hearts at tynie in the last derby of last year

lyonhibs
18-04-2010, 07:39 PM
--------------------Stack---------------------

Wotherspoon----Thicot----Hanlon----Stevenson

Miller---------Cregg------Rankin-----Riordan

---------------Stokes----Nish-------------

Best I could come up with, if Hogg is fit get Thicot in the midfield and drop one of the midgets.

That back 4 - even more so with Hogg back in it - scares me.

For me:

Smith

McCann Hanlon Thicot Stevenson

Miller Cregg

Wotherspoon Galbraith

Riordan Stokes

Stevenson at left back is literally all that injuries and suspensions have left us with.

McCann at right back is a big risk, and I can see the appeal of putting Wotherspoon there and having one of the cast of hard working midgets come into midfield, but I feel that football is NOT an overly complicated game. Pace on the wings to occupy their full backs, offer a genuine option on the break and track back with 2 strikers playing centrally up front. One passer and one grafter in midfield.

The fortunes of the back 4 I would leave to the big man upstairs, cos that could go either way.

Hainan Hibs
18-04-2010, 07:43 PM
That back 4 - even more so with Hogg back in it - scares me.

For me:

Smith

McCann Hanlon Thicot Stevenson

Miller Cregg

Wotherspoon Galbraith

Riordan Stokes

Stevenson at left back is literally all that injuries and suspensions have left us with.

McCann at right back is a big risk, and I can see the appeal of putting Wotherspoon there and having one of the cast of hard working midgets come into midfield, but I feel that football is NOT an overly complicated game. Pace on the wings to occupy their full backs, offer a genuine option on the break and track back with 2 strikers playing centrally up front. One passer and one grafter in midfield.

The fortunes of the back 4 I would leave to the big man upstairs, cos that could go either way.

I'd go for that team. Best we can hope for I think. Have Cregg put in a few crunching tackles to sort out Stewart and co, and hope Galbraith and Wotherspoon cause trouble on the wing and supply Stokes and Deeko with some chances.

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 07:53 PM
I feel we need to dump this fitting three forwards into the side as that would leave a very understrength defence wide open to attacks. We need to be solid and therefore two out of Deek, Stokes and Nish would drop out for me.

.....................................Smith........ ..........................
McCann......Thicot............Hogg (if fit).........Hanlon.....Stevenson
....Wotherspoon............Miller...............cr egg..............Rankin.....
.......................................Stokes..... ....................................

The back five would not venture forward too much and wotherspoon, miller and rankin working their butts off to support stokes. If we have to go gun ho we have Deek, nish, benji, Galbraith and gow to call on. This is a one off formation to ensure the defence is well protected.

If hogg is not fit then play 4-5-1 with Thicot and hanlon in centre and give young Taggart a start. going by what people have said of him on here, he is aggressive and can put in a tackle. We must be solid at the back to have a chance of winning.

I disagree with one thing, the fact that you have to start Riordan in a derby i'd say.:agree:

Cool_Hand_Luke
18-04-2010, 08:04 PM
I'd go with....

--------------------Smith---------------------
-----------Hogg----Thicot----Hanlon----------
Wotherspoon--------------------------Galbraith
-------------Cregg---------Rankin-------------
---------------------Miller---------------------
---------------Stokes---Riordan/Benji----------

Fergus52
18-04-2010, 09:17 PM
I'd go with....

--------------------Smith---------------------
-----------Hogg----Thicot----Hanlon----------
Wotherspoon--------------------------Galbraith
-------------Cregg---------Rankin-------------
---------------------Miller---------------------
---------------Stokes---Riordan/Benji----------

Galbraith at wing-back?

mjhibby
20-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Thankfully murray is not suspended so not as bad as first feared.With driver out thicot can be at rb with murray lb or if hogg is out at centre half beside hanlon.I suspect though that thicot and murray will be the middle pairing as they always do well against hertz and mccann might come into calculations at rb.A draw would suit us in the derby but if we play as we can a win is there for the taking(poor run of form accepted of course).Feeling a lot more optimistic now murray is free and should celtic not beat the arabs it should be a very interesting game on sunday where we could get at least a point if we show the right attitude.:thumbsup:

If Only
20-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Thankfully murray is not suspended so not as bad as first feared.With driver out thicot can be at rb with murray lb or if hogg is out at centre half beside hanlon.I suspect though that thicot and murray will be the middle pairing as they always do well against hertz and mccann might come into calculations at rb.A draw would suit us in the derby but if we play as we can a win is there for the taking(poor run of form accepted of course).Feeling a lot more optimistic now murray is free and should celtic not beat the arabs it should be a very interesting game on sunday where we could get at least a point if we show the right attitude.:thumbsup:

Is there news regarding Ian Murray not being suspended?

Removed
20-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Is there news regarding Ian Murray not being suspended?

:agree: Back of EEN today. One of his bookings (against falkirk) was only a 1 pointer so he hasn't breached the suspension threshold :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
20-04-2010, 02:06 PM
:agree: Back of EEN today. One of his bookings (against falkirk) was only a 1 pointer so he hasn't breached the suspension threshold :thumbsup:

Does that mean he is a booking away from a ban? Would that be the hearts game?

Sir David Gray
20-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Does that mean he is a booking away from a ban? Would that be the hearts game?

If he gets booked against Rangers on Sunday, he will go through the points threshold but the ban would kick in 14 days after the match.

He would therefore be suspended for the Dundee Utd match on the final day.

monktonharp
21-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Thankfully murray is not suspended so not as bad as first feared.With driver out thicot can be at rb with murray lb or if hogg is out at centre half beside hanlon.I suspect though that thicot and murray will be the middle pairing as they always do well against hertz and mccann might come into calculations at rb.A draw would suit us in the derby but if we play as we can a win is there for the taking(poor run of form accepted of course).Feeling a lot more optimistic now murray is free and should celtic not beat the arabs it should be a very interesting game on sunday where we could get at least a point if we show the right attitude.:thumbsup: thank god for that,cos we need IM for the Derby,but are you hoping we get at least a draw? against that mob,we want a win,not anything less:cool2:

keith196247
21-04-2010, 12:40 AM
thank god for that,cos we need IM for the Derby,but are you hoping we get at least a draw? against that mob,we want a win,not anything less:cool2:
off course we want a win nothing else will do as long as hughes doesent put pish mean nish up front but its a derby and anything goes wont be nearly as bad as *********** might even get 3 points as long as pish is on bench

monktonharp
21-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Idont fancy big nishy for the derby either mate,but if he is on,and we win cos a ball came off his elbow and went in,then fine. I have a feeling that he will start though

Diclonius
21-04-2010, 02:05 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8632519.stm

So all three of our suspended players are out for the derby, whilst their trio manage to miss the games around it, but are fine for the game itself.

Lucky, lucky Yams, as per usual. :bitchy:

flash
21-04-2010, 06:08 AM
off course we want a win nothing else will do as long as hughes doesent put pish mean nish up front but its a derby and anything goes wont be nearly as bad as *********** might even get 3 points as long as pish is on bench

Glad i logged in this morning just to catch this nugget of information. :confused:

basehibby
21-04-2010, 07:19 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8632519.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8632519.stm)

So all three of our suspended players are out for the derby, whilst their trio manage to miss the games around it, but are fine for the game itself.

Lucky, lucky Yams, as per usual. :bitchy:

Thank **** Murray will be available - he's an imensely important player for us and will make a difference - even with him in the side we'll be stretched though - just gld the Yams also have a couple of key players out in Kingston and Obua.

JimBHibees
21-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Thank **** Murray will be available - he's an imensely important player for us and will make a difference - even with him in the side we'll be stretched though - just gld the Yams also have a couple of key players out in Kingston and Obua.

Kingston and Obua can play in the derby.

basehibby
21-04-2010, 05:04 PM

I must have mis-read the article as you are bang on :brickwall

Ach well - big team performance required then!

HibbyAndy
21-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Kingston's utter rank anyway, No losing any sleep over this eejit.

GreenPJ
21-04-2010, 05:39 PM

I agree with that but don't think he has performed well over the last month.

seanraff07
21-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't think Obua is any good, his height is an advantage but that's about it.

And Kingston never looks up to the task anymore.

JimBHibees
21-04-2010, 07:38 PM

Totally agree look at him the wrong way and he pulls a hamstring. Complete wage thief.

EH6 Hibby
21-04-2010, 07:44 PM

To be fair he is about 48 though! :greengrin

Sir David Gray
21-04-2010, 09:54 PM

Unless Ghana has a match planned for that weekend. :greengrin