PDA

View Full Version : referee

andyhibs
17-04-2010, 07:02 PM
thought he had a good game today

ronaldo7
17-04-2010, 07:20 PM
:agree: This board would have gone into meltdown if Brines/Richmond had been there today. I thought the ref had a very good game and only hope he goes from strength to strength.

Well done:top marks

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Best whistler we've had against the Old Firm for ages.

matty_f
17-04-2010, 07:36 PM
I was shouting at him (from my living room!) because he wasn't giving us many free kicks, but then I thought about it and he was much the same with Celtc. I thought he let the game flow relatively well, and he wasn't the centre of attention unlike some of the other refs.

Had to laugh when the third goal went in, because when they showed the replay and it looked like the boy was offside, my 6 year old boy shouted "referee - you ******ing idiot!" :faf:

He got a row for it (my son, not the ref) but it was only after I'd composed myself from laughing. God only knows where he's picked that up from!!:cool2:

andyhibs
17-04-2010, 07:40 PM
I was shouting at him (from my living room!) because he wasn't giving us many free kicks, but then I thought about it and he was much the same with Celtc. I thought he let the game flow relatively well, and he wasn't the centre of attention unlike some of the other refs.

Had to laugh when the third goal went in, because when they showed the replay and it looked like the boy was offside, my 6 year old boy shouted "referee - you ******ing idiot!" :faf:

He got a row for it (my son, not the ref) but it was only after I'd composed myself from laughing. God only knows where he's picked that up from!!:cool2:
kids of today eh , i blame the parents:grr:

SidBurns
17-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Stephen was my Mentor at my Referee course, good guy and good ref, hope he makes it to the very top

Hibercelona
17-04-2010, 09:04 PM
If we weren't given a pen, people would be on here saying what an erse he was.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-04-2010, 09:14 PM
If we weren't given a pen, people would be on here saying what an erse he was.

And he would've been an erse as his colleague gave a penalty against Stokesy for the same situation a couple of weeks ago.

He gave the penalty, so he wisnae an erse :greengrin

zlatan
17-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Should have sent Stokes off tbf

givescotlandfreedom
17-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Should have sent Stokes off tbf

What for? I thought the ref wasn't too bad though missed a lot of their defenders bear hugging our attackers througought the game.Also the linesman in the first half seemed to miss a few Celtc offsides and was a lot sharper in the second half. I've not had the benefit of replays though and didn't see a foul for the penalty though Stokes was manhandled in the box in the first half.

zlatan
17-04-2010, 10:19 PM
What for? I thought the ref wasn't too bad though missed a lot of their defenders bear hugging our attackers througought the game.Also the linesman in the first half seemed to miss a few Celtc offsides and was a lot sharper in the second half. I've not had the benefit of replays though and didn't see a foul for the penalty though Stokes was manhandled in the box in the first half.

That tackle on N'Guemo was an absolute shocker. Was a very lucky little chap to stay on for it.

givescotlandfreedom
17-04-2010, 10:25 PM
That tackle on N'Guemo was an absolute shocker. Was a very lucky little chap to stay on for it.

I thought the ref could've given three clear bookings he didn't for fouls and that was one of them. As I say though I was in the worst away end in the SPL for views and had no replays etc so could be wide of the mark. I laughed at half time when they showed their goal on the screen but were too petty to show ours :dummytit: Maybe they thought if they didn't show it it never happened :greengrin