PDA

View Full Version : Darren McCormack - Fish out of water Award

Capt Mainwaring
17-04-2010, 01:13 PM
I don't mean because he's playing at Right Back - I mean because Yogi thinks he's a footballer at all.

Has no obvious qualities whatsoever to suggest he should be earning a wage as a professional football player. Total pesh!

Time's up son

Disco Dave
17-04-2010, 01:19 PM
He is a footballer, just an absolute ***** one.

Bob Box Fish
17-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Simply not good enough for this level

hibeemad
17-04-2010, 01:20 PM
was he no playin for celtic the day. Passed to them loads of times and never tackled McGreedy at all

Cabbage1875
17-04-2010, 01:20 PM
He is a poor footballer, but I feel a little sorry for him today. He has been given a torrid time by McGeady before and to leave him so woefully exposed today is borderline cruelty in my book.

Capt Mainwaring
17-04-2010, 01:23 PM
He was exposed today, but my opinion was not formed over the last 90 minutes.

One of the more obvious ones to be cleared out in the summer.

Disco Dave
17-04-2010, 01:24 PM
He is a poor footballer, but I feel a little sorry for him today. He has been given a torrid time by McGeady before and to leave him so woefully exposed today is borderline cruelty in my book.

Are you having a laugh or just forgetting that he gets paid an absolute fortune to be able to perform? He's picking up a wage packet for **** all.

Rice Pudding
17-04-2010, 01:24 PM
He should have been subbed or given more help as it was clear from early in the game he was struggling to deal with McGeady.

magnificent_seven
17-04-2010, 01:25 PM

Why feel sorry for him? It's his job to be a footballer and his job to mark McGeady, and by the looks of things he failed at both. Don't see how that deserves sympathy?

His head is up in the clouds, terrible attitude on and off the park. Should be binned immediately.

snooky
17-04-2010, 01:26 PM

A boxing ref would have stopped the fight.

Cabbage1875
17-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Dont get me wrong, he should be nowhere near the first team for me.

But for our manager to deploy such an average player with little to no support against someone as direct as McGeady is insanity.

ELZ1875
17-04-2010, 01:30 PM
I think a few of you were listening to Andy Walker a bit too much. Mcgeady didnt have half the game AW thought he had.
I agree with you cabbage1875.

Diclonius
17-04-2010, 01:30 PM
He's a left footed central defender - what the **** do you expect?

Jesus. :bitchy:

hibiedude
17-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Darren McCormack was found out big time today but saying that his manager did him no favours by leaving him on for the full 90 minutes.

it was clear early on he's was struggling against McGeady.

magnificent_seven
17-04-2010, 01:32 PM

On his wages of about £1500 per week, I expect a half decent performance.

snooky
17-04-2010, 01:35 PM
I think a few of you were listening to Andy Walker a bit too much. Mcgeady didnt have half the game AW thought he had.

And our friend Andy said on two occasions that Hibs were lucky as Celtic had been called up for offside when they weren't - eh, wrong Andy - both times they were off.
Didn't mention the time when Celtic were offside and were allowed a clear cut chance. What a toad Mr Crisp-packet was today. :asshole:

Hibee_Lisa
17-04-2010, 01:42 PM

Thought he was right footed.

Capt Mainwaring
17-04-2010, 01:46 PM

What about the ability to tackle, pass, header, stay aligned to the back four to force offside and a wee bit of pace wouldn't go amiss.

I've said that my opinion was not based on today's 90 mins - playing him today says more about Yogi's inability to spot that he's rubbish and to even consider that he had the ability to stop celtic's only source of creation.

If you add to the fact that he's embarrassed himself and the club off the park then in answer to you question - "What the **** do you expect?"

I expect him to be cleared out in the Summer because he's pesh and adds no value at all to our Club. Happy with that?

Frogga
17-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Never really rated McCormack at all, especially at RB. I reckon the McGeady v McCormack battle won the game for them.

The Voice Of Reason
17-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Don't think McCormack is good enough.

Shame really, considering we paid him a relative fortune to stay at Easter Rd and not go to Celtic (£30k lump sum or something like that) and are also paying him a decent weekly wage.

On top of him being poor, he is a nutter to boot.

Get rid.

Cabbage1875
17-04-2010, 02:06 PM
What about the ability to tackle, pass, header, stay aligned to the back four to force offside and a wee bit of pace wouldn't go amiss.

I've said that my opinion was not based on today's 90 mins - playing him today says more about Yogi's inability to spot that he's rubbish and to even consider that he had the ability to stop celtic's only source of creation.

If you add to the fact that he's embarrassed himself and the club off the park then in answer to you question - "What the **** do you expect?"

I expect him to be cleared out in the Summer because he's pesh and adds no value at all to our Club. Happy with that?

Yeah spot on.

PISTOL1875
17-04-2010, 04:02 PM
On his wages of about £1500 per week, I expect a half decent performance.

What planet are you on ?? No danger he's on that amount of money...

magnificent_seven
17-04-2010, 04:10 PM
earth mate.that was the amount according to the een when he got dragged up with the driving without a license fiasco.even if thats not right, he will still be on a pretty penny,way over that national average.

PISTOL1875
17-04-2010, 04:12 PM
earth mate.that was the amount according to the een when he got dragged up with the driving without a license fiasco.even if thats not right, he will still be on a pretty penny,way over that national average.

Sorry mate.. I was wrong to say that to you.. The EEN haven't got a clue about his wages.... If thats the information they are giving out then the journalists are a joke there...

Betty Boop
17-04-2010, 04:14 PM

The Evening News aricle states he is on £570 a week. :greengrin

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-defender-McCormack-banned-after.6158264.jp

magnificent_seven
17-04-2010, 04:19 PM
close enough! :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
17-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Yes Darren certainly has lost the plaice.

The Voice Of Reason
17-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Yes Darren certainly has lost the plaice.

Oh my cod, not the fish jokes again ! :wink:

Hibby 2005
17-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Yogi PLAICED him, ha, ha.

ronaldo7
17-04-2010, 07:10 PM
This thread will FLOUNDER under the constant CARPing we get on here. Darren should take a few lessons from Barry the CRAB at Birmingham. He should maybe get his TENTICLES further afield to see what could be learned. Alex SALMOND or even FISH might be able to help.

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 11:32 PM
His lack of pace is a big factor as to why he is playing pretty... ****.

Albanian Hibs
17-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Don't think McCormack is good enough.

Shame really, considering we paid him a relative fortune to stay at Easter Rd and not go to Celtic (£30k lump sum or something like that) and are also paying him a decent weekly wage.

On top of him being poor, he is a nutter to boot.

Get rid.

:agree: he is not good enough

Golden Bear
18-04-2010, 08:32 AM
His lack of pace is a big factor as to why he is playing pretty... ****.

:agree:

In a nutshell.

Slow, slow and slower still would describe the first team pool in general.

Kaiser1962
18-04-2010, 08:54 AM
he's a left footed central defender - what the **** do you expect?

this!!!

Alfred E Newman
18-04-2010, 09:16 AM
This thread will FLOUNDER under the constant CARPing we get on here. Darren should take a few lessons from Barry the CRAB at Birmingham. He should maybe get his TENTICLES further afield to see what could be learned. Alex SALMOND or even FISH might be able to help.

He is drowning in a sea of mediocrity.

hibsbollah
18-04-2010, 09:43 AM
I don't mean because he's playing at Right Back - I mean because Yogi thinks he's a footballer at all.

Has no obvious qualities whatsoever to suggest he should be earning a wage as a professional football player. Total pesh!

Time's up son

Cockrot.

HibbyAndy
18-04-2010, 09:46 AM
The heidbut on Palzeueuueuelazuz at ER was a *****g corker.

lyonhibs
18-04-2010, 09:49 AM
The heidbut on Palzeueuueuelazuz at ER was a *****g corker.

And likely to be the pinnacle of his Hibs career.

Cheerio in the close season for me, thus leaving Yogi with no excuse not to go out and buy an ACTUAL right back, not 3 more goalkeepers and another small central midfielder!!! :grr:

HibbyAndy
18-04-2010, 09:52 AM
And likely to be the pinnacle of his Hibs career.

Cheerio in the close season for me, thus leaving Yogi with no excuse not to go out and buy an ACTUAL right back, not 3 more goalkeepers and another small central midfielder!!! :grr:

I actualy think DM still has a future at ER, Altho certainly not at RB.

hibsbollah
18-04-2010, 09:54 AM

:agree: he was the best player in Scotland in his position for his age group. He's talented and if given time to learn the game in his correct position will be a success IMO.

Oscar Lomax
18-04-2010, 10:48 AM

Did you see the game? McGeady tore Hibs apart. Everything came from him as he was allowed to do what he wanted.
Even Thicot could have at least tackled him. He needs put up in the air early on, a good shuddering challenge.

Badge
18-04-2010, 11:04 AM

Play him in central defence with Hanlon and give him a chance in his natural position.

Golden Bear
18-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Play him in central defence with Hanlon and give him a chance in his natural position.

I don't like criticising young players but from what I've seen so far, McCormack has just not got what it takes regardless of where he plays.

Hanlon, on the other hand, is an outstanding young player and he's got a great future in front of him.

Feed McGraw
18-04-2010, 11:34 AM
I don't like criticising young players but from what I've seen so far, McCormack has just not got what it takes regardless of where he plays.

Hanlon, on the other hand, is an outstanding young player and he's got a great future in front of him.

But Hanlon was also starting to get a fair bit of stick when he was playing at full back and he has now flourished at centre back. We have not seen much of McCormack in his natural position so maybe a run there would help show the best of him.

basehibby
18-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Dont get me wrong, he should be nowhere near the first team for me.

But for our manager to deploy such an average player with little to no support against someone as direct as McGeady is insanity.

Who would you have played at RB then???

Thicot? No faster or better at defending than McCormack from what I've seen - and seems to have been dropped after a piss poor game at Hamilton. Is he the consistently solid RB to which you refer?

McCann? - only played one game this season - dunno if he's back from injury or what but match fitness must be questionable.

Wotherspoon? - deployed in his natural R Midfield spot yesterday - an area that has been decimated by injury and suspension so we needed him in there - also likely to have struggled against McGeady BTW.

So...what am I missing that your superior tactical genius has picked up? From the tone of your post it's obvious that we have a superstar RB waiting in the wings who would have had McGeady in his back pocket!

Oh no - I forgot - this is Hibs.net where flimsy unsupported suppositions are passed off as fact with such blistering regularity it makes your head spin :dizzy:

jdships
18-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Note there is now a new scapegoat to get torn into seeing everyone is tired of slagging off Nish,Rankine , Maka Stevenson et al.
Certainly makes for entertaining reading :wink::greengrin

archiebald
18-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Just a boy played out of position,give the youngsters a chance like other teams do-dont just throw them in when there is injures and expect miracles.:agree:

Cabbage1875
18-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Who would you have played at RB then???

Thicot? No faster or better at defending than McCormack from what I've seen - and seems to have been dropped after a piss poor game at Hamilton. Is he the consistently solid RB to which you refer?

McCann? - only played one game this season - dunno if he's back from injury or what but match fitness must be questionable.

Wotherspoon? - deployed in his natural R Midfield spot yesterday - an area that has been decimated by injury and suspension so we needed him in there - also likely to have struggled against McGeady BTW.

So...what am I missing that your superior tactical genius has picked up? From the tone of your post it's obvious that we have a superstar RB waiting in the wings who would have had McGeady in his back pocket!

Oh no - I forgot - this is Hibs.net where flimsy unsupported suppositions are passed off as fact with such blistering regularity it makes your head spin :dizzy:

Strange that you picked my post out of them all, considering folk thought I was supporting McCormack earlier :faf:

All the alternatives youve listed there are better options for me, McCormack is nowhere near good enough to be near Hibernian football club's first team. Never mind starting at right full back against a direct threat like McGeady with little to no support. Which, incidentally, was my main point if you read my post correctly.

And to say my statement was a 'flimsy unsupported supposition' is just silly. We've all seen Darren play enough now at right back. Square pegs dont go in round holes.

basehibby
18-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Strange that you picked my post out of them all, considering folk thought I was supporting McCormack earlier :faf:

All the alternatives youve listed there are better options for me, McCormack is nowhere near good enough to be near Hibernian football club's first team. Never mind starting at right full back against a direct threat like McGeady with little to no support. Which, incidentally, was my main point if you read my post correctly.

And to say my statement was a 'flimsy unsupported supposition' is just silly. We've all seen Darren play enough now at right back. Square pegs dont go in round holes.

I'll admit I selected your post to respond to somewhat randomly - it was one of many boldly stating that McCormack should have been nowhere near the team at RB without backing it up with a suggestion as how they would have done things better.

I too have seen Darren play at RB and know he's not a natural there - but then neither is THicot and neither is Wotherspoon - both of whom were not selected there for what seem pretty solid reasons (see last post).

- So you think Thicot would have done better? Well that's up for debate but it seems that he was dropped after having a bit of a stinker at Hamilton and McCormack given his chance - is that a BAD decision then? Why???

- You also think that Wotherspoon would have been a better option - so just who would you have played at R-Midfield if Spoony was at RB???

- You reckon that McCann would have done better? Maybe you're right as he's certainly a RB - but it's a big maybe - the guy has hardly played for the last two years and I certainly can't say how he'd have fared having seen him so little of late so I don't know how you're so confident.

- Also you are stating that McCormack had little or no support when almost every time McGeady had the ball in the second half there were two hibs players on him.

So there you go - as far as I can see, much as I'd agree that McCormack is no natuiral at RB, you have made no reasonably argued suggestion as to how you would have set things up better - hence the term "flimsy unsupported supposition".

brog
18-04-2010, 06:51 PM

Trouble is they're both left footed. It would be hard to play them together at CH. DMc suffers a bit from being reasonably decent on right side, like Ian Murray. Most left footed players can hardly even kick a ball with their right, even the genius Messi.
I agree we should reserve judgment on Darren until he gets an opportunity in his best position but unless he partners Bamba or Hogg he may not be best placed then either.