PDA

View Full Version : Things will get better

Gerard
15-04-2010, 01:41 PM
As Hibs fans we know that we have not enjoyed a great deal of success by supporting Hibs, if you want to success on a regular basis then support one of the 'ugly sisters'.

In recent years our club has invested money in a state of the art training academy,paid off vast sums of our club debt and are building a new stand.
The club has invested a lot of money in projects that will benefit the team in the long term.

I know that as fans we are impatient and demand that we are successful in the short term and when that does not happen; we want a new manager or owner. I can not see that happening.

I am happy that I support a team that has ambitions without spending money that threatens the future of the club. I sometimes look at Kickback and can not undertsand the majority of posters who appear to have a pathological contempt for anything connected with Hibs. These are clearly people who need medical help. They might be the people who were released into the community from institutions:wink:

I think that Hibs has a bright future and even though there will be times we fail to live up to our potential I would rather support Hibs than the other team In Edinburgh:wink:

G

MrSmith
15-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Here, Here!

:thumbsup:

Hainan Hibs
15-04-2010, 01:54 PM
YouTube - D:ream "Things can only get better" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIj-6fr2SlI)

munchar
15-04-2010, 02:16 PM
As Hibs fans we know that we have not enjoyed a great deal of success by supporting Hibs, if you want to success on a regular basis then support one of the 'ugly sisters'.

In recent years our club has invested money in a state of the art training academy,paid off vast sums of our club debt and are building a new stand.
The club has invested a lot of money in projects that will benefit the team in the long term.

I know that as fans we are impatient and demand that we are successful in the short term and when that does not happen; we want a new manager or owner. I can not see that happening.

I am happy that I support a team that has ambitions without spending money that threatens the future of the club. I sometimes look at Kickback and can not undertsand the majority of posters who appear to have a pathological contempt for anything connected with Hibs. These are clearly people who need medical help. They might be the people who were released into the community from institutions:wink:

I think that Hibs has a bright future and even though there will be times we fail to live up to our potential I would rather support Hibs than the other team In Edinburgh:wink:

G

:top marks :thumbsup:
Ditto!

I understand fans are getting frustrated, but i now trust the board and can see where they are trying to take us. We are work in progress, but it looks like the future is bright. Hopefully we can scrape into europe :dummytit: and strengthen the squad in the summer, make ourselves the 3rd force, and hopefully mount a challenge to the old firm.

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2010, 02:41 PM
:top marks :thumbsup:
Ditto!

I understand fans are getting frustrated, but i now trust the board and can see where they are trying to take us. We are work in progress, but it looks like the future is bright. Hopefully we can scrape into europe :dummytit: and strengthen the squad in the summer, make ourselves the 3rd force, and hopefully mount a challenge to the old firm.

:hmmm:

Wilson
15-04-2010, 02:50 PM

I have read that same rubbish quote many times over the years. I don't think anybody on here is going to support anyone else in much of a hurry so why does it keep cropping up?

This isn't just about success. Performance levels and results could be much better, and therefore more acceptable to many, and we still might not win anything.

Standards on the park are currently much lower than a lot of hibees can tolerate. They are quite within their rights to expect and demand more. Suggesting that they support anyone else is a bit disingenuous.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-04-2010, 02:59 PM
I have read that same rubbish quote many times over the years. I don't think anybody on here is going to support anyone else in much of a hurry so why does it keep cropping up?

This isn't just about success. Performance levels and results could be much better, and therefore more acceptable to many, and we still might not win anything.

Standards on the park are currently much lower than a lot of hibees can tolerate. They are quite within their rights to expect and demand more. Suggesting that they support anyone else is a bit disingenuous.

:top marks

The bit about going and supporting the OF is so far off the radar. Probably on the cusp of irrelevance.

greenlex
15-04-2010, 04:08 PM
YouTube - D:ream "Things can only get better" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIj-6fr2SlI)

Professor "rock star" Brian Cox was the keyboard player for D:ream.
He presented the Wonders of the Solar System programme on the tellybox on a Sunday night.
Not a lot of people know that. :cool2:

Gerard
15-04-2010, 04:52 PM
:top marks

The bit about going and supporting the OF is so far off the radar. Probably on the cusp of irrelevance.
If you want to support a team that wins sliverware on a regular basis then you need to support a team like Rangers or Celtic. If you find that not acceptable, then you can also consider teams like Man Utd, Aresnal etc.

Hibs like many other clubs in the SPL do not win silverware on a regular basis. There are many reasons why we support the teams we support. The problem with Hibs is that for a club of our size in terms of support we should have won more silverware
G

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-04-2010, 05:14 PM
:top marks The bit about going and supporting the OF is so far off the radar. Probably on the cusp of irrelevance. You are right, Gerard you are missing the point of so many peoples frustrations on here, must be due to them being Hibbies and not looking to support anyone else. Nobody is naive enough to start demanding/expecting an endless stream of trophies, a bit more effort / show of concern from those currently in g position to change things would be good though!

hibeemark
15-04-2010, 05:21 PM
If you want to support a team that wins sliverware on a regular basis then you need to support a team like Rangers or Celtic. If you find that not acceptable, then you can also consider teams like Man Utd, Aresnal etc.

Hibs like many other clubs in the SPL do not win silverware on a regular basis. There are many reasons why we support the teams we support. The problem with Hibs is that for a club of our size in terms of support we should have won more silverware
G

I don't think many would disagree with you, but when was the last time someone on here did say Hibs should be winning silverware every year? It's certainly not something I read on here often. :confused:

Folk on here have been criticising Yogi's tactics, his PR style, the team, the board, you name it. Some of it I agree with, some I don't. But being critical in that way is completely different from suggesting we should be winning silverware regularly, which is just plain unrealistic with our current financial constraints.

So saying that anyone who criticises the team should follow the Old Firm if they want silverware seems like a bit of a strawman argument, to me.

We don't expect that same kind of success; rather we just want to feel as if we are going in the correct direction, and whether we are or not has been the main focus of debate on here recently.

You even make it sound as if you think winning silverware (and the desire to do so) is a bad thing simply because it is what Rangers and Celtic do. :hmmm:

Gerard
15-04-2010, 05:23 PM
You are right, Gerard you are missing the point of so many peoples frustrations on here, must be due to them being Hibbies and not looking to support anyone else. Nobody is naive enough to start demanding/expecting an endless stream of trophies, a bit more effort / show of concern would be good though!

I see the frustrations that people have with Hibs at the moment but there is no quick fix that I can see to this problem.
Does the club have players that are good enough to get into Europe?
Is the manager competant in the way that he manages the players that he has? Are his tactics correct in the games that we play?
These are questions that have been asked on a regular basis and there is a considerable diversity of opinion in relation to thee questions.

I think that the manager needs at least 2 seasons to be able to mould his team and tactics. If there is no improvement in the club's position; then we need to seek a new manager.

If managers and players do not give 100% effort they should leave Hibs and find another club that does not have these standards.
G

PS I am 44 years old and in that time Hibs have won 3 League Cups. That is not a good return for our club but consider this fact that Hibs did not win silverware from 1902 until the League was won in 1948!
If I was a rich man I would gladly spend vast sums of money for Hibs to win silverware.......
Perhaps the Euro millions this week might be lucky for me

hibiedude
15-04-2010, 05:37 PM

Superb reply :top marks

the old-firm rubbish made me laugh.