PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha ha

Archie70
17-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Ha Ha Ha the lads played well, Ha Ha Ha I'm proud of what they've gave me this season, Ha HA HA I know what the problem is, Ha Ha Ha buy into my philosophy, Ha Ha Ha my dad was a docker fae Leef, Ha Ha Ha the last 5 games have been dissapointing!

Lets prepare ourselves for the usual drivel. Congratulations on yet again turning a game with your substiutions. What the ***** happened to making us harder to beat. Another 3 goals. Plan A bring on a forward. Plan B bring on another forward. If ever there was game that a draw would have been a good result it was today. Now we get the privilage of watching the Huns win the league next week. Its just another boot in the balls!

Yogi you're incapable of turning this around.
Petrie you're delaying the inevitable.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 01:24 PM
You are an

CMac1988
17-04-2010, 01:24 PM
You could tell he was hurting, but he ****ing should be.

Still managed to talk the same pish though, least he knows it.

Disco Dave
17-04-2010, 01:25 PM
You are an .

What he said :top marks

Frazerbob
17-04-2010, 01:26 PM
You are an .

"We need to do more defensively"

Oh really Yogi, well why the **** didn't you make the changes that everyone else could see were needed to close the game out?

How you can continue to defend this balloon is beyond me BH. Especially the way you went for the jugular with previous managers.

Jim44
17-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Ha Ha Ha the lads played well, Ha Ha Ha I'm proud of what they've gave me this season, Ha HA HA I know what the problem is, Ha Ha Ha buy into my philosophy, Ha Ha Ha my dad was a docker fae Leef, Ha Ha Ha the last 5 games have been dissapointing!

Lets prepare ourselves for the usual drivel. Congratulations on yet again turning a game with your substiutions. What the ***** happened to making us harder to beat. Another 3 goals. Plan A bring on a forward. Plan B bring on another forward. If ever there was game that a draw would have been a good result it was today. Now we get the privilage of watching the Huns win the league next week. Its just another boot in the balls!

Will Rangers still win the league at Easter Road if the Jambos beat them tomorrow? They really shouldn't but the way this season is going I think it's almost inevitable.:bitchy:

Archie70
17-04-2010, 01:29 PM
You are an .

A season ticket holder for 26 years entitles me to my opinion!

And you're easily satisfied.

cabbage07
17-04-2010, 01:37 PM
A season ticket holder for 26 years entitles me to my opinion!

And you're easily satisfied.

Exactly ! mate and thats what messageboard are for opinions .2 wins 1n 14 BH? only an arse! would be happy with that give it a rest .

Alfred E Newman
17-04-2010, 01:37 PM

Oh really Yogi, well why the **** didn't you make the changes that everyone else could see were needed to close the game out?

How you can continue to defend this balloon is beyond me BH. Especially the way you went for the jugular with previous managers.

Totally agree. We were 10 mins from Europe and blew it again. Nish and Riordan should have been off at 2-1 and go 4-5 1 to see the game out. The woefully slow McCormack needed help down that side against McGeady. Hearts and United would have done it but we plough on with 3 strikers. Frustrating once again.

joe breezy
17-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Exactly ! mate and thats what messageboard are for opinions .2 wins 1n 14 BH? only an arse! would be happy with that give it a rest .

:agree:

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 01:39 PM

Well its obvious to me, we do need to do more defensivly, Yogi is right. He's also said we are a million miles from were he wants us to be, thats right too. We did well at times today, we also rode our luck too. We lost today, to an offside goal. There was plenty positives today, Bamba and Hanlon, Stokes and riordan, Wotherspoon looking better. McBride getting 90 minutes. Europe here we come.:thumbsup:

hibs0666
17-04-2010, 01:39 PM
You are an .

And Hibs are ******.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 01:40 PM

Who is happy at that?

hibs0666
17-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Well its obvious to me, we do need to do more defensivly, Yogi is right. He's also said we are a million miles from were he wants us to be, thats right too. We did well at times today, we also rode our luck too. We lost today, to an offside goal. There was plenty positives today, Bamba and Hanlon, Stokes and riordan, Wotherspoon looking better. McBride getting 90 minutes. Europe here we come.:thumbsup:

More spin than a Bosch dryer.

Phil D. Rolls
17-04-2010, 01:43 PM

He's a million miles from where we want him to be as well.

When's the next flight to Mars?

J-C
17-04-2010, 01:44 PM

Gary, They'll not listen.

I thouight they played well for 70 minutes today, then suddenly looke jaded in centre midfield, that's where we lost it.

Their second was lucky that Stack's save could've went anywhere and the 3rd was offside.

Betty Boop
17-04-2010, 01:44 PM
He's a million miles from where we want him to be as well.

When's the next flight to Mars?

:greengrin

Archie70
17-04-2010, 01:45 PM

with 6 points out of 42 what else could he say. Talks cheap.

Phil D. Rolls
17-04-2010, 01:46 PM

I thouight they played well for 70 minutes today, then suddenly looke jaded in centre midfield, that's where we lost it.

Their second was lucky that Stack's save could've went anywhere and the 3rd was offside.

Is it not the manager's job to anticipate things like that and change his tactics accordingly though?

WHUHibs
17-04-2010, 01:46 PM

Hmmm perhaps BH is trying to provoke:wink:

Alfred E Newman
17-04-2010, 01:47 PM

But why does he not try and be more defensive for the last 15 mins today ? I thought we did play well at times but that was largely down to a poor Celtic team giving us time on the ball something Ross County and Hamilton didn`t do and none of the other sides left to play will either. Europe is far from in the bag I`m afraid.

Big Ed
17-04-2010, 01:48 PM
with 6 points out of 42 what else could he say. Talks cheap.

What would you have liked him to have said?

J-C
17-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Is it not the manager's job to anticipate things like that and change his tactics accordingly though?

He tried adding pace by using Galbraith but I thought the other side was the problem, I would've brought Thicot on for Rankin.

WHUHibs
17-04-2010, 01:49 PM

Ok so today we were unlucky.....what about the last 4 months?

Do give me ,,,we are well placed etc,,,,Football is not a matter of look at the whole season...as you pay your money each week and you should expect better...if we started the season like this I am not sure we would have escaped relegation,,,maybe you have weeks up and down but not 4 months!

J-C
17-04-2010, 01:50 PM
But why does he not try and be more defensive for the last 15 mins today ? I thought we did play well at times but that was largely down to a poor Celtic team giving us time on the ball something Ross County and Hamilton didn`t do and none of the other sides left to play will either. Europe is far from in the bag I`m afraid.

To be honest I thought we looked comfortable and looked the more likely to make it 3-1, why be defensive against a poor Celtic team, at least he gave it a go.

fatbloke
17-04-2010, 01:51 PM
You are an .

Pot and kettle spring to mind or as we used to say as bairns - takes one to know one. Poster entitled to his opinion

hibiedude
17-04-2010, 01:52 PM

We will be struggling for Europe if Motherwell pick up 3 points today or tomorrow

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 01:53 PM

I thought you said it wouldnt matter what team he put out, they were all crap? You really will have to make your mind up, either we do have the players, or we dont?

It doesn`t matter what combination you come up with lads, you are just shuffling the same crap around.

J-C
17-04-2010, 01:53 PM

Do give me ,,,we are well placed etc,,,,Football is not a matter of look at the whole season...as you pay your money each week and you should expect better...if we started the season like this I am not sure we would have escaped relegation,,,maybe you have weeks up and down but not 4 months!

We all know we've had problems for the past 3 months and without the right personnel it was always difficult to get results, today was a lot better but you seen a few players fading in the last 10 mins, this is were our weakness is. Certain players either not giving it their all or just not good enough to take us forward.

Alfred E Newman
17-04-2010, 01:54 PM
To be honest I thought we looked comfortable and looked the more likely to make it 3-1, why be defensive against a poor Celtic team, at least he gave it a go.

To guarantee we didn`t lose, which we did.

snooky
17-04-2010, 01:57 PM

I don't think we ever looked comfortable in the right back position.
Re. the subs, (if I can paraphrase a line from a political letter in the Scotsman today) "It was a masterful move, akin to re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic"

J-C
17-04-2010, 01:57 PM
To guarantee we didn`t lose, which we did.

What guarantee is there though, we looked comfortable at 2-1 and thought we could've scored again and made the game safe, Yogi obviously thought that too.

J-C
17-04-2010, 01:59 PM
I don't think we ever looked comfortable in the right back.
Re. the subs, (if I can paraphrase a line from a political letter in the Scotsman today) "It was a masterful move, akin to re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic"

I said on another thread that McCormack struggled and that is my only concern today, for 80 mins we looked comfortable as a whole.

matty_f
What guarantee is there though, we looked comfortable at 2-1 and thought we could've scored again and made the game safe, Yogi obviously thought that too.

:agree: All we'd have done is invite Celtc onto us, and Yogi have got pelters for not trying to put Celtc under pressure.

Keith_M

As the weeks pass, I'm becoming more and more convinced that you're either on drugs or are Yogi's brother.

Please let us all know what makes you so confident that Hibs won't carry on in the same vein that they've been for three months and blow their chance of European football?

Phil D. Rolls
17-04-2010, 02:01 PM

I don't think there would have been any shame in trying to shut the shop and grind out a point tbh. I accept that our strengths are in attack, but it would be nice to be able to switch tactics.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 02:03 PM
We all know we've had problems for the past 3 months and without the right personnel it was always difficult to get results, today was a lot better but you seen a few players fading in the last 10 mins, this is were our weakness is. Certain players either not giving it their all or just not good enough to take us forward.

14th of february is when the bad run started, before that from the turn of the year, we had won 5 drawn 2 and lost 1.

Hibernia Na Eir

gettin beat off the worst celtic team in living memory is not somethin to shout about. Useless hibs

J-C
I don't think there would have been any shame in trying to shut the shop and grind out a point tbh. I accept that our strengths are in attack, but it would be nice to be able to switch tactics.

Why invite them onto us and attempt to defend for 20 odd minutes, that'd be suicide and still Yogi would've got pelters for being to boring and defensive/ handing it to Celtic etc, he just can't win.:confused:

Big Frank
You are an .

dreadful.

:bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 02:04 PM
As the weeks pass, I'm becoming more and more convinced that you're either on drugs or are Yogi's brother.

Please let us all know what makes you so confident that Hibs won't carry on in the same vein that they've been for three months and blow their chance of European football?

:confused:

The Voice Of Reason
17-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Why invite them onto us and attempt to defend for 20 odd minutes, that'd be suicide and still Yogi would've got pelters for being to boring and defensive/ handing it to Celtic etc, he just can't win.:confused:

Was about to post the same thing. :top marks

Hiber-nation
17-04-2010, 02:10 PM
:confused:

Maybe not 3 months but 2 wins in the league since the beginning of February...against Killie and Falkirk.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Maybe not 3 months but 2 wins in the league since the beginning of February...against Killie and Falkirk.

So why do people say 3 months, or since the start of the year? Yes we are on a desperate run, but trying to make it look even worse does them no favours.

Archie70
17-04-2010, 02:34 PM
14th of february is when the bad run started, before that from the turn of the year, we had won 5 drawn 2 and lost 1.

And since then, when we were 18 ahead of the yams, we've scored 15, lost 29, dumped out the cup by a first division team after being ahead 3 times, lost 5 against St Johnstone, 4 against Hamilton and Dundee Utd, lacklustre derby, been ahead in 5 games and lost them all and 9 goals in the last 10 mins!

Yet I'm an arse for coming on here and challenging it. As for the give him time argument - Lennon, Houston, Brown and Jeffries, all just in the door, yet we're the ones in freefall!
What exactly is the philosophy he talks about?

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 02:41 PM
And since then, when we were 18 ahead of the yams, we've scored 15, lost 29, dumped out the cup by a first division team after being ahead 3 times, lost 5 against St Johnstone, 4 against Hamilton and Dundee Utd, lacklustre derby, been ahead in 5 games and lost them all and 9 goals in the last 10 mins!

Yet I'm an arse for coming on here and challenging it. As for the give him time argument - Lennon, Houston, Brown and Jeffries, all just in the door, yet we're the ones in freefall!
What exactly is the philosophy he talks about?

I apologise for the arse comment, there was no need. There is no point in me saying again, about the injuries, the suspensions, players form dipping, and the players we have in reserve being crap. You have your opinion, i have mine. I'm just glad the man in charge will be given the chance to take us forward.

erskine-hibby
17-04-2010, 02:47 PM
What would you have liked him to have said?

I resign.

erskine-hibby
17-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Bye :bye:

You goin somewhere??

Do us a favour and take Yogi with you.

erskine-hibby
17-04-2010, 03:06 PM
No.
See, you had "I resign", so I put "Bye :bye:" as a response because it looked like you were saying I resign and that would mean that you were resigning and going so I was saying Bye.

Now I know full well that you are not resigning and your comment was in fact a response to a previous post, suggesting that the words and indeed the action should in fact come from John Hughes.

If in the event it was I that was resigning, or goin somewhere, I doubt very much i would be in a position to take Yogi with me without some spurious claims of kidnapping being levelled against me. Assuming yogi didn't want to leave with me. Which I'm not. Leaving. Resigning.

Ah so it was a vein attempt a humour...I get it:rolleyes:

Big Ed
17-04-2010, 03:13 PM
I resign.

Well no one could accuse you of being unpredictable.

Cropley10
17-04-2010, 03:14 PM
I apologise for the arse comment, there was no need. There is no point in me saying again, about the injuries, the suspensions, players form dipping, and the players we have in reserve being crap. You have your opinion, i have mine. I'm just glad the man in charge will be given the chance to take us forward.

Forward to what? Yogi makes Mixu look Mourinho. Talk's cheap.

He is as much to blame as the piss poor players we have. All game McCormack getting torn a new one and he does nuffin.

erskine-hibby
17-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Well no one could accuse you of being unpredictable.

No one could accuse me of changing my colours either.

sesoim
17-04-2010, 03:17 PM

Why are you so confident about Hughes when I remember you regularly criticizing most of the other mangers we've had in the last decade? Nobody else since McLeish has been allowed the funds to sign players like Stokes and Miller, yet Hibs look well on their way to 6th place like Mixu and JC.

There seems to be some fans who worship Hughes, maybe they love his "banter", I don't know, but he didn't deserve the Hibs job and unfortunately a few of his mates/ followers seemed to influence Petrie into appointing him.

Now it looks like we'll finish 6th again, only this time we will do it having spent a lot more than in the last few years.

Eaststand
17-04-2010, 03:18 PM
I cant wait to get to the end of this season - Celtic were crap and we still got beat so that says it all.
I thought Stack was hesitant again today and thats costing us lots of goals ....
Some of the balls into the box that seem close enough for him to go for, get left, and that unsettles defenders cos they aint sure if he's going for the ball or not

GGTTH

basehibby
17-04-2010, 03:20 PM

Hahaha - you're a ::bye:

basehibby
17-04-2010, 03:23 PM

What changes were they? please enlighten us with your hitherto unknown tactical genius :confused:

bingo70
17-04-2010, 03:27 PM

No idea why you've got as much grief as you have done for the 'arse' comment, OP was being a smart arse within minutes of a defeat from a game we looked like winnning. Of course everyones entitled to there opinions but were all the "ha ha's" really necessary? Couldn't the opinion have been given without that?

He is as much to blame as the piss poor players we have. All game McCormack getting torn a new one and he does nuffin.

Completely disagree about yogi and Mixu, we played well today, 10 minutes away from a terrific result. I'm amazed by the negativity on here after that today. (i'm not really that amazed TBH, i just think most people are wrong)

You say he should have done more to stop Mccormack getting torn a new one, the reason he kept getting ripped was a lack of pace, what were the alternatives? Mccan and Thicot, both also struggle with a lack of pace so it wouldn't have changed that much IMO.

basehibby
17-04-2010, 03:28 PM
And Hibs are ******.

and you are also an :asshole:

Big Ed
17-04-2010, 03:30 PM
No one could accuse me of changing my colours either.

You're spot on there - take any Hibs Manager, add a run of bad results and bingo!
Get him tae ****!!!

Cropley10
17-04-2010, 03:31 PM
No idea why you've got as much grief as you have done for the 'arse' comment, OP was being a smart arse within minutes of a defeat from a game we looked like winnning. Of course everyones entitled to there opinions but were all the "ha ha's" really necessary? Couldn't the opinion have been given without that?

He is as much to blame as the piss poor players we have. All game McCormack getting to

Completely disagree about yogi and Mixu, we played well today, 10 minutes away from a terrific result. I'm amazed by the negativity on here after that today. (i'm not really that amazed TBH, i just think most people are wrong)

You say he should have done more to stop Mccormack getting torn a new one, the reason he kept getting ripped was a lack of pace, what were the alternatives? Mccan and Thicot, both also struggle with a lack of pace so it wouldn't have changed that much IMO.

Sorry I don't think we played well at all today.

erskine-hibby
17-04-2010, 03:31 PM
You're spot on there - take any Hibs Manager, add a run of bad results and bingo!
Get him tae ****!!!

Who, apart from Yogi, have I said this about??

I backed Mixu up until it was clear he was out of his depth, even then i don't think I ever said that.
JC?....No
Mowbray?...No

So when, pray tell.

noseyhibby
17-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Sad to see so many personal attacks on individual posters in this thread. :bitchy: Is it really so hard to focus on the points being made and respond to or attack these instead?:cool2: At least BH has apologised.

bingo70
17-04-2010, 03:34 PM

No need to apologise, everyone is wrong from time to time :wink:

basehibby
17-04-2010, 03:34 PM

Get yer facts right FFS :grr: - the last TWO months have been sheight - up to then we were up on Celtic's coat tails - FACT

And I can perfectly understand folk being upset about that - what I can't fathom is all the fannies giving pelters to the team and manager for what was a very creditable performance.

Some of the dicks on this thread must have been born yesterday if they think we can stroll through to Parkhead expecting a result just cos it suits us :rolleyes:

bingo70
17-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Get yer facts right FFS :grr: - the last TWO months have been sheight - up to then we were up on Celtic's coat tails - FACT

And I can perfectly understand folk being upset about that - what I can't fathom is all the fannies giving pelters to the team and manager for what was a very creditable performance.

Some of the dicks on this thread must have been born yesterday if they think we can stroll through to Parkhead expecting a result just cos it suits us :rolleyes:

Spot on, people go on about performance levels being as important as the result, yet when we win or lose it's the same over the top reaction to both.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 03:44 PM

Well said, yes recent results have been bad, very bad, but it seems most want to exaggerate what's happened to try and make their point more valid.:confused::bitchy:

FWFW i thought we played well today, and there were some good positives i took from the game.:thumbsup:

hibs0666
17-04-2010, 03:49 PM
and you are also an:

And Hibs are ******.

matty_f
17-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Well said, yes recent results have been bad, very bad, but it seems most want to exaggerate what's happened to try and make their point more valid.:confused::bitchy:

FWFW i thought we played well today, and there were some good positives i took from the game.:thumbsup:

:agree: I didn't think we deserved to lose the game,and for all the chat about Celtc being the worst Celtc side in memory, they're still well clear in second of most of the SPL sides. Not only that, but we went with real selection problems and fielded half a team of kids.

I didn't think we were spineless, gutless, or anything like that today. I thought we've played worse and won this season.

basehibby
17-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Sad to see so many personal attacks on individual posters in this thread. :bitchy: Is it really so hard to focus on the points being made and respond to or attack these instead?:cool2: At least BH has apologised.

I'm not apologising because I think the OP was an idiotic rant with little or no foundation in the facts laid out by today's performance.

Also anyone who says Hibs are sheight is an arse and owes the whole board an apolgy IMO

basehibby
17-04-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm not apologising because I think the OP was an idiotic rant with little or no foundation in the facts laid out by today's performance.

Also anyone who says Hibs are sheight is an arse and owes the whole board an apolgy IMO.

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 03:55 PM
:agree: I didn't think we deserved to lose the game,and for all the chat about Celtc being the worst Celtc side in memory, they're still well clear in second of most of the SPL sides. Not only that, but we went with real selection problems and fielded half a team of kids.

I didn't think we were spineless, gutless, or anything like that today. I thought we've played worse and won this season.

It's the fashion that we lost in that i was gutted with.

You thought we couldve hung on for the last 10 minutes but it din't help that we sat too deep, after bringing on two attacking players which i thought was quite careless of Yogi to do.

It was better than recent performances though and we will win at least 1 of our 4 remaining games if we play like we did today in they games.

hibs0666
17-04-2010, 03:55 PM

Also anyone who says Hibs are sheight is an arse and deserves the whole board an apolgy IMO

But Hibs are ******. though.

4-1 Hamilton
5-1 St. Johnstone
Canny beat Ross County over three hours after being ahead in both games.

Not even vaguely acceptable.

Big Ed
17-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Who, apart from Yogi, have I said this about??

I backed Mixu up until it was clear he was out of his depth, even then i don't think I ever said that.
JC?....No
Mowbray?...No
Mogga?...No

So when, pray tell.

Maybe I got mixed up with Mogga and Mowbray :confused::confused:
As for Mixu; at what point was it clear that he was out of his depth? and clear to who?

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 04:03 PM
It's the fashion that we lost in that i was gutted with.

You thought we couldve hung on for the last 10 minutes but it din't help that we sat too deep, after bringing on two attacking players which i thought was quite careless of Yogi to do.

It was better than recent performances though and we will win at least 1 of our 4 remaining games if we play like we did today in they games.

Galbraith defends more than Riordan does, and Benji does the same as Nish, only better.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 04:04 PM

4-1 Hamilton
5-1 St. Johnstone

Who is actually saying it is?

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Galbraith defends more than Riordan does, and Benji does the same as Nish, only better.

Good point, but we should be bringing on naturally defensive players instead.

Benji couldn't have hit the ball any worse near the end when it was still 2-2 with that great chance, although Nish done equally as bad when he swiped thin air instead of the ball in the first half.

bawheid
17-04-2010, 04:07 PM

4-1 Hamilton
5-1 St. Johnstone

Past caring this season to be honest. There's no doubt we're in free-fall but nothing can change until the summer. Until Hughes gets the players he doesn't want out, and the players he does want in, we'll have the same weaknesses.

I thought we played well today and were unlucky to lose the game. We could lose the remaining four games but it wouldn't change my opinion. We should stick with a manager for more than one season.

Also, the OP is an arse, purely for the childish and snobbish piss-take of the way Hughes talks.

bingo70
17-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Past caring this season to be honest. There's no doubt we're in free-fall but nothing can change until the summer. Until Hughes gets the players he doesn't want out, and the players he does want in, we'll have the same weaknesses.

I thought we played well today and were unlucky to lose the game. We could lose the remaining four games but it wouldn't change my opinion. We should stick with a manager for more than one season.

Also, the OP is an arse, purely for the childish and snobbish piss-take of the way Hughes talks.

:top marks

exactly what i was tying to say earlier.

Big Ed
17-04-2010, 04:12 PM

Alfred E Newman
17-04-2010, 04:38 PM
I thought you said it wouldnt matter what team he put out, they were all crap? You really will have to make your mind up, either we do have the players, or we dont?

I was right we obviously don`t. But a more defensive combination of crapness might just have seen us hold out for an unlikely win against a poor Celtic team.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 04:41 PM
I was right we obviously don`t. But a more defensive combination of crapness might just have seen us hold out for an unlikely win against a poor Celtic team.

Or maybe it would have just invited them on to us. And they would have won 4-2?

bingo70
17-04-2010, 04:45 PM

If Yogi had brought on more defensive minded players i'm 100% certain he would be getting absolute pelters on here for not going for it against the worst celtic team in history.

A lot of people on here are no longer giving objective genuine opinions on what they see or hear from Yogi, they've made they're mind up they don't like him and thats that.

Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such *****e that was getting spouted from so many

NAE NOOKIE
17-04-2010, 04:45 PM
IMO Hibs played 70 odd minutes of decent football today and lost coz of the following:

We gave the ball away outside our own 18 yard box to gift Celtic the first goal.

We allowed McGeady too much time out left for the 2nd goal.

Even though the 3rd goal was offside the Celtic player who delivered the ball into the box practically send a letter a week in advance to let us know it was coming, but even then two defenders who were within feet of the striker allowed him to get to the near post to poke it in ....... It was rank bad defending.

I thought our midfield were as good as they have been in weeks and its interesting that they seemed to compete better without Miller, who to be fair has been off form lately.

Is it also a coincidence that Hibs were as good as they have been in weeks on what looked like a decent pitch.

Having said that, what a bummer to lose the way we did against a truly, by their standards, rank Celtic team.

We should still give Yogi time. Not coz he is Yogi but because we cant start sacking managers every 5 minutes without giving them time to prove that they really are rotten and not just suffering from bad luck.

If December comes round and we are still as bad as we have been since the start of February then yes I think it will be time to seriously consider shipping him.

Alfred E Newman
17-04-2010, 04:49 PM

Or we might have hit them on the break and won 3-1 ? What I do know is, two attacking players were brought on and we lost! Well done Yogi.

The Voice Of Reason
17-04-2010, 04:50 PM

:agree: :top marks

bingo70
17-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Or we might have hit them on the break and won 3-1 ? What I do know is, two attacking players were brought on and we lost! Well done Yogi.

were you criticising Yogi for bringing on Galbraith the last time we went to celtic park?

3pm
17-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Probably quite a good game for Hibs today - a bogging Celtic team at a half full Parkhead. Room to play, not a lot of tackles to be made, good pitch. Performance was reasonable, a few good performances. Whether you are pro or anti Hughes, I wouldn't think anyone has learnt anything new.

Alfred E Newman
17-04-2010, 05:01 PM
were you criticising Yogi for bringing on Galbraith the last time we went to celtic park?

Didn`t Yogi say himself that he was going to have to make us harder to beat? Given our recent dire form he should have tried to hold what we had. Even a point might might have meant no Rangers title celebrations next week. He made the same crazy substitutions at 2-1 in the Ross County game at ER with catastrophic results.

bingo70
17-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Didn`t Yogi say himself that he was going to have to make us harder to beat? Given our recent dire form he should have tried to hold what we had. Even a point might might have meant no Rangers title celebrations next week. He made the same crazy substitutions at 2-1 in the Ross County game at ER with catastrophic results.

so did you criticise him for bringing on Galbraith at celtic park last time?

The Voice Of Reason
17-04-2010, 05:07 PM

I'll second that.

DID YOU CRITICIZE HIM FOR BRINGING ON GALBRAITH AT CELTIC PARK LAST TIME ?

vahibbie
17-04-2010, 05:17 PM
What really gets me about Yogi's comments is he acknowledges the fact we defended too deep and that was obvious after we went ahead. Why the hell couldn't he get them to move out and if he was incapable of that why not substitute to actually defend properly:bitchy:

And what the f'k does "ah'll huv tae get tae mahsel" actually mean:confused:
And I'm not making fun of the way he talks...ah'm fi Granton:wink:

A better performance but Celtic are rank and we wasted a good chance to gain 3 much needed points. Hopefully it won't come back to haunt us.

bingo70
17-04-2010, 05:23 PM
What really gets me about Yogi's comments is he acknowledges the fact we defended too deep and that was obvious after we went ahead. Why the hell couldn't he get them to move out and if he was incapable of that why not substitute to actually defend properly:bitchy:

And what the f'k does "ah'll huv tae get tae mahsel" actually mean:confused:
And I'm not making fun of the way he talks...ah'm fi Granton:wink:

A better performance but Celtic are rank and we wasted a good chance to gain 3 much needed points. Hopefully it won't come back to haunt us.

without wanting to have a go at you, you say we were defending too deep yet the majority on here are complaining that we didn't bring on a more defensive player, if we brought another defender then we would have invited them to come at us even more so would have naturally sat deeper.

think my point is it's no as easy to manage hibs as many on here are suggesting

Baldy Foghorn
17-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Why anyone would start a thread entitled "HA HA HA" after losing to Celtic, is totally beyond me:confused:

Unless they are of a yam persuasion?

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 05:26 PM
without wanting to have a go at you, you say we were defending too deep yet the majority on here are complaining that we didn't bring on a more defensive player, if we brought another defender then we would have invited them to come at us even more so would have naturally sat deeper.

It is a lot easier to make a statement though, knowing full well, it will never have to be tested, and will always have worked because the poster says so, thats enough proof apparently.

basehibby
17-04-2010, 05:28 PM

4-1 Hamilton
5-1 St. Johnstone

Hibs have nothing to do with any branch of islam and are a non-sectarian club. joking aside though, the results and performances you posted WERE ideed of the ****** persuasion.

Today should be judged on it's own merits though and even if the result was not what we'd have wanted the performance was there!

Also, hibs are not just about the football team on the park this season and to tarnish the great name with all it's great heritage with the ******y brush is a great sin IMO - SHAME ON YOU!

matty_f
17-04-2010, 05:29 PM
If Yogi had brought on more defensive minded players i'm 100% certain he would be getting absolute pelters on here for not going for it against the worst celtic team in history.

A lot of people on here are no longer giving objective genuine opinions on what they see or hear from Yogi, they've made they're mind up they don't like him and thats that.

Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such *****e that was getting spouted from so many

:top marks

Hit the nail full on the head there mate.

Alfred E Newman
17-04-2010, 05:33 PM

Don`t be silly, of course not but in that game we were not in the lead at the time .
I think you are missing the point. I know as well as anyone the lack of quality in the squad and the limited options available from the bench. For what its worth I would have taken Nish and not Riordan off for Galbraith which would have given us 5 in midfield and might have offered some protection to the stuggling McCormack. Then he could have taken Riordan off and stuck Thicot in midfield for the last 10 mins. Then we might just have come out the game with something.
However. as you will no doubt be quick to tell me, I am just another slavering doom and gloomer and not a top rate manager like Yogi .

HFC 0-7
17-04-2010, 05:39 PM

We never played well today at all. Just because we play against a very bad celtic team and are ahead for part of the game doesnt mean we played well. Any team that actually played well against that Celtic team would have won easy.

Hughes never dealt with anything a manager should do during the game. Mc Cormack was getting ripped in there and yet nothing was done. we started losing the midfield battle and nothing was done to combat that. instead we eneded up with forwards coming on. Yogi seems to be very weak tactically and when there are problems like today simply has his fingers crossed and hopes for the best.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Don`t be silly, of course not but in that game we were not in the lead at the time .
I think you are missing the point. I know as well as anyone the lack of quality in the squad and the limited options available from the bench. For what its worth I would have taken Nish and not Riordan off for Galbraith which would have given us 5 in midfield and might have offered some protection to the stuggling McCormack. Then he could have taken Riordan off and stuck Thicot in midfield for the last 10 mins. Then we might just have come out the game with something.
However. as you will no doubt be quick to tell me, I am just another slavering doom and gloomer and not a top rate manager like Yogi .

Can you tell me who the 2 were we played up front? As from my view on the 42 inch plasma, it looked like 5 in the middle most of the time anyway. Riordan rankin McBride and wotherspoon, with Nish dropping back when they had the ball. Galbraith and Benji doing similar when they came on. Surely you are not telling me we played 4-4-2, thats the formation everyone wants us to play, yet suddenly we want 4-5-1 now.:confused:

Alfred E Newman
17-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Can you tell me who the 2 were we played up front? As from my view on the 42 inch plasma, it looked like 5 in the middle most of the time anyway. Riordan rankin McBride and wotherspoon, with Nish dropping back when they had the ball. Galbraith and Benji doing similar when they came on. Surely you are not telling me we played 4-4-2, thats the formation everyone wants us to play, yet suddenly we want 4-5-1 now.:confused:

Is that not 4-4-2 or are you saying we played 4-5-1 from the start? :confused:

vahibbie
17-04-2010, 06:31 PM

No, I said Yogi acknowledged we were defending to deep but;
1. He seemed incapable of getting them to push out.
2. Given that number 1 is correct he should have subbed and set up a formation to defend properly.

You can't go into a defensive game to sit on a 1 goal lead without making the correct adjustments. Yogi apparently had no control over what the team decided to do and made the wrong subs for the teams decision.

The team and manager are apparently not on the same page:confused:

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Is that not 4-4-2 or are you saying we played 4-5-1 from the start? :confused:

I'm saying we played 4-4-2 when we had the ball, and 4-5-1 without it, we played both from the start. Should we have stuck to just 1 of those?

3pm
17-04-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm saying we played 4-4-2 when we had the ball, and 4-5-1 without it, we played both from the start. Should we have stuck to just 1 of those?

FAO the two of you. 4-4-1-1 but in all honestly who cares? In effect yer arguing about Nish and he was guff!

Hibby 2005
17-04-2010, 07:30 PM
You gotta laugh, 2-1 up, 10 mins to go, we bring on forwards away from home in GLASGOW!!!!!

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 07:35 PM
You gotta laugh, 2-1 up, 10 mins to go, we bring on forwards away from home in GLASGOW!!!!!
Is Galbraith a forward?

greenlex
17-04-2010, 08:58 PM

There is only one side beaten them at Celtic Park all season. :agree:

Tranent Hibby
17-04-2010, 09:18 PM

What a Shereen. Get a grip ya clown.

Tranent Hibby
17-04-2010, 09:20 PM

And if he had tried to shore up the defence and lost you would have been shouting about not playing up top .

Another Shereen

delbert
17-04-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm not on here to take the piss out of the manager, although with some of his 'tactical decisions' recently, it could be reasonably argued he is doing exactly that to us. As one of the faceless wonders, I'd just like to ask him one question. We are 15 mins away from winning again at Parkhead, and you decide to take off a striker, fair enough. Now you know it's a poor Celtc team, but you also know that no matter what, they are going to be coming at you, however hopeless they are for that 15 mins. So do we shore up the defence, or try to put another in midfield to at least try to stem the tide, no we take off Nish and put on that workaholic, the best tackler and all round hard worker at Easter Road, Benji. The only thing he has tackled in 2 seasons has been his ex-wifes defence lawyer. Just explain that one to me John, please, I'm all ears - oh and once again a game chucked away late on, I will say it again, we are one of the most unfit sides in the SPL right now.

And despite all of the above, I want the guy to succeed because like all of us I think he lives and breathes Hibs.

Albanian Hibs
17-04-2010, 11:31 PM

I was obviously watching a different game from you today :confused:

Albanian Hibs
17-04-2010, 11:32 PM
There is only one side beaten them at Celtic Park all season. :agree:

vahibbie
17-04-2010, 11:38 PM
It is a lot easier to make a statement though, knowing full well, it will never have to be tested, and will always have worked because the poster says so, thats enough proof apparently.

Didn't really make a statement...but what I did say should most definitely have been tested.
Yogi made mistakes again and no matter what slant you put on it that's how it is.
And my proof is just as good as yours.:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
18-04-2010, 07:35 AM
We never played well today at all. Just because we play against a very bad celtic team and are ahead for part of the game doesnt mean we played well. Any team that actually played well against that Celtic team would have won easy.

Hughes never dealt with anything a manager should do during the game. Mc Cormack was getting ripped in there and yet nothing was done. we started losing the midfield battle and nothing was done to combat that. instead we eneded up with forwards coming on. Yogi seems to be very weak tactically and when there are problems like today simply has his fingers crossed and hopes for the best.

That pretty much sums up what watching Hibs has been like the last few weeks.

HFC 0-7
18-04-2010, 09:28 AM

I think most were wanting a defensive minded player on, perhaps in midfield to sit in front of the defence, this sometime stops teams defending to deep as they can stop the play before it gets towards the defence. Also, I think people are moaning about the subs because we were 2-1 up. we were winning so we didnt need to 'go for it', any other team, away from home, playing a superior team would have not tried to go for it, but would have tightened things up. I dont think I have seen Yogi do this all season. And in reponse to the people asking if anyone complained when Yogi brough galbraith on before, that was different because we were not winning, so had to go for it!

erskine-hibby
18-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Maybe I got mixed up with Mogga and Mowbray :confused::confused:
As for Mixu; at what point was it clear that he was out of his depth? and clear to who?

Still didn't answer the queston though did you?
You made a sweeping statement that i slag off all managers at the drop of a hat...I don't.
Unless you can prove otherwise.

As for Mixu, it wasn't until he parted company that I believe I said anything against him. I'm pretty sure BPH will back me on that one.

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Still didn't answer the queston though did you?
You made a sweeping statement that i slag off all managers at the drop of a hat...I don't.
Unless you can prove otherwise.

As for Mixu, it wasn't until he parted company that I believe I said anything against him. I'm pretty sure BPH will back me on that one.

I have no idea, what happened under Mixu has been erased from my memory, i'm now basking in the glory of European football, just on the horizon.:thumbsup::thumbsup: Something never on the agenda under the Finn.:boo hoo:

bingo70
18-04-2010, 03:28 PM
I have no idea, what happened under Mixu has been erased from my memory, i'm now basking in the glory of European football, just on the horizon.:thumbsup::thumbsup: Something never on the agenda under the Finn.:boo hoo:

apart fae the game against elfsborg :wink:

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2010, 03:34 PM
apart fae the game against elfsborg :wink:

Aye, i miss the intertoto, the highlight of Mixu's tenure.:boo hoo:

Cropley10
18-04-2010, 04:30 PM

Except of course the Finn managed (IIRC) two draws v the OF and a win against the Yams at the PBS after the split. So it was on the agenda - I seem to recall him doing the same thing as Yogi and going on and on about it too.:greengrin

So bask in the glory of European football being on the horizon and lets hope and pray that Muderwell or Hertz don't catch us up...

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 04:33 PM

I miss it too, the only chance my two teams, Hibs and Newcastle, had of getting in Europe.:boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2010, 04:47 PM
I miss it too, the only chance my two teams, Hibs and Newcastle, had of getting in Europe.:boo hoo:

You might want to look at an SPL league table.

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 04:54 PM
You might want to look at an SPL league table.

Well, that was up until this season anyway.

erskine-hibby
18-04-2010, 07:41 PM

You must have ****in great eyesight:wink:

J-C
18-04-2010, 07:54 PM
2008 /9 season W 11 D 14 L 13 Gd -4 points 47 final position 6th

2009/10 so far W 14 D 8 L 12 Gd 3 points 50 currently 4th.

:thumbsup: Goal difference has went askew over the past 3-4 weeks.

New Corrie
18-04-2010, 09:53 PM
2008 /9 season W 11 D 14 L 13 Gd -4 points 47 final position 6th

2009/10 so far W 14 D 8 L 12 Gd 3 points 50 currently 4th.

:thumbsup: Goal difference has went askew over the past 3-4 weeks.

Here's something else,,,,,one win in 13 and telling the fans on the way home from Parkhead that Neil Lennon brings a smile to his face!!!! Saxk him, and yes. keep going through managers, as we might eventually end up with one who delivers!!

Neil Lennon brings a smile to my face...spare me pplleeaassee!!!

Apart from being a bollocks manager, he's got Nevin syndrome.....a pretend Hibs man!!

Ed De Gramo
18-04-2010, 09:56 PM

:bitchy:

What a load of pish!

There's opinions and there's http://thebillbios.billfans.com/history/lines_history2.jpg

Still fighting for 4th :thumbsup::thumbsup:

In Yogi we trust!

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Here's something else,,,,,one win in 13 and telling the fans on the way home from Parkhead that Neil Lennon brings a smile to his face!!!! Saxk him, and yes. keep going through managers, as we might eventually end up with one who delivers!!

Apart from being a bollocks manager, he's got Nevin syndrome.....a pretend Hibs man!!

Not hibs minded enough, another quality reason for sacking the manager of the 4th best team in the country.:faf:

New Corrie
18-04-2010, 10:01 PM

You're right BH, winning 1 in 13 is so much better than what Mixu achieved right enough. Shipping 4 at Hamilton just confirmed for me how lucky we are to have Yogi.

Can anyone confirm who he supports this week?? I take it he's gone back to being a Celtic fan again!!!

bingo70
18-04-2010, 10:07 PM
You're right BH, winning 1 in 13 is so much better than what Mixu achieved right enough. Shipping 4 at Hamilton just confirmed for me how lucky we are to have Yogi.

Can anyone confirm who he supports this week?? I take it he's gone back to being a Celtic fan again!!!

do people really care?

if he takes hibs to europe every season i don't care if he gets a season ticket for tynecastle

basehibby
19-04-2010, 04:07 PM

:bye: More hysterical pish - aye lets sack the mgr cos he said something completely inocuous about a fellow SPL mgr :crazy:

And you have some cheek going on about pretend Hibs fans when many on here have suspected you of being a pretend hun because of some of the pish you've spouted on here in the past!
Personally I couldn't give a sheight about what team our manager supported as a boy anyway :dunno:

Cropley10
19-04-2010, 04:13 PM

I don't think that last bit's right - Nevin has 2 STs for the East. Paid for with his own cash.

Yogi would do a lot better if he actually said nothing IMO.

J-C
19-04-2010, 09:34 PM

So you've known Yogi all his life then have you, I've known hin since he was a young laddie at Leith Links, his dad and brother are Celtic fans and Yogi was dragged along as a young boy but when old enough he soon went to ER with all his mates, so no, not a pretend Hibby.

Big Frank
19-04-2010, 09:46 PM

meanwhile back in reality Nevin, and his lad, have sat beside me at Pitoddrie.:agree:

Thats an awfy trek to see a fitba match, sit in the away end, and no' even support the team:faf:

flash
20-04-2010, 11:55 AM

Nice attempt to make folk think you want rid of him for football reasons.