PDA

View Full Version : Europe

km2007
17-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Just wondering here, watching the game - I'm sure he said 5th place might be getting a europa place if Utd win the cup.

Can someone explain please?:confused:

Speedy
17-04-2010, 11:38 AM
http://www.overthebridge.info/viewthread.php?tid=8724

Edit: The first post is all you need to read

km2007
17-04-2010, 11:42 AM
http://www.overthebridge.info/viewthread.php?tid=8724 (http://www.overthebridge.info/viewthread.php?tid=8724)

Edit: The first post is all you need to read

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Great chance for Hibs then.

frazeHFC
17-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Great chance for Hibs then.

But it is not long after the end of the season and we would end up getting a team in the middle of their season and getting knocked out

:rolleyes:

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm worrying more about the fact that Hearts could get Europe now, especially if they win tomorrow.:bitchy:

HibbyAndy
18-04-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm worrying more about the fact that Hearts could get Europe now, especially if they win tomorrow.:bitchy:

The day Hearts worry me ill call it a day.

Id rather be in our position in the race for Europe, Not those ******ed imbreds from that cespit which is Gorgie.

hibsbollah
18-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Knowing us we'll qualify for Europe for the first time in ages, and then the whole thing will be cancelled because of the volcanic dust:faf:

only Hibs.

wick hibby
18-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Knowing us we'll qualify for Europe for the first time in ages, and then the whole thing will be cancelled because of the volcanic dust:faf:

only Hibs.

Dust it is bloody snowing here at the moment :boo hoo:

PatHead
18-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Anyone know when ties would be played if we

a) Finish 4th

b) Finish 5th

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 02:41 PM
What would be brilliant is if we finished 4th, Hearts finished 5th and Ross County beat Dundee.Utd in the Scottish cup final.:faf:

Sir David Gray
18-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Anyone know when ties would be played if we

a) Finish 4th

b) Finish 5th

If fifth place gets into Europe, fourth will get into the Europa League at the third qualifying round and they will start on July 29th.

Fifth will get into it at the second qualifying round and they will start on July 15th.

HibeeMcGinn1
18-04-2010, 03:13 PM
what result do we want today then? draw or dundee united win?

Removed
18-04-2010, 03:15 PM

Arabs win, we're not catching them now.

Sir David Gray
18-04-2010, 03:29 PM

Without doubt, we want Dundee Utd to win. There's no chance of us catching them now and we need to stay above Motherwell as we are only two points ahead of them at the moment.

Speedy
18-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Without doubt, we want Dundee Utd to win. There's no chance of us catching them now and we need to stay above Motherwell as we are only two points ahead of them at the moment.

I may be wrong but I think the other poster was talking about Utd catching Celtic.

I'm happy with Utd winning though because I don't think they will catch Celtic.

Removed
18-04-2010, 08:09 PM
I may be wrong but I think the other poster was talking about Utd catching Celtic.

I'm happy with Utd winning though because I don't think they will catch Celtic.

:confused: How on earth could you think that. Who gives a flying one about Utd catching Celtc. Surely all we need to be concerned about now is keeping motherwell and the yams below us

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 08:13 PM
:confused: How on earth could you think that. Who gives a flying one about Utd catching Celtc. Surely all we need to be concerned about now is keeping motherwell and the yams below us

If Dundee.Utd finish 2nd then it means even if they win the Scottish cup final then 5th place still won't be Europe. But if Dundee.Utd finish 3rd and win the Scottish cup then it means 5th will be a European place.

Removed
18-04-2010, 08:27 PM
If Dundee.Utd finish 2nd then it means even if they win the Scottish cup final then 5th place still won't be Europe. But if Dundee.Utd finish 3rd and win the Scottish cup then it means 5th will be a European place.

Fair enough but this thread is about the best result today for Hibs and to stay in 4th we needed Utd to win or draw. I'm not even thinking about us finishing 5th or Utd catching Celtc. No way they will overturn 7 points and +15 goals. I don't care who wins or loses what now as long as the results are what's best for us and we get 4th spot.

Spike Mandela
18-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Finishing 5th and qualifying for Europe is the equivalent(sp) of going in to the Intertoto cup.(before it was scrapped).

Games would be sometime in July and teams would be similar to Vetra. Exciting stuff.:yawn:

Speedy
18-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Fair enough but this thread is about the best result today for Hibs and to stay in 4th we needed Utd to win or draw. I'm not even thinking about us finishing 5th or Utd catching Celtc. No way they will overturn 7 points and +15 goals. I don't care who wins or loses what now as long as the results are what's best for us and we get 4th spot.

This thread is/was about what happens to the 5th European spot, hence my reply.

Removed
18-04-2010, 08:49 PM
This thread is/was about what happens to the 5th European spot, hence my reply.

You're correct :cool2: my apologies

seanraff07
18-04-2010, 09:05 PM

I completely agree, i wanted United to win to and i'm delighted that they did.

I was just stating why he might have possibly brought up United catching Celtic.