PDA

View Full Version : Support the Team

HamiltonHibee
17-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Every fu**ing week i read the same pish on here, sack yogi, get short of almost everybody and anybody, why dont the real supporters give the manager time support the players we have and the players we bring in and remember no team has ever been built in 8 months so FFS give it a rest and get behind the hibees. Starting to act like the old firm.

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Every fu**ing week i read the same pish on here, sack yogi, get short of almost everybody and anybody, why dont the real supporters give the manager time support the players we have and the players we bring in and remember no team has ever been built in 8 months so FFS give it a rest and get behind the hibees. Starting to act like the old firm.

Definitely agree with the bit in bold in some aspects anyway.

hibernian36
18-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Definitely agree with the bit in bold in some aspects anyway.

Agree SeanRaff !

Diclonius
18-04-2010, 12:24 AM
No, don't be silly. Sack Yogi NOW and remove the entire playing squad, boardroom and owner. I give the next manager 6 months tops to build a team that will challenge the Old Firm, play dazzling sparkling football every week and win the Scottish Cup, otherwise it's not ****ing acceptable.

That's what Big Teams do. :bitchy:

YetholmHibee
18-04-2010, 01:04 AM

Did Jim Duffy & Mixu have enough time - would you say that the board & the supporters should have given them more time . . . .?

Why flog a dead horse . . . .?

Same substitutions & we lose it.

It is not working at all!

The best times for me were under Mowbray & Collins.

:bye: :bye:

HIBERNIALEITH
18-04-2010, 01:22 AM

:agree: Why do the fans not give anyone enough time to try and get a team together? Yes, I am still unsure about Yogi, but 1. who would we bring in to turn it around in "weeks" and 2. please don't bloody say Mowbray as he just happened to say as he was walking out the door that he had unfinished busines!

We are Hibs..we started to support them when they were crap (add any age range you want) we are sometimes scintillating....which makes some fans think we are the best in the world! At the end of the day, we are a team that CAN beat any other team in the league (Europe too) on their day, but realistically we are middle of the road, always will be! I for one will still love them whatever, GGTTH

End of (I suppose)........

YetholmHibee
18-04-2010, 01:40 AM
Hibs bought this mega million pound sports facility to help the players train better in the winter period . . . .

Hibs brought in this up & coming coach to change everything around . . . .

Hibs play there silky football on a cow field . . . .

It is always more achieveable if you are fit . . . Collins proved that :agree:

Sorry but I am not impressed with Hibs or Scottish Football at all.

basehibby
18-04-2010, 03:06 AM
Hibs bought this mega million pound sports facility to help the players train better in the winter period . . . .

Have you been away a long time?

basehibby
18-04-2010, 03:36 AM

:top marks I'm finding .net very tiresome these days - too many posters refusing to see the wood for the trees IMO. We're still in 4th place as I write and probably favourites to still be there on Mon morn. There's everything still to fight for this season - European football is as yet within our grasp - but if you read the threads you'd think that most of the fans had given up!
I think a telling thread though is the sackhim/don't sack him one - 70% backing Yogi on that one would suggest that there's a silent majority out there who have not given up the ghost prematurely on this season.
Blabbing away here on the internet is one thing though - what really matters is the crowd getting behind the team on matchday. And like this virtual ER the loudest at the game are often those with a bone to pick when things aren't going our way.
So here's a message for the silent minority - DON'T BE SILENT - and like the OP says support the team to the hilt - big match coming up against the Huns which they seem to think might be a title party - I'd love to see their party plans wrecked and the fans have a part to play IMO.

Phil D. Rolls
18-04-2010, 07:28 AM

Or even the Yams. :agree:

HFC 0-7
18-04-2010, 07:37 AM

Maybe because thats why we see the same old pish on the pitch each week. Starting to act like the old firm in terms of expectations is no bad thing IMO. If we have high expectations then we should be striving for better, we have low expectations then we will never get better. Look at the Old Firm this season. Worst teams in living memory and they are still up there, they can still go from 2-1 down with their fans on their backs to win the game. Some fans want to progress and will shout about it if it doesnt happen, some fans want to progress but keep quiet. Some fans dont want a bad word said about their team and will defend them and wrap them up in cotton wool and even blame the fans for the poor run stating all the bad press on messageboards like this effects their confidence. Well, if thats the case and the players wont at least try harder for the fans because of what is said then they are not strong enough mentally to keep winning. Yogi talks about it all the time when he says some player need a cuddle, IMO, we have to many of those type of players, we need more players that would print off a page from hibs.net that is slagging the players, stick it up on the message board in the training complex and say, lets prove them wrong, lets show them what we are made of!

weonlywon6-2
18-04-2010, 07:42 AM

all bobby williamson did was run and run the players in training.didnt work out for him.
fit with fight would be better

weonlywon6-2
18-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Maybe because thats why we see the same old pish on the pitch each week. Starting to act like the old firm in terms of expectations is no bad thing IMO. If we have high expectations then we should be striving for better, we have low expectations then we will never get better. Look at the Old Firm this season. Worst teams in living memory and they are still up there, they can still go from 2-1 down with their fans on their backs to win the game. Some fans want to progress and will shout about it if it doesnt happen, some fans want to progress but keep quiet. Some fans dont want a bad word said about their team and will defend them and wrap them up in cotton wool and even blame the fans for the poor run stating all the bad press on messageboards like this effects their confidence. Well, if thats the case and the players wont at least try harder for the fans because of what is said then they are not strong enough mentally to keep winning. Yogi talks about it all the time when he says some player need a cuddle, IMO, we have to many of those type of players, we need more players that would print off a page from hibs.net that is slagging the players, stick it up on the message board in the training complex and say, lets prove them wrong, lets show them what we are made of!

we wish !. they are more likely to think stuff you lot especially if you are a player who does try very hard and gets pelters from fans on here

ALF TUPPER
18-04-2010, 08:00 AM

:top marks Totally Agree. Give Yogi and the team a break. I've seen almost every game this season. Some fantastic stuff and some really dire fitba. They know that. We all know that.... but FFS - We are only 8 months into Yogi's tenure. Give them a break.

The best is yet to come !

Glory Glory :thumbsup:

banarc7062
18-04-2010, 08:45 AM

:top marks

RIP
18-04-2010, 08:57 AM
I am a Hibs Supporter. Nothing more, nothing less. No better a supporter than any other Hibs Supporter

There's a massive difference between being a Hibs Supporter and a faceless wonder on an internet chatroom :wink:

If I'm at the game I can be reasonably confident I have a Hibs fan standing beside me

On a message board - it's anyone's guess:dunno:

Delboy*
18-04-2010, 09:32 AM

Too many fuds

lyonhibs
18-04-2010, 09:41 AM
No, don't be silly. Sack Yogi NOW and remove the entire playing squad, boardroom and owner. I give the next manager 6 months tops to build a team that will challenge the Old Firm, play dazzling sparkling football every week and win the Scottish Cup, otherwise it's not ****ing acceptable.

That's what Big Teams do. :bitchy:

Oh please - give it a rest :yawn::blah:

No-one - or at least no-one with 2 brain cells to rub together - is expecting "dazzling, sparkling football every week" and for Yogi to "win the Scottish Cup"

I suspect Hibs fans have lower basic standards than that, following the years and years (and in some cases years and years and years and years!!) of heartache. I expect the Hibs team - regardless of players or opposition - to play with a bit of heart and commitment, ideally aligned to a modicum of basic technical ability, though - for some players - circumstance obliges me to waive that necessity. Once the players cross the white line, it's up to them to fight for every ball and win their personal battles.

If - for whatever reason - a player is playing badly, and jeopardising the team effort, I expect the Hibs manager to at least have the savvy to notice this and make whatever change he sees fit, quickly enough to actually remedy the situation. And I don't expect said Hibs boss to trot out the same line in the media game after game, week after week, month after month.

After that length of time hearing about "heart, commitment and desire to play for the jersey" and "ah just want to give some of the boys a cuddle sometimes" it just becomes downright patronising to the fans who pay their £ to come along and see some players with no heart, commitment or desire - who need emptied and/or given a boot up the arse - masquerading as football players whilst our season falls apart, not over a period of weeks, but months.

I don't want Hughes/the board sacked, and there are a fair few players in the Hibs squad I would most certainly keep for next season. But from the evidence of the past 3 months, there needs to be a massive shift in mindset and commitment throughout the playing staff and coaching staff, because - right now - those 2 aspects are not good enough at Hibernian Football Club.

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2010, 01:34 PM
:grr:

Agree with near enough all of that. Certainly the sentiment anyway.

To degree though there isnt anything wrong with having certain expectations.

When you look at the players we have, the infrastructure of the club and the fact that we are probably the 4th best supported club in Scotland, we should not be getting humped by Hamilton and put out of the Scottish Cup by a first division team.

And especially not in the manner we were put out. Outplayed for 80% of two matches. Losing to a luck breakaway goal after pummeling them for 90 minutes, yes, but to be outplayed like that was unacceptable.

Yes I went to Dingwall :grr:

No club has a devine right to win stuff and never lose to so called inferior opposition. But unfortunately Hibs have had a habit of punching below their weight for years.

For a club of our size in Scottish terms we dont win enough trophies and we dont qualify for Europe enough.

Three League cups in nearly 40 years, in which time we have been relegated twice ( or is it 3 times, my memory is rubbish these days ) is frankly not good enough.

If you call it 38 years thats 114 competitions we have entered with 3 wins.

In the last 20 years our nearest competitors for European places. Utd, Aberdeen and worse luck even the Yams have done way better than us.

So yes, you can see why your average Hibby gets peed off now and again.

But hey .............. Keep the faith .......... Hibees forever.

:jamboak:

basehibby
18-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Oh please - give it a rest :yawn::blah:

No-one - or at least no-one with 2 brain cells to rub together - is expecting "dazzling, sparkling football every week" and for Yogi to "win the Scottish Cup"

I suspect Hibs fans have lower basic standards than that, following the years and years (and in some cases years and years and years and years!!) of heartache. I expect the Hibs team - regardless of players or opposition - to play with a bit of heart and commitment, ideally aligned to a modicum of basic technical ability, though - for some players - circumstance obliges me to waive that necessity. Once the players cross the white line, it's up to them to fight for every ball and win their personal battles.

If - for whatever reason - a player is playing badly, and jeopardising the team effort, I expect the Hibs manager to at least have the savvy to notice this and make whatever change he sees fit, quickly enough to actually remedy the situation. And I don't expect said Hibs boss to trot out the same line in the media game after game, week after week, month after month.

After that length of time hearing about "heart, commitment and desire to play for the jersey" and "ah just want to give some of the boys a cuddle sometimes" it just becomes downright patronising to the fans who pay their £ to come along and see some players with no heart, commitment or desire - who need emptied and/or given a boot up the arse - masquerading as football players whilst our season falls apart, not over a period of weeks, but months.

I don't want Hughes/the board sacked, and there are a fair few players in the Hibs squad I would most certainly keep for next season. But from the evidence of the past 3 months, there needs to be a massive shift in mindset and commitment throughout the playing staff and coaching staff, because - right now - those 2 aspects are not good enough at Hibernian Football Club.

Ahem - no rewriting of history now - I think you'll find it's a period of TWO months to which you are refering.
In any case, I appreciate that you and many other fans' expectations may be quite reasonable, but that certainly does NOT apply to much of the hysterical pish being posted on this site after EVERY game these days, regardless of the level of performance.
I would take some posters a lot more seriously if they put an iota of thought into it before they started spouting the stream of conciousness gash that sometimes passes for an argument on here. Your post above does not come into that category, but the casual misrepresentation of the facts highlighted is typical of the hysterical pish being spouted elsewhere.

Spike Mandela
18-04-2010, 02:14 PM

Understand your frustration mate but better to aim your flak at an underacheiving bunch of players who can't win a game when it really matters. As soon as any team, from any division puts pressure on us in a game or puts pressure on us via league position this bunch of bottlers fail miserably.

We are all hibby's some are more disgruntled than others but we all support the team. You can blindly support the team week in week out but none of us can be blind to our frailties this year. Yes we can still qualify for Europe this year and I will cheer them on at the games to do so but I fully expect this bunch of players to let us down.

As for team building Yogi has an awful lot of building to do and I doubt he will get sufficient cash to do enough this summer. The new stand is welcome but I'm sure this condems us to another few years of what seems to have been the longest 'transitional period' ever.

lyonhibs
18-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Ahem - no rewriting of history now - I think you'll find it's a period of TWO months to which you are refering.
In any case, I appreciate that you and many other fans' expectations may be quite reasonable, but that certainly does NOT apply to much of the hysterical pish being posted on this site after EVERY game these days, regardless of the level of performance.
I would take some posters a lot more seriously if they put an iota of thought into it before they started spouting the stream of conciousness gash that sometimes passes for an argument on here. Your post above does not come into that category, but the casual misrepresentation of the facts highlighted is typical of the hysterical pish being spouted elsewhere.

This may be nit-picking, but since the beginning of February - the best part of 3 months ago - we have won twice in the league, against the bottom 2 teams. We've also been papped out of the Scottish Cup by a 1st Division club and embarassed at Hamilton and St Johnstone. If we lose to Rangers, that'll be 5 losses on the bounce, and the spell of rank form (and perpetual inability of Hughes/the players to change it) WILL have lasted 3 months.

Anyway, pedantry over, whether its 2 or 3 months, the fact is that it is too long. Too long to have an overrun midfield, too long to have the manager unable to see this and change it accordingly, too long with certain players just plain shirking their duties as professional football players and too long with the manager coming out with the same pish week after week in the media, with generic expressions cut straight from the "What a stupid football fan wants to hear" handbook.

I agree Hughes needs to be given a full pre-season, then - unless things go horribly, horribly wrong - next season to fully get whatever his vision is implemented, but - IMO - he is struggling to get pass marks regarding how he has handled this first, real slump of form.

I just can't see him getting us playing again properly this season, and I hope that's more down to injury/suspension forcing him to play players that won't get a look in next season, as opposed to him not being up to the task, regardless of how many "Man of the People" interviews he gives.

Hakim Sar
18-04-2010, 07:42 PM

agree with you unfortunately mate. its all just got a bit boring

still get a season ticket again tho!!!!! :thumbsup:

basehibby
18-04-2010, 08:32 PM
This may be nit-picking, but since the beginning of February - the best part of 3 months ago - we have won twice in the league, against the bottom 2 teams. We've also been papped out of the Scottish Cup by a 1st Division club and embarassed at Hamilton and St Johnstone. If we lose to Rangers, that'll be 5 losses on the bounce, and the spell of rank form (and perpetual inability of Hughes/the players to change it) WILL have lasted 3 months.

Anyway, pedantry over, whether its 2 or 3 months, the fact is that it is too long. Too long to have an overrun midfield, too long to have the manager unable to see this and change it accordingly, too long with certain players just plain shirking their duties as professional football players and too long with the manager coming out with the same pish week after week in the media, with generic expressions cut straight from the "What a stupid football fan wants to hear" handbook.

I agree Hughes needs to be given a full pre-season, then - unless things go horribly, horribly wrong - next season to fully get whatever his vision is implemented, but - IMO - he is struggling to get pass marks regarding how he has handled this first, real slump of form.

I just can't see him getting us playing again properly this season, and I hope that's more down to injury/suspension forcing him to play players that won't get a look in next season, as opposed to him not being up to the task, regardless of how many "Man of the People" interviews he gives.

:agree: I share your concerns - this has been an alarming slump and if it's not turned around by the end of the season and 4th spot claimed then I too will be wondering if Hughes really has what it takes.

There's still 4 games to go though and it gets my goat that so many posters seem to have given up the ghost already. If I could borrow a cliche or two from Yogi's phrase book - a week is a long time in football and it's all still all there to fight for!