PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Todays Other Games

Sylar
17-04-2010, 11:09 AM
The big 'un down South is the Manchester derby today at Eastlands.

Big team news is that Wayne Rooney is fit and starts - should be a cracker, especially if it's anything like the earlier game at Old Trafford!

Spurs vs Chelsea is on ESPN at half 5 tonight too.

Other SPL games are:

Motherwell vs Dundee United

Aberdeen vs Falkirk
Hamilton vs Killie
St Johnstone vs St Mirren

Also, the first league can be won today in the Scottish 3rd, if Livingston avoid defeat against Berwick at Almondvale.

Tonight is the Barcelona derby, with Espanyol welcoming Barca, live on Sky.

Good day for football - lets hope it starts with a good win for the Cabbage!

Sylar
17-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Storming start to the Manchester derby - no goals, but completely end to end.

The pitch at Eastlands looks stunning, the sun is shining and the atmosphere sounds electric.

Stark contrast to the dirge at Parkhead :boo hoo:

Judas Iscariot
17-04-2010, 12:07 PM
How did Rooney not get booked for kickin De Jong :bitchy:

Sylar
17-04-2010, 12:19 PM
How did Rooney not get booked for kickin De Jong :bitchy:

No idea, but my fantasy team is thankful :wink:

Sylar
17-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Man Utd score with 30 seconds left in added on time to win it.

Paul Scholes.

0-1.

houston1875
17-04-2010, 01:42 PM
man utd score with 30 seconds left in added on time to win it.

Paul scholes.

0-1.

ginger c----!!!!!

Barney McGrew
17-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Very good header by Scholes from a very good cross :agree:

Wotherspiniesta
17-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Get in there scholesy!

Sylar
17-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Dons 1-0 Falkirk - MacLean

Barney McGrew
17-04-2010, 02:35 PM
St Johnstone 0 St Mirren 1

Hainan Hibs
17-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Falkirk could be in trouble if things stay the same.

Sylar
17-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Falkirk could be in trouble if things stay the same.

And if Falkirk can somehow find 2 goals, Aberdeen will be in deep s**** :thumbsup:

Hainan Hibs
17-04-2010, 03:04 PM
And if Falkirk can somehow find 2 goals, Aberdeen will be in deep s**** :thumbsup:

Mon the Bairns:thumbsup:

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 03:04 PM

Well Pressley did say when he became manager.. 'make no mistake about it, we will stay up' could backfire on him now.:devil:

Hainan Hibs
17-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Witteveen scored for Morton against Dundehhh.

That lad is on fire away from Hearts:greengrin

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 03:09 PM
St.Johnstone 0-2 St.Mirren, Dorman.

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Haha look out for Kieran Richardsons haircut on Match of the Day later, he looks like he should be in Star wars or something.

Hainan Hibs
17-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Leigh Griffiths just scored an equaliser for Dundee from a free kick.

Cannot wait for the next update on his REAL blog:greengrin:thumbsup:

vanNISHtelroy
17-04-2010, 04:45 PM

Think it will be def between two teams to see who goes down, and after today it doesn't look good for us! KTID

seanraff07
17-04-2010, 04:47 PM
1-0 Spurs, haha Terry.:faf:

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2010, 04:47 PM
1-0 to tottenham

defoe

Wotherspiniesta
17-04-2010, 04:49 PM
:thumbsup:

Terry is a bombscare.

GB6
17-04-2010, 05:35 PM
2-0 spurs and 2-0 wba, oneil should of been sent off ther for boro, shocking tackle

PISTOL1875
17-04-2010, 06:04 PM
John Terry just been sent off.. Surely curtains for Chelski now ???

Sir David Gray
17-04-2010, 09:37 PM
The title race is back on! :thumbsup:

Great result for United this afternoon, another winner in "Fergie time". :greengrin

Fantastic result for Tottenham as well, well done to them! :thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
17-04-2010, 09:42 PM
The title race is back on! :thumbsup:

Great result for United this afternoon, another winner in "Fergie time". :greengrin

Fantastic result for Tottenham as well, well done to them! :thumbsup:

That old cliche eh ?? '' Fergie time '' :grr::grr::grr::grr:

Sir David Gray
17-04-2010, 09:47 PM
That old cliche eh ?? '' Fergie time '' :grr::grr::grr::grr:

:greengrin

It must have been a double whammy for you today eh!?

City lose and then a few hours later your biggest rivals for fourth get a massive win which puts you down to fifth and also helps United's title chances at the same time. :thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
17-04-2010, 09:55 PM
:greengrin

It must have been a double whammy for you today eh!?

City lose and then a few hours later your biggest rivals for fourth get a massive win which puts you down to fifth and also helps United's title chances at the same time. :thumbsup:

Try a triple whammy with Chelski getting beat..

After Hibs lost so late on and United winning in the last minute, it was end of the world time... THEN , when Spurs won , it was just horrendous...

AFKA5814_Hibs
17-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Think it will be def between two teams to see who goes down, and after today it doesn't look good for us! KTID

I see your last game of the season is at home to Falkirk. Could go right to the wire.

Sir David Gray
17-04-2010, 10:45 PM
I see your last game of the season is at home to Falkirk. Could go right to the wire.

Relegation is now a three way fight between St Mirren, Kilmarnock and Falkirk. St Johnstone, Hamilton and Aberdeen really don't have anything to play for in their last four games.

St Mirren and Kilmarnock both have two at home and two away and Falkirk have three at home and one away. That may end up being a crucial factor, although in saying that, Falkirk have the worst home record in the league but they do have the best away record out of the three sides.

In terms of the matches between the three sides it is;

St Mirren v Kilmarnock
Kilmarnock v Falkirk
Falkirk v St Mirren

It'll be a huge game next week between St Mirren and Kilmarnock and Falkirk are at home to Hamilton.

Kilmarnock's biggest problem has been their inability to score goals away from home. They have scored just four goals in 17 away matches this year, which is just not good enough.

I certainly see it going down to the final day.

Wotherspiniesta
17-04-2010, 11:01 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/k32gdg.jpg

:hilarious

AFKA5814_Hibs
17-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Relegation is now a three way fight between St Mirren, Kilmarnock and Falkirk. St Johnstone, Hamilton and Aberdeen really don't have anything to play for in their last four games.

St Mirren and Kilmarnock both have two at home and two away and Falkirk have three at home and one away. That may end up being a crucial factor, although in saying that, Falkirk have the worst home record in the league but they do have the best away record out of the three sides.

In terms of the matches between the three sides it is;

St Mirren v Kilmarnock
Kilmarnock v Falkirk
Falkirk v St Mirren

It'll be a huge game next week between St Mirren and Kilmarnock and Falkirk are at home to Hamilton.

Kilmarnock's biggest problem has been their inability to score goals away from home. They have scored just four goals in 17 away matches this year, which is just not good enough.

I certainly see it going down to the final day.

At least something in the SPL is quite exciting. Not really sure who I'd like to see go down. Probably either Killie (sorry vanNISHtelroy) or St Mirren cause Hibs have a worse record against them. :dunno:

Albanian Hibs
17-04-2010, 11:39 PM
At least something in the SPL is quite exciting. Not really sure who I'd like to see go down. Probably either Killie (sorry vanNISHtelroy) or St Mirren cause Hibs have a worse record against them. :dunno:

:agree: I hope Falkirk stay up - our record against them, especially away from home, I think, is much better than against Killie and St Mirren.

GB6
17-04-2010, 11:53 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/k32gdg.jpg (http://i44.tinypic.com/k32gdg.jpg)

:hilarious

i think the scousers will have a field day making songs about this :thumbsup:

Removed
18-04-2010, 12:00 AM
i think the scousers will have a field day making songs about this :thumbsup:

And will that bother the Man U fans? Doubt it, can anyone remind us how long it's been since Liverpool won the league :faf:

GB6
18-04-2010, 01:15 AM
And will that bother the Man U fans? Doubt it, can anyone remind us how long it's been since Liverpool won the league :faf:

eh just a wee while ago :rolleyes:....

YetholmHibee
18-04-2010, 02:25 AM

Is there anything worse than the smug old firm fans . . . . there is always the Man Utd fans.

. . . Come on Chelsea! Come on Chelsea!

YetholmHibee
18-04-2010, 02:28 AM

How many times have Liverpool won the European Cup more than

Manchester United . . . :faf::faf:

Sir David Gray
18-04-2010, 11:35 AM

I hope Falkirk stay up. Being Falkirk born and bred, I think it's good for the town to have a team in the SPL. Also our record against them is much better than our record against Kilmarnock and St Mirren.

We haven't won in Paisley for more than 10 years and our record at Rugby Park isn't much better.

I don't really care either way as to who goes down between St Mirren and Kilmarnock.

Barney McGrew
18-04-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't really care either way as to who goes down between St Mirren and Kilmarnock.

For the sake of Scottish football not losing another team, it would be better if Killie stay up.

If they get relegated, that could well be the end of them.

Sir David Gray
18-04-2010, 12:28 PM
For the sake of Scottish football not losing another team, it would be better if Killie stay up.

If they get relegated, that could well be the end of them.

St Mirren it is then.

Sir David Gray
18-04-2010, 12:42 PM
1-0 Rangers, Lafferty.

Removed
18-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Is there anything worse than the smug old firm fans . . . . there is always the Man Utd fans.

. . . Come on Chelsea! Come on Chelsea!

How many times have Liverpool won the European Cup more than

Manchester United . . . :faf::faf:

:fishin: :faf: There's always one

And no I'm not a Man Utd fan or fan of any English team. I'm a Hibby from Edinburgh and couldn't give a toss who wins the premiership