PDA

View Full Version : Thread deleted?

hibeemikey21
17-04-2010, 01:49 AM
Right, just to clarify, in no way am I annoyed that you pulled the thread as I can kind of see how it would be deemed to be a sensitive topic. However, this a fans forum, we are not releasing official club statements, so I was just wondering why such issues cant be discussed on this, as they would with a group of mates down the pub.

Can forums be subject to legal action as a result of defamation?

Remember the tone though, not angry, just dissappointed! :wink:

Steve-O
17-04-2010, 01:53 AM
Tell me the rumour before this thread gets deleted.

zlatan
17-04-2010, 01:54 AM
and me

MSK
17-04-2010, 01:59 AM
Right, just to clarify, in no way am I annoyed that you pulled the thread as I can kind of see how it would be deemed to be a sensitive topic. However, this a fans forum, we are not releasing official club statements, so I was just wondering why such issues cant be discussed on this, as they would with a group of mates down the pub.

Can forums be subject to legal action as a result of defamation?

Remember the tone though, not angry, just dissappointed! :wink:Yes & its a risk we are not prepared to take, a similar thread was removed a couple of days ago.

zlatan
17-04-2010, 02:02 AM
Is this the rumour about Alen Orman and Batman again?

hibeemikey21
17-04-2010, 02:05 AM
Tell me the rumour before this thread gets deleted.

Haha, I dont think the admins would be too chuffed about that!

MSK
17-04-2010, 02:07 AM
Haha, I dont think the admins would be too chuffed about that!Steve-o knows the score, he has been around here long enough.

hibeemikey21
17-04-2010, 02:08 AM
Yes & its a risk we are not prepared to take, a similar thread was removed a couple of days ago.

No problem. I thought that might be the case, because I couldnt see why we couldnt just discuss these things unless there were possible ramifications for those in charge of the site.

alan1875
17-04-2010, 09:05 AM
how intriguing.... censorship on the internet.... the americans will be on blaming the chinese..... this could start WWiii

Ed De Gramo
17-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Is this the rumour about Alen Orman and Batman again?

:faf::top marks

Phil D. Rolls
17-04-2010, 09:50 AM
No problem. I thought that might be the case, because I couldnt see why we couldnt just discuss these things unless there were possible ramifications for those in charge of the site.

There's possible ramifications for you as well, if you post something that can't be proved. Just as if you say something about someone in the pub. The only difference is that there is a written record on here.

This site is plagued by unsubstantiated posts at the moment. At least that's what someone told me. :greengrin