PDA

View Full Version : Nish

jpt11
17-04-2010, 01:17 PM
What was he playing at? He just jogged allowing mcgeady to pass across the goals. I'm not a nish hater but that was poor.

hibeemad
17-04-2010, 01:18 PM
one word sums this guy up

PISH

snooky
17-04-2010, 01:22 PM
What was he playing at? He just jogged allowing mcgeady to pass across the goals. I'm not a nish hater but that was poor.

As I said on another thread, I quite like Nish but to me he didn't look interested today. Totally devoid of effort.
Inexcusable. :bye:

hfcok
17-04-2010, 01:24 PM
shocking, he was running like bambi all match never mind at there second goal,he should have been bursting a gut to get to mccready,total lack of a team ethic from him

ELZ1875
17-04-2010, 01:25 PM
I like Nish, but if he starts a game he shouldnt be on the park after the 60th min, most unfit player at ER.

Bayern Bru
17-04-2010, 01:26 PM
http://londonblogged.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/tx41.jpg

Greenblood70
17-04-2010, 01:34 PM
He's a useless, lazy, talentless streak of pish

houston1875
17-04-2010, 01:37 PM
He's a useless, lazy, talentless streak of pish

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

wanna abuse somebody...how bout paul scholes? wee ginga tramp!!

snooky
17-04-2010, 01:38 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:
:top marks

jpt11
17-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Don't get me wrong I usually like him. But he defo should've busted a gut. Did he not get taken of right after that? Cannae mind, but maybe that was why. Think Celtic actually flatered our midfield today at times. We seem so niave when pressing. The ones when you should be blocking the path toforce them where you want them to go.

Greenblood70
17-04-2010, 01:51 PM

:confused::confused:The clue was in the title of the thread...:wink:

Bayern Bru
17-04-2010, 01:52 PM

He's not useless, lazy or talentless though is he?
:cool2:

Cabbage1875
17-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Was a Nish fan until last week where he stuck the v's up at us at Hamilton. Lost my support there and then.

He has also missed too many chances recently to make his 'effort' a redeeming feature.

Big Ed
17-04-2010, 02:04 PM
I think I realised what it is about him that most infuriates me; he doesn't seem to give a **** when he loses possession.
Keeping the ball, particularly at places like Celtic Park, is vital if you want to do anything, but he gives it away consistently. Stack, McCormack and Rankin also seem to be devoid of any thoughts of holding on to possession, but Nish is the main culprit for me.

Big Frank
17-04-2010, 02:08 PM
He honks.

We all see it. Shame really.

Eaststand
17-04-2010, 03:47 PM

I heard the last time he tried to get in a taxi he missed it (and he was offisde):dizzy:

Diclonius
17-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Nish's had his time, unfortunately.

A good player on his day - certainly not gonna jump the gun and say he's pish like some of the idiots on here - but has cost us far too many points this season. He is far too inconsistent for this level.

Time to move on, Colin.

Hermit Crab
17-04-2010, 03:53 PM
As usual Nish being made the scape goat. You going to blame him losing our last 4 games?? How many of you were there today instead of sitting in your ass grooves in the armchair to actually see the effort put in by Nish and the players.:grr:

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 03:53 PM
The chance he missed at 1-1 was awful, he tries, but is never a footballer good enough for a hibs side in the SPL, who want to fight for Europe.

jiggerman
17-04-2010, 04:19 PM
TBH - it's not fair to blame Nish for the team's woes recently but how many good chances has he missed v Utd, v Hamilton etc......if he could take his chances his average all round play would be made up for, at least a little!

basehibby
17-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Nish's had his time, unfortunately.

A good player on his day - certainly not gonna jump the gun and say he's pish like some of the idiots on here - but has cost us far too many points this season. He is far too inconsistent for this level.

Time to move on, Colin.

:agree: The most sensible post of the thread award goes to you.

I thought he played all right in his approach play today - he was very involved in the game - but as is so often the case his lack of class showed up at crucial moments.

I wish people would just get real though - Nish is our player until the end of the season at least and we know very well that despite his limitations he's deservedly in or around the current starting line up. So why so many posters feel the need to constantly slate him for things that we already know are part of the package - arguably undermining his confidence - is beyond me.

Baldy Foghorn
17-04-2010, 05:09 PM
As usual Nish being made the scape goat. You going to blame him losing our last 4 games?? How many of you were there today instead of sitting in your ass grooves in the armchair to actually see the effort put in by Nish and the players.:grr:

Agree, thought the big man did well enough today......

Usual saturday post match slagging Nish thread though.....:grr:

houston1875
17-04-2010, 05:17 PM

:agree:

Hermit Crab
17-04-2010, 05:19 PM

Always the same. Poor laddie never gets a break. Confidence must be shot the now.:grr:

Baldy Foghorn
17-04-2010, 05:21 PM

Always the same. Poor laddie never gets a break. Confidence must be shot the now.:grr:

Amazing at all the negativity on the Board tonight, when Hibs actually played some terrific football at times today....

Still would not be the Hibs.net without our "fans" suggesting we are gash.....:confused:

HFC 0-7
17-04-2010, 05:47 PM

I thought he played all right in his approach play today - he was very involved in the game - but as is so often the case his lack of class showed up at crucial moments.

I wish people would just get real though - Nish is our player until the end of the season at least and we know very well that despite his limitations he's deservedly in or around the current starting line up. So why so many posters feel the need to constantly slate him for things that we already know are part of the package - arguably undermining his confidence - is beyond me.

yeah lets just puit our heads in the sand! If any player is affected that badly by fans then he is going to have a hard time playing football. Look at the Celtic players they were getting pelters, but they got on with it and won the match. You also say that we should get real because "we know very well that despite his limitations he's deservedly in or around the current starting line up" then you say "So why so many posters feel the need to constantly slate him for things that we already know are part of the package" maybe its because most people dont think he is deservedly in the starting line up!

Allant1981
17-04-2010, 05:50 PM

He was gash, he was up against an 18yr old laddie and an injured O'Dea and still couldnt get the better of them in the air or on the deck, he is not a good player and should be no where near our starting 11

bubblesmorrison
17-04-2010, 05:50 PM
and benjis showed how great he was today mmmm 6 yards out skys it would rather have nish in my team any day of the week all am saying is thank god benji was not on the park when we got the pen

Allant1981
17-04-2010, 05:51 PM
and benjis showed how great he was today mmmm 6 yards out skys it would rather have nish in my team any day of the week all am saying is thank god benji was not on the park when we got the pen

Are you for real, how on earth was he supposed to get a clean hit at it when the defender had him on his erse before the ball even got to him

Baldy Foghorn
17-04-2010, 05:52 PM
He was gash, he was up against an 18yr old laddie and an injured O'Dea and still couldnt get the better of them in the air or on the deck, he is not a good player and should be no where near our starting 11

In your opinion obviously.........

We miss Nish when he does not play......

Allant1981
17-04-2010, 05:55 PM
In your opinion obviously.........

We miss Nish when he does not play......

well not just my opinion, obviously the managers as well or he would have stayed on the park

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Amazing at all the negativity on the Board tonight, when Hibs actually played some terrific football at times today....

:

:agree::top marks

Baldy Foghorn
17-04-2010, 06:05 PM
well not just my opinion, obviously the managers as well or he would have stayed on the park

I bow to your superior knowledge.........

bubblesmorrison
17-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Are you for real, how on earth was he supposed to get a clean hit at it when the defender had him on his erse before the ball even got to him

by timing his run better he got a decent strike on the ball and ended up on his backside should of been an easy tap in

Allant1981
17-04-2010, 06:16 PM
I bow to your superior knowledge.........

did i say anything about being superior

number9dream
17-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Nish blows hot and cold like most players at this level. The problem is that when he is cold he is positively glacial - much like his speed.
It is usually quickly apparent when he's having an off day, so why did he last so long today? He should have been hooked at 2-1. Thicot on to play in front of the back four, leaving Stokes & Riordan/Galbraith to play up top against a terribly weak Celtic defence.

IberianHibernian
17-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Does anyone know if Nish is ever played as a central defender in training matches ? Given our lack of defensive cover and overbooking in attack ( whatever anyone thinks about Benji`s attitude how can a club of our status have someone like Nish playing with Benji on the bench ? ) and Nish`s physical presence I`d have thought we could try him in defence . Wouldn`t be first case - Gordon Rae for example .

monktonharp
18-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Does anyone know if Nish is ever played as a central defender in training matches ? Given our lack of defensive cover and overbooking in attack ( whatever anyone thinks about Benji`s attitude how can a club of our status have someone like Nish playing with Benji on the bench ? ) and Nish`s physical presence I`d have thought we could try him in defence . Wouldn`t be first case - Gordon Rae for example .aye,just what we need as cover when Bamba is banned:rolleyes: Nish will outrun any nippy forwards,stand up to bustling big defenders that are up for corners,and out jump them easily,and have a good understanding with Stack,for our remaining games.:bitchy:

silverhibee
18-04-2010, 01:30 AM
I think Nish will leave the club this summer, probaly the right thing for player and club. I like the big guy but miss's to many goal scoring chance's this season and played enough games to be getting atleast double figures.
Dont like the abuse he gets from the Hibs support mind you, know need for it at games.

YetholmHibee
18-04-2010, 02:18 AM
I think Nish will leave the club this summer, probaly the right thing for player and club. I like the big guy but miss's to many goal scoring chance's this season and played enough games to be getting atleast double figures.
Dont like the abuse he gets from the Hibs support mind you, know need for it at games.

Do you think that is why the Hibs support are not happy with him?

:bitchy:

the boy can not header, hold the ball up , pass it, he can not jump . . . seriously, he has done brilliantly so far but he should be finished at Hibs.

He is an embarassment to be our holding striker! :bitchy:

KWJ
18-04-2010, 04:43 AM

Yup. He's in the team because we don't have anybody better at the moment. His flick on led to us getting a goal too.

Judas Iscariot
18-04-2010, 08:21 AM
I'd rather have Kevin Kyle.

jpt11
18-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Ok so now I know how to get lots of responses on a thread. I geniunely like nish. To say he doesn't header the ball is not true, he continually wins the flick on's. But there is no one running round the back to pick them up a la speedy winger. Perhaps if Galbraith and nish on at the same time and playing closer together. My point was mearly that the big fella shoulda been busting a gut to stop mcgeady from crossing the ball. Thought we were better getting the ball forward quicker without miller.

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2010, 09:41 AM
I'd rather have Kevin Kyle.

I'd rather have Jeremy Kyle.

Hermit Crab
18-04-2010, 10:28 AM

A few folk on this site could be doing with going on Jeremy Kyle with all the childish bickering and slagging that goes on.:grr:

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2010, 10:30 AM
A few folk on this site could be doing with going on Jeremy Kyle with all the childish bickering and slagging that goes on.:grr:

here here Rooney.....

We should have a Jeremy Kyle show, for "Hibbies" who would rather go shopping than follow the team........:wink:

Hermit Crab
18-04-2010, 10:37 AM
here here Rooney.....

We should have a Jeremy Kyle show, for "Hibbies" who would rather go shopping than follow the team........:wink:

:fishin: :faf:

Judas Iscariot
18-04-2010, 10:42 AM

Jeremy Beadle?

houston1875
18-04-2010, 11:30 AM
:fishin: :faf:

:thumbsup:

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 04:17 PM
here here Rooney.....

:greengrin

ahibby
18-04-2010, 04:48 PM
I'd rather have Nish than Kyle. His job is to put the ball away and he hasn't taken two really good chances in the last two games and some before them to. I also wondered where he was going when McGeady put in the cross for their second. Pay peanuts and you get monkeys, Celtic aren't good but they get paid more to try, not just for 90 minutes but also in the training that goes on in readiness for the 90 minutes. Maybe we get what we pay for with some players but I'd have thought that Colin is one of the better paid players. Based on what I have seen this year of Colin I'd say it is time to move on, I think Yogi maybe feels the same. (and maybe Colin does to)