PDA

View Full Version : Lennon - lost the plot?

Steve-O
17-04-2010, 01:31 PM
What was the script with this wee f@nny today? Jumping about like they'd just won the Champions League!!

Weirdo. :agree:

Glasgow Hibee
17-04-2010, 02:45 PM
I think he's playing to the crowd. The fact that he has no experience or track record means less to some people than the fact that he has passion and is "a Celtic man" (whatever that means). They really do believe that there is something special about Celtic and that no other team in the world is the same (deluded fools). I guess thats what happens when you are one of the biggest teams in the world :faf:

If he looks passionate and says the right things will get the crowd on his side and maybe the job next year.

Hainan Hibs
17-04-2010, 02:50 PM
He'll be copying Martin O'Neil to appear "Celtic Minded"

JennaFletcher
17-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Lennon is an idiot, there really is something wrong with Celtic when they treated winning this game with a 87th minute goal like winning the Champions League. Far too over the top, but it just shows how the 'mighty' have fallen. Cheesin' to win against Hibs at 'Paradise' :greengrin

Barney McGrew
17-04-2010, 03:24 PM
The only positive to come out today is that the more often he wins between now and the end of the season, the more chance he has of getting the gig full time.

bringbackjoeT!!
17-04-2010, 03:28 PM
He may be an idiot I have to agree but he made the changes that won celtic the match-substitutions were the difference, whereas our manager just kept it the same even though it was blindingly obvious to everyone that we needed a change at right back, for some reason he took deek off did his typical kneejerk panic sub in reaction to celtic equalising, in totally the wrong area of the pitch of course.

marinello59
17-04-2010, 03:52 PM
The only positive to come out today is that the more often he wins between now and the end of the season, the more chance he has of getting the gig full time.

Exactly. He'll crash and burn over a full season.

JohnnyHibby
17-04-2010, 04:13 PM
I think he's playing to the crowd. The fact that he has no experience or track record means less to some people than the fact that he has passion and is "a Celtic man" (whatever that means). They really do believe that there is something special about Celtic and that no other team in the world is the same (deluded fools). I guess thats what happens when you are one of the biggest teams in the world :faf:

If he looks passionate and says the right things will get the crowd on his side and maybe the job next year.

Yes and behaving like that they (the Greatest mugs in the world)will forget the Ross County result as not important......:agree:

MussyHibby
17-04-2010, 04:36 PM
What was the script with this wee f@nny today? Jumping about like they'd just won the Champions League!!

Weirdo. :agree:

:agree::faf:

(((Fergus)))
17-04-2010, 04:45 PM
TBH I prefer their weirdo to ours. Can't be a worse manager and certainly has a better line in post-match honesty.

shamo9
17-04-2010, 05:47 PM
TBH I prefer their weirdo to ours. Can't be a worse manager and certainly has a better line in post-match honesty.

I`m not sure what`s worse when Hibs go on a dreadful run of form: the feeling of frustration and disappointment or the fact that it gives people the license to post offensive drivel.

Lennon over the `weirdo` Hughes? I`d take Bobby Williamson over that pathetic excuse for a human being. You have a right to your opinion that Hughes isn`t up to it but if you honestly, truly believe what you`re typing then you also have the right to a free brain examination courtesy of your local GP.

Other than Thicot, Galbraith and possibly Benji I can`t think of any suitable candidates on the bench that have consistently performed well. That`s my opinion, could be right or wrong but what`s undoubtedly wrong - without a shadow of a doubt - is the petty and foul language assailed at a Hibs`man through and through by group conspicuous by their size.

Edinburgh Green
17-04-2010, 05:47 PM

If he gets the job full time, let's see how honest he is then.

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 05:49 PM
If he gets the job full time, let's see how honest he is then.

I hope he does.

Celtic are just about an average SPL team now.

IberianHibernian
17-04-2010, 10:19 PM
People have been criticising our players for lacking fight in the last few months and from empty seats at Celtic Park it`s obvious their fans are not happy about their players`efforts either . Lennon shows some passion and that he really cares and people have a go at him . For whatever reason , he got abuse from many fans when a player . As a manager , so far he`s been getting positive comments from fans of other clubs for his post match comments and generally for talking sense . I hope to see Yogi having a successful season with us next year but if he leaves over the summer and Lennon doesn`t get Celtic job full time right now I think he`d be an excellent choice for new manager or as good as any other possible candidate .

Hibercelona
17-04-2010, 10:25 PM
He was bouncing around like a wee fairy.

Must be taking up dance classes with his best (and probably only) pal, Boruc.

Removed
17-04-2010, 10:27 PM
People have been criticising our players for lacking fight in the last few months and from empty seats at Celtic Park it`s obvious their fans are not happy about their players`efforts either . Lennon shows some passion and that he really cares and people have a go at him . For whatever reason , he got abuse from many fans when a player . As a manager , so far he`s been getting positive comments from fans of other clubs for his post match comments and generally for talking sense . I hope to see Yogi having a successful season with us next year but if he leaves over the summer and Lennon doesn`t get Celtic job full time right now I think he`d be an excellent choice for new manager or as good as any other possible candidate .

Aye from EVERY other teams supporters, not just the huns, now what does that tell you.

The day Lennon sets foot anywhere near the home dressing room of Easter Road will be the day I stop going. Bet I'm not the only one either.

Alex B
17-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Aye from EVERY other teams supporters, not just the huns, now what does that tell you.

The day Lennon sets foot anywhere near the home dressing room of Easter Road will be the day I stop going. Bet I'm not the only one either.

I think he'd be a good shout for Hibs manager actually. Celtic's season might be over but he's got a better response out of his players after their defeat by Ross County than Yogi got out of ours. I never liked Lennon as a player either but what does that matter? A manager doesn't need to be universally loved. As long as they can put a winning team on the park that's all that matters. Yogi's a nice guy but his alarming limitations as a manager have become painfully obvious and it amazes me that some fans still think we should persevere with him. Mark my words, we're heading for a relegation battle next season if he's still in charge.

IberianHibernian
17-04-2010, 10:47 PM

The day Lennon sets foot anywhere near the home dressing room of Easter Road will be the day I stop going. Bet I'm not the only one either.What does it tell me ? That he was a good player - fans don`t like good players in the opposition . That he was a competitive player - just like opposing fans don`t / didn`t like Scott Brown , Michael Stewart or Billy Bremner to name 3 . That press can stir up a lot of fans to create controversy and stories . That a lot of fans of all clubs are sheep - not a criticism really , just an acknowledgement that for some fans experience of going to matches needs abusing ref or favourite victims for abuse like Lennon . Some fans ( hopefully not amongst Hibernian support ) don`t like Lennon for bigoted reasons ) . Whatever opinions people have of Lennon onfield as a player , the fact is that many now admire him as a manager and / or as a person after listening to his interviews about football and other issues .
Anyway main point is that we are talking about a manager who celebrated his team`s success in a match that wasn`t seen by many as important in a league that has lost a lot of credibility recently - sounds like just what SPL needs just now .

Removed
17-04-2010, 10:54 PM
I think he'd be a good shout for Hibs manager actually. Celtic's season might be over but he's got a better response out of his players after their defeat by Ross County than Yogi got out of ours. I never liked Lennon as a player either but what does that matter? A manager doesn't need to be universally loved. As long as they can put a winning team on the park that's all that matters. Yogi's a nice guy but his alarming limitations as a manager have become painfully obvious and it amazes me that some fans still think we should persevere with him. Mark my words, we're heading for a relegation battle next season if he's still in charge.

:faf: So'd you'd be happy with a novice manager who was in charge for Celtc's WORST EVER result. A change in manager normally results in a temporary improvement in performances/results but to even think about another trainee manager for ER is just plain rediculous. Agree a manager doesn't need to be universally loved but Lennon is one person who is just about universally hated.

And your comments about Yogi - IMO the painfully obvious limitations are with some of the players, and our manager will change that.

I am actually going to save your post and look forward to quoting it next season. Let's see what Yogi does and then where Lennon ends up.

Mag7
17-04-2010, 11:01 PM
:faf: So'd you'd be happy with a novice manager who was in charge for Celtc's WORST EVER result. A change in manager normally results in a temporary improvement in performances/results but to even think about another trainee manager for ER is just plain rediculous. Agree a manager doesn't need to be universally loved but Lennon is one person who is just about universally hated.

And your comments about Yogi - IMO the painfully obvious limitations are with some of the players, and our manager will change that.

I am actually going to save your post and look forward to quoting it next season. Let's see what Yogi does and then where Lennon ends up.

Hopefully whatever Yogi does it won't be with Hibs. Great guy and a Hibby at heart but a liability as a manager.

Love him or loathe him, I suspect Lennon will go on to be a decent manager, although I doubt he'll get the Celtic job.

Removed
17-04-2010, 11:02 PM
What does it tell me ? That he was a good player - fans don`t like good players in the opposition . That he was a competitive player - just like opposing fans don`t / didn`t like Scott Brown , Michael Stewart or Billy Bremner to name 3 . That press can stir up a lot of fans to create controversy and stories . That a lot of fans of all clubs are sheep - not a criticism really , just an acknowledgement that for some fans experience of going to matches needs abusing ref or favourite victims for abuse like Lennon . Some fans ( hopefully not amongst Hibernian support ) don`t like Lennon for bigoted reasons ) . Whatever opinions people have of Lennon onfield as a player , the fact is that many now admire him as a manager and / or as a person after listening to his interviews about football and other issues .
Anyway main point is that we are talking about a manager who celebrated his team`s success in a match that wasn`t seen by many as important in a league that has lost a lot of credibility recently - sounds like just what SPL needs just now .

Cos he is desperate for a job. He is way out of his depth imo. No danger he will get the job full time.

And no I don't agree that Lennon is hated because he was competitive. The man was a dirty, cynical player - that's why, nothing else.

HamiltonHibee
17-04-2010, 11:03 PM

Relegation battle, u on smack? Stick with yogi and the players will respond, exactly the same will happen at celtic if they keep lennon, both r winners

Mag7
17-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Relegation battle, u on smack? Stick with yogi and the players will respond, exactly the same will happen at celtic if they keep lennon, both r winners

Uh huh. Just like they've responded to a bad run of form? A pitiful eight points out of a possible 36 plus failure to beat Ross County over two games. That's relegation form without a doubt. If that's how the players respond to Yogi when the going gets tough just what makes you think next season will prove any better?

Hainan Hibs
17-04-2010, 11:19 PM
I remember Lennon being hated for being an erse and also being piss easy to wind-up so brought on the abuse himself.

lyonhibs
18-04-2010, 03:38 PM

You bet correctly.

Neil Lennon in the ER dug-out?? I'd almost sooner have a dream team of Gary Locke, Gary McKay and Wallace Mercer's ghost in charge.

HibbyAndy
18-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Lennon's an Imbocile.Thats common knowledge.

lyonhibs
18-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Lennon's an Imbocile.Thats common knowlegde.

You may wish to re-think the spelling/punctuation in that sentence :tee hee:

But yes, an imbecile is a nice, understated way of describing Neil Lennon.

I'd go more for "a dirty, cynical, ginger, Celtc *****" myself, but each to their own :greengrin

HibbyAndy
18-04-2010, 04:13 PM
You may wish to re-think the spelling/punctuation in that sentence :tee hee:

But yes, an imbecile is a nice, understated way of describing Neil Lennon.

I'd go more for "a dirty, cynical, ginger, Celtc *****" myself, but each to their own :greengrin

:greengrin

Quickly addressed. :cool2:

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 04:22 PM
I think all this relegation next season talk is a bit far fetched.

If Blobby could get us 7th then Yogi will not get us relegated.:greengrin

lEXO
18-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Relegation form at the moment.Or are you on crack and havent noticed anything since christmas? As for the players responding to Yogi, same question? Does,nt look like they are responding.