PDA

View Full Version : Where were you today?

Pages : [1] 2

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Just home. Well done to every fan that made the effort and applauded the performance. There's no disgrace in coming from behind and loosing at Parkhead to a late offside goal with an under strength side. I love the fact .net has so many armchair fans who sit on their arse when the team needs them most then proceed to come on and slate the team despite the fact alot of posters don't even bother their arse to make the effort. Fair enough if you don't have the money but Hibernian FC need all the support that's possible at the moment and to simply stay away because you can't be arsed and because it's on the tele etc is shocking, especially when you consider alot of posters on here were greeting when they couldn't get Ibrox tickets first time round. I'm with a few regular .net posters and we all share the same sentiments.

Billy Whizz
17-04-2010, 03:38 PM
I was at the game today. Lowest Hibs support I can ever remember at Parkhead. Couldn't be any more than 200/300 today.

Dombie
17-04-2010, 03:38 PM
I was auditioning for the x factor. I didn't get thru. Face didn't fit what they were looking for.

Barney McGrew
17-04-2010, 03:40 PM
I was in my front room watching it on Sky

TheEastTerrace
17-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Just home. Well done to every fan that made the effort and applauded the performance. There's no disgrace in coming from behind and loosing at Parkhead to a late offside goal with an under strength side. I love the fact .net has so many armchair fans who sit on their arse when the team needs them most then proceed to come on and slate the team despite the fact alot of posters don't even bother their arse to make the effort. Fair enough if you don't have the money but Hibernian FC need all the support that's possible at the moment and to simply stay away because you can't be arsed and because it's on the tele etc is shocking, especially when you consider alot of posters on here were greeting when they couldn't get Ibrox tickets first time round. I'm with a few regular .net posters and we all share the same sentiments.

They don't deserve our support, wage thieves. It works both ways mate. Why should I shell out £100 of my hard earned cash to watch these journeymen turn in half-arsed performances each week? I'm not just talking about today; bar the first few months of this season, we have been rank rotten for the last three seasons and I've had it. If it doesn't make me a Hibby in your eyes, then so be it. I paid my dues when I sat through the years of dross Alex Miller and Duff Jim trotted out, but at least the players gave a ****. Now, I see laughing and joking; a sheer lack of professionalism. Sorry, had it. :grr:

noseyhibby
17-04-2010, 03:42 PM
. I love the fact .net has so many armchair fans who sit on their arse when the team needs them most then proceed to come on and slate the team despite the fact alot of posters don't even bother their arse to make the effort.

You, sir, are out of order. I didn't go to the game for many reasons, one being financial, which you do at least acknowledge. I take offence at the self-righteous attitude of those that go to games and elevate themselves above others. :bitchy:

Jay
I was at my sons game - semi final, went to extra time and they came away winners.

A much better option methinks.

noseyhibby
They don't deserve our support, wage thieves. It works both ways mate. Why should I shell out £100 of my hard earned cash to watch these journeymen turn in half-arsed performances each week? I'm not just talking about today; bar the first few months of this season, we have been rank rotten for the last three seasons and I've had it. If it doesn't make me a Hibby in your eyes, then so be it. I paid my dues when I sat through the years of dross Alex Miller and Duff Jim trotted out, but at least the players gave a ****. Now, I see laughing and joking; a sheer lack of professionalism. Sorry, had it. :grr:

:agree:

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 03:43 PM
There was barely a hundred of us. ****ing apalling support. Unbeleivable the amount of 'die hard' fans who sat on the laptop posting and watched the game, then proceed to slate the team. Why should the team bother their arse and put the effort in when the fans don't?

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 03:45 PM

:top marks.. i was at the game today, shocking Hibs crowd and the atmosphere wasn't the best either.

At least we didn't boo the team of the pitch and applauded them.

matty_f
17-04-2010, 03:45 PM
I just stayed in and had a biiig ****.

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 03:46 PM
I was at my sons game - semi final, went to extra time and they came away winners.

Thats fair. Don't get me wrong i'm not getting at the fans who have work, family commitments and money problems etc it's the supporters who sit in when they can easiy go that really make me rage. They are most probably the same fans that scramble for Tynie and cup final tickets.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 03:47 PM

Nobodys forcing you to go?

PISTOL1875

Spot on.. Why should we shell out £30-£40 quid to go and support a bunch of guys who have no fight and after last weeks performance seem , want to have a laugh and a joke and are clearly more interested in worrying about there night out then us , the fans who pay there wages...

seanraff07
I can totally understand people not going to the game for different reasons, money especially as i suffer from that problem quite regularly.

But surely more than 200 Hibs fans couldve made the trip, it was embarresingly bad.

Brooster
17-04-2010, 03:48 PM
I agree with sean. Too many experts on here when hibs are actually playing.

TheEastTerrace
17-04-2010, 03:48 PM
There was barely a hundred of us. ****ing apalling support. Unbeleivable the amount of 'die hard' fans who sat on the laptop posting and watched the game, then proceed to slate the team. Why should the team bother their arse and put the effort in when the fans don't?

Because they are in the extremely lucky position of being able to play football for a living, something some of us dreamed of as kids, and are paid rather handsomely for the privilege. That money comes from our pockets, so why should we not demand some bloody accountability from them if they are not turning in professional performances??

Hibercelona
17-04-2010, 03:49 PM

You, sir, are out of order. I didn't go to the game for many reasons, one being financial, which you do at least acknowledge. I take offence at the self-righteous attitude of those that go to games and elevate themselves above others. :bitchy:

Both types of fans annoy me.

The ones that bleat on about being a better fan because they go to every game, and the other set that make up pathetic excuses not to go.

Now I know that alot of people can't afford to go to games, but others can afford it, but will use finances as an excuse not to go anyway. Others will go to the games, but not to actually support the team, but so they can run back on here later and rattle on about how "great" they are. :yawn:

Heres my true honest reason for not going.....

I couldn't be arsed.

End of story.

Ritchie

sorry uberfan

CallumHibs07

Why should the fans bother their arse when the team don't?

The fans don't have to support Hibs, but it's the players' jobs. If the fans don't care then that's up to them, it's ridiculous you saying the players shouldn't bother because the fans don't.

TheEastTerrace
17-04-2010, 03:50 PM
I just stayed in and had a biiig ****.

:faf:

marinello59
Uber fans do my nut in.

seanraff07
Because they are in the extremely lucky position of being able to play football for a living, something some of us dreamed of as kids, and are paid rather handsomely for the privilege. That money comes from our pockets, so why should we not demand some bloody accountability from them if they are not turning in professional performances??

We need to remember though were Hibs, we shouldn't always demand an awful lot, were turning into the OF with the stick the manager gets and that a lot turn on the team if things are going badly.

Ritchie
I agree with sean. Too many experts on here when hibs are actually playing.

THIS IS A HIBS MESSAGE BOARD..... What do you want from here????

Jay
17-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Thats fair. Don't get me wrong i'm not getting at the fans who have work, family commitments and money problems etc it's the supporters who sit in when they can easiy go that really make me rage. They are most probably the same fans that scramble for Tynie and cup final tickets.

To be honest if you take away people who have work, family commitments and money problems you would be lucky to get a hundred fans. An away day to Parkhead isn't the cheapest and most people already make family sacrifices just to get to ER. To ask/expect people to make that extra commitment when the game is on the telly and the added hassle of an early KO given our current form is maybe just a step too far for most.

Even if my son hadn't been playing I wouldn't have gone.

TheEastTerrace
17-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Nobodys forcing you to go?

True, and I'm choosing not to at the moment. Doesn't mean I don't care.

Www1875hfc
17-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Ah couldnt be arsed.
Last weeks performance made my mind up.

TheEastTerrace
17-04-2010, 03:55 PM
We need to remember though were Hibs, we shouldn't always demand an awful lot, were turning into the OF with the stick the manager gets and that a lot turn on the team if things are going badly.

I don't disagree with you, but here's my point. I think we should be able to demand the players put in a graft and shift each week, showing some commitment to the club. I just don't see that with the current crop.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 03:58 PM
I don't disagree with you, but here's my point. I think we should be able to demand the players put in a graft and shift each week, showing some commitment to the club. I just don't see that with the current crop.

I thought the team worked their arse's off today, every one of them.

Hibby70
17-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Why should the team bother their arse and put the effort in when the fans don't?

Coz they get ****in paid handsomely for it?:grr:

Hermit Crab
17-04-2010, 04:01 PM

I was there on the only supporters bus that went through today. Worst support since Aberdeen on monday night about 3 years ago

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 04:01 PM

I definitely agree with that, but i thought we showed a lot more fight today than we have done the last 2 months. I just think that many not turning up to the games that were before isn't going to do us any favours, we need to remember were still in with a shout for Europe, we have a great chance and are still 4th, this is when we really need to get behind the team, our next 4 games are massive and we need just as big a support.

HibbyAl
17-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Why should the team bother their arse and put the effort in when the fans don't?

The team haven't bothered their arse or put in the effort in several games recently. I therefore can't blame any Hibs fan who decided not to go today.

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 04:02 PM
I was there on the only supporters bus that went through today. Worst support since Aberdeen on monday night about 3 years ago

Me too, Leith bus?

I did hear that was the only bus going through, pretty bad considering theirs usually about 3 or 4 i think.

TheEastTerrace
17-04-2010, 04:05 PM
I definitely agree with that, but i thought we showed a lot more fight today than we have done the last 2 months. I just think that many not turning up to the games that were before isn't going to do us any favours, we need to remember were still in with a shout for Europe, we have a great chance and are still 4th, this is when we really need to get behind the team, our next 4 games are massive and we need just as big a support.

I think you've highlighted here why people didn't go today. 2 months is a long time in football and the apathy has set back in. I do honestly hope we qualify for Europe; I just pray that doesn't mask over the need to clear some of the journeymen out.

TheEastTerrace
17-04-2010, 04:06 PM
I thought the team worked their arse's off today, every one of them.

Fair enough, but this hasn't been happening since the early part of the season by and large, and I think the apathy has crept in amongst the support again.

Hibernian Verse
17-04-2010, 04:07 PM
I didn't go, I'm sorry that I'm not as good a human as you.

I've wasted enough money going to away games this season and last week helped me decide that I'm not wasting anymore till I'm confident I'll see a Hibs team that can see out a game.

Hermit Crab
17-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Me too, Leith bus?

I did hear that was the only bus going through, pretty bad considering theirs usually about 3 or 4 i think.

Leith/Carlton. Guaranteed to run to every away game.

basehibby
17-04-2010, 04:08 PM
I don't go to many away games and, as is my custom when we're away and it's on the telly I watched it in the pub. A big :thumbsup: to all you Hibbies that made it through today though - rewarded by a spirited performance I thought (and even if you were not many I could still hear you) - we were pretty close to getting a result there.

I think it's worth mentioning though that I fully intend to make the journey for the midweek match vs Motherwell - might just make or break our season and I want to be there to help push them over the line!

JennaFletcher
17-04-2010, 04:10 PM

Just because some fans go to all the games doesn't mean they should adopt a holier than thou attitude towards those who don't go to them all. Some games I'd much rather watch on TV like the ones at Ibrox or Parkhead because I can't stand going through to Glasgow, sitting in a manky corner and having it take up all my day. If I watch it on TV it means I can fit in my love of Hibernian FC with other commitments I have at the weekend. It does not mean I can't be arsed with Hibernian FC and it does not mean that I'm less of a fan than the people who go to every game - home and away.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Fair enough, but this hasn't been happening since the early part of the season by and large, and I think the apathy has crept in amongst the support again.

More re writing of history, on the 14th of feb, we were 2 points from 2nd.

Lmc2105
17-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Me too, Leith bus?

well done to the leith/carlton bus that went through all credit to you :thumbsup:

pity we couldn't make it but financially it wouldn't be possible for Edin & Livi to provide a bus:boo hoo:just not enough interest am afraid when team play poor the support goes with it can see where people are coming from i think that's the reason there was only 1 bus today

jiggerman
17-04-2010, 04:11 PM
This is simple.

I am a ST holder - I chose not to go because I would rather do other things, played some 5s, hung out with mates and went for a drink - very enjoyable.

Anyone who thinks they have the right to say I am wrong for doing that needs their head checked. I am glad I didn't go in retrospect. Equally, had Hibs won three nil, I could have no complaints.

Attendances will always correlate positively to how the team is playing.

FWIW, Celtic's attendance was more embarrassing if the clips on tv were representative of the rest of the stadium.

I am equally entitled to my opinion of the team as the next fan, just because some go to an away game doesn't make them 'a better fan'! Stupid logic! Incidentally, I made the trip to Hamilton last week :greengrin

J

JennaFletcher
17-04-2010, 04:13 PM

Whats wrong with only going to Tynie and Cup Final games? Some games are much better than others - and much more accesible too.

And also, why is it any concern of yours what other fans choose to do come match day?! I don't get why fans that don't go to the games make you 'rage' - it's none of your business what other Hibs fans or Hibs.net posters say or do on the match day!

emmjayfox
17-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Yip i thought we looked well in periods of the game, we certainly looked a lot more confident and passed the ball around pretty well.Only a bit of bad luck prevented us getting a point and possibly some dodgy substitutions getting all 3 points.

hibiedude
17-04-2010, 04:16 PM

I'll decide how I spend my hard earned cash and trust me it won't be wasted on watching a bunch of tossers who couldn't give **** about there fans.

So that's my reason hope it has your approval :wink:

marinello59
17-04-2010, 04:18 PM

I can't even be bothered scrambling for Tynie and cup final tickets. I did wear a Hibs scarf once but felt that was being a bit obsessive. It doesn't stop me having an opinion though. Williamson must go.:agree:

Perspective
17-04-2010, 04:20 PM
The OP is right, although it will obviously touch a raw nerve with many.

The die-hard core of the support, who go to the games ARE better supporters IMHO because they are the ones putting money into the club on a regular basis. This ensures the club can survive and hope to progress - increased playing budget etc.

That isn't to say those who don't go every week aren't passionate supporters, but those who make the sacrifice more often than not are 'better'.

It annoys me, too, that there are so many experts who form opinions from radio coverage or highlights packages. It's hard enough to judge a live TV game because you can't see the bigger picture. I'm concerned about dropping crowd figures and the growing media-driven trend that says you can be a real punter without going to games (this doesn't apply to Hibees abroad).

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Leith/Carlton. Guaranteed to run to every away game.

Yep that's the one i was on.

HibeeMcGinn1
17-04-2010, 04:25 PM
agree with sean

JennaFletcher
17-04-2010, 04:28 PM

The die-hard core of the support, who go to the games ARE better supporters IMHO because they are the ones putting money into the club on a regular basis. This ensures the club can survive and hope to progress - increased playing budget etc.

That isn't to say those who don't go every week aren't passionate supporters, but those who make the sacrifice more often than not are 'better'.

It annoys me, too, that there are so many experts who form opinions from radio coverage or highlights packages. It's hard enough to judge a live TV game because you can't see the bigger picture. I'm concerned about dropping crowd figures and the growing media-driven trend that says you can be a real punter without going to games (this doesn't apply to Hibees abroad).

So people who go to more games inevitably put more money into the club - agreed. Over the years I've had season tickets and collected a mass of memorabilia/stuff from the shop = putting money into the club. It's when this word 'better' is shoved into the mix, it causes a nerve. No Hibs fan is better than any other. You can be a good Hibby and not go to every game. You can follow them avidly but not be there in attendance for a few games, it doesn't mean that the people who are at every game are better.

I think it's safer to just edge away from the 'better supporter'/'holier than thou' assumptions, I find it's better to brand people who go to every game as the diehard supporter - those who are there through thick and thin in attendance.

Hermit Crab
17-04-2010, 04:28 PM
They are most probably the same fans that scramble for Tynie and cup final tickets.[/QUOTE]

Its always the same and if they dont get them its a disgrace etc etc....:yawn:

MussyHibby
17-04-2010, 04:29 PM

Showing your age son. 19 eh? And he has all the answers. So you didn't have kids to attend to, a wife to please.......the list is endless and I don't have to justify myself to you or anyone. Season has already ended for me although I'll take advantage of my last 2 ST games if that's ok?

You've made comments like this before about how better a supporter you are. See when you're my age and seen what I've seen, we'll have a chat.

:grr:

bawheid
17-04-2010, 04:31 PM
So people who go to more games inevitably put more money into the club - agreed. Over the years I've had season tickets and collected a mass of memorabilia/stuff from the shop = putting money into the club. It's when this word 'better' is shoved into the mix, it causes a nerve. No Hibs fan is better than any other. You can be a good Hibby and not go to every game. You can follow them avidly but not be there in attendance for a few games, it doesn't mean that the people who are at every game are better.

I think it's safer to just edge away from the 'better supporter'/'holier than thou' assumptions, I find it's better to brand people who go to every game as the diehard supporter - those who are there through thick and thin in attendance.

They are "better supporters" though. They pay their money every week, they are there to support the team every week.

I sat on my arse and watched the telly today. I'll make no bones about it. Those that were there today are better supporters than me.

HibeeDaz6270
17-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Okay, so you now need to go to parkhead to watch what has been a abismal hibs side over the last few months, to have an opinion. Its not cheap at all to go to parkhead. £25 a ticket + £10 bus + extras. Your looking at easily a £50 trip. Well done to you for making the trip, and supporting the team, but at this time , £50per person is a hell of a lot of money to go and watch Hibs away from home.

I can see EXACTLY why the majority of hibs fans were not willing to put there in hand in there pocket to go to parkhead today. And no it doesnt make them a disgrace. Thats just how it goes. When things go well you dont grudge the rediculious prices to watch Hibs, but when the football is dire, there is no fight in the team etc its a price many obviously are not going to be willing to pay.

bawheid
17-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Showing your age son. 19 eh? And he has all the answers. So you didn't have kids to attend to, a wife to please.......the list is endless and I don't have to justify myself to you or anyone. Season has already ended for me although I'll take advantage of my last 2 ST games if that's ok?

You've made comments like this before about how better a supporter you are. See when you're my age and seen what I've seen, we'll have a chat.

What's age got to do with it?

There are plenty reasons to not go to the football. Work, other committments, a wife to please :greengrin....all valid reasons.

However, those that go to cheer on Hibs every week no matter what, are "better supporters". End of.

bawheid
17-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Okay, so you now need to go to parkhead to watch what has been a abismal hibs side over the last few months, to have an opinion.

You're allowed an opinion. It's just not as valid an opinion as someone's who was there.

Hibs On Tour
17-04-2010, 04:36 PM

Away and boil yer heid. Uber-fan alert.

Do you really think that ALL Hibs fans regard going to the game and their number 1 priority in life. Gies a break pal.

TheEastTerrace
17-04-2010, 04:37 PM
More re writing of history, on the 14th of feb, we were 2 points from 2nd.

And now we are 19 points behind only two months on and will probably be more come the last day of the season. It went wrong somewhere along the line, did it not?

JE89
17-04-2010, 04:37 PM

With this logic in mind, am I a 'better' (I'll take your word) fan than you because I contribute money to this website, which in turn contributes money to the Hibs youth system?

I'm not saying you aren't a passionate Hibs fan, I just feel that I am a better Hibs fan than you because I pay to use Hibs.net which helps Hibs youth. :blah::blah:

Hibs On Tour
17-04-2010, 04:38 PM

Hmmm... let me think... because they're ****ing paid to do it, no? :bitchy:

weecounty hibby
17-04-2010, 04:40 PM
What a pile of **** threads like this are. I once spent a weekend in Banff as Hibs were playing in a preseason there against Deveronvale, there were about 75 Hibbys there that weekend, does that make us better fans than the ones that were not. Bollox. I and many, many others don't need to justify our Hibby credentials to 19 year olds like Sean just cos we weren't at Parkhead today. As I have said to you in another thread remarkably similar to this one Sean, I have been watching Hibs, yes actually watching and attending games, almost twice as long as you have actually been alive.

erskine-hibby
17-04-2010, 04:40 PM
And now we are 19 points behind only two months on and will probably be more come the last day of the season. It went wrong somewhere along the line, did it not?

No no no, Yogi's in charge, everything is ok.

bawheid
17-04-2010, 04:44 PM
What a pile of **** threads like this are. I once spent a weekend in Banff as Hibs were playing in a preseason there against Deveronvale, there were about 75 Hibbys there that weekend, does that make us better fans than the ones that were not. Bollox. I and many, many others don't need to justify our Hibby credentials to 19 year olds like Sean just cos we weren't at Parkhead today. As I have said to you in another thread remarkably similar to this one Sean, I have been watching Hibs, yes actually watching and attending games, almost twice as long as you have actually been alive.

You and the other 75 were definitely best-placed to let other Hibbies know how the team got on against Deveronvale that day. Did we win by the way?

I think the OP's point is not so much about who is a better supporter. It's more about people who weren't actually there going off on one on Hibs.net when they...err...weren't actually there.

JE89
17-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Answer to the thread title of 'where were you today?'

I was in the Aberdeen University library listening to the game whilst taking notes for an essay due this week. This will help me pass this particular course and allow me to get a degree in a few years time. Can I still be a Hibernian supporter or have I let Hibs, myself and my family down?

This thread is pish! :agree:

Hibs On Tour
17-04-2010, 04:46 PM
PS - fwiw well done to all those who did go through. You'll notice us stay-at-home fans aren't slating them though eh?...

As another poster correctly pointed out, that's what happens when the team/manager have been performing so badly - attendances fall. Its the way of the world and you'll realise that one day. Even Celtc suffered from it today - far more than us too.

PS - for the past 3/4 years the company I was with put in something like £20-25k per year in various ways - does that qualify me as a better fan than you? Course not, same as your going today doesn't make you any better a fan than I.

weecounty hibby
17-04-2010, 04:49 PM
You and the other 75 were definitely best-placed to let other Hibbies know how the team got on against Deveronvale that day. Did we win by the way?

I think the OP's point is not so much about who is a better supporter. It's more about people who weren't actually there going off on one on Hibs.net when they...err...weren't actually there.
But they probably watched it on the telly, so can have a view on it as they did see it. I saw the first 20 and then had to go out and listened to most of the rest on the radio hence I haven't posted my views as I didn't actually see it.

It was actually a tourney, Deveronvale, Hibs, St Mirren and someone else. We beat Deveronvale but lost to St Mirren, canm't remember the other team/score. It was so long ago I had my first wife with me and it was before she was actually my wife. I could show a girl a good time:greengrin

mikethehibee69
:top markstotally agree, he does not know what life is young whipper snapper:wink::devil:

HibbyAl
You're allowed an opinion. It's just not as valid an opinion as someone's who was there.

People who watched the game on tv would have seen exactly the same as people who were at Parkhead. Their opinion is just as valid as someone who attended IMO.

marinello59
17-04-2010, 04:50 PM

I am not sure if that makes you better fan or not but willingly spending a weekend in Banff is above and beyond the call of duty.:greengrin

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 04:50 PM
agree with sean

Because you were with me! I'll see the part-timers next when we are playing well, they sure as hell won't be at another game this year. The games are on the tele, see.

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Because you were with me! I'll see the part-timers next when we are playing well, they sure as hell won't be at another game this year. The games are on the tele, see.

Our support will be as bad as today away to Motherwell if were not playing for anything no doubt.:yawn:

bawheid
17-04-2010, 04:52 PM
But they probably watched it on the telly, so can have a view on it as they did see it. I saw the first 20 and then had to go out and listened to most of the rest on the radio hence I haven't posted my views as I didn't actually see it.

It was actually a tourney, Deveronvale, Hibs, St Mirren and someone else. We beat Deveronvale but lost to St Mirren, canm't remember the other team/score. It was so long ago I had my first wife with me and it was before she was actually my wife. I could show a girl a good time:greengrin

Yep, but there's plenty on here who haven't seen Easter Road all season, watch Soccer Saturday and decide Hughes isn't up to it/ Petrie must go/Galbraith should get a chance/why's he bringing Galbraith on? etc etc.

I once took an ex-girlfriend to a Hibs v Dundee United reserve game. It ended 0-0. We don't speak anymore. :greengrin

bawheid
17-04-2010, 04:53 PM
People who watched the game on tv would have seen exactly the same as people who were at Parkhead. Their opinion is just as valid as someone who attended IMO.

Nah, no way. You don't see the whole game from the telly.

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Yep, but there's plenty on here who haven't seen Easter Road all season, watch Soccer Saturday and decide Hughes isn't up to it/ Petrie must go/Galbraith should get a chance/why's he bringing Galbraith on? etc etc.

I once took an ex-girlfriend to a Hibs v Dundee United reserve game. It ended 0-0. We don't speak anymore. :greengrin

Just for that particular reason? Complete part timer she is if you ask me.:wink:

marinello59
17-04-2010, 04:54 PM

Aren't the fans attending away games providing funds for our rivals thus making them stronger? :devil:

(For the avoidance of doubt this is not a serious comment. I find the whole 'who is a better fan' thing pointless. If somebody tells me they are a Hibs fan that'll do me. I'll happily engage in conversation with them and debate the highs and low of all things Hibernian with them whether any of us actually attend games or not.)

HibbyAl
17-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Nah, no way. You don't see the whole game from the telly.

You don't have the benefit of replays when at the game. hence when there's been a dubious decision I'll text one of my mates who's watching it on tv to see if the decision was correct.

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 04:57 PM
sorry uberfan
Sorry if I hit a nerve, part-timer.

Lmc2105
17-04-2010, 04:57 PM
As one of the posters said i think it was (Jenna) some people just don't like heading through to Rangers & Celtic maybe due to past experiences or maybe just won't pay £27 quid for a ticket you can't blame these people for that
the Reason i wasn't at the game today is due to me being with my partner as she is on her placement outside Edinburgh apart from that i haven't missed a game all season it doesn't make people less of supporters just cause they don't head to Glasgow

Hopefully for Motherwell and Dundee Utd we will have maybe a better support hopefully as these are the game people like going to.

Hopefully we can take a full bus to both but to be fair i think all supporters buses will take a hit due to the way the team are playing but hey that's football :agree:

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 04:58 PM
THIS IS A HIBS MESSAGE BOARD..... What do you want from here????
Opinions of fans who actually give a **** and take the time to go to games perhaps?

bawheid
17-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Just for that particular reason? Complete part timer she is if you ask me.:wink:

Nah, it got a bit more complicated than that. Was the beginning of the end though. :greengrin

weecounty hibby
17-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Aren't the fans attending away games providing funds for our rivals thus making them stronger? :devil:

(For the avoidance of doubt this is not a serious comment. I find the whole 'who is a better fan' thing pointless. If somebody tells me they are a Hibs fan that'll do me. I'll happily engage in conversation with them and debate the highs and low of all things Hibernian with them whether any of us actually attend games or not.)
Spot on. We have a student working with us just now for 4 months, he is very quiet and not really the greatest conversationalist. He had been with us for weeks and then one day says to me " I hear you're a Hibby, so am I". Instantly changedmy mind about him and now chat away about the Hibs

houston1875

:thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
Our support will be as bad as today away to Motherwell if were not playing for anything no doubt.:yawn:

I wont be at the Motherwell or Dundee Utd games because (volcanic ash permitting) i will be in Spain enjoying a well deserved break.

bawheid
17-04-2010, 05:00 PM
You don't have the benefit of replays when at the game. hence when there's been a dubious decision I'll text one of my mates who's watching it on tv to see if the decision was correct.

True.

But the camera can only really focus on a small part of the pitch at any one time. I generally think you can't see the shape of a team properly unless you're actually there.

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Just because some fans go to all the games doesn't mean they should adopt a holier than thou attitude towards those who don't go to them all. Some games I'd much rather watch on TV like the ones at Ibrox or Parkhead because I can't stand going through to Glasgow, sitting in a manky corner and having it take up all my day. If I watch it on TV it means I can fit in my love of Hibernian FC with other commitments I have at the weekend. It does not mean I can't be arsed with Hibernian FC and it does not mean that I'm less of a fan than the people who go to every game - home and away.
Why not? We are the fans who care enough to go to the games no matter what the circumstance. I've shelled out near enough two grand following the team this year, i'm currently on apprentice wages, yet this week I still find the money to pay for phone bills, digs to my Parents, a laptop payment, a saturday night up town and travel to Glasgow to watch the Hibs, yet some supporters much better off financially than me who are sitting in doing **** all have the audacity to sit in and slate the side after a spirited performance when we were very unlucky to take three points from a difficult venue in spite of being on ***** form rather than actually head to the game.

MSK
17-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Just home. Well done to every fan that made the effort and applauded the performance. There's no disgrace in coming from behind and loosing at Parkhead to a late offside goal with an under strength side. I love the fact .net has so many armchair fans who sit on their arse when the team needs them most then proceed to come on and slate the team despite the fact alot of posters don't even bother their arse to make the effort. Fair enough if you don't have the money but Hibernian FC need all the support that's possible at the moment and to simply stay away because you can't be arsed and because it's on the tele etc is shocking, especially when you consider alot of posters on here were greeting when they couldn't get Ibrox tickets first time round. I'm with a few regular .net posters and we all share the same sentiments.I went out with my Wife today ..is that ok wi you or should i have asked your permission first ..?

These threads ****ing scunner me !!!

FranckSuzy
17-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Why not? We are the fans who care enough to go to the games no matter what the circumstance. I've shelled out near enough two grand following the team this year, i'm currently on apprentice wages, yet this week I still find the money to pay for phone bills, digs to my Parents, a laptop payment, a saturday night up town and travel to Glasgow to watch the Hibs, yet some supporters much better off financially than me who are sitting in doing **** all have the audacity to sit in and slate the side after a spirited performance when we were very unlucky to take three points from a difficult venue in spite of being on ***** form rather than actually head to the game.

Yeah, but what about the fans who have supported Hibs for 50-60 years? They don't come on here saying they're better fans :confused: and you can only imagine how much they have spent following Hibs! I've been a Hibby for 30 years, I'm a shareholder, used to have a season ticket (not worth it now as I'm training to be a nurse and that'll involve mucho weekend work me thinks :wink: but I'm not out with the calculator :rolleyes:

JennaFletcher
17-04-2010, 05:13 PM

Are you wanting us all to applaud your excellence and praise your working class hero ethic in attending all the Hibs games no matter what? Because you certainly won't get that applaud from me

Credit goes where it's due to all the Hibs fans who do constantly make the effort, but you're no better than everyone else so quit acting like it.

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Does being older make you a better supporter than me and make your opinion more valid? It would seem that way.

bawheid
17-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Credit goes where it's due to all the Hibs fans who do constantly make the effort, but you're no better than everyone else so quit acting like it.

They're definitely in a better position to comment on how the team plays though, wouldn't you agree?

I'm going to wait until all the fans are back before I comment any further.

Hughes must go, Riordan was sh*te, etc etc etc

bawheid
17-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Does being older make you a better supporter than me and make your opinion more valid? It would seem that way.

No. Your opinion on today's game is more valid than someone who wasn't there.

ArabHibee
17-04-2010, 05:18 PM
As one of the posters said i think it was (Jenna) some people just don't like heading through to Rangers & Celtic maybe due to past experiences or maybe just won't pay £27 quid for a ticket you can't blame these people for that
the Reason i wasn't at the game today is due to me being with my partner as she is on her placement outside Edinburgh apart from that i haven't missed a game all season it doesn't make people less of supporters just cause they don't head to Glasgow

Hopefully for Motherwell and Dundee Utd we will have maybe a better support hopefully as these are the game people like going to.

Hopefully we can take a full bus to both but to be fair i think all supporters buses will take a hit due to the way the team are playing but hey that's football :agree:

Imagine letting a bird get in the way of seeing the Cabbage. Disgrace. :bitchy:

.Sean.
Are you wanting us all to applaud your excellence and praise your working class hero ethic in attending all the Hibs games no matter what? Because you certainly won't get that applaud from me

There's many fans like me with the same thoughts, just not all will bother posting on the matter. FWIW I was with three other regular .net posters when I submitted the thread and they feel the same way. Interesting that the posters who seem to agree with my original post are also those who bothered to attend the game.

.Sean.
No. Your opinion on today's game is more valid than someone who wasn't there.
And after three pages somebody finally posts the correct answer.

gorgie_harp
17-04-2010, 05:20 PM

You are a fud.:agree:

Not missed a game this season that i could go to. (work offshore )
But after last weeks pish poor performance amongst many this season, and last season for that matter. add the fact the players could not give a ****. there was no way i was going through to glasgow the day to cheer on a bunch of imposters in a Hibernian shirt.:grr::grr:

Gettin' Auld
Because they get well friggin paid?

Lmc2105
Imagine letting a bird get in the way of seeing the Cabbage. Disgrace. :bitchy:

When she is in a town bud that she doesn't know any1 it's kid of hard to say nah am not coming to see you plus it's the first game av missed :grr::wink:

bawheid
17-04-2010, 05:21 PM
And after three pages somebody finally posts the correct answer.

'Scuse me. I posted the correct answer on page two.

Call yourself a real Hibs.net fan? You're a disgrace! :grr:

HibbyAl
17-04-2010, 05:22 PM
I attend a lot of games while some of my friends only attend now and again. I don't see myself as any better a supporter than them.

If some people want to have a superiority complex, leave them to it i say. It all about opinions and just coz they think they're better, doesn't make it so.

JE89
17-04-2010, 05:23 PM

Have you been on the Bevy this afternoon? Seem very arguementative.

Although, I don't necessarily agree that being older makes your opinion more valid thought I certainly think that as you get older you realise there are more important things in life than football. When I was about 17/18 I posted in a thread very similar to this one, claiming pretty much what you are saying just now. Those who attend all games have more right to give an opinion as they are contributing more to the football club. However 3/4 years later I've realised that football isn't everything and adopted a more 'each to their own' attitude when it comes to supporting Hibs.

As I said earlier I am at Uni trying to get a degree to then go on to the job I want to do. Something much more important than football. I'm gutted Hibs lost today, but life goes on. (For the record I haven't posted a single thing about the Hibs performance today)

.Sean.

But after last weeks pish poor performance amongst many this season, and last season for that matter. add the fact the players could not give a ****. there was no way i was going through to glasgow the day to cheer on a bunch of imposters in a Hibernian shirt.:grr::grr:
To be perfectly honest i couldnae give a flying **** if you think i'm a fud. Out of interest what brings you to that conclusion?

bawheid
I'd just like to point out at this juncture that I'm better than everyone else here. At everything.

HibeeDaz6270
17-04-2010, 05:24 PM

I think we should all contact hibs, and maybe see about getting you some sort of reward.

People may well be better financially than you, and im the same age as you, but i realise that not every1 can spend this kind of money to watch Hibs. For alot of people, they dont have to pay for just themselves they have to pay for 1 or to kids aswel. You dont.

Alot of people have other things in life that are important to them aswel. Not just watching Hibs. Especially when its on sky and our current form has been dreadful

Given our current form and the amount of disapointment i have had this year, There was no chance of me even contemplating spending £50 or so to go watch Hibs at celtic park.

If we were on a good run, The players were giving it all, Yogi was playing the right team in the right positions etc, then maybe i would have went. People are more willing to dig into your pocket and pay rediculious prices to watch SPL football when things are goin well yes, because you have a good day out, and the money doesnt bother you. But when you spend a fortune to go see heartless performances and get ripped apart of teams like Hamilton it depresses you and its hard to motivate yourself to even want to make a trip to celtic park. Dont blame us supporters, blame the players & manager. Thats how it works.

I wish i was a good a supporter as you though :confused:

Hermit Crab
17-04-2010, 05:24 PM

Man utd :grr::grr: Last minute as per.:grr::grr:

bawheid
17-04-2010, 05:25 PM
(For the record I haven't posted a single thing about the Hibs performance today)

That was the whole point of the OP though wasn't it?

He was having a go at folk posting nonsense on Hibs.net when they weren't even there.

I agree with him. Even though he's only a laddy. :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
17-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Opinions of fans who actually give a **** and take the time to go to games perhaps?

It's a difficult one, I admire your enthusiasm, and your energy. I am also envious of the time and money you have to spare.

It's great that people can back the team. At the same time, there are people on here who have "served their time" going home and away. I think they have earned the right to comment on how the team is doing as well.

ArabHibee
17-04-2010, 05:27 PM
When she is in a town bud that she doesn't know any1 it's kid of hard to say nah am not coming to see you plus it's the first game av missed :grr::wink:

A trip for both of you to Glasgow would have been the simple way to solve that problem. :wink:

I'd just like to point out at this juncture that I'm better than everyone else here. At everything.

Really? Aren't you one of those bankers that weren't very good at looking after our money? :greengrin

joebakerforever
Bet the club are pleased to get the money in from home-only fans from which they directly benefit.

A close friend of mine has only missed a very few games, home & away in over 40+ years and is aware I am a homer who has rarely ventured outwith Edinburgh to support Hibs.

Unlike the OP, he is not a self-proclaimed trumpet, and accepts that Hibs supporters come in different forms.

The OP should also realise that sometimes incidents viewed live on the terraces will be seen differently to that on the telly.

It's not the first time I've come home from Easter Road convinced that we got a rough deal regarding penalty incidents, only to see on tv that they have a more accurate perspective and the ref was correct in his decision.

.Sean.
Have you been on the Bevy this afternoon? Seem very arguementative.

Although, I don't necessarily agree that being older makes your opinion more valid thought I certainly think that as you get older you realise there are more important things in life than football. When I was about 17/18 I posted in a thread very similar to this one, claiming pretty much what you are saying just now. Those who attend all games have more right to give an opinion as they are contributing more to the football club. However 3/4 years later I've realised that football isn't everything and adopted a more 'each to their own' attitude when it comes to supporting Hibs.

As I said earlier I am at Uni trying to get a degree to then go on to the job I want to do. Something much more important than football. I'm gutted Hibs lost today, but life goes on. (For the record I haven't posted a single thing about the Hibs performance today)
That's fine, as i've said numerous times already it isn't those that have family commitments, financial limitations, work restrictions etc that wind me up, it's those who CAN attend matches but simply DON'T because they can't be arsed yet come on .net and whine about everything and anything that does my box in. **** sake i'm not having a dig at everyone.

gorgie_harp
17-04-2010, 05:28 PM

:top marks:top marks

HibeeDaz6270
17-04-2010, 05:28 PM
That was the whole point of the OP though wasn't it?

He was having a go at folk posting nonsense on Hibs.net when they weren't even there.

I agree with him. Even though he's only a laddy. :wink:

The game was live on sky!..Majority of people watching it on tv would have saw much more than many people at the game. To say if your not at the game u cant comment on the performance is pathetic.

km2007
17-04-2010, 05:29 PM

I have a Hibs ST but I've only been to 1 away game this season, doest that mean my opinions rubbish.

Give yourself a shake....

Its a messageboard for all types of fans!

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 05:30 PM
It's a difficult one, I admire your enthusiasm, and your energy. I am also envious of the time and money you have to spare.

It's great that people can back the team. At the same time, there are people on here who have "served their time" going home and away. I think they have earned the right to comment on how the team is doing as well.
I don't have money to spare. But the majority of the money I do have to spare goes on following the team home and away.

jakki

Sonny boy, you'll not see me at ER when Hibs are playing well as my situation will not allow it. I emailed the Hibs board in January explaining my problems with not having a DSS "disability" letter, TO won't allow me to pay full price for a wheelchair space and carers seat even if they were vacant. I asked them if there was a way my mobility scooter could be parked within a concourse and with the help of my carer could get to a seat if not too many stairs.

They have yet to answer although I have had an acknowledgement but I did discover that a mobility scooter was parked in the West Stand for the Celtic game two weeks ago.

I have been saving up for 2 full price STs since January even though I wouldn't be able to use the tickets in cold weather but quite prepared to phone the TO to give away our seats for free to others who had problems ie broken legs etc.

I am a PM of hibs.net and enter all their competitions where the profits are going to Hibs Youth and also spent a fortune on the Hibs on line store from my OAP Pension.

How dare you accuse me of being a part-time fan. I was going to away games maybe with 50 fellow supporters in the 60's( Hibs were even direr then) when you weren't a sparkle in your dad's eye :grr:

Baldy Foghorn
The game was live on sky!..Majority of people watching it on tv would have saw much more than many people at the game. To say if your not at the game u cant comment on the performance is pathetic.

When game is on TV the cameras follow the ball. You see so much more by actually being there....

Think the OP has managed to rattle a few cages, and hit some raw nerves tonight.......:wink:

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Show me when I said that?

bawheid
17-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Really? Aren't you one of those bankers that weren't very good at looking after our money? :greengrin

I've been called many things in my time, but a banker.....????? Take that back!!!

No, I'm not a banker. But if I was, I'd be ****ing amazing at it.

HibeeDaz6270
17-04-2010, 05:32 PM
That's fine, as i've said numerous times already it isn't those that have family commitments, financial limitations, work restrictions etc that wind me up, it's those who CAN attend matches but simply DON'T because they can't be arsed yet come on .net and whine about everything and anything that does my box in. **** sake i'm not having a dig at everyone.

Many people may well could afford to go, but given our run of form decided it was not WORTH the money, and would rather spend it on something else. Dont have a go at supporters for this, Can you really blame them? If your having a go at someone, have a go at the players & Yogi, We have went from pushing for 2nd, to Struggling for a 5th place finish. Thats why there was a poor support today. And i dont blame anyone, who just couldnt be bothered going.

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Sonny boy, you'll not see me at ER when Hibs are playing well as my situation will not allow it. I emailed the Hibs board in January explaining my problems with not having a DSS "disability" letter, TO won't allow me to pay full price for a wheelchair space and carers seat even if they were vacant. I asked them if there was a way my mobility scooter could be parked within a concourse and with the help of my carer could get to a seat if not too many stairs.

They have yet to answer although I have had an acknowledgement but I did discover that a mobility scooter was parked in the West Stand for the Celtic game two weeks ago.

I have been saving up for 2 full price STs since January even though I wouldn't be able to use the tickets in cold weather but quite prepared to phone the TO to give away our seats for free to others who had problems ie broken legs etc.

I am a PM of hibs.net and enter all their competitions where the profits are going to Hibs Youth and also spent a fortune on the Hibs on line store from my OAP Pension.

How dare you accuse me of being a part-time fan. I was going to away games maybe with 50 fellow supporters in the 60's( Hibs were even direr then) when you weren't a sparkle in your dad's eye :grr:
Again, when did I state that?

bawheid

Nonsense. Watching it on the telly is a poor substitute for actually being in the stadium.

MSK
There's many fans like me with the same thoughts, just not all will bother posting on the matter. FWIW I was with three other regular .net posters when I submitted the thread and they feel the same way. Interesting that the posters who seem to agree with my original post are also those who bothered to attend the game.I remember you started a thread a couple of weeks ago on the very same subject, you seem determined to make your point however repetitive it may be..things are tough at this moment in time, folks interest has waned, that may be for many reasons but whatever you seem hell bent on getting your point over, you were there, others were not ..well done & good on you ...:applause:

Hermit Crab
When game is on TV the cameras follow the ball. You see so much more by actually being there....

Think the OP has managed to rattle a few cages, and hit some raw nerves tonight.......:wink:

Biting like that boy after the game walking down the road :greengrin

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 05:34 PM

I thought a poster such as yourself who seems to attend the vast majority of games would echo my sentiments.

FranckSuzy

Yeah, but what about the fans who have supported Hibs for 50-60 years? They don't come on here saying they're better fans :confused: and you can only imagine how much they have spent following Hibs! I've been a Hibby for 30 years, I'm a shareholder, used to have a season ticket (not worth it now as I'm training to be a nurse and that'll involve mucho weekend work me thinks :wink: but I'm not out with the calculator :rolleyes:

If your quote above is in reply to mine above, I haven't mentioned age:confused:. I'm merely pointing out that if you have totted up how much you have spent on Hibs in the last wee while, imagine how much someone who has followed them for decades has spent :dunno: Does that make them a better fan? WE ARE ALL FANS or we wouldn't be on here :grr: Oh, and for the record, fans who can't make the games regularly (for whatever reason) may contribute to the club in other ways, buying items in the club shop, contributing to the youth team, buying shares etc. It is 'hidden' work!!

Baldy Foghorn
I thought a poster such as yourself who seems to attend the vast majority of games would echo my sentiments.

I attend all the games not the vast majority:wink:

Pretty Boy
17-04-2010, 05:35 PM
I would like to get this off my chest now. I (deep breath) didn't go to the game today and have been pretty choosy about what games i go to for the last 2 seasons.

I realise this makes me something of a lesser fan than those who 'care' enough to go regardless. Obviosuly the hundreds of pounds i have shelled out in the last 5 years in 240 mile round trips from Aberdeen every week count for nothing. Not misssing a game in the season in the 1st division is also meaningless. As is crying like a schoolgirl when we got relegated, staying to the bitter end at such highlights as a 7-0 drubbing at Ibrox, 6-2 at Fir park anyone, 5-1 at Tynecastle, 4-0 at McDiarmid Park, 1-2 v Stranraer. Been there, done it and bought the replica strip. Hundreds of pounds to travel to Anderlecht, Athens and Dnipro. God knows how much blown on merchandise, strips etc etc. I'm obviosuly not a real fan though.

There was a time when missing a game was unthinkable for me but i've realised there is far more to life than Hibs. Today would have cost me not short of £120 to attend when train fares, match ticket and a few beers was taken into consideration. I could have afforded it but chose to go for a round of golf, a nice lunch and a few quiet pints as it was a far better way to spend my money and my time.

Obviously i am a disgrace of a football supporter and i humbly apologise to the OP and every other true Hibernian supporter.

HibeeDaz6270

Yes, but when your at the game your singing, and having banter. You are not fully focussed on the game for 90minutes. When Hibs scored, for how long after each goal were the fans singing etc rather than focussing on the game?

You have replays also watching it on tv, often things are not quite what they seem at the game.

Lofarl
This thread reminds me of the one posted by someone at the home match v R County.

gobragh1875
Heard at the game today that due to hibs supporters sitting on their PCs rangers where to be given more tickets come on all you so called hibs fans get the finnger out and get a ticket for next weeks game you might like it its a wee bit diffrent from sitting in front of a screen and typing a load of crap CMON THE HIBS

bawheid
17-04-2010, 05:36 PM

:notworthy:

:greengrin

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 05:36 PM
If the quote in bold is in reply to mine above, I haven't mentioned age:confused:. I'm merely pointing out that if you have totted up how much you have spent on Hibs in the last wee while, imagine how much someone who has followed them for decades has spent :dunno: Does that make them a better fan? WE ARE ALL FANS or we wouldn't be on here :grr:
If I was referring to you i'd have qouted you. i didn't, i was referring to what would seem to be the general concensus on here.

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Therefore I presume you were there today, we had a phenomenal support of around 150 folk eh?. .net on the other hand was apparantly, full to the brim with would-be gaffers and the like.

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 05:39 PM
I remember you started a thread a couple of weeks ago on the very same subject, you seem determined to make your point however repetitive it may be..things are tough at this moment in time, folks interest has waned, that may be for many reasons but whatever you seem hell bent on getting your point over, you were there, others were not ..well done & good on you ...:applause:

And breathe.. just joking.:cool2:

gorgie_harp
17-04-2010, 05:40 PM
To be perfectly honest i couldnae give a flying **** if you think i'm a fud. Out of interest what brings you to that conclusion?

Spouting Pish for a start.:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
17-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Therefore I presume you were there today, we had a phenomenal support of around 150 folk eh?. .net on the other hand was apparantly, full to the brim with would-be gaffers and the like.

I was indeed there, think I was sitting just in front of you boys...... Could be wrong though......

As someone who has regularly been labelled an uberfan in the past, I could not possibly comment on your above post:wink:

bawheid
17-04-2010, 05:41 PM
I was going to away games maybe with 50 fellow supporters in the 60's( Hibs were even direr then) when you weren't a sparkle in your dad's eye :grr:

OP's from Haddington. His Dad probably wasn't a sparkle in his Grandad's eye in the 60s. :greengrin

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Spouting Pish for a start.:wink:
How constructive :applause:

BS44
17-04-2010, 05:43 PM
I don't have money to spare. But the majority of the money I do have to spare goes on following the team home and away.

So you do have money to spare.

Have you attended every game this season?

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 05:44 PM
I was indeed there, think I was sitting just in front of you boys...... Could be wrong though......

As someone who has regularly been labelled an uberfan in the past, I could not possibly comment on your above post:wink:
There were about ten of us just up from the main entrance into the away end. I was in a dark grey jersey. We tried to get the place singing but to no real avail. Still, credit where it's due to the fellow fans who made the short journey along the M8.

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 05:45 PM
So you do have money to spare.

Every game apart from the match in Dingwall. If i'd took that day off, I wouldn't be in a job anymore.

MSK
17-04-2010, 05:46 PM
And breathe.. just joking.:cool2:And breathe ..?...your the one on the rant !!!!!! :crazy:

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 05:48 PM
And breathe ..?...your the one on the rant !!!!!! :crazy:

That's the other Sean, i was only joking.:boo hoo:

givescotlandfreedom
17-04-2010, 05:50 PM
I was in section 119 Row DD :greengrin

MSK
17-04-2010, 05:51 PM
That's the other Sean, i was only joking.:boo hoo:Too many bloody Sean's on here ...:grr:....:greengrin

jakki
17-04-2010, 05:51 PM
[/B]
Again, when did I state that?

I apologise but you have come over in the thread as an uberfan.:wink:

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 05:52 PM
I was in section 119 Row DD :greengrin

I saw you, i can recognise you in your avatar.:greengrin

carnoustiehibee
17-04-2010, 05:52 PM
There were about ten of us just up from the main entrance into the away end. I was in a dark grey jersey. We tried to get the place singing but to no real avail. Still, credit where it's due to the fellow fans who made the short journey along the M8.

thats the thing, its only a short journey from edin-glasgow. so if id travelled the 2hrs to parhead would that make me a better fan than you?

wheres you cut off point (distance wise) for fans who have to travel to games every week.?

BS44
17-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Every game apart from the match in Dingwall. If i'd took that day off, I wouldn't be in a job anymore.

No like you i'm also a part-timer. I can't make every week either because of work.

I was at Dingwall though. :greengrin

bubblesmorrison
go on me and the 200 odd other uber fans that made the effort to back the team today :agree:

bawheid

He is an uberfan though. He goes every week come rain or shine. Just like you were an uberfan in the 60s.

Baldy Foghorn
17-04-2010, 05:54 PM

I am mistaken Sean, I was nearer the front....

ArabHibee
I've been called many things in my time, but a banker.....????? Take that back!!!

No, I'm not a banker. But if I was, I'd be ****ing amazing at it.
I'll take it back, mucho apologies. There are so many "bankers" on here, I got you mixed up with someone else! :wink:

Sonny boy, you'll not see me at ER when Hibs are playing well as my situation will not allow it. .........

.......How dare you accuse me of being a part-time fan. I was going to away games maybe with 50 fellow supporters in the 60's( Hibs were even direr then) when you weren't a sparkle in your dad's eye :grr:

Jakki, calm down. The guy's not having a pop at people who can't go to the games, it's people who can go and don't, that he seems to have an issue with.

.Sean.
Sorry if that's how i've came across, if people can be arsed reading the whole thread i' sure they'll understand my argument. I'm away out for a bevvy. Need it after the week i've had.

seanraff07
thats the thing, its only a short journey from edin-glasgow. so if id travelled the 2hrs to parhead would that make me a better fan than you?

wheres you cut off point (distance wise) for fans who have to travel to games every week.?

Dingwall surely, that journey was hell.:a bite:

Phil D. Rolls
17-04-2010, 05:55 PM

If you've got money to spend on football, you've got money to spare.

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 05:56 PM

Were you in row Z by any chance?

HibeeDaz6270
17-04-2010, 05:57 PM

does it really matter whos attended what matches? The facts are, When a team is doing well, everyone wants to go to the football. When things are not so good, infact when things are dreadful as they have been, its understandable that fans no longer have the same excitement leading up to a game, and taking the costs into consideration aswel i can see exactly why people would rather not spend crazy amounts of money. Surely you can see this?

If hibs showed some fight & team spirit in previous matches, and were not humilated by teams like Hamilton then am we would have had a bigger support there today, But why should fans spend there hard earned cash to watch a team that has been awful and showed next to fight or spirit over the last few months.

I hate to disapoint you, but its a fact that when the team is crap, so will the following. Its maybe not great, but its just the way it goes.

.Sean.
I'll take it back, mucho apologies. There are so many "bankers" on here, I got you mixed up with someone else! :wink:

Jakki, calm down. The guy's not having a pop at people who can't go to the games, it's people who can go and don't, that he seems to have an issue with.
In one. It's only taken 4 pages of flak, in some cases abuse, for one poster to realise the point I was making.

shamo9
Where was I? Still stranded in Belguim courtesy of a bloody volcano:grr:

givescotlandfreedom
I saw you, i can recognise you in your avatar.:greengrin

Haha apologies if you heard me spouting pish then :greengrin

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Were you in row Z by any chance?
About that aye, not really sure as I didn't sit in the seat I was allocated.

Phil D. Rolls
17-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Where was I? Still stranded in Belguim courtesy of a bloody volcano:grr:

Jeezo, there's one in Belgium as well, the ********s are breeding and there's nothing we can do about it!!! We're doomed ah tell ye, doomed!!

Phil D. Rolls
17-04-2010, 06:01 PM
About that aye, not really sure as I didn't sit in the seat I was allocated.

You weren't at the game at all were you? Come on, you'll feel a lot better once you own up.

ArabHibee
17-04-2010, 06:02 PM
In one. It's only taken 4 pages of flak, in some cases abuse, for one poster to realise the point I was making.

Ihttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_126.gif

I'm also available for private parties and bar mitzvahs. :cool2:

jakki

Susan , I was just trying to explain how its not always the fan's fault for not going to games at ER. Hibs have lost out on 2 full price STs because the Board haven't answered my email. That what makes me so mad :grr:

I have decided to not inform them about the scooter in the West Stand in case it stops another person in my position of being told that it is not allowed.

bawheid
Sorry if that's how i've came across, if people can be arsed reading the whole thread i' sure they'll understand my argument. I'm away out for a bevvy. Need it after the week i've had.

Out for a bevvy? Call yourself a real fan? You should be down the club shop first thing tomorrow throwing money at the cashiers.

PISTOL1875

I read you opening post sean and to a certain extent I agree with what you are saying but you have put it across the wrong way by the looks of it..

However , if the 4-1 gubbing by Hamilton wasn't bad enough , to then hear Derek Ferguson on BBC radio Scotland saying that the Hibs players were having a laugh and a joke during the warm down was just criminal.. That made my mind up NOT to go to today and quite justified I think.. I dont speak for everybody else on the site but I think I'd be safe to say that a lot of people were fuming when they heard this and that was there mind made up as well...

Why should I fork out my hard earned cash on a bunch of wasters who by the looks of it , dont give a monkeys about the people who pay there wages when I can watch the game on the box and the Manchester derby (which is better viewing by a 1,000,000 miles) is also on the other side??...

bawheid
17-04-2010, 06:04 PM

**** you! I had your back on page two, and this is the thanks I get? :grr:

.Sean.
You weren't at the game at all were you? Come on, you'll feel a lot better once you own up.
Due to the vast gaps in our alloction, which was down to our absent support, pretty much anywere you wanted to stand was your spot.

Phil D. Rolls
Why should I fork out my hard earned cash on a bunch of wasters who by the looks of it , dont give a monkeys about the people who pay there wages when I can watch the game on the box and the Manchester derby (which is better viewing by a 1,000,000 miles) is also on the other side??...

I know Manchester seems a long way off, but are you sure this is right? :confused:

Phil D. Rolls
17-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Due to the vast gaps in our alloction, which was down to our absent support, pretty much anywere you wanted to stand was your spot.

OK mate, just joking. Try and enjoy your night out, it's only a bl**dy game after all.

SidBurns
17-04-2010, 06:07 PM

Yip I agree with most folk here, you are an

ArabHibee
17-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Out for a bevvy? Call yourself a real fan? You should be down the club shop first thing tomorrow throwing money at the cashiers.

Shows you how much of a fan you are Bawheid. As any uberfan knows, the shop is not open on a Sunday.

Susan , I was just trying to explain how its not always the fan's fault for not going to games at ER. Hibs have lost out on 2 full price STs because the Board haven't answered my email. That what makes me so mad :grr:

I have decided to not inform them about the scooter in the West Stand in case it stops another person in my position of being told that it is not allowed.

But that's not what the thread is about, is it?

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 06:08 PM
I know Manchester seems a long way off, but are you sure this is right? :confused:
I don't even remember posting that, however i'm assuming it was after the hamilton game.

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=SidBurns;2431137]Yip I agree with most folk here, you are an QUOTE]
Couldn't give a ***** what you say in all honesty. I know i'm right.

Phil D. Rolls
17-04-2010, 06:09 PM
I don't even remember posting that, however i'm assuming it was after the hamilton game.

You didn't - sorry, I was trying to quote this one:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2431127&postcount=168

I'll fix it now.

bawheid
17-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Shows you how much of a fan you are Bawheid. As any uberfan knows, the shop is not open on a Sunday.

I've been found out. I didn't even realise there was a shop - that was a guess. :boo hoo:

Surely if they knew Sean was coming, they would open up?

MSK
17-04-2010, 06:11 PM
In one. It's only taken 4 pages of flak, in some cases abuse, for one poster to realise the point I was making.Did you really expect anything other by posting a rant on a public forum ?...:confused:

Can i also point out with regards "abuse"....it is ok for you to call someone an arse on the Stack thread because you dont agree wi their point ?..

FitbaFolkKen
17-04-2010, 06:13 PM
5 pages and no....."if you want entertainment go to the cinema".....

As for the uberfan debate, some folks want to go, some folks don't but everyone has an opinion otherwise this board would be poor. None of us are really in a position to question the validity of any other poster unless we know them personally, hence threads like this have little point....imo:devil:

ArabHibee
17-04-2010, 06:15 PM
I've been found out. I didn't even realise there was a shop - that was a guess. :boo hoo:

Surely if they knew Sean was coming, they would open up?

:yawn:

Now I know that you are deffo not an Uberfan.

Uberfans have their own keys to the shop. They go in, pick up what they want, leave their money on the cash desk (always leaving more than the items are actually worth), and let themselves back out again.

There have to be some perks to be an Uberfan.

bawheid
17-04-2010, 06:20 PM
:yawn:

Now I know that you are deffo not an Uberfan.

Uberfans have their own keys to the shop. They go in, pick up what they want, leave their money on the cash desk (always leaving more than the items are actually worth), and let themselves back out again.

There have to be some perks to be an Uberfan.

Do we have to capitalise 'Uberfan' too?

I'm going to go and post £50 through Petrie's door. I hope he waves through the window at me.

hibiedude
17-04-2010, 06:20 PM

I'm sure wee Sean loves all the attention he's getting on this thread.

And for the record I hate these guys who think they are betters fans than everyone else.

As one off the Admins pointed out this is his 2nd thread on this topic so he clearly didn't get any takers on his 1st go.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-04-2010, 06:24 PM
To be honest, that as many as a few hundred were sufficiently deranged to travel through when there was virtually nothing at stake is amazing. I did briefly consider going, but fortunately I came to my senses. To criticise anyone for not attending is ridiculous.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm sure wee Sean loves all the attention he's getting on this thread.

And for the record I hate these guys who think they are betters fans than everyone else.

As one off the Admins pointed out this is his 2nd thread on this topic so he clearly didn't get any takers on his 1st go.

Surely you aren't accusing Sean of attention seeking?

It's pretty clear to me he's just a fan who loves too much.

:wink:

Simkin911
17-04-2010, 06:26 PM
We're all Hibs fans eh? OP - it's a shame you've never experienced standing near the old bogs at Tynie, in an inch of p**h, watching the Hibs get plumped by the Jambos whilst it pours with rain and the grease drips out of your pie.

To everyone that day - circa mid-80s - applaud yourself. :not worth. Extra "Hibs Fan Bonus Points" to make up for missing the match today.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. That remains regardless whether they attended the game or not. However, well done to for attending.... whilst I agree the teams needs the support, I'm unconvinced recent performances deserve your unwaivering enthusiasm.

As a ST holder, I'll be there next week.

PS - Earnings are all relative. Everyone is struggling at their own level and you'll understand this once you have a mortgage, wife, kids, other commitments etc. Someone earning much more money isn't necessarily better off than you.

Enjoy your night out.

noseyhibby
17-04-2010, 06:28 PM

:top marks:agree:

Hibby 2005
17-04-2010, 06:28 PM
To answer the OP I was in a pub getting pissed and watching the game with the realisation that what would happen did happen.

Phil D. Rolls
17-04-2010, 06:30 PM
We're all Hibs fans eh? OP - it's a shame you've never experienced standing near the old bogs at Tynie, in an inch of p**h, watching the Hibs get plumped by the Jambos whilst it pours with rain and the grease drips out of your pie.

To everyone that day - circa mid-80s - applaud yourself. :not worth. Extra "Hibs Fan Bonus Points" to make up for missing the match today.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. That remains regardless whether they attended the game or not. However, well done to for attending.... whilst I agree the teams needs the support, I'm unconvinced recent performances deserve your unwaivering enthusiasm.

As a ST holder, I'll be there next week.

PS - Earnings are all relative. Everyone is struggling at their own level and you'll understand this once you have a mortgage, wife, kids, other commitments etc. Someone earning much more money isn't necessarily better off than you.

Enjoy your night out.

How about a sub zero Friday night watching a meaningless friendly against Swansea.

bawheid
17-04-2010, 06:31 PM
How about a sub zero Friday night watching a meaningless friendly against Swansea.

Starks Park. Midweek. Early 90s. 3-0 down. Mid table pish. Miller must go.

Beat that.

Lee
17-04-2010, 06:31 PM

Not often I post on here (normally prefer to read other peoples views and opinions) but felt compelled to respond on this occasion.

While I appreciate the club need our support (and I think we've all been there and said "what a sh$tty support today" on various occasions) some of the "uberfan" tripe posted on this thread is something else!

FWIW, I was at the game today, but there is no way this makes me a "better" Hibs supporter than some of the people posting on this thread are claiming.....I can totally understand why many fans didn't attend today and anybody who can't clearly put something in their cornflakes other than sugar or have barely got out of puberty!

Without even talking about recent performances (which IS a factor, like it or lump it) also worth considering that people lead different lives and therefore have different reasons for going / not going week in / week out.

Some people have to juggle various other elements of their lives simply to get along to Easter Road every 2nd Saturday, let alone get along to every away game too...if everyone in life had the same £ in their pockets each week and lived the same lifestyle, you might have a stronger argument, but until then, you're always going to have occasions - especially when the team seem like they don't care most weeks - where people can't or simply won't go....and it's up to the club (primarily the team) to do something about that.

Did you see the attendance from the so called "greatest supporters in the world"? Bit of food for thought there sean....price of football for some fans combined with poor performances in recent weeks = lower attendances:wink:

Pretty Boy
17-04-2010, 06:34 PM

Beat that.

I was at that game. Shambles. Guy in front of me threw his scarf away..

I wasn't there today though so does this balance off and make me level on the scale off Hibbyness or does missing today relegate me to fairweather fan. All these rules confuse me.:confused:

The Harp
17-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Where were you today?

I'm afraid where I was today has nothing at all to do with you. You've certainly got an attitude eh.
I notice you're 19 (lucky lad!) I can remember travelling home and away with the Hibs at your age - in fact, never missed a game from the game of 16 to mid-twenties. It didn't make me a better fan than anybody else though, just one that was able to travel and had the financial resources to do it.
I'm now 63, and many, many fellow fans, of my generation, who were just as fanatical as I was (or more so, in some cases) have gave up on attending games completely years ago.
Anyway, well done on going today - bit try not to be so judgemental .. and become a private member on here ya cheap-skate!!! :wink:

H18sry
Not often I post on here (normally prefer to read other peoples views and opinions) but felt compelled to respond on this occasion.

While I appreciate the club need our support (and I think we've all been there and said "what a sh$tty support today" on various occasions) some of the "uberfan" tripe posted on this thread is something else!

FWIW, I was at the game today, but there is no way this makes me a "better" Hibs supporter than some of the people posting on this thread are claiming.....I can totally understand why many fans didn't attend today and anybody who can't clearly put something in their cornflakes other than sugar or have barely got out of puberty!

Without even talking about recent performances (which IS a factor, like it or lump it) also worth considering that people lead different lives and therefore have different reasons for going / not going week in / week out.

Some people have to juggle various other elements of their lives simply to get along to Easter Road every 2nd Saturday, let alone get along to every away game too...if everyone in life had the same £ in their pockets each week and lived the same lifestyle, you might have a stronger argument, but until then, you're always going to have occasions - especially when the team seem like they don't care most weeks - where people can't or simply won't go....and it's up to the club (primarily the team) to do something about that.

Did you see the attendance from the so called "greatest supporters in the world"? Bit of food for thought there sean....price of football for some fans combined with poor performances in recent weeks = lower attendances:wink:

:top marks

bawheid
I was at that game. Shambles. Guy in front of me threw his scarf away..

I wasn't there today though so does this balance off and make me level on the scale off Hibbyness or does missing today relegate me to fairweather fan. All these rules confuse me.:confused:

The way I see it, and the point I think Sean was trying to make is...

If you were at the game today, you know more about today's game than someone who wasn't there but has posted a load of pish about how bad Hibs are on Hibs.net.

Lee
17-04-2010, 06:37 PM

Beat that.

But you weren't there today though....part-timer :devil:

Simkin911
17-04-2010, 06:39 PM

Beat that.

Personally, I think any game where you're pumped by your city rivals is hard to "beat" actually. But this type of debate perhaps is more interesting than the original posting. :greengrin

bawheid
17-04-2010, 06:40 PM
But you weren't there today though....part-timer :devil:

Totally. Happy to admit I sat on my arse and watched the telly today.

Which is why I'll bow to the likes of you and Sean when folk are giving their opinions on today's game.

That game at Starks still sends a shivver down my spine though.

Hibby 2005
17-04-2010, 06:41 PM
At the end of the day we couldn't beat a ***** Celtic team.

bawheid
17-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Personally, I think any game where you're pumped by your city rivals is hard to "beat" actually. But this type of debate perhaps is more interesting than the original posting. :greengrin

Oh, I've seen plenty of pumpings off Hearts too, don't worry. :greengrin

Remember the "new dawn", Duffy had just landed his chopper behind the east stand. Hearts rodgered us 4-0 in the New Year game.

Happy days. :bitchy:

judas
17-04-2010, 06:42 PM

Another load of nonsensical bull about loyalty.

One tires of such posts.

And it's - a lot. Not 'alot'.

lEXO
17-04-2010, 06:43 PM
The players should be putting effort in regardless, thats their job.I was,nt at the game partly for financial reasons.I dont see why i should,nt get to comment on the team because i was,nt at the game, is that not what this message board is for.Or is it only for die hards like yourself to come on and berate those that dont go?
Our team has played like a bunch of half arsed amateurs for months,but with less fight than amateurs give.No wonder people did,nt go.Option of spending your cash with family,in pub, meal, pictures etc, or spending the equivelant on following a set of players who are laughing and joking 10 minutes after getting hammered again last week?Plenty people chose option 1.

bawheid
17-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Another load of nonsensical bull about loyalty.

One tires of these posts.

And it's - a lot. Not 'alot'.

Not sure about your grammar and parenthesis here.

Hibby 2005
17-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Defence nowhere midfield nowhere attack no bad.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2010, 06:45 PM
The way I see it, and the point I think Sean was trying to make is...

If you were at the game today, you know more about today's game than someone who wasn't there but has posted a load of pish about how bad Hibs are on Hibs.net.

The only post i have made on here regarding todays game where to defend Stack.

The fact the game was on TV, IMO, makes it perfectly acceptable for those who weren't at the game to voice an opinion as they have had as good as, if not better, views of all the major incidents.

And i'm sorry but Sean was not trying to make any point about fans making comments on hibs.net, he was trying to provoke a reaction and appear a superior fan. he has history for doing such things. I have posted earlier on this thread why i wasn't at Parkhead today and have also, somewhat pathetically, felt the need to defend my credentials as a supporter. The fact of the matter is that it doesn't matter if you went to the game or not. If you saw it, whether in the flesh or on TV, then on a public messageboard you are entitled to your opinion on what happened regardless of what the so called 'true' fans believe.

Scottish football is one of the biggest exploitations going when it comes to value for time and money and the only thing i am surprised about is that so many people still bother to attend.

givescotlandfreedom
17-04-2010, 06:48 PM

Beat that.

I think my personal worst is Dundee away (rearranged to a Wednesday night after the first game was cancelled due to snow with us 1-0 down) February 2003. We lost 3-0 and were absolutely pathetic. Bobby decided that at about 2 minutes into injury time was the right time to make a double substitution. IIRC it was only about a pound to get in though :agree:

jakki
17-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Where were you today?

I'm afraid where I was today has nothing at all to do with you. You've certainly got an attitude eh.
I notice you're 19 (lucky lad!) I can remember travelling home and away with the Hibs at your age - in fact, never missed a game from the game of 16 to mid-twenties. It didn't make me a better fan than anybody else though, just one that was able to travel and had the financial resources to do it.
I'm now 63, and many, many fellow fans, of my generation, who were just as fanatical as I was (or more so, in some cases) have gave up on attending games completely years ago.
Anyway, well done on going today - bit try not to be so judgemental .. and become a private member on here ya cheap-skate!!! :wink:
Hi Harp. Were you a member of the HSC and if so in which bus did you travel with to away games?

judas
17-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Not sure about your grammar and parenthesis here.

Noted.

Hibby 2005
17-04-2010, 06:54 PM
2-1 up, 10 mins to go, Dundee Utd. would have won or at least got a draw.

bighairyfaeleith
17-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I was at home. How nice of someone to start a thread asking where I was today, didn't think anyone cared. Haven't read the actual thread so hope I haven't missed the point :thumbsup:

houston1875
17-04-2010, 06:56 PM
I was at home. How nice of someone to start a thread asking where I was today, didn't think anyone cared. Haven't read the actual thread so hope I haven't missed the point :thumbsup:

lol
:faf::faf:

Lmc2105
17-04-2010, 07:00 PM
I was in a pub in Paisley and was very relieved when i jumped up when Riordan scored that goal as a was surrounded by Rangers fans and not Celtic supporters am just glad to be unharmed :thumbsup::wink:

Wotherspiniesta
17-04-2010, 07:01 PM
2-1 up, 10 mins to go, Dundee Utd. would have won or at least got a draw.

Away and support Dundee United then!

MSK
17-04-2010, 07:03 PM
I was in a pub in Paisley and was very relieved when i jumped up when Riordan scored that goal as a was surrounded by Rangers fans and not Celtic supporters am just glad to be unharmed :thumbsup::wink:You mean you pissed your breeks...:greengrin

Lmc2105
17-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Your easily pleased ...:greengrin

:faf::faf:
I really need to start wording my posts a wee bit better :boo hoo::greengrin

jdships
17-04-2010, 07:04 PM

Oh dear not another "I'm a better supporter than you because ......... "
Done to death a dozen times over in the last year or two
This by Mchibee says it all for me
" None of us are really in a position to question the validity of any other poster unless we know them personally, hence threads like this have little point....imo "
But . If it makes YOU feel better that you WENT and a lot of us didn't then that's fine but I along with many other's I suspect couldn't care less.
:flag:

Hibby 2005
17-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Away and support Dundee United then!

Ha, ha, ha.

Lmc2105
17-04-2010, 07:06 PM
You mean you pissed your breeks...:greengrin

There was a celtic supporters bus leaving and a few of them came in before hand and some didn't leave am like damn picked the wrong pub and forgot where i was when hibs scored and then was relived sorry delighted when the Rangers fans started cheering with me i even got a pint out of it:cool2:after they asked me who i supported even then a fought a was going get lynched was going say St Mirren just to be safe:greengrin

sleeping giant
17-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Well , i started listening on the radio outside my sons Karate hall. I then , unexpectedly , got a free afternoon as the bairns went out with their maw.

Ended up listening to the rest on the laptop and chuffing on white widow if i'm being honest !!

Albanian Hibs
17-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Well done to everyone of the fans who went through today :thumbsup:. If I was back home i would have went too.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Well , i started listening on the radio outside my sons Karate hall. I then , unexpectedly , got a free afternoon as the bairns went out with their maw.

Ended up listening to the rest on the laptop and chuffing on white widow if i'm being honest !!

Sounds like a cracking day in TBH.

bighairyfaeleith
17-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Well done to everyone of the fans who went through today :thumbsup:. If I was back home i would have went too.

What you think being in alaska is an excuse:grr:

DaveF
17-04-2010, 07:19 PM

I've not read the posts after this one as I took the bait with this, hook line and sinker :greengrin

If that logic was correct, then I was a far better supporter - probably before the OP and you were born - because when I was young, free and single I went everywere without a second thought.

But now, I'm just 'passionate' and more or less a second degree fan?

**** me, there isn't half some ***** written on this board and I actually rated you a far better poster than what you have come up with here.

Keith_M
17-04-2010, 07:19 PM
For the OP.

I was out shopping, thereby saving myself in excess of £40 to watch Hibs lose again.

Nameless
17-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Why do people feel the need to justify themselves to the OP:confused:

Who gives a **** what he thinks, he's 19 FFS. I've had hair on ma baws longer than he's been following the team to Glasgow.

hibeedonald
17-04-2010, 07:54 PM
the fan that has made more effort to support his team is the better fan. and i didnt go.

CallumHibs07
17-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I was sitting on my arse at home. Any more questions?

Cameron1875
17-04-2010, 08:11 PM
What was the incentive to go today honestly. Leave the house around 9 to watch a team that doesnt care and just let teams dominate us. They pretend they are bothered by sticking a hand up when a goal goes in to at least claim offside.

It should be a give an take situation with the fans and players. Why should the fans travel from all over to watch hibs when the players arent going to put in a performance regardless.

Been to 2 games since ross county and just completely scunnered. Heading up to Dingwall to watch a team with no heart and a manager who seems a good guy but doesnt have great tactical knowledge has made me think, is it all really worth it.

Brooster
17-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Sean has certainly hit a raw nerve with the part timers.

Frazerbob
17-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Could the crowd have been affected by the fact that the fixtures from today onwards were kept a secret from us all until last week due to the nonsense split?

I mean, maybe if I had more notice I could have arranged the time off work, bought an over priced ticket for the worst view in Scottish football for a game at lunch time that was on the TV, ran the risk of being ejected or lifted for daring to support my team, been abused by the ever so friendly locals whilst making my way to and from the stadium to watch a team of players who haven't tried a leg for the best part of 10 weeks etc etc. And that's before we get cheated out of a result by the ref AGAIN!

And people wonder why the stadium was 2/3 empty.

EDIT: Full marks for those who went today and gave great backing. It sounded like a lot more than a couple of hundred fans on the telly!

The Harp
17-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Hi Harp. Were you a member of the HSC and if so in which bus did you travel with to away games?

Hi Jakki,
I joined the St Giles branch in '62, when the clubrooms were in Carlton Terrace. Travelled with them for a good few years before going to away games by car.
St Giles was a great branch in those days, with some really wonderful characters.
Getting all nostalgic now. :boo hoo:

Pretty Boy
17-04-2010, 08:50 PM

No, he's hit a raw nerve with fans who object to being called part timers with no knowledge of previous attendance, no knowledge of reasons for non attendance today, no knowledge of what some of us have been through watching Hibs in the past.

I could go on but erses like you and good old sean just aren't worth it.

3pm
17-04-2010, 08:51 PM

Shut up. Clown.

gorgie_harp
17-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Man utd :grr::grr: Last minute as per.:grr::grr:

:greengrin:greengrin

Iain G
17-04-2010, 09:02 PM

You pay for my flights and I'll be there next time mate, but only if you drop the holier than thou attitude... :devil:

Iain G
17-04-2010, 09:04 PM
What you think being in alaska is an excuse:grr:

I personally think it's schocking, you are only 12 hours or so away from Glasgow....no excuses :greengrin:wink:

flash
17-04-2010, 09:05 PM

Aye Hungary, Liege, anderlecht, Athens (twice) etc. how dare i miss today.

gorgie_harp
17-04-2010, 09:15 PM
I read you opening post sean and to a certain extent I agree with what you are saying but you have put it across the wrong way by the looks of it..

However , if the 4-1 gubbing by Hamilton wasn't bad enough , to then hear Derek Ferguson on BBC radio Scotland saying that the Hibs players were having a laugh and a joke during the warm down was just criminal.. That made my mind up NOT to go to today and quite justified I think.. I dont speak for everybody else on the site but I think I'd be safe to say that a lot of people were fuming when they heard this and that was there mind made up as well...

Well said pal.
:agree::top marks

Hainan Hibs
17-04-2010, 09:18 PM
I was working,6am start:boo hoo:, found out the tidy Polish bird is coming back to work:thumbsup:, had a tidy southern fried chicken piece for dinner, went home, found out the Hibs score and probably couldn't have cared less:greengrin, listened to some Level 42, cooked up a stir fry for tea and will probably head off to bed and watch some Peep Show.

So, anybody else want to fill us all in with their activities of today?

jakki
17-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi Jakki,
I joined the St Giles branch in '62, when the clubrooms were in Carlton Terrace. Travelled with them for a good few years before going to away games by car.
St Giles was a great branch in those days, with some really wonderful characters.
Getting all nostalgic now. :boo hoo:
I joined St Giles branch around 64 and then moved to Tynecastle Branch. I remember going to boring branch meetings at Carlton Terrace and then moving down to our present clubrooms. I did travel on the St Giles bus. Thats me wi the specs in my signature. Do you recognise me?

gorgie_harp
17-04-2010, 09:24 PM

:rolleyes:

Fantic
17-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Got up with a bit of a hangover but it soon went away. Listened to the first half on the radio then took the bairn out on her bike. Met my mate and came back and listened to some of the second half. Thought we were going to win then Celtc scored. Turned it off and went to halfords to get the bairn a new helmet for her bike, hoping that when we found out the score we might of at least got a draw but it wasnt to be.:grr:

Went to Asda and got a 'extra special' tandoori chicken ready made meal for my tea. It was crap tbh:grr:

Watched the telly but didn't win the lottery:grr:

Thanks for asking. Glory Glory.

sauzee
17-04-2010, 09:32 PM
I was working,6am start:boo hoo:, found out the tidy Polish bird is coming back to work:thumbsup:, had a tidy southern fried chicken piece for dinner, went home, found out the Hibs score and probably couldn't have cared less:greengrin, listened to some Level 42, cooked up a stir fry for tea and will probably head off to bed and watch some Peep Show.

So, anybody else want to fill us all in with their activities of today?

no need to justify your self to a 19 year old,some of us put ourselfs on the line for the club during the hands off hibs, aye,but you wouldn't know about that ! ya wee baldy scrotum,you've no right to question peoples credentials

Mikeystewart
17-04-2010, 09:41 PM
As fans we cant demand performances, no matter how much money we spend, but we can demand professionalism.

IWasThere2016
17-04-2010, 09:43 PM

Did similar. My wee lad's playing in a weekend long tourney in Ayr. We're staying at Craig Tara (Hibs shirts aplenty - Loanhead Mariners team I think) - 4 games today, and two tomorrow.

Wee man's been great - dead proud! :thumbsup:

I'm wi Mrs S as I doubt we'd have got same emotions and satisfaction at Cellic Park tbh.

3pm
17-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Did similar. My wee lad's playing in a weekend long tourney in Ayr. We're staying at Craig Tara (Hibs shirts aplenty - Loanhead Mariners team I think) - 4 games today, and two tomorrow.

Wee man's been great - dead proud! :thumbsup:

I'm wi Mrs S as I doubt we'd have got same emotions and satisfaction at Cellic Park tbh.

It's not about the number of games in a day QTM, progress is the name of the game. :agree:

KingFranck
17-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Maybe if the team had shown a bit of passion for Hibs over the last couple of months,they may have got a bigger crowd today. Here's a good example - U19s got the Cup Final and took a fantastic support to Hampden and deservedly beat Rangers. Why did we take a good support that night? Simples we knew the laddies that night would give their all for the club.
We played well in spells today but as you say the financial problems probably have a lot to do with it but I'd guess the recent displays were a big reason too.

Sir David Gray
17-04-2010, 10:09 PM
I went to Parkhead for the first time in January when we won 2-1 and although the scoreline was good, the view for myself was crap, the car had to be parked on a street with no guarantees for its safety and there was a bit of bother after the game as well which, if it hadn't been dark, I could very well have been caught up in it.

I'll be honest and say that if we were playing a bit better, I might have made the effort to go but I sat in a bar and watched it today and then I watched the Manchester Derby afterwards, with a few drinks as well.

I'll be at Easter Road next week for the Rangers game and I'll be at the Hearts game the week after as well.

In total, I have missed just eight games this season out of forty and today's match was the only one of those eight that I could have attended but just chose not to go.

Baldy
17-04-2010, 10:12 PM
I think my personal worst is Dundee away (rearranged to a Wednesday night after the first game was cancelled due to snow with us 1-0 down) February 2003. We lost 3-0 and were absolutely pathetic. Bobby decided that at about 2 minutes into injury time was the right time to make a double substitution. IIRC it was only about a pound to get in though :agree:

I was there too .. I seem to recall he brought on Garry O'Connor deep into injury time and a defender

iwasthere1972
17-04-2010, 10:12 PM

:agree: Saves me repeating. There will come a time when the OP himself will for some reason find himself not attending matches whether it be to do with finance or something else.

My excuse? I watched it on Sky at home as at the moment I have better things to spend the best part of £50 on.

Uberfans eh. What are they like?