PDA

View Full Version : NHC Seafield Last Night

sambajustice
15-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows anything of what happened at a youths football match last night at Seafield playing fields/ Craigentinny golf course?

We were playing on the pitch next to this youths game, no idea what age they were, possibly about U-16 or 17.

I've not got much of an idea what teams they were either although I assume one of them was Lochend. One of them played in red and one played in blue and yellow.

Anyway, there was a huge mob of folk watching the game, especially youngsters, I just thought it was a big game. At half time in that game something happened and this massive mob came charging across the pitch apparently chasing some folk and folk scarpered up onto the golf course and away!

It was a hoot! I thought it was just the youngsters being daft and having a laugh but the ref abandoned the game, and police cars aplenty turned up so apparently it was a bit of real aggro!

I'm just wondering if anyone knows any more or heard about this? Not for any particular reason other than I was on the pitch next to it and wondered WTF was going on!

StevieC
15-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Reminds me of a match at the Gyle pitches back in the 80's, involving a certain Hibs supporters team.

:wink:

Pretty Boy
15-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows anything of what happened at a youths football match last night at Seafield playing fields/ Craigentinny golf course?

We were playing on the pitch next to this youths game, no idea what age they were, possibly about U-16 or 17.

I've not got much of an idea what teams they were either although I assume one of them was Lochend. One of them played in red and one played in blue and yellow.

Anyway, there was a huge mob of folk watching the game, especially youngsters, I just thought it was a big game. At half time in that game something happened and this massive mob came charging across the pitch apparently chasing some folk and folk scarpered up onto the golf course and away!

It was a hoot! I thought it was just the youngsters being daft and having a laugh but the ref abandoned the game, and police cars aplenty turned up so apparently it was a bit of real aggro!

I'm just wondering if anyone knows any more or heard about this? Not for any particular reason other than I was on the pitch next to it and wondered WTF was going on!

No concrete info but given the age bracket more than likely some daft aggro from school/town etc that has got out of hand and resulted in a few boys going down to a football match to have a go at somebody and make a bit of a name for themselves.

I can remeber a fair few year ago now playing in a school game which was abandoned because one of the boys in our team was getting 'over friendly' with a boy at the other schoold girlfriend. I was in goals and had about 20 ball bearings and coins thrown at me, one of our boys was punched in the back of the head whilst taking a throw in and after we went 1-0 up there was a pitch invasion that led to a huge brawl. Seems funny now but at the tme it was pretty scary as there were knives and hammers being pulled out.

Twa Cairpets
15-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Not sure about the Seafield game, but the amateur game on the pitch beside us at Linlithgow last night was a hoot. I've never seen a game with six penalties awarded, including one saved, re-taken, saved again, and then then minutes later the same keeper giving away another one and getting sent off.

Marvellous stuff

Leith Green
15-04-2010, 10:16 AM

Seafield is Lochends home park...

GB6
15-04-2010, 12:06 PM

it was lochend v cavalry park, pretty sure it was u 16's.. i was coaching behind the goals at the far side, not long after the game started a group of about 20 walked past us coming from the mcdonalds side i noticed a few had bricks in their hand and a few also had sticks (a couple looked like they were carrying a tree), then a few minutes later the cavlary side were in the bushes breaking off sticks and all kicked off just before the start of the 2nd half, looked like it moved towards craigentinny school as when we drove past the police were there and a few kids hanging about, the ages etc would imagine it was a portobello v lochend thing

HIBERNIAN 1875
15-04-2010, 02:12 PM
it was lochend v cavalry park, pretty sure it was u 16's.. i was coaching behind the goals at the far side, not long after the game started a group of about 20 walked past us coming from the mcdonalds side i noticed a few had bricks in their hand and a few also had sticks (a couple looked like they were carrying a tree), then a few minutes later the cavlary side were in the bushes breaking off sticks and all kicked off just before the start of the 2nd half, looked like it moved towards craigentinny school as when we drove past the police were there and a few kids hanging about, the ages etc would imagine it was a portobello v lochend thing
No doubt the "YNT" v the "YLS" or something like that, childish stuff. :yawn:

Hibernian Verse
15-04-2010, 02:47 PM
And that is why kids these days have a bad name. Young offenders isn't the right place for them. They'll sit on the dole for the rest of their life and bring the area down with them. Shoot them all.
:agree:

Hibernian Verse
15-04-2010, 02:47 PM
No doubt the "YNT" v the "YLS" or something like that, childish stuff. :yawn:

I think Hibs.net should form the HNT and take them all on :take that

Fantic
15-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Nothing to do with the OP but i fair enjoyed Spartans hammering Dalkeith Thistle last night. I might go up there more often.

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Back just at the end of last year, i was playing for what used to be my team before it folded a couple of months ago, Strollers u16s. We were playing against Inch Colts and their was a lot of tussles and squaring up throughout the match. We were winning 3-2 with a miunute left then an absolute knob i must say, from their team scored a peach of a free-kick. This didn't help the tempo of the match and things over boiled after the final whistle as their whole team went for one of our players, so we all just had to jump in for him as we weren't going to just stand and watch one of our mates get battered by 11+ players so pretty much everyone started fighting, coaches included, thankfully i never got hit, was funny looking at it after but at the time i was a tad worried one of their coaches would try and floor me.:bitchy::boo hoo:

HarpyHibby
15-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Was calvary v lochend u16, dont know more. Ive got calvary 17s on saturday and they are ********s aswell!

.Sean.
15-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Surprised at Calvary getting in bother, when I was at Haddy Ath Cavalry were a stroll and there was no bother from them.

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Surprised at Calvary getting in bother, when I was at Haddy Ath Cavalry were a stroll and there was no bother from them.

We(Strollers) had quite a lot of bother with them last season, maybe they've changed over the last couple of years, just a guess. Or maybe my team was just getting into bother wherever we went.:bitchy:

.Sean.
15-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Under 17s was a battle every week. I left at 18s as Hibs came first on a saturday. I'm pals with the whole Haddy 21s and there is hassle every week it seems.

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Under 17s was a battle every week. I left at 18s as Hibs came first on a saturday. I'm pals with the whole Haddy 21s and there is hassle every week it seems.

Yep my team folded 2 months ago but was planning on quitting at the end of the season anyway cause i couldn't miss the Hibs games on a Saturday. I just thought i was 17s too not 16s.. their was beginning more hassle every game weplayed, their was at least one sending off in our matches about every second week.

PISTOL1875
15-04-2010, 07:51 PM

It was chaos on the golf course.. Out of nowhere , 4 young laddies came running over the 13th green and down towards the Tee.. I was on the 16th tee and then over the hill came around 30 guys who were chasing them.. They were carrying sticks and golf clubs.. 2 guys from the 2 groups then started fighting each other with clubs on the 13th fairway....

sambajustice
15-04-2010, 08:31 PM
It was chaos on the golf course.. Out of nowhere , 4 young laddies came running over the 13th green and down towards the Tee.. I was on the 16th tee and then over the hill came around 30 guys who were chasing them.. They were carrying sticks and golf clubs.. 2 guys from the 2 groups then started fighting each other with clubs on the 13th fairway....

Ha ha ha, thats brilliant! You should've started pinging golf balls at them!!! :faf:

PISTOL1875
15-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Ha ha ha, thats brilliant! You should've started pinging golf balls at them!!! :faf:

NO chance mate.. With my bag on my back , I wouldn't have been able to run away from them quick enough.. They would've caught me and kicked 10 lumps of ***** out of me.. Hahahaha...........

drifter533814
15-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Most of the cavalry park team come from craigmillar, which, by the way is a decent area to live in.

:top marks:cool2::agree:

And if you say otherwise then GIRUY :wink:

The_Horde
15-04-2010, 11:50 PM
NO chance mate.. With my bag on my back , I wouldn't have been able to run away from them quick enough.. They would've caught me and kicked 10 lumps of ***** out of me.. Hahahaha...........

Shoulda chucked the bag in the bushes, pulled out you're least favourite club and got involved. :greengrin

CMac1988
16-04-2010, 01:00 AM
I was up there a few weeks ago, and the pitches were in a right good mess. Didn't help that a good few kids thought it'd be a good idea to smash golf balls back and forth whilst games were on.

Although if there's a bad pitch around then we all know who's really to blame... :devil:

Brizo
16-04-2010, 06:54 AM
Most of the cavalry park team come from craigmillar, which, by the way is a decent area to live in.

:top marks:cool2::agree:

And if you say otherwise then GIRUY :wink:

Very surprised at Calvary :wink: being involved in such incidents. In my experience , albeit many years ago , while never that succesful they were one of the best behaved clubs in the leagues with well disciplined coaches and players across a whole range of age groups. Far better behaved than more high profile clubs like Leith,Edina and Hutchie.

Ans while theres nought wrong with Craigmillar :wink: back in the day (as the young uns say) most of the Calvary players were from more upmarket places like Duddingston and Mountcastle. Dissapointing if standards at Calvary have dropped to the level of some of the ned clubs.

emmjayfox
16-04-2010, 07:49 AM
I remember playing against a paisley side at Ferguslie park, i was running up the wing wi the ball, only to be passed by a nutter on a motorbike who had came onto the pitch. The strangest thing was he was on his own and wasnt even trying to show off to his mates :greengrin

Leith Green
16-04-2010, 07:56 AM
Sounds pretty much like a Leith vs Niddrie scrap then ... To be fair 16/17 is normally the age when such scraps tend to take place ...:greengrin

GB6
16-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Very surprised at Calvary :wink: being involved in such incidents. In my experience , albeit many years ago , while never that succesful they were one of the best behaved clubs in the leagues with well disciplined coaches and players across a whole range of age groups. Far better behaved than more high profile clubs like Leith,Edina and Hutchie.

Ans while theres nought wrong with Craigmillar :wink: back in the day (as the young uns say) most of the Calvary players were from more upmarket places like Duddingston and Mountcastle. Dissapointing if standards at Calvary have dropped to the level of some of the ned clubs.

although im pretty sure the players new about what was going to happen, word getting about school etc, it was the ''fans'' from either side that were fighting

drifter533814
16-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Although to be fair, Duddingston and Mountcastle are just really the posh part of niddrie/craigmiilar.

:wink:

Leith_Hibee
16-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Nothing to do with the OP but i fair enjoyed Spartans hammering Dalkeith Thistle last night. I might go up there more often.

Glad you enjoyed it, we are on fire at the moment and playing Blackburn tomorrow at City Park. Did you see the goal disallowed in the second half? I wish the Hibees could move the ball like that!!

bubblesmorrison
16-04-2010, 04:09 PM
the team i coach played calvary about a month ago and one of the boys told my gk he was going to bite his ear off

Sean1875
16-04-2010, 07:19 PM
the team i coach played calvary about a month ago and one of the boys told my gk he was going to bite his ear off
Tysons had a bit of a fall from grace has he not?

drifter533814
16-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Tysons had a bit of a fall from grace has he not?

:faf:

Fantic
16-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Glad you enjoyed it, we are on fire at the moment and playing Blackburn tomorrow at City Park. Did you see the goal disallowed in the second half? I wish the Hibees could move the ball like that!!

Aye you's were good mate. Some big laddies in both teams and no-one was holding back.Thought the handbags at dawn followed by the 3/4? yellow cards towards the end was hilarious though.