PDA

View Full Version : Yam Black Balloon Protest

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2010, 02:24 PM
I was searching for something else altogether and came across this YouTube video. Does anyone know what this was all about?

YouTube - Black Balloon protest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q96ekd1NcBk)

Toaods
15-04-2010, 02:26 PM
it's the Yams paying respect to exhaled breath, which is the only thing at Tynecastle this millenium which will be in the black.

:cool2:

Pretty Boy
15-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Possibly to mark the death of a great servant of the club who made the tea for 2 weeks in 1948 or something?

Or do these minor characters in their history only get tributes, silences etc when it happens to be Hibs they are playing?

Barney McGrew
15-04-2010, 02:32 PM
I was searching for something else altogether and came across this YouTube video. Does anyone know what this was all about?

Looks like it was a protest against their board that ran up £18m of debt while buying a Scottish Cup win.

Just a well they didn't replace them with a board who doubled that debt while buying a Scottish Cup win.

Oh wait........

Mibbes Aye
15-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Protest against the Six Day War I believe.

It was over so quickly the yams didn't have time to form an expeditionary force.

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Looks like it was a protest against their board that ran up £18m of debt while buying a Scottish Cup win.

Just a well they didn't replace them with a board who doubled that debt while buying a Scottish Cup win.

Oh wait........

Surely all the board had to do was sell the PBS and redevelop elsewhere? I mean they could hardly borrow the money from themselves.:confused:

Those Yams, what are they like!!!!

basehibby
15-04-2010, 03:02 PM

Surely this is a protest against Christian Nade's latest contract extension no?!?

Big Frank
15-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Protest against the Six Day War I believe.

It was over so quickly the yams didn't have time to form an expeditionary force.

:faf::faf:

:top marks

Hibs On Tour
15-04-2010, 04:19 PM

Pretty clear, no?

"Hang the pieman"

"Sack the board"

Now, how many guesses do you want for this?... :greengrin

Without the sound I'd have naturally thought it was for Justin Fashanu...!

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Pretty clear, no?

"Hang the pieman"

"Sack the board"

Now, how many guesses do you want for this?... :greengrin

Without the sound I'd have naturally thought it was for Justin Fashanu...!

I can't believe they would want to sack the board, because if the had then Romanov would be their fault. There must be another explanation.

Are you sure they weren't singing "back the board"?

lapsedhibee
15-04-2010, 04:41 PM
The yams had one utterly stonkingly good idea to oust Mr Vlad, which was to send him a lot of black faxes. This would have brought the entire UBIG/UKIO/UKIP empire crashing down. Looks as though someone has tried to make the idea even more spectacular with balloons, razzmatazz and that, and in so doing has failed to carry out the central plot, which was to cripple Mr Vlad with the cost of toner. What are they like.

hibbymac
15-04-2010, 04:46 PM
I can't believe they would want to sack the board, because if the had then Romanov would be their fault. There must be another explanation.

It was at the time when hoofball was becoming boring and they suggested getting more entertainment at Pinkcastle, so they went with the theme "Black the Board" thinking they would get the Minstrels.

YouTube - The Black & White Minstrel Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MCYzb1vENQ&feature=player_embedded)

... but I think section N objected. :boo hoo:

matty_f
15-04-2010, 04:51 PM
The yams had one utterly stonkingly good idea to oust Mr Vlad, which was to send him a lot of black faxes. This would have brought the entire UBIG/UKIO/UKIP empire crashing down. Looks as though someone has tried to make the idea even more spectacular with balloons, razzmatazz and that, and in so doing has failed to carry out the central plot, which was to cripple Mr Vlad with the cost of toner. What are they like.

:faf::faf: I remember that! Absolutely serious suggestion it was, tae!

Fannies!

Barney McGrew
15-04-2010, 04:54 PM
:faf::faf: I remember that! Absolutely serious suggestion it was, tae!

Fannies!

Thankfully, they just decided to fight amongst themselves instead to make their point (note the extremely fashionable RRReversible satin jacket on contender number one)

YouTube - romanovs monkeys fighting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8N7wwf3JUM)

iwasthere1972
15-04-2010, 05:04 PM

I have to ask.

What were you looking for when you typed "black balloons" into Google? :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2010, 05:22 PM
I have to ask.

eh, cough, well, err, it was like this:

Search for Patrick Stewart Maybury (a long forgotten show about a psychiatric hospital) and you will see a choice of two vids.

ps - close examination of the Yam video clearly shows Mikey Stewart making his to his seat, no doubt he heard there was a camera there. He certainly isn't the kind of guy to rock the boat at a football club. (30 s in)

lapsedhibee
15-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Search for Patrick Stewart Maybury (a long forgotten show about a psychiatric hospital)

I remember seeing an episode or two of that, with him and Dominic Guard. Dunno whether the whole series was of that quality, but the script and acting in the interplay between those two were sooperb.

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2010, 05:38 PM
I remember seeing an episode or two of that, with him and Dominic Guard. Dunno whether the whole series was of that quality, but the script and acting in the interplay between those two were sooperb.

It was excellent, but is never mentioned - even absent from his Wikipaedia entry.

I just can't think how searching for a drama set in a nut house threw up a vid of Yams throwing black balloons into the air.

StevieC
16-04-2010, 09:01 AM
YouTube - romanovs monkeys fighting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8N7wwf3JUM)

The above clip is excellent for a "what was said next" competition.

:greengrin

"It's fair to say .... "

:hmmm:

Phil D. Rolls
16-04-2010, 09:08 AM
The above clip is excellent for a "what was said next" competition.

:greengrin

"It's fair to say .... "

:hmmm:

"It's fair to say there's nothing to see here, please move along".

Hibs On Tour
16-04-2010, 10:52 AM

How foolish of me - you are of course correct! :faf:

Hibs On Tour
16-04-2010, 10:53 AM

Is there no end to the lengths this madman will go to...? :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
16-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Is there no end to the lengths this madman will go to...? :greengrin

How can we save the pound when the Yam players get paid in Euros? Just another example of the disjointed thinking that is Yamenomics. And he thinks he can take over one of our main political parties as well?

Not on my watch!!! Back Off Brussels!!!

ChilliEater
16-04-2010, 01:03 PM
I have to ask.

Now if it was me, I'd have been looking for this:

YouTube - The Kills - Black Balloon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruc1jTK2H_s&feature=fvst)

Aaaaahhh, Alison Mosshart :dizzy:

Phil D. Rolls
16-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Now if it was me, I'd have been looking for this:

Aaaaahhh, Alison Mosshart :dizzy:

If they had another 98 of those, they could parody a well know German artist.

erskine-hibby
16-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Was it not something to do with Nade...he's a black baloon:wink:

mowgli
18-04-2010, 09:13 AM
How can we save the pound when the Yam players get paid in Euros? Just another example of the disjointed thinking that is Yamenomics. And he thinks he can take over one of our main political parties as well?

Not on my watch!!! Back Off Brussels!!!

:faf::faf::faf:

Phil D. Rolls
18-04-2010, 08:44 PM
:faf::faf::faf:

http://www.seatwave.com/FileStore/SEASON/IMAGE/the-fast-show_001745_1_MainPicture.jpg

Durty book going free. No time wasters. No "I just happened to be in the shop" (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=74108&highlight=Yamasaurus).

Perhaps sir may be interested in the full edition. Available here, free of charge, that's right sir free. You can't say fairer than that!

Owhh do you think he'll like it Kenny, do you? Would you like it sir, a nice hard one sir? Oooh suits you, suits you sir.

Would you like it? For the wife sir, shall I wrap it in a nice brown paper bag sir?

Oooh suits you, would you like me to cover it up sir? In a nice wrapper sir, would you like it?

Just the way you like it sir, so no one knows you've been in our little shop sir? Would you like that? Suits you.

We had that Mr Jeffries in the other month sir, he liked it, he definitely likes it sir. Discretion that's the name of the game - suits you.

Bad Martini
18-04-2010, 08:49 PM
That's them posting their Christmas Letter to Santa early sending as many baloons as they can to the North Pole :greengrin...they collectively asked for £40 million notes to clear their debt and buy the remaining B&Q stock on big pink flat packed stands so they can finish the redevelopment of the BPBS.

Either that, or they were attempting to see how far a baloon can get full of hot air with nae substance or point in being :devil: