PDA

View Full Version : Stack GTF

Gus Fring
17-04-2010, 01:04 PM
His distribution is terrible and is caught out of position reguarly and he sticks to his line at all the wrong times

Bambas suspended , no need for stack now, bring smith back

Cropley10
17-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Average at best. Seen enough now. :bye:

Sprouleflyer
17-04-2010, 01:09 PM
His distribution is terrible and is caught out of position reguarly and he sticks to his line at all the wrong times

?

What did Stack do wrong today?????????

magnificent_seven
17-04-2010, 01:10 PM
?

Made a complete cats erse of Celtics 3rd goal.

hibee_girl
17-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Not Stack's biggest fan but I think he had a good game today.

Hibeebor
17-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Not Stack's biggest fan but I think he had a good game today.

You can't have watched the game... Winning goal?...

Bob Box Fish
?

Flapping at crosses and spilled a few easy catches from shots right at him.

bob12345
Stack spilled the ball 3/4 times, each time into a perfect area for forwards. Distribution was poor. To be fair to him he had an awful lot to do and did half of it well.

bighairyfaeleith
17-04-2010, 01:12 PM
made some good saves, I think Stack GTF is a bit harsh. I prefer smith but stack aint that bad.

Barney McGrew
17-04-2010, 01:15 PM

The one where the guy was a yard offiside and the defenders didn't cut it out properly?

If it wasn't for him, we'd have been a couple of goals down at half time.

hibeemad
17-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Stack GTF is very harsh when you should be saying

NISH & McCORMACK Get To ****

them two are total ***in pish.
Nish prances about like a fairy and even when he tackles he is going to ground.What a waste of a Hibs jersey

McCormack never passed to a Hibs player the day and Mcgreedy ran him ragged. Another waste of space

Sylar
17-04-2010, 01:17 PM
You can't have watched the game... Winning goal?...

Posters like you amuse me :agree:

Steve-O
17-04-2010, 01:28 PM
He was daydreaming for their winner for a start.

km2007
17-04-2010, 01:35 PM
I prefer Smith to Stack, although I don't think he did anything that wrong today.... the winning goal had about 5 Hibs players standing watching it going in:bitchy:

Sprouleflyer
17-04-2010, 01:51 PM
I prefer Smith to Stack, although I don't think he did anything that wrong today.... the winning goal had about 5 Hibs players standing watching it going in:bitchy:

5 Hibs players correctly claiming offside, what more do you want them to do?

ekhibee
17-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Because it wasn't offside.

Beefster
17-04-2010, 01:59 PM

Play to the whistle?

HibeeUnderwood
17-04-2010, 04:30 PM
I don't want Stack in goals, but I don't want Smith in goals either.

Bring in Mark Brown!!! :grr:

MussyHibby
17-04-2010, 04:35 PM
He aint good enough for me.

Drop (not anticipating DMc) in the 1st half, shot in the 2nd was only saved and not pushed away (but for Bamba it'd been a goal) and for their winner Stack was flapping.

Like I said, not good enough!

Pretty Boy
17-04-2010, 05:18 PM

Eh play the whistle, like every footballer is told to do from about age 9 upwards.

What a p1sh excuse for the defenders. 'Oh they thought it was offside so they stopped and claimed for it.'

But lets not let facts get in the way of a good old goalkeeper bashing thread. There was far worse than Stack on show today.

.Sean.
17-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Stack GTF :faf: What an erse.

There was three or four moments in the first half when he saved our bacon.

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Stack is ok, but Smith is better, start him against Rangers.

emmjayfox
17-04-2010, 05:37 PM
is it 12 goals lost in 4 games against stack now ??

km2007
17-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Eh play the whistle, like every footballer is told to do from about age 9 upwards.

What a p1sh excuse for the defenders. 'Oh they thought it was offside so they stopped and claimed for it.'

But lets not let facts get in the way of a good old goalkeeper bashing thread. There was far worse than Stack on show today.

Exactly.:top marks

You'd think 2-2, not long to go, some players would bust a gut to the end.

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 05:44 PM
is it 12 goals lost in 4 games against stack now ??

Yep, although you could say Smith conceded 1 against Hearts, 1 against Irvine Meadow, 1 against Dundee.United, 1 against Hamilton, 1 against Celtic, 1 against St.Mirren, 3 against Rangers and 5 against St.Johnstone.

That's all the games he has played so he is yet to have a clean sheet.

So i'd say a big part of it is down to the defence aswell.

bob12345
17-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Tbh putting it that way Smith's record isn't half bad. Unfortunately there's the 2 against RC too.

vahibbie
17-04-2010, 06:38 PM

:faf::faf:
Mibbe just keep playing:confused:

--------
17-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Yep, although you could say Smith conceded 1 against Hearts, 1 against Irvine Meadow, 1 against Dundee.United, 1 against Hamilton, 1 against Celtic, 1 against St.Mirren, 3 against Rangers and 5 against St.Johnstone.

That's all the games he has played so he is yet to have a clean sheet.

So i'd say a big part of it is down to the defence aswell.

Football's a team game - some of it's always down to the defence.

I wouldn't blame Stack for us getting beaten today - there were a lot of other things going wrong all over the park.

We've had our European place, that's for sure.

ronaldo7
17-04-2010, 06:59 PM
He's away in the summer anyway:rolleyes:

Aldo
17-04-2010, 07:45 PM
And what is happening to Brown???

Why is he not getting a chance. Smith was dropped after letting in 5 against St Johnstone so why is stack not dropped in favour of one of the other 2.

Wot is Hughes playing at????

Hibercelona
17-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Aye, its all Stacks fault we lost today.

Erse.

km2007
17-04-2010, 08:25 PM

Why is he not getting a chance. Smith was dropped after letting in 5 against St Johnstone so why is stack not dropped in favour of one of the other 2.

I heard he was injured from training, not sure if it's true though!

cwilliamson85
17-04-2010, 08:33 PM

Ref made more of a erse for the 3rd goal by not calling it offside.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2010, 08:46 PM
I heard he was injured from training, not sure if it's true though!

:agree:

Sprained his wrist in training a few weeks back.

IberianHibernian
17-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Thought Stack was one of our better players today and he looked back to his confident form of before his injury . Certainly wouldn`t drop him after today . Suspect that some of the folk criticising him were waiting for him to make a mistake and would have had a go at him whatever had happened in game . Doubt he or Maka will be with us next season and I`m expecting to be reading demands here for a new goalie in winter transfer window .

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2010, 09:44 PM
:agree:

Sprained his wrist in training a few weeks back.

Come on, thats not a good enough excuse, let the lad rip into Yogi without letting facts get in the way.

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 11:55 PM

I think Yogi just signed him in January to make sure no other team tries to get him.

I think he's just decided to stick by Stack and Smith as his two keepers for the rest of the season, but Brown will get his chance next season, starting this summer during pre-season.:agree:

Oscar Lomax
18-04-2010, 04:30 AM

Agree with your post mate. Never liked Stack. He is static. He refuses to come of his line.
As for Bamba, every time he got the ball , he passed it to a Celtic player !!! Cant help a keeper having him playing in front of you !!!

KWJ
18-04-2010, 04:40 AM
Stack's no worldbeater but he's head and shoulders above 3-4 keepers we've had in goals week in week out the past few years.

Oscar Lomax
18-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Stack's no worldbeater but he's head and shoulders above 3-4 keepers we've had in goals week in week out the past few years.

Maybe over the past few years but he has Smith and Brown sitting in the stand !!!! Both better keeper's in my view. This crap about Stack being able to talk to Bamba! Ha! Maybe he should have told him his team mates were in black yesterday and not the usual green !

KWJ
18-04-2010, 07:19 AM
As said, Brown is injured. I agree that I think I'd prefer Smith but he's just as capable of the odd howler.

I think if we're slating our fairly decent SPL standard keeper then we can't be as bad as folk are making out.

Oscar Lomax
18-04-2010, 07:59 AM
As said, Brown is injured. I agree that I think I'd prefer Smith but he's just as capable of the odd howler.

I think if we're slating our fairly decent SPL standard keeper then we can't be as bad as folk are making out.

Stack refuses to come of his line. He should have been out punching, kicking, anything to clear his lines. Hibs were beaten yesterday with only one man....McGeady. McCormack did not get close to him. McGeady's strip was spotless, he was never on the deck once....you have to hit him and hit him hard in the first 5 mins....He pranced up and down and took the pis*...

KWJ
18-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Stack refuses to come of his line. He should have been out punching, kicking, anything to clear his lines. Hibs were beaten yesterday with only one man....McGeady. McCormack did not get close to him. McGeady's strip was spotless, he was never on the deck once....you have to hit him and hit him hard in the first 5 mins....He pranced up and down and took the pis*...

Yip I agree with all that. :agree:

Stack's no worldbeater but he'll do although I'd have Brown in goals when fit and probably Smith ahead too. It's a good situation to have. He did still make many important saves in the match.

Disappointed with Daz as well, he did a good job against McGeady at ER but seemed a different player yesterday, or more worryingly seemed himself and was a different player at ER.

Hope McCann can start our next match.

Oscar Lomax
18-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Yip I agree with all that. :agree:

Stack's no worldbeater but he'll do although I'd have Brown in goals when fit and probably Smith ahead too. It's a good situation to have. He did still make many important saves in the match.

Disappointed with Daz as well, he did a good job against McGeady at ER but seemed a different player yesterday, or more worryingly seemed himself and was a different player at ER.

Hope McCann can start our next match.

Hope so mate....Darren is a centre half, he was played out of position. Id love a settled back four !!

HibbyAndy
18-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Stack done ok today, His distribution needs to be much better though,Id have the boy Smith ahead of Stack tho.

Oscar Lomax
18-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Agree Andy. Smith is much more commanding.

HibeeUnderwood
18-04-2010, 11:33 AM
There is no point to this thread.

Stack has been nowhere near as bad as some of the previous keepers we have had. I don't have to mention the names because you all know who I'm on about! :cool2:

Now Stack and Smith are 2 very similar keepers, and so it makes it a tough choice as to whether you bring one in or drop the other. I admit that Smith should not have been dropped after the St Johnstone game because he had done nothing wrong. But Stack has done nothing wrong either and so there is no reason for him to be dropped.

As far as I am concerned, You either keep with what you have now, or change it completely, i.e. start Brown and have Ma-Kalambay on the bench. But there is no point in that at the moment. Although I do think Brown should be given a shot.:agree:

I'm more than happy to have Stack in goals because he's a good keeper. Has everyone forgot his performances in the first half of the season before his back injury?

Franck is God
18-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Personally speaking I simply don't rate Stack and would want him out the team because we have better keepers not playing.

Don't think he was at fault for anything yesterday though, had a couple of dodgy moments and was covered well by the defence so he got away with it.

However I don't see Yogi changing keeper until the summer unless an injury forces it.

Cropley10
18-04-2010, 12:45 PM

Fairly decent? SPL standard? You seen him play a lot have you?

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 04:49 PM
I think Brown will get his chance in pre-season, he won't break into the team before the end of the season as they won't want to be doing that at this stage.

But i think Smith and Brown will be a our two keepers next season.:agree:

Speedway
18-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Again, I wonder what Hibs fans reckon a good keeper is at our level.

Stack made 7, that's 7 close range saves against Celtic; and kept the score down to merely 'disgraceful' after bailing out his defense 9 times (by my count) against Hamilton.

He can't help a defense that can't defend. He's Sol Bamba's babysitter who has singlehandedly kept us in the last two matches. What do you want?

Goram shipped a lot of goals behind a crap defence also. He was also too wee to truly command his area and relied on Rae to deal with a lot of arial assaults.

I'm convinced that if Goram was our keeper in today's internet age in Miller's team, we'd be slagging him off, nicknaming him 'Lofty' and defining him as a 'good shot stopper'

As opposed to top goalkeepers who are bad shot stoppers. :bitchy:

He certainly wouldn't be regarded as a hero, because no-one is good enough for that tag at Hibs, in the internet age.

The many threads like this one are just an outlet for hate as normal and that's not going to change.

Stack is a decent keeper, as is Smith, as is Brown.

But Stack GTF? YOU GTF!!

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2010, 10:41 PM
We have had GTF threads for most of our players, and manager this season. I'm not sure why some folk go to watch hibs, when they clearly dont like anyone at the club?

RMG_82
19-04-2010, 06:53 AM

"Stack GTF"??????

Some supporter you are. Bit harsh telling him to get ti ****. Low on confidence thats all.

hibs.net = full of phannies

Removed
19-04-2010, 08:10 AM
"Stack GTF"??????

Some supporter you are. Bit harsh telling him to get ti ****. Low on confidence thats all.

hibs.net = full of phannies

But it's ok to call yogi a ****ing mind cripple and a moron!!!!

:hmmm:

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2010, 08:32 AM

Stack made 7, that's 7 close range saves against Celtic; and kept the score down to merely 'disgraceful' after bailing out his defense 9 times (by my count) against Hamilton.

He can't help a defense that can't defend. He's Sol Bamba's babysitter who has singlehandedly kept us in the last two matches. What do you want?

Goram shipped a lot of goals behind a crap defence also. He was also too wee to truly command his area and relied on Rae to deal with a lot of arial assaults.

I'm convinced that if Goram was our keeper in today's internet age in Miller's team, we'd be slagging him off, nicknaming him 'Lofty' and defining him as a 'good shot stopper'

He certainly wouldn't be regarded as a hero, because no-one is good enough for that tag at Hibs, in the internet age.

The many threads like this one are just an outlet for hate as normal and that's not going to change.

But Stack GTF? YOU GTF!!

:top marks

Ronaldo9
19-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Stack GTF is very harsh when you should be saying

NISH & McCORMACK Get To ****

them two are total ***in pish.
Nish prances about like a fairy and even when he tackles he is going to ground.What a waste of a Hibs jersey

McCormack never passed to a Hibs player the day and Mcgreedy ran him ragged. Another waste of space

Absolute shambles of a comment! DMc has played 3 games since January. Mcgeady has ran better NATURAL right backs ragged in his time so the phrase "away and throw $h!te at yersel" comes to mind.

bighairyfaeleith
19-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Fairly decent? SPL standard? You seen him play a lot have you?

I reckon he is a good spl keeper, got his faults but every keeper does. If the defence was more solid he would have to make less saves and would make less mistakes. I prefer smith from what I have seen so far but that doesn't mean stack is ****.

I would like to see brown play before the end of the season to see what he is like before I pass comment on him.

I certainly hope though that stack does not GTF

1875 NO 1
19-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Absolute shambles of a comment! DMc has played 3 games since January. Mcgeady has ran better NATURAL right backs ragged in his time so the phrase "away and throw $h!te at yersel" comes to mind.

Also, where was Witherspoon helping him out................... he gave Daz no protection and Yogi was sitting high up in the stand with a perfect view and done nothing about it.

Holmesdale Hibs
19-04-2010, 12:24 PM

GTF is very harsh. Stack is a decent keep and certainly alot better than some of the comedians we've had over last decade. Maybe Smith is better but Stack will still do a decent job and there are several players you could drop before him.

Hibs On Tour
19-04-2010, 03:05 PM

<snip>

<snip>

For me, we currently have 3 good experienced keepers + Maka who I never saw the point in signing anyway when what we needed was an experienced keeper to help McNeil along [who I thought was a great keeper who we had our own hand in destroying - but that's for other threads long gone now]

Our problem at Darkheid was DM being played out of position and being torn up for arsepaper all game long. Thought Bamba had his best game back since the ACN along with Hanlon and Murray who were both pretty solid for me.

For me, if DM had got switched for Thicot at HT and Nish for anyone [given that he hadn't kicked a ball all half] there is every chance we'd have gone on to score again and close the game out. Regardless of refs who allow offside goals to stand [but to be fair, up to that point I think he'd called most things correctly, fairly and evenly]. Our substitutions or lack of them contributed far more to our downfall than either the ref or Stack IMHO.

ski1875
19-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Stack made some world class saves against celtic and is exactly the consistent 7 out of 10 keeper hughes wanted !

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Stack made some world class saves against celtic and is exactly the consistent 7 out of 10 keeper hughes wanted !

Naw he didnae.:faf::faf:

matty_f
19-04-2010, 05:46 PM

But Stack GTF? YOU GTF!!

:top marks Quality!