PDA

View Full Version : Mark Brown

HibeeUnderwood
18-04-2010, 11:41 AM
With no disrespect to Stack or Smith, Am I the only one who thinks that Mark Brown should be given a shot for the final games of the season?

I mean, I can't see us catching Dundee Utd but I don't think Motherwell will overtake us so it might be a chance to see what he is like. :agree:

I'm pretty sure he will feature next season, but what is the guy doing while Stack and Smith are both playing and on the bench? Theres no reserve league anymore so surely its just turning up for training and thats it? That can't be all that much fun.

Do others agree with me or are they happy with the current set up?

johnbc70
18-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Why did Yogi sign him? After being on the bench for 3 years at Celtic wonder if he is happy not even being in the matchday squad or on the bench at Hibs.

A very strange signing but in answer to your question, yes give him some games and lets see if he is better than what we have.

Hibby Bairn
18-04-2010, 12:13 PM
4 goalies in one season. WTF. :cool2:

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2010, 12:23 PM
With no disrespect to Stack or Smith, Am I the only one who thinks that Mark Brown should be given a shot for the final games of the season?

I mean, I can't see us catching Dundee Utd but I don't think Motherwell will overtake us so it might be a chance to see what he is like. :agree:

I'm pretty sure he will feature next season, but what is the guy doing while Stack and Smith are both playing and on the bench? Theres no reserve league anymore so surely its just turning up for training and thats it? That can't be all that much fun.

Do others agree with me or are they happy with the current set up?

Brown is currently injured........

TheMentalHibees
18-04-2010, 12:24 PM
3 goalies signed and nae RB. Go figure. I'd keep Stack in for the rest of the season, nae point in playing musical gloves. ****ed about with the defence enough this season. 3 games isn't enough time for him to stake his claim IMO, no point in throwing him into the firing line when Houdini couldnae get us a win the now.

Mikey
18-04-2010, 12:28 PM
I don't think Motherwell will overtake us

They're 2 points behind us and on a decent run. We've still to play them at Fir Park and they'll have total control of midfield in that match. Just like every other team that plays us does.

I'd still give brown a run out though :wink:

bingo70
18-04-2010, 12:31 PM
3 goalies signed and nae RB. Go figure. I'd keep Stack in for the rest of the season, nae point in playing musical gloves. ****ed about with the defence enough this season. 3 games isn't enough time for him to stake his claim IMO, no point in throwing him into the firing line when Houdini couldnae get us a win the now.

Go figure?...i would have thought it was blatently obvious that he either couldn't find a right back he wanted or couldn't get one he did want.

I'm sure he could have just bought any old pish right back but there wouldn't really have been much point in that.

KWJ
18-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Brown is currently injured........

shhh nobody is listening. :grr:

TheMentalHibees
18-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Go figure?...i would have thought it was blatently obvious that he either couldn't find a right back he wanted or couldn't get one he did want.

I'm sure he could have just bought any old pish right back but there wouldn't really have been much point in that.

So you're saying that

a) Up and down the country, Yogi couldn't find 1 RB that he wanted, or
b) He did, but we couldnt afford them, or they wouldn't come.

Whilst I see your point, it's folly to believe that Yogi couldn't sign an RB in January. He managed to pinpoint and adequately address other areas of the team that were in dire need of seeing to. Whilst Van Zanten was absolutely dire, it was a mistake to let him go with no adequate cover. It's hardly inspiring to think that Yogi let him go without having another player coming in to replace him.

bingo70
18-04-2010, 01:52 PM
So you're saying that

a) Up and down the country, Yogi couldn't find 1 RB that he wanted, or
b) He did, but we couldnt afford them, or they wouldn't come.

Whilst I see your point, it's folly to believe that Yogi couldn't sign an RB in January. He managed to pinpoint and adequately address other areas of the team that were in dire need of seeing to. Whilst Van Zanten was absolutely dire, it was a mistake to let him go with no adequate cover. It's hardly inspiring to think that Yogi let him go without having another player coming in to replace him.

yes.

He was trying to sign a right back, we were close to signing Michael Hart from Preston but i think they changed manager and that deal fell through.

I actually agree about DvZ, i don't think he should have been released either but in Yogi's defence i imagine he didn't imagine Mccans injury problems being as bad as they have been, remember he played in the first game of the season.

sahib
18-04-2010, 04:05 PM
4 goalies in one season. WTF. :cool2:

I heard a rumour that Yogi actually meant to sign Mark Wilson but got confused. No manager at Hibs with our slim resources and no reserve team would intentionally have four first team goalies, so it makes sense. Perhaps TQM or Silver can confirm.

Hibby Bairn
18-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Maybe Brown...or Maka...or Smith....at RB?

To be honest I would rather stick the much maligned Makalamby back in goals. Apart from the 4 he shipped in December to Rangers the stats show he is our most successful goalie at keeping the ball out the net. :agree:

HibbyAndy
18-04-2010, 04:09 PM
They're 2 points behind us and on a decent run. We've still to play them at Fir Park and they'll have total control of midfield in that match. Just like every other team that plays us does.

I beg to differ.

They played against Dundee utd who had 10 men for 80 mins and got beat 3-0..They got beat at home by bottom team Falkirk 1-0...They lost 2-1 to celtc in midweek.

On a decent run they most certainly are not..can you imagine if that was Hibs, the outroar on here?

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 04:13 PM
He tried to get Barr, couldn't get him.

He tried to get Hart, couldn't get him.

But theirs no point in signing any old RB, we made that mistake when we got DVZ.:grr:

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 04:14 PM
I beg to differ.

They played against Dundee utd who had 10 men for 80 mins and got beat 3-0..They got beat at home by bottom team Falkirk 1-0...They lost 2-1 to celtc in midweek.

On a decent run they most certainly are not..can you imagine if that was Hibs, the outroar on here?

And are currently getting beat 2-1 at home to Dundee.Utd, they don't look anything special.

Adding to the fact that we have had a pretty decent record there over the last few years.

HibbyAndy
18-04-2010, 04:16 PM
And are currently getting beat 2-1 at home to Dundee.Utd, they don't look anything special.

Adding to the fact that we have had a pretty decent record there over the last few years.

:agree:

HibbyAndy
18-04-2010, 04:27 PM

And currenlty 3-1 down at home after 50 minutes.

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Motherwell are yet to pick up a point since their 3-0 defeat at Tannadice, hopefully their going down the same route as us.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2010, 04:34 PM
This Motherwell side are tremendous, we cant really expect to beat them for 4th place, its a forgone conclusion they will run away with it.:faf:

HibbyAndy
18-04-2010, 04:37 PM
This Motherwell side are tremendous, we cant really expect to beat them for 4th place, its a forgone conclusion they will run away with it.:faf:

2points clear of Motherwell theres not a hope in hell we will take 4th place.

They have lost 4 on the trot.

Playing *****g shight. Yip ill concede 4th place right now like 90 odd percent of dotnetters.

Cropley10
18-04-2010, 04:40 PM

He who has the last laugh and all that.

We're 2 ahead of Well and 6 ahead of Hertz.

So those 2 games, one home and one away will - probably - make or break our season...

Now that our luck has run out, form's dipped, suspensions and injuries have kicked in it's all come down to these two games.

Will Yogi know what to do - or at least precisely what to say before, during and after these games?