PDA

View Full Version : Question What points do we need?

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2010, 06:43 AM
I reckon we need 4 points to finish 5th as hearts would then require 11 from 15 to finish above us.

I then reckon we need 7pts for 4th place as Motherwell would need 9/10pts to finish above us

Thoughts?

1two
16-04-2010, 06:49 AM
i think we need 4 points going into the motherwell game.
Then basically it depends what they have.

basehibby
16-04-2010, 11:32 AM
4 points will quite possibly be enough to finish 4th.

If we got 4 points then Motherwell would need 6 points and the Yams 10 to get level. I'd be surprised if either of them surpassed these totals, so, assuming goal difference was good enough then that would be enough.

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2010, 11:42 AM
I reckon we need 4 points to finish 5th as hearts would then require 11 from 15 to finish above us.

I then reckon we need 7pts for 4th place as Motherwell would need 9/10pts to finish above us

Thoughts?

I know you're talking mathematically but we need 1 more than Motherwell and Hearts. The way some of us are talking on here it's as if those 2 are going to go on an unbeaten run and get 13 points each from the next 5 games. That's not going to happen.

matty_f
16-04-2010, 11:54 AM
I know you're talking mathematically but we need 1 more than Motherwell and Hearts. The way some of us are talking on here it's as if those 2 are going to go on an unbeaten run and get 13 points each from the next 5 games. That's not going to happen.

:agree:

No matter how bad we've been for the last however long, we're still ahead of them.

iwasthere1972
16-04-2010, 11:57 AM

:agree: Provided we take at least one point off Motherwell we could lose the other 4 games and still be 4th. IMHO A win at Motherwell would probably be enough.

tomhorn
16-04-2010, 11:57 AM

Why not? Only game they have little chance of winning is against Rangers. I think Motherwell will fancy their chances against us, celtic, hearts and even 1 point of Dundee Utd and/or Rangers is possible. Same for Hearts. Every other team in the top 6 will be looking for at least 3 points from us if they have seen us play recently...

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Why not? Only game they have little chance of winning is against Rangers. I think Motherwell will fancy their chances against us, celtic, hearts and even 1 point of Dundee Utd and/or Rangers is possible. Same for Hearts. Every other team in the top 6 will be looking for at least 3 points from us if they have seen us play recently...

Mainly because they're not good enough.

Motherwell are on a poor run of form just now as well, I can't remember what Hearts scores have been recently but given they're still behind us I assume they've not been kicking ass.

JimBHibees
16-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Thought Motherwell and Utd looked good in their games v OF this week so we will need to improve to stay ahead of Well. We kind of need Utd to turn them over tomorrow and anything we get at Parkhead would be a bonus on top of our lead.

AFKA5814_Hibs
16-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Beat Hertz and we'll finish above them, regardless of other results.

As for finishing 4th ahead of Motherwell, it'll come down to the game at Firhill.

iwasthere1972
17-04-2010, 12:12 AM

As for finishing 4th ahead of Motherwell, it'll come down to the game at Firhill.

How do you work that one out?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-04-2010, 12:22 AM

:agree: Thats the crunch. We've done well there in recent years.

3 points at Firpark and we'll be cushtie.

brydekirk
17-04-2010, 06:59 AM
i think that today against the tic and the next derby will be our best chance of maximum points, if we play football.

AFKA5814_Hibs
17-04-2010, 08:55 AM
How do you work that one out?

Ok, not mathematically, but we're 6 ahead with 11 goals better off, so effectively 7 points. A win over the Yams would mean they would have to win all their other 4 games after the split and Hibs would have to lose all the other 4 games, cannot see both of that happening tbh.