PDA

View Full Version : Poty & ypoty

blueisthecolour
15-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Announced, hibs player nominated in ypoty

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100415/gers-in-line-for-honours_2254024_2025007

Who do you think will win?

greenlex
15-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Leigh Griffiths should get it purely on the strength of his Blog.:agree:

http://dundeebarryleighgriffiths.blogspot.com/
:faf::faf::faf:

Westie1875
15-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Announced, hibs player nominated in ypoty

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100415/gers-in-line-for-honours_2254024_2025007 (http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100415/gers-in-line-for-honours_2254024_2025007)

Who do you think will win?

Can't access that site from work, what are the nominations (presume Stokes is the Hibs nominee)?

blueisthecolour
15-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Can't access that site from work, what are the nominations (presume Stokes is the Hibs nominee)?

Davie Weir, Steve Davis and Kris Boyd have all been short-listed along with Andy Webster, who, of
course, is on loan this season with Dundee United.

Wilson rangers, Leigh Griffiths (Dundee), David Goodwillie (Dundee United) and Anthony Stokes (Hibs),

lugz
15-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Stokes will surely win ypoty :agree:

Westie1875
15-04-2010, 10:29 AM

Surely has to be when you look at the others nominated and the number of goals he has scored.

shadeparkhibby
15-04-2010, 10:35 AM
How many games has Danny Wilson played?Stokes has to be a cert!

blueisthecolour
15-04-2010, 10:37 AM

What age is stokes? and what age does ypoty stop, he seems to have been about for a while.

GlesgaeHibby

Wilson has played 24 scoring once.

Stokes has played 32 scoring 18.

blueisthecolour

20-25 I think

blueisthecolour
15-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Wilson has played 24 scoring once.

Stokes has played 32 scoring 18.

Wilson is a defender, his game is not about scoring goals:wink:

Andy74
15-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Davie Weir, Steve Davis and Kris Boyd have all been short-listed along with Andy Webster, who, of
course, is on loan this season with Dundee United.

Wilson rangers, Leigh Griffiths (Dundee), David Goodwillie (Dundee United) and Anthony Stokes (Hibs),

And virtually no-one on here wanted Andy Webster at the beginning of the season. Injury prone and hardly played any football. :wink:

Mon Dieu4
15-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Although Stokes is only about 21 & has scored lots of goals this season I would rather have seen Wotherspoon get nominated, he is more of a success story for me

blueisthecolour
15-04-2010, 10:40 AM
And virtually no-one on here wanted Andy Webster at the beginning of the season. Injury prone and hardly played any football. :wink:

It's been a great season, rangers now know they can sell wilson or bougerra anf webster is there to step in:wink:

JimBHibees
15-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Davis and Stokes look a shoe in.

Diclonius
15-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Goodwillie will get it.

lugz
15-04-2010, 10:44 AM
What age is stokes? and what age does ypoty stop, he seems to have been about for a while.

He's only 21, think he was at falkirk when he was 17 and was scoring goals quite regular at that age.

His goals alone this season should get him the award.

Andy74
15-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Goodwillie will get it.

For what reason?

JimBHibees
15-04-2010, 10:49 AM
For what reason?

Great surname :dunno: :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2010, 10:50 AM
For what reason?

I think he just wanted to say "willie" and "get it" in the same sentence.

lugz
15-04-2010, 10:51 AM
For what reason?

He has 8 league goals this season :greengrin

GlesgaeHibby
15-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Wilsin is a defender, his game is not about scoring goals:wink:

I know that. Just giving the games/goals stats.

Oh and it's Wilson, not Wilsin :devil:

lugz
15-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Just noticed that Rooney has been nominated for poty & ypoty down south. That'll be a no contest then!!

Toaods
15-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Davie wier???? are they taking the piss...he's been run ragged all season with others like McGregor/Alexander/Bouggera bailing him out. Remember his slip(?) at Hamilton....pathetic.

He should be retiring not getting a 'services to the Hun' award

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Wilson has played 14 games in the League for Rangers, how can he possibly be one of the nominations?

Diclonius
15-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Wilson has played 14 games in the League for Rangers, how can he possibly be one of the nominations?

'Cuz he's pure a wee guy an' plays fur Rangers and is gonny be the future of Scotland an' aw that ye ken by the way.

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 06:18 PM
'Cuz he's pure a wee guy an' plays fur Rangers and is gonny be the future of Scotland an' aw that ye ken by the way.

Gid point haw.:agree:

Wotherspiniesta
15-04-2010, 06:30 PM
For those that don't want to visit the HUN website but still want to read:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8621078.stm

For anybody wanting to see the HUNS getting pumped:

YouTube - Rangers 0-3 Hibernian (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ZZfEOzBPE)

And for anybody just wondering why you hate HUNS:

YouTube - Rangers in Manchester 14/05/2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8VVpI3YWxQ)

Stokes for YPOTY.

B*gger the rest of them!

:flag:

.Sean.
15-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Danny Wilson being nominated is beyond a joke.

hibee62
15-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Hmmm, Boyd scores 22 goals in a much better team and offers bugger all else to the team. Stokes scores 19 goals with much less service and has had to fight it alone upfront... Why is Boyd ahead of Stokes?

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Hmmm, Boyd scores 22 goals in a much better team and offers bugger all else to the team. Stokes scores 19 goals with much less service and has had to fight it alone upfront... Why is Boyd ahead of Stokes?

Cause he plays for the Huns, simple as.

Bostonhibby
15-04-2010, 07:35 PM
just off the top of my head, the winner will be anyone from Der Hun who is "young" and the runner up will be Weir? :confused: with Walter Smith as most promising youngster and lifetime achievement awards for Tiny Wharton and Dick Advocaat.

Westie1875
15-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Danny Wilson being nominated is beyond a joke.

:agree: Has he even played half the season?

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 07:40 PM
:agree: Has he even played half the season?

He's played 14 in the league which is what the award is based on.:faf:

Speedy
15-04-2010, 08:16 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if he won it

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 08:17 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he won it

Wouldn't surprise me either, and after 14 games for Rangers, Liverpool want him for £3M. No wonder they can't win the Premiership.:bitchy:

blueisthecolour
15-04-2010, 09:03 PM

No its not, it's poty all comps:wink:

Jim44
15-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Goodwillie will get it.

:agree: Not that this is my choice. I just think that because of D. Utd's success, Goodwillie's contribution to this will edge out Stokes for the award. If we were in United's position just now Stokes would get it in my opinion. I know that his team's position shouldn't enter into it but I've a funny feeling it will in this case.

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 09:18 PM
No its not, it's poty all comps:wink:

Sorry, 24 then, still half a season once you add up the games you've played in the CIS, Scottish Cup and Champions League then.:wink:

blueisthecolour
15-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Sorry, 24 then, still half a season once you add up the games you've played in the CIS, Scottish Cup and Champions League then.:wink:

mate you say that as if im having a go, I think stokes will get it, I was just pointing out it was over the full season all comps.

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 09:28 PM
mate you say that as if im having a go, I think stokes will get it, I was just pointing out it was over the full season all comps.

The wink face got me going then.:agree:

Nah it wouldn't surprise me if Wilson does get it.

blueisthecolour
15-04-2010, 09:41 PM
The wink face got me going then.:agree:

Nah it wouldn't surprise me if Wilson does get it.

On this thread folk make out as if rangers players win it all the time, we have only had 3 winners since 1996/97 and one of these years was a joint award.

In the year of the our uefa cup run we were going for a domestic treble and the uefa cup and a first division manger got manager of the year so that should tell people it not because players are with rangers that they win it.

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 09:44 PM
On this thread folk make out as if rangers players win it all the time, we have only had 3 winners since 1996/97 and one of these years was a joint award.

In the year of the our uefa cup run we were going for a domestic treble and the uefa cup and a first division manger got manager of the year so that should tell people it not because players are with rangers that they win it.

Put it this way, if i had to pick between a Rangers and a Hibs player who was more likely to win, even if they were equally as good, i would definitely pick the Rangers player.

If you've got a problem with people on this thinking that and it really gets to you so much then just don't come on this in the future.

blueisthecolour
15-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Put it this way, if i had to pick between a Rangers and a Hibs player who was more likely to win, even if they were equally as good, i would definitely pick the Rangers player.

If you've got a problem with people on this thinking that and it really gets to you so much then just don't come on this in the future.

I have no problem with it, im pointing out facts that it doesn't happen, the facts are there to prove these posters wrong.

millarco
15-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Slightly off topic but the EPL Young Player of the Year nominations are a little bit ridiculous. Rooney and Milner are 24, whilst Hart and Fabregas are 22, hardly young in footballing terms. Rooney won it in 2005 and 2006, shouldn't be winning such an award 5 years apart. Thought the cut-off would be 21, think that's what it is here.

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 09:51 PM
I have no problem with it, im pointing out facts that it doesn't happen, the facts are there to prove these posters wrong.

Ok, you go ahead and continue to browse for facts just to prove us posters wrong then.

blueisthecolour
15-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Ok, you go ahead and continue to browse for facts just to prove us posters wrong then.

They are not hard to find.

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 09:55 PM
They are not hard to find.

You continue to quite easily find the facts to prove us wrong then.

HibeeDaz6270
15-04-2010, 10:03 PM

Your coming across like an idiot.

Blueisthecolour is a Rangers fan, big deal, this thread is in no way gloating, or having a dig at hibs fans etc, so chill out and stop looking for reasons to have a go at him.

The reaction of some Hibs fans when this guy gives his opinion is quite hoestly pathetic.

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Your coming across like an idiot.

Blueisthecolour is a Rangers fan, big deal, this thread is in no way gloating, or having a dig at hibs fans etc, so chill out and stop looking for reasons to have a go at him.

The reaction of some Hibs fans when this guy gives his opinion is quite hoestly pathetic.

Maybe i over-reacted with a couple of my posts i admit, but why do Rangers fans feel they need to join a fans forum talking about Hibs and post so regularly on it? It's like he's just asking for abuse.

HibeeDaz6270
15-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Maybe i over-reacted with a couple of my posts i admit, but why do Rangers fans feel they need to join a fans forum talking about Hibs and post so regularly on it? It's like he's just asking for abuse.
Personally i have no idea. Although i dont see the big deal with it. 99% of his posts i have no problem with. I could see where you were coming from if he continued to post to wind up fans, give out abuse etc, but he doesnt do that. Why do Hibs fans get so uptight about a Rangers fan posting on a hibs forum? To be honest, its sometimes good to get the opinion of a non hibs supporter.

FranckSuzy
15-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Personally i have no idea. Although i dont see the big deal with it. 99% of his posts i have no problem with. I could see where you were coming from if he continued to post to wind up fans, give out abuse etc, but he doesnt do that. Why do Hibs fans get so uptight about a Rangers fan posting on a hibs forum? To be honest, its sometimes good to get the opinion of a non hibs supporter.

To be fair tho', BITC hasn't been on for a while so it may seem like he's not constantly 'goading' us. Some others may feel that ANY of his posts are :wink:

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 10:14 PM

I do like it too normally, a bit of banter, but it does begin to get a bit irritating when they keep talking about their own players, i know for a fact he wouldn't have bothered to post the link up for the YPTY award if Danny Wilson wasn't in it. Likewise for the POTY award, he wouldn't have brought it up if Weir, Davis and Boyd weren't nominees. And further up the thread he brags about how it's been a great season, Webster is there to step in etc.. i don't exactly think many Hibbys on this are wanting to read about that.

HibeeDaz6270
15-04-2010, 10:18 PM
I do like it too normally, a bit of banter, but it does begin to get a bit irritating when they keep talking about their own players, i know for a fact he wouldn't have bothered to post the link up for the YPTY award if Danny Wilson wasn't in it. Likewise for the POTY award, he wouldn't have brought it up if Weir, Davis and Boyd weren't nominees. And further up the thread he brags about how it's been a great season, Webster is there to step in etc.. i don't exactly think many Hibbys on this are wanting to read about that.
Maybe not, but it did have interest to hibs fans as stokes was involved. If stokes was not there, good chance he wouldnt have even mentioned it. I also think he made a few very good points.

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Maybe not, but it did have interest to hibs fans as stokes was involved. If stokes was not there, good chance he wouldnt have even mentioned it. I also think he made a few very good points.

Well i suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you have yours and i have mine. Saying i'm coming across as an idiot is maybe a bit uncalled for though, i was only suggesting that he maybe shouldn't consistently make posts that relate to Rangers.

Jonnyboy
15-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Well i suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you have yours and i have mine. Saying i'm coming across as an idiot is maybe a bit uncalled for though, i was only suggesting that he maybe shouldn't consistently make posts that relate to Rangers.

This thread offers enough evidence of that trait but check out the football banter thread :wink:

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 10:29 PM
This thread offers enough evidence of that trait but check out the football banter thread :wink:

Fair point there.:wink:

HibeeDaz6270
15-04-2010, 10:30 PM

Ok i apologise :greengrin although in my opinion, you were :wink:

blueisthecolour
15-04-2010, 10:30 PM

Just posing what the op asked for celtic jokes, being their rival I get loads of txt about them, and im just sharing as the op asked, if he hadn't asked I would not have posted them.

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Ok i apologise :greengrin although in my opinion, you were :wink:

I can't argue with that.:wink: