PDA

View Full Version : I'm not disappointed that we lost to Celtic

Diclonius
17-04-2010, 01:28 PM
I am, however, disappointed in the manner we lost.

Replacing Thicot, who has so far been decent at right back, with McCormack, who is a left sided central defender.

Not replacing McCormack at half time despite McGeady being Celtic's sole effective point of attack.

Going 4-3-3 from 4-4-2 - AGAIN - when we are ahead.

Refusing to play a pressing game at 2-1 and even 2-2 and hoping we'll get another one.

For those of you who think it's a "****ing disgrace" and "not acceptable" - FFS we nearly beat Celtic. On current from we should have lost 4-0 or 5-0. Go take some antidepressants.

carnoustiehibee
17-04-2010, 01:31 PM

Replacing Thicot, who has so far been decent at right back, with McCormack, who is a left sided central defender.

Not replacing McCormack at half time despite McGeady being Celtic's sole effective point of attack.

Refusing to play a pressing game at 2-1 and even 2-2 and hoping we'll get another one.

For those of you who think it's a "****ing disgrace" and "not acceptable" - FFS we nearly beat Celtic. On current from we should have lost 4-0 or 5-0. Go take some antidepressants.

the worst celtic team in there history probably.

Bayern Bru
17-04-2010, 01:33 PM
I honestly refuse to believe that after watching McCormack's ineptitude in the game at ER, that Hughes thought he should play him again, against McGeady. I mean, what an act of supreme clownery. ANYone with ANY footballing nous whatsoever could see that McCormack wasn't going to cope with McGeady. Thicot has been one of our most consistent performers recently, yet he gets dropped?

I'm honestly lost for words and that doesn't happen very often. The amount of times McGeady literally scampered past McCormack was ridiculous. McCormack is not a RB, and whilst Thicot is more of a CB, he's more of a RB than McCormack ever is.

Oh well, I'm sure Yogi will decide on another classic defensive lineup against the Hun to hand them a 3-0 win and the title next week. Not because I question his integrity, but I do question his tactical awareness, ability and basically, his common sense.

hibs0666
17-04-2010, 01:34 PM
The Hibs collapse in the final ten minutes was totally predictable. ******rs the lot of them.

Sprouleflyer
17-04-2010, 01:53 PM

A team that still cost around £30M.

carnoustiehibee
17-04-2010, 02:09 PM
A team that still cost around £30M.

does that make then a good team?

what was you opinion on today?

Big Ed
17-04-2010, 02:16 PM
The Hibs collapse in the final ten minutes was totally predictable. ******rs the lot of them.

That's harsh. We have lost two goals in the last ten minutes because of individual errors. Off the top of my head I thought Hanlon was outstanding with honourable mentions for Murray, McBride, Wotherspoon, Riordan and Stokes. Bamba also played well but was culpable for the winner.

erskine-hibby
17-04-2010, 02:50 PM
does that make then a good team?

what was you opinion on today?

Nah just expensive sheite.

Dalkeith Hibee
17-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Cant understand why some folk are desperate to see Thicot at right back...he is as slow as a weekend in the jail and would have got destroyed by McGeady.

Granted so did McCormack but it just highlights the fact that Yogi has had 2 transfer windows to sign a quality right back but he didnt. Today was yet another day where we were punished for that

Diclonius
17-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Cant understand why some folk are desperate to see Thicot at right back...he is as slow as a weekend in the jail and would have got destroyed by McGeady.

Granted so did McCormack but it just highlights the fact that Yogi has had 2 transfer windows to sign a quality right back but he didnt. Today was yet another day where we were punished for that

Desperate? Putting words into my mouth, mate. He's clearly the best we've got at the moment, and that's not saying much.

Big Ed
17-04-2010, 03:49 PM

I agree regarding Thicot; he has neither the pace nor the agression required to play against an in form McGeady.
I think that Yogi may have pinned his hopes on McCann coming back in early in the season and by January, he probably like the way we were playing with Wotherspoon there.
The fact that we play so narrow means that we need a RB who can not only defend, but get up and join in the attack. I wonder if Daniel Alves is out of contract in the Summer?

basehibby
17-04-2010, 04:37 PM

I AM disappointed we lost against Celtic but not at all despondent.

I heartily agree with your last paragraph (I sometimes wonder if some .netters are secretly into self-flagellation on the weekends during the close season) but I think your tactical comments are very much a matter of opinion. Thicot for example had a poor game last week from most reports - I certainly would not have been particularly confident that he'd have done any better a job than McCormack at marking McGeady.

Also re the bit in bold, surely the reverse is true - given that Galbraith is much more a midfielder than Riordan surely we went to 4-4-2 when he replaced Deeks.

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 11:12 PM

He hasn't taken the chance and couldn't get Barr either.

I know Mulgrew could be a gamble but i think we should go for him in the summer, at least he's a natural right back and dangerous from set-pieces.

Diclonius
17-04-2010, 11:15 PM
I know Mulgrew could be a gamble but i think we should go for him in the summer, at least he's a natural right back and dangerous from set-pieces.

Nope. Left back.

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Nope. Left back.

Whoops.

We'd still be better of with him at RB though than what we've got at the moment.

AFKA5814_Hibs
17-04-2010, 11:34 PM

Not quite sure about that. Was looking at the Sun yesterday and noticed that when the Huns won 9 in a row, Celtic were not runners up the first 7 seasons. It was only the last two seasons that Celtic were runners up. Twice I think Celtic finished outwith the top 4.

To say this season is Celtic's worst team in their history is not quite correct. Not a single Stuart Slater or Rafael Scheidt in sight. :greengrin

vahibbie
17-04-2010, 11:46 PM
I'm very disappointed we lost to Celtic, just no very surprised.
Compared to most Celtic teams this one is rank, they are about as low in confidence as you can get, same as us, but so much more pressure on them.
Apparently the Celtic players responded to Lennon's talks more than ours did to Yogi's. Of course if Yogi rambles the same *****e to them as he spouts at his interviews then, again, I'm no surprised.

basehibby
18-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Not quite sure about that. Was looking at the Sun yesterday and noticed that when the Huns won 9 in a row, Celtic were not runners up the first 7 seasons. It was only the last two seasons that Celtic were runners up. Twice I think Celtic finished outwith the top 4.

To say this season is Celtic's worst team in their history is not quite correct. Not a single Stuart Slater or Rafael Scheidt in sight. :greengrin

:agree: There's a lot of very wet behind the ears posters who seem to think Celtic were founded in the year 2000 and that the preceding decade in which Celtic's final league position averaged at THIRD never actually existed :bitchy:
These experts also fail to notice that this very poor Celtic team who Hughes' struggling side should apparently have swept the floor with have still only lost ONCE at home all season to all comers.

hibs0666
18-04-2010, 03:31 PM
These experts also fail to notice that this very poor Celtic team who Hughes' struggling side should apparently have swept the floor with have still only lost ONCE at home all season to all comers.

Phew, that makes me feel much better about yet another Hibs collapse in the final stages of a game. :wink: