PDA

View Full Version : Question Which Hibs player(s)........

iwasthere1972
16-04-2010, 04:07 PM
..............were you most unhappy to see leave the club.

For me at the time it happened I would say Colin Stein. Remember I was a nipper at the time and he just appeared to be a goal machine. 41 goals in 74 appearances and £100,000 from Rangers over 30 years ago says he was a good player. I was also pretty gutted when Marinello also left not long after for the same fee but this time to a proper club. :wink:

More recently the award goes to Scott Brown although the £4 million or so we got for him cushioned the blow. A great player while with us but needless to say well below par for Celtic.

jodjam
16-04-2010, 04:16 PM
first time i remember feeling down when a player left was when Craig Paterson left us.

MWHIBBIES
16-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Was very upset when Russel Latapy left.

seanraff07
16-04-2010, 04:21 PM

For me at the time it happened I would say Colin Stein. Remember I was a nipper at the time and he just appeared to be a goal machine. 41 goals in 74 appearances and £100,000 from Rangers over 30 years ago says he was a good player. I was also pretty gutted when Marinello also left not long after for the same fee but this time to a proper club. :wink:

More recently the award goes to Scott Brown although the £4 million or so we got for him cushioned the blow. A great player while with us but needless to say well below par for Celtic.

I'd say Scott Brown aswell, i think partly the reason why he hasn't done aswell at Celtic is cause he doesn't get that 'free role' there which he got whilst with us.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2010, 04:23 PM
I'd say Scott Brown aswell, i think partly the reason why he hasn't done aswell at Celtic is cause he doesn't get that 'free role' there which he got whilst with us.

Daniel Andersson GK

weonlywon6-2
16-04-2010, 04:25 PM

latapy,because it kinda spelt the end of an era i guess
john collins
scott brown
steven whitaker
andy goram

to name but a few

Sherlock Jones
16-04-2010, 04:26 PM
The Colin Stein one hurt and it still burns!

Peter Marinello was sore as well but at least he was taking a major step up.

Pat Stanton going to the green ugly sister though - that just about ended me :grr:

heretoday
16-04-2010, 04:27 PM
I was upset when Peter Cormack left Hibs and annoyed when Andy Goram went to Rangers.

mim
16-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Gutted when Gordon Smith left - especially to go to the Jambos for nowt.
Even more gutted when he proceeded to win the bloody league with them.
Slightly happier when he left them to go to Dundee.
Simply gobsmacked when he proceeed to win the league with Dundee too.

What a player. :agree:

Gutted too when Joe Baker went.

Then a succession of others over the years - it has always been the Hibs way.

Hainan Hibs
16-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Marc Libbra. Was close to tears when we couldn't keep him:boo hoo:

Killiehibbie
16-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Des Bremner, John Collins, Gordon Durie, Andy Goram after that I realised this is the way it will always be.

Bunter
16-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Personally, my first gutter was Bobby Thomson. I thought the guy was a pure 100%er. He put the current effort being made to shame IMO.
Even when he played for Morton, he loved beating Hearts!! :thumbsup:
He was the reason Blackpool are now my English team.

millarco
16-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Not sure if it's restricted to players but I was gutted when Sauzee and Collins left as managers.

weecounty hibby
16-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Have seen lots come and go over the years but one stands out for me in my time as a Hibby. John Collins, absolutely ecstatic when he resigned for a further two years, absolutely gutted when he left to go to Celtic. A truly world class player that we brought through the ranks.

As has been said above this is the way it has always been and will continue to be for us.

Eaststand
16-04-2010, 04:40 PM

I know it's maybe a one player answer that's wanted here, but I was gutted when a lot of the Turnbulls Tornadoes left, Marinello, Cormack, Blackley and Cropley left ......they were quality and we went downhill soon afterwards..Blackley was class and him leaving hurt most I reckon

GGTTH

heretoday
16-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Des Bremner, John Collins, Gordon Durie, Andy Goram after that I realised this is the way it will always be.

True True.....

.Sean.
You could say Mowbray's side, they're all long gone with the exception of Riordan and Murray. I was especially disapointed when Murphy left. I remember crying as a lad when I heard that Sauzee had been sacked, even further back I was inconsolable when Mickey Weir left!

weonlywon6-2
Have seen lots come and go over the years but one stands out for me in my time as a Hibby. John Collins, absolutely ecstatic when he resigned for a further two years, absolutely gutted when he left to go to Celtic. A truly world class player that we brought through the ranks.

As has been said above this is the way it has always been and will continue to be for us.

i was at a proclaimers concert and they dedicated one of the songs to collins staying in a hibs strip.

one of the best players i have seen at easter road.a true professional

James70
16-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Riordan when he left to join Celtic, Mickey Weir was another Hibee I thought would never leave, Pat Stanton, and Ivan Sproule. I was also unhappy when Steven Tweed left as it was out of the blue and I really thought he was destined for great things. Just goes to show!

18/03/07
16-04-2010, 04:47 PM
when Jimmy O'rouke and Alan Gordon left

The Sea-gull
16-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Riordan to Celtic was a bit dissappointing but it was on the cards.

Still think if he had been given a chance he could have kicked on there and become a really good player but we'll never really know why he didn't get a game. Strachan had a lot to do with it but something tells me Deeks brought some of it on himself, he doesn't always seem to have a great attitude.

We're about his level now - sad in a way for us and him. In order for us to have him, we have to have a reduced quality version. Still one of my favourite players on his day though.

Was dissappointed when Darren Jackson and Jim Leighton left. Mickey Weir too.

Also Ivan, Dean Sheils, Gary O'Connor as they came out of the blue a bit.

Less dissappointed about Fletcher, Murphy, Brown and Whittaker as it was obvious they were going and we got cash for them.

Never really felt Tam McManus fulfiled his potential so was a bit dissappointed how things turned out with him.

Kenny Miller - felt he went too early and could have become worth even more if he had stayed another year or two.

Craig Brewster, Mixu (both times), Paco Luna, Libbra.

Wee Russell too! so many! :boo hoo:

Hainan Hibs
16-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Luna! How could I forget, for that I did cry:boo hoo:

ekhibee
16-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Konte,Showumni,Kerr and O'Brien.

Cocaine&Caviar
16-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Boozy.

Westie1875
16-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Latapy
Miller
O'Connor (timing more than anything else)
Riordan (better not leave again anytime soon :bitchy: )
Murray
Brown

Sauzee & Collins as managers.

blackpoolhibs
16-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Colin Stein was the first player to leave, that annoyed the **** out of me. Stanton was the one that hurt the most. Although Sauzee's sacking was the nearest i have felt to how i did when Pat left, in recent years.

Hibs On Tour
16-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Hmmm... where to start?... in no order whatsoever...

Brian Rice [thought he was sheer class]
Ivan Sproule [no other player got me out my seat like he did]
Scott Brown [best player I think we've brought through the ranks]
Boozy [on his day, almost peerless]
JC [as player, not as manager]
Rob Jones [from his first game for us, thought he was a stand-out]
Killen [because I felt the big **** stitched us up after we looked after him]

No doubt forgotten so many others too...

Hibs On Tour
16-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Latapy
Miller
O'Connor (timing more than anything else)
Riordan (better not leave again anytime soon :bitchy: )
Murray
Brown

Sauzee & Collins as managers.

Perhaps better keep your ears and eyes covered during the summer if other threads are to believed then... :boo hoo:

Hibstrooper
16-04-2010, 06:26 PM
I remember being gutted reading on the front of The Pink that Darren Jackson was going to join Celtic :boo hoo:

Barney McGrew
16-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Kenny Miller - he left us at least a year too early, and would have scored an absolute barrowload in the team that ended up finishing third and getting to the SC Final.

Big Frank
16-04-2010, 06:38 PM
remember being gutted when John Collins went to the soapies. Was also pear shaped when dukebox left and also goram.

Bostonhibby
16-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Plenty but Ian Munro stands out for me because of the deal - if I remember correctly part of the deal brought Ally Scott to Easter Rd and boy were we used to so much better up front.......

madabouthibs
16-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Gordon Durie
Ivan Sproule
David Murphy
Kenny Miller
Didier Agathe

These are stick outs for me, i was pretty upset when they all left. :boo hoo:

Billychaotic182
16-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Luna and Sproule