PDA

View Full Version : Are we starting to turn the corner?

bighairyfaeleith
17-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Not been attending much recently because I got so fed up of watching that ****, however having seen us today I thought we played quite well as a unit. Still some sloppy passing and some silly defensive errors but we actually passed our way up the pitch at times. Also, thought Stokes looked quite hungry, riordan has to be played in the middle with him.

Well played to hanlon as he was superb. That turn on Keane was class. I think the guys might just need some belief that they can play football again. Remember when we went to ibrox earlier in the season and we played them off the pitch. That was basically the same bunch of players, this has to be a confidence issue I reckon.

All in all I took more positives from today and I started to think that just maybe we might pick up a few points before the end of the season. I said earlier in the week we would none.

Wasn't at the game today though because I never travel away, so sorry ubers:greengrin

Hibby 2005
17-04-2010, 07:05 PM
No.

bighairyfaeleith
17-04-2010, 07:06 PM
No.

ok sorry:greengrin

Hibby 2005
17-04-2010, 07:09 PM
It was backs to the wall stuff most of the second half.

Wotherspiniesta
17-04-2010, 07:46 PM
It was backs to the wall stuff most of the second half.

You still here?

Shocking that you've not been sussed yet.

To answer the OP, who knows. I thought we would have started turning the corner after the last time we played Celtic at ER. There was a lot more dig about the team and we were unlucky to lose.... but then we followed that up by collapsing against Hamilton. We played well at times again today, and again were unlucky to lose IMO so what team will show up next week? The team that surrenders meekly or the team that plays decent and...still gets beat :boo hoo:

Bad times.

Steve20
17-04-2010, 08:55 PM
No we are not turning a corner. We are pish.

IberianHibernian
17-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Too soon to say if we`re turning a corner but thought there were more positives than negatives albeit against a very ordinary Celtic team ( suspect today may have been our best chance for a win in post split games ) . Suspensions will make it difficult but hopefully players who come in will be out to impress .

noseyhibby
17-04-2010, 10:27 PM
We definitely have NOT turned the corner. Shoddy defending and inconsistency both reared their ugly heads again today.

emmjayfox
17-04-2010, 10:44 PM
I thought some of our play was excellent today and the team looked more confident. maybe if some folk who disagree just now watch it again they might just take the negative specs off and think again. No matter how bad we keep going on about celtic they were the home team with better players than us in their ranks. For weeks now weve had plenty folk on here going on about how many dross players we have but it would seem that when we go to parkhead they seem to expect them to turn into superstars and moan if we get beat :bitchy:

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 12:11 AM
It looked like we might have been turning a corner until i had to suffer watching they last 10 minutes.

vahibbie
18-04-2010, 12:31 AM
No.

Celtic did not hassle us as much as other teams so we got to pass the ball around more.
The only bit of Porkheid which isn't a midden is the playing surface, so we got to pass the ball around a bit more.
Unfortunately dispite appearing to have improved we chucked away a lead to a rank Celtic team in the last 10 minutes.

YetholmHibee
18-04-2010, 01:08 AM
Are we starting to turn the corner?

:faf::faf::faf: . . . .

Dunbar Hibee
18-04-2010, 01:11 AM
I thought we were till the last 10...

EasterRoad4Ever
18-04-2010, 05:25 AM
Celtic are a dreadful side, so no we're not "turning the corner". 2 wins in 14 games (incl defeat to a lower div side in the cup) would be enough to get most managers fired.

KWJ
18-04-2010, 05:40 AM
:yawn:

A dreadful side? They are a poor Celtic side but they are still 2nd in the league and a better side than everyone else bar Rangers. And we were away.

Wouldn't say we are turning a corner but if we can build on that performance against the huns and have the fans behind the team we should be able to give Rangers a game.

Steve-O
18-04-2010, 06:19 AM
More like going round a roundabout. :agree:

shagpile
18-04-2010, 06:30 AM
I, too, thought the performance against celtic at ER was much better & expected a decent result or two before the end of the season but, we have the same players being set out in the same formation so i think what we saw yesterday is as good as it is going to be.
Oddly enough we looked better in midfield without Miller, or perhaps it was that celtics midfield is as bad as ours!

weonlywon6-2
18-04-2010, 07:28 AM
being forever optimistic,i hope we are each week.

wasnt at darkheed yesterday but went into b&q at 2-1 up with 15 mins to go.
was delighted and believed we were looking at a 3-1 win.

came back out, on went the radio and bang,beat again, you would think i would learn!

rangers would have been easier next week if they could have won the league today

Sumner
18-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Are we starting to turn the corner?

no.

Eaststand
18-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Although we got beat in both of the games against the soapdodgers, I thought we played reasonably well at times during the home game against them a couple of weeks ago, and we played some decent stuff at times yesterday. Weatherspoon and Hanlon played well, as did wee Galbraith when he came on cos all 3 players have plenty drive and determination in their game ..... maybe Liam Millers absence wasn't as much of a handicap as most of us thought, cos he's been well off form, and we seemed to have a lot of the midfield yesterday.....but we stil got *** beat :grr:

GGTTH

soupy
18-04-2010, 03:05 PM
i really doubt were turning the corner, hope im proved wrong tho!!!

cmon Hibs:notworthy:

HibbyAndy
18-04-2010, 03:06 PM
i really doubt were turning the corner, hope im proved wrong tho!!!

cmon Hibs:notworthy:

Daes a favour Cha :greengrin

Stop putting this :notworthy:<<<< in everyone of your posts :thumbsup:

killie-hibby
18-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Yes,since February the evidence shows we are definately turning the corner. Just a few more steps and we'll arrive in Apocalypse Street.:devil:

basehibby
18-04-2010, 03:17 PM
If you went by the performance at Parkhead alone then the answer would surely be YES. However, we played well against Celtic a few weeks back only to get hammered at the mighty Hamilton the following weekend so the jury is still out.

If we beat the Huns next weekend to deny them their title party then you would certainly think the corner had been turned, but I'll be more convinced when we start grinding out the points regularly against the lesser lights once again - it's all very well raising your game against the OF but it's the results in the other fixtures which really make the difference when the baubles are being handed out.

I certainly hope that a corner has been turned and believe that Hughes and the players have what it takes to do so - like I said though the jury's still out.

matty_f
18-04-2010, 03:23 PM
The way I see it is that the problems we have lie deeper than anything that can be fixed between now and the end of the season. I think we might get a good performance or two (hopefully in the derby, at least) but we're as likely to produce some stinkers.

We fielded 4 or 5 young players against Celtc, McCormack, Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Stokes, and Galbraith (off the bench) - with the suspensions and injuries we have I think we'll be relying on these guys again to produce the goods, which is a big ask against the top 6 sides.

I've all but written off this season now. I'm hopeful that Yogi will make some big changes to the team through the summer, and that this will make the difference going into the new season.

Cropley10
18-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Not been attending much recently because I got so fed up of watching that ****, however having seen us today I thought we played quite well as a unit. Still some sloppy passing and some silly defensive errors but we actually passed our way up the pitch at times. Also, thought Stokes looked quite hungry, riordan has to be played in the middle with him.

Well played to hanlon as he was superb. That turn on Keane was class. I think the guys might just need some belief that they can play football again. Remember when we went to ibrox earlier in the season and we played them off the pitch. That was basically the same bunch of players, this has to be a confidence issue I reckon.

All in all I took more positives from today and I started to think that just maybe we might pick up a few points before the end of the season. I said earlier in the week we would none.

Wasn't at the game today though because I never travel away, so sorry ubers:greengrin

No. Poor players, some poor attitudes, some poor substitutions against a poor Celtc team. The corner has not been turned, we're actually going round and round in ever decreasing circles.

As Matty has said - write this season off and hope that Yogi can find the 4 or 5 players he needs to complete his rebuilding [and that he then mixes it up a little, makes us less predictable, harder to beat, and so on]

JimBHibees
18-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Thought we played ok yesterday however we need to show it in a string of games to say we have turned any corner. The performances of Hanlon and Wotherspoon were very encouraging.

BroxburnHibee
18-04-2010, 04:43 PM
The only games recently that have shown any hope has been the OF games.

I hold out no hope that the players will lift their games in the other 3.

Still cant see were a point will come from.

bingo70
18-04-2010, 04:47 PM

Your not watching the motherwell game just now then :greengrin

Seriously though, i'm confident we'll get something from the hearts game and i don't see any reason why we can't get something from the motherwell game.

we're not great just now but those two teams are pish as well

HibbyAndy
18-04-2010, 04:48 PM

Hearts at home?

A motherwell side that have lost 5 on the spin?

Just a theory like.

Cropley10
18-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Your not watching the motherwell game just now then :greengrin

Seriously though, i'm confident we'll get something from the hearts game and i don't see any reason why we can't get something from the motherwell game.

we're not great just now but those two teams are pish as well

But from the evidence of the last 3 Derbies why?

bingo70
18-04-2010, 05:36 PM
But from the evidence of the last 3 Derbies why?

Because we're at home and they're pish.

Of course the last derby at E.R didn't go to plan, doesn't mean we'll never beat them again.

Phil D. Rolls
18-04-2010, 06:21 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately it turned out to be [BLANK] or [BLANKS].

woodyloon
18-04-2010, 06:30 PM
I think/hope we will start to get some positive results over the next 3 games, rightly or wrongly I am basing this on the fact our bad run started when Bamba returned from the ANC.

Not saying he is a bad player but it seemed to upset how we were performing finding a place in the team for him on his return.

Like all teams when you are winning the game is easy but when you hit a few bad results thats when confidence becomes a big factor and suddenly players stop playing with freedom and suddenly start thinking to much about the game.

Not trying to blame Bamba for all the bad results just think going back to using a more defensive style player at the back might benefit the team just now.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Since the days of Miller I've heard the phrase so many times I reckon we've supposedly done enough turns to make a circle. But perhaps in reality we've only turned the corner 3 times :wink: