PDA

View Full Version : Mikey Stewart for Hibs ?

bathhibby
15-04-2010, 10:01 AM
For all his faults he does put a shift in and graft, would anybody be keen to re-sign him at ER ?

jdships
15-04-2010, 10:03 AM
For all his faults he does put a shift in and graft, would anybody be keen to re-sign him at ER ?

:faf:
Please NO !!

Diclonius
15-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Yeah, I would.

Not gonna happen though.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Good player, good work rate and good ability.

Still reckon there is better out there than Mikey Stewart though. Possibly a bit of a disruptive influence as well.

Jack
15-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Please! Pass the bucket!! :jamboak:

No to me – to him! :faf:

Ritchie
15-04-2010, 10:16 AM
if he were to resign for hibs i wouldnt renew my season ticket.

Phil MaGlass
15-04-2010, 10:20 AM
I wouldnt like to see him at Hibs but I would like to see his aggression and FIGHT.

bathhibby
15-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Fair point Phil - screw Stewart but we want his fight

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2010, 10:47 AM
How tall is he?

.Sean.
15-04-2010, 11:49 AM
I wouldn't like to see it happen, but wouldn't rule it out completely. Seems to be dissilusioned with life at Hearts and looks to be off in the summer, Yogi did try to sign him for Falkirk and he's the type of player he likes. By all accounts he re-signed for Hearts because Collins didn't like him and he wanted to stay in Edinburgh. I also can't remember him saying anything untoward about Hibs either, infact i'm sure he said he enjoyed his time with us alot and would've been happy to stay had it not been for differences with the manager. Perhaps someone could find the interview?

SlickShoes
15-04-2010, 11:49 AM
lol

Toaods
15-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Heard he is already agreed to join Strachan's SPL drop-outs at Middlesbrough.

Frazerbob
15-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Stewart was a good player for us. He was heading for POTY and the Scotland squad until his illness kicked in just after he scored a wonder goal against Aberdeen. He has also played very well against us this season. MOTM in the two Derbies he's played and a great example of the difference in attitude of the two teams during these matches IMO.

However, there is no way I'd take him back and there is even less chance he'd come back.

Bad Martini
15-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Stewart was a good player for us. He was heading for POTY and the Scotland squad until his illness kicked in just after he scored a wonder goal against Aberdeen. He has also played very well against us this season. MOTM in the two Derbies he's played and a great example of the difference in attitude of the two teams during these matches IMO.

However, there is no way I'd take him back and there is even less chance he'd come back.

Spot on. He scored the goal against the sheep, barfed by the side of the pitch and never done anything else positive for us after that.....he allegedly had a significant hand in the anti-Collins pish that ended up the trip to Petrie's gaff and also mouthed off too much.

He WAS decent. He IS a bawbag.

We CAN do better.

ENDOF

the_ginger_hibee
15-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Would be a good signing in our current spineless line up.

And I'm no joking.

Yours,

GingePower
x

Alan62
15-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Purely in football terms, Mikey Stewart would enhance our squad. If he was available (and willing) and a deal could be done, if I was the manager, I'd do it.

Sauzee07
15-04-2010, 12:14 PM
PLEASE GOD NO:bitchy:

steve75
15-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Only thing I've ever had against him is the colour of his strip. Good honest pro that gets the job done. Would take him, but like others say, we could, and should, be looking for better.

hibee-shtuggie
15-04-2010, 12:35 PM
in short, NO

bandylegs_jLeighton
15-04-2010, 12:58 PM
When Stewart arrived at Easter road I was lead to believe that we had signed a talanted, creative, midfielder with international potential.

Against that background I thought he was pretty gash. In my opinion he didn't offer a single asset that couldn't be matched or bettered by our other midfield options at the time. I wouldn't of had him in the first eleven.

McSwanky
15-04-2010, 12:59 PM
How tall is he?

However tall he is, I didn't know they could stack **** that high..... :greengrin

sauzee1966
15-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Have you been on the beer after the hassle he caused last time....and the fact he bad mouthed us.

Why are some people so desperate to get a Ginger Muppet back:grr:
Please god no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SloopJB
15-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Wayne Sleep could probably toughen up our midfield.

Carrick Hibs
15-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Have you been on the beer after the hassle he caused last time....and the fact he bad mouthed us.

Why are some people so desperate to get a Ginger Muppet back:grr:
Please god no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what trouble did he cause and what did he say to bad mouth us?

Dunbar Hibee
15-04-2010, 03:00 PM
:bitchy: **** that yam fud. The guy is a clown and I for one would not be pleased to see him come back to ER. Thankfully it won't happen!

Westie1875
15-04-2010, 03:10 PM
No

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 03:24 PM
We could do with a player like him, but no.

ForeverHibs93
15-04-2010, 03:38 PM
We could use his fight, but he's and I'd be disappointed if he came back

bighairyfaeleith
15-04-2010, 04:14 PM
NO

CRAZYHIBBY
15-04-2010, 05:13 PM
not after his secret one finger salute in the cup final photo. though to be fair it was absolutely shocking of square heid to drop him for the final then rub his nose in it by not even giving him a subs appearance.

SvenNeil
15-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Would love to see Mickey Stewart back at Hibs, just the midfielder we need IMO, a hard grafting battler who can score goals as well as defend against them :agree:

.Sean.
15-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Would love to see Mickey Stewart back at Hibs, just the midfielder we need IMO, a hard grafting battler who can score goals as well as defend against them :agree:
You'll be crucified for saying that on here mate. Cue numerous responses of ':faf:'

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 05:49 PM

Only penalties though, mind you i suppose we could do with a player that can actually score from the spot.:greengrin

HibbyAndy
15-04-2010, 05:52 PM
No thanks.But a player with his hunger and desire would be the bees knees.

Alex Trager
24-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Yogi's supposedly after the ginge come the summer :dunno:We'll have to wait and see

Betty Boop
24-04-2010, 01:11 PM
not after his secret one finger salute in the cup final photo. though to be fair it was absolutely shocking of square heid to drop him for the final then rub his nose in it by not even giving him a subs appearance.

No need! :bitchy:

3pm
24-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Yogi's supposedly after the ginge come the summer :dunno:We'll have to wait and see

I'd be amazed if it happened.

Alex Trager
24-04-2010, 01:12 PM
I'd be amazed if it happened.
Amazed as in glad or amazed as in the fact he'll have left them them twice for us?

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2010, 01:12 PM

I thought it was one of the best things Collins did as our manager.:top marks

Johnny_Leith
24-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Hilarious that he's branded a bawbag, clown, fud etc. Honestly you couldn't wish to meet a nicer guy. As a player I think we could do with him in the middle with Miller and McBride but I can't see it happening.

Phil D. Rolls
24-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Hilarious that he's branded a bawbag, clown, fud etc. Honestly you couldn't wish to meet a nicer guy. As a player I think we could do with him in the middle with Miller and McBride but I can't see it happening.

From what I've heard (from people who are very close to him), I think you probably could.

Besides, he stirred the sh*t the week before a cup semi-final, which we should have won. Inexcusable.

Westie1875
24-04-2010, 01:23 PM
I thought it was one of the best things Collins did as our manager.:top marks

Me too :agree::greengrin

Billychaotic182
24-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Never!!!!

Dashing Bob S
24-04-2010, 02:03 PM

Agree wholeheartedly. Come home Mikey S.!:wink:

IndieHibby
24-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Not in a month of sundays.

marinello59
24-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Turns in to a headless chicken in the heat of battle.
No, No, No.

keep the faith
24-04-2010, 06:43 PM
He would be a great signing and exactly what we need. Would be surprised if it happened though.

Sumner
24-04-2010, 09:13 PM
no chance.

jae
25-04-2010, 03:06 AM
Amazed as in glad or amazed as in the fact he'll have left them them twice for us?

Has anyone ever done that?

Yams to Hibs back to Yams then Back to Hibs or vice versa

Golden Bear
25-04-2010, 08:29 AM
He's not to be trusted.

I would only ever see him as a yam agent if by the remotest chance he ended up at ER.

I'll never forget his torn face and his almost resentful attitude at the CIS cup Final and the celebrations afterwards.

:bitchy:

Pedantic_Hibee
25-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Michael Stewart is sh*te. Simples.

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Gets sent off too much. A stick on as the player to wind up if you would like the opposition reduced to 10 men.

I for one dont want him back.

But what I do want is a right back, a centre half, two kick ass midfielders and a forward who can hold up the ball.

Oh and a tricky winger.

Nae bother Eh !!

:confused:

Jim44
25-04-2010, 10:13 AM
The guy's mind is all over the place. He was replaced at half time and seen leaving Tynie at ten past four. Not the attitude of a team captain (?) surely. Certainly not the type of attitude we need right now.

Phil D. Rolls
25-04-2010, 10:20 AM
The guy's mind is all over the place. He was replaced at half time and seen leaving Tynie at ten past four. Not the attitude of a team captain (?) surely. Certainly not the type of attitude we need right now.

Actually, I think he's doing a great job at the moment. :greengrin

ScottB
25-04-2010, 10:36 AM
My Hearts supporting mate refers to him as a 'wage thief'

Says it all really! He'll be off to Dundee or something probably.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-04-2010, 10:37 AM

One of my Hearts pals sent me a text at half time yesterday to say that Mikey won't be seen in the shirt again. That was his last chance to get a new contract and seemingly he had a stinker. I think that he has had the rug pulled from him a wee bit now that his deal with Dundee has completely fallen away.

sahib
25-04-2010, 02:13 PM
I like him as a player and would welcome him back to Easter Road - if I ever get off my ass to go back myself.

Aldo
25-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Would take him back in a second. The last 2 derbies he has played him he ran the show and was the best player on the park by a country mile.

He was made scape goat by Collins prior to being binned and was by far our best player during the 6 months leading to Collins appointment.

Stewart would walk into our MF and with him and Miller playing in the middle of the park would give us fight, guile and a lot of desire.

Tin hat at the ready (but you all know I am right).
If Hughes could pull that off I would be delighted.

TheMentalHibees
25-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Have a word.

Aldo
25-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Have a word.

I take it this is directed at me. :wink: You know its true and TBH I dont really care who plays for us and long as when they pull on the jersey they gives us their all. If a player can enhance the team and get us winning games and trophies then who cares???

This is a player I think would enhance our team.

keep the faith
25-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Would take him back in a second. The last 2 derbies he has played him he ran the show and was the best player on the park by a country mile.

He was made scape goat by Collins prior to being binned and was by far our best player during the 6 months leading to Collins appointment.

Stewart would walk into our MF and with him and Miller playing in the middle of the park would give us fight, guile and a lot of desire.

Tin hat at the ready (but you all know I am right).
If Hughes could pull that off I would be delighted.

Yep could have done with him on that pedestrian midfield today. Stewart miller and mcbride would do me.

borstalboy
25-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Miller and McBride would do for me, with two pacey wingers and two forwards!!!

We can all dream eh.........

Ed De Gramo
25-04-2010, 09:26 PM
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no ....

Just NO!

END OF!