PDA

View Full Version : The Hibs Go Marching 0n - Usher Hall 9th June

big-mo
15-04-2010, 09:39 AM
The Hibs Go Marching On – Usher Hall 9th June 2010

It is twenty years since the Hands off Hibs campaign and to mark this occasion the Hibernian Former Player Association have arranged an event to mark this significant anniversary in the history of our great club.
For some of our younger readers and contributors they may not know a lot about the Hands off Hibs campaign, so I will give a quick aide-mémoire.
Back in 1990, the then Hearts owner Wallace Mercer, attempted a takeover bid for Hibernian Football Club. This was under the guise of merging the two clubs but in reality all he was looking to do was to buy Hibs and put them out of business. In normal business anyone buying over 50% of the shares would then own that company and can do what they want with it, however in our case he needed 75%, at that point in time Mercer owned over 66% of Hibs shares and was busily trying to buy more. When this became public knowledge, a meeting was hastily arranged in the Hibs Supporters Club, the queue to get into the club rooms stretched all the way up Sunnyside and onto Eater Road. Ronnie Ferguson, who was then chairman of the supporters association, spoke to Kenny McLean snr, who was at the meeting and asked him to head up the campaign to fight off this unwelcome and totally unacceptable attack on our beloved club. Kenny was an influential and well known Hibee.

From this initial meeting, the ‘Hands off Hibs’ campaign was launched. This involved a number of events and activities, including a press campaign, a bid to retain or buy any available shares in the club, a protests meeting in the stadium, campaigning at the Hearts AGM and this was all culminated in a rally in the Usher Hall which was packed and where many famous Hibees had their say, including an up and coming group called the Proclaimers. There was also some unexpected support when the likes of John Robertson voiced their opposition for Mercer’s proposal.

As a result of this campaign Mercer had to give up on his ill conceived venture. The rest, as they say, is history.

You many have seen on last night’s STV news or in the press, we are marking this event with another rally in the Usher Hall on the 9th of June. This event will be a celebration of the progress Hibs have made over the last twenty years, with the football club being in a very stable financial situation which is virtually debt free, a stadium which will be the envy of most other clubs and a training facility that is second to none. It will not however be an anti-Mercer or an anti-Hearts event; it will only concentrate on our own great club.

To give more details of the event I have attached an extract of the press release below:

The concert will benefit Alzheimer Scotland and the Hibernian Former Player Association.

A night of Music, Comedy and Football with a distinctly Hibernian flavour!

Featuring: Hibernian FC players of the last 20 years, Big Screen highlights from the past 2 decades, entertainment from a Hibs supporting line up featuring music from The Proclaimers, Fish, The Bum-Clocks and The 10.04’s, comedy from Bill Barcley and Eric Davidson, hosted by Grant Stott.

Tickets on sale from 10am Thursday 15th April.
www.seetickets.com (http://www.seetickets.com) Tickets Scotland Edinburgh Ripping Records
Usher Hall Box Office 0131 228 1155

Tickets £20 & £25

:notworthy:

Toaods
15-04-2010, 10:12 AM
presumably first shout to those of us who were at the first one......:greengrin

erskine-hibby
15-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Is there a video planned for those who can't make it??

big-mo
15-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Is there a video planned for those who can't make it??

The event will be recorded, but I am not sure of the arrangements of making it available as there may be some copyright issues involving the bands and performers.

erskine-hibby
15-04-2010, 10:25 AM
The event will be recorded, but I am not sure of the arrangements of making it available as there may be some copyright issues involving the bands and performers.

I'm sure if the monies made were going to charity there wouldn'd be a problem.

HibeeSince82
15-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Me n my mate got our tickets this morning! Can't wait for it.

Removed
15-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Tickets £20 & £25

:notworthy:

My tickets were £27.50 :confused:

Last Minute
15-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Got my ticket this morning, can't wait :thumbsup:

big-mo
15-04-2010, 01:28 PM
My tickets were £27.50 :confused:
I can only assume a booking fee or you have a seat on the stage!

DarlingtonHibee
15-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Ticket's bought !!

Really looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

HibeeSince82
15-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Mine were £25 ...£2.50 booking fee. Dont mind though coz it goes to a good cause.

Should be a really good night. Can't wait to hear the proclaimers playing sunshine on leith....crowd singing is gonna be so loud :thumbsup:

Removed
15-04-2010, 03:41 PM
I can only assume a booking fee or you have a seat on the stage!

What £2.50 a ticket :confused: :grr:

Email says Full price ticket £27.50. I bought 4 plus transaction fee of £1 - Total £111

H18sry
15-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Hello,
The Proclaimers are confirmed to appear at Hands Off Hibs 20th Anniversary – The Hibs Go Marching On! A benefit concert for Alzheimer Scotland (Lothian Early Onset Support Service) & Hibs Former Players Association at the Usher Hall, Edinburgh on 9th June. A night of Music, Comedy and Football with a distinctly Hibernian flavour featuring Hibernian FC players of last 20 years, Big Screen highlights from the past 2 decades, entertainment from a Hibs supporting line up featuring music from The Proclaimers, Fish, The Bum-Clocks (Tam Dean-Burn) and The 10.04’s, comedy from Bill Barclay and Eric Davidson, host Grant Stott.

Tickets on sale from 10am Thursday 15th April.

www.seetickets.com Tickets Scotland Edinburgh Ripping Records Usher Hall Box Office 0131 228 1155

The evening is a celebration of Hibernian Football Clubs progression since 20 years ago when the club faced extinction. A group of Hibs supporters formed the Hands Off Hibs organisation, which raised support from football fans and personalities across Scotland. Amongst events they organised were rallies of support at Easter Road Stadium and the Usher Hall. Craig and Charlie were actively involved in the events and campaigning to save the club.

After mismanagement during the late 1980s, Hibs were on the brink of financial ruin in 1990. The Hands Off Hibs group’s campaign for the continued existence of the club succeeded when Sir Tom Farmer acquired a controlling interest in Hibs. The fans were able to persuade Sir Tom to take control despite the fact that he had no great interest in football; Sir Tom was persuaded in part by the fact that a relative of his had been involved in the rescue of Hibs from financial ruin in the early 1890s.
:thumbsup:

Jamesie
15-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Anyone able to point me in the direction of whoever is organising this?

Ta

California-Hibs
15-04-2010, 05:08 PM
This sounds like a night not to be missed!!
Thats me and my dad going! :thumbsup: Really looking forward to it!

FranckSuzy
15-04-2010, 05:48 PM
That's me booked too :thumbsup: Anyone else thinking about going had better hurry up and book as by the look of the seating plan on the UH website, there's not many tickets left!

KdyHby
15-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Got 4 tickets from Ripping Records :thumbsup:

Chuckie
15-04-2010, 06:06 PM
I've never been this excited about an event ever I think...
Tears will be shed from those of us old enough to remember it..
Great news to see The 10:04's playing too.. They're Edinburghs finest band at the moment and good Hibees.. Don't miss them..

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2010, 08:40 PM
That's me booked too :thumbsup: Anyone else thinking about going had better hurry up and book as by the look of the seating plan on the UH website, there's not many tickets left!

:agree:
Just had a wee look at the usher hall seating plan, and it looks like this will sell out very soon.:thumbsup:

ronaldo7
15-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Got my 6 tickets today:party:

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Got my 6 tickets today:party:

Got 2 today, Moray and i. If he's not working abroad.:thumbsup: We should all meet up for a wee bevy before ronny, and maybe i will show you my prediction league winners trophy.:wink:

Spike Mandela
15-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Like the first concert which I attended, nice sentiment , ***** line-up!!

ronaldo7
15-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Got 2 today, Moray and i. If he's not working abroad.:thumbsup: We should all meet up for a wee bevy before ronny, and maybe i will show you my prediction league winners trophy.:wink:

:faf::faf: You're in the yams position in the League, and on the way down.

Happy to meet for a bevvy:wink:

Will pm you nearer the time bud.

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2010, 08:58 PM
:faf::faf: You're in the yams position in the League, and on the way down.

Happy to meet for a bevvy:wink:

Will pm you nearer the time bud.

Just like Yogi, i will come good, be afraid, be very afraid.:wink:

big-mo
16-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Anyone able to point me in the direction of whoever is organising this?

Ta

The event is being put together by the Hibernian Former Players Association, of which I am the secretary.
However the detailed organisation of the actual event will be via Hothouse Publicity -
Contact - Fraser Smith Hothouse Publicity 0131 558 3717 / 07801 552285
fraser@hothouse-publicity.com

ronaldo7
17-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Only about 200 tickets left:greengrin

Jamesie
18-04-2010, 05:26 PM
http://hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2432388#post2432388 - for anyone still needing tickets! :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
20-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Ill be there :thumbsup:

monktonharp
20-04-2010, 11:46 PM
my missus informed me that we are booked for the 9th:thumbsup: she told me that there are only single seats left doon the front and upper circle is selling out fast:notworthy:

kirky hibs
21-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Do you think Sauzee will be there:thumbsup:

RIP
21-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Booked :thumbsup:

.Sean.
21-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Cannot wait :greengrin

The 10.04's are a cracking wee band too.

BoozyLynne
21-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Great news to see The 10:04's playing too.. They're Edinburghs finest band at the moment and good Hibees..

Not all of them

*cough*Bolton*cough*

:greengrin

.Sean.
21-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Not all of them

*cough*Bolton*cough*

Any excuse for a chant of ''You Herts Bassa'' eh :greengrin

Oscar Lomax
21-04-2010, 09:45 PM
I think this was the worst ever time for me being a Hibee....We were very nearly taken over by Hearts !!! Celebrate it ? you must be joking. I would rather forget it, lock it away and never think of it again.
Am I the only Hibs fan who thinks like this????....What exactly are we celebrating???? Mercer's failed bid?? No thanks. I think its ridiculous.

RIP
21-04-2010, 09:48 PM
I think this was the worst ever time for me being a Hibee....We were very nearly taken over by Hearts !!! Celebrate it ? you must be joking. I would rather forget it, lock it away and never think of it again.
Am I the only Hibs fan who thinks like this????....What exactly are we celebrating???? Mercer's failed bid?? No thanks. I think its ridiculous.

Whoooshh!!:greengrin

Removed
21-04-2010, 09:49 PM

Just looked at your location...............you've been there waaaaaaaaaaaaay to long.

Miserable bassas :greengrin

Will be worth it for Glory Glory by the Proclaimers :thumbsup:

.Sean.
21-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Can't we celebrate the phenomenal efforts of the thousands of fans who got behind the Hands Off Hibs campaign and worked tirelessly to ensure our great club wouldn't be consigned to the history books?

Oscar Lomax
21-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Can't we celebrate the phenomenal efforts of the thousands of fans who got behind the Hands Off Hibs campaign and worked tirelessly to ensure our great club wouldn't be consigned to the history books?

Sorry mate....you guys can....Id rather consign it to the history books and count myself lucky Im not without a Scottish team to support.

Jay
22-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Sorry mate....you guys can....Id rather consign it to the history books and count myself lucky Im not without a Scottish team to support.

If you read what the OP is saying it is a celebration of what the club has achieved in the 20 years since the Hands of Hibs Campaign, a celebration of what would never have been.

Biff Tannen
23-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Not all of them

*cough*Bolton*cough*

Na not at all. He only has an English team:agree:

I'm wearing my Hibs top behind the kit...gonna be an immense feeling of 3000 folk cheering i cant wait...3000 hibbys anaw i couldnae think of anything better!!BRING IT!! If anyone wants a listen to our tunes before the event so you can sing along our myspace is www.myspace.com/the1004s (http://www.myspace.com/the1004s) also here's 2 video links.

YouTube - The 10 04's - About Tonight. HaddowFest 28 03 10.MP4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxFvEAA1kF8)

YouTube - The 1004s - Bad Grammer LIVE @ The Mill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvMvKh2oM1M&feature=PlayList&p=C8640EE0E6BE7FB1&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=32)

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:notworthy:

.Sean.
23-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Na not at all. He only has an English team:agree:

I'm wearing my Hibs top behind the kit...gonna be an immense feeling of 3000 folk cheering i cant wait...3000 hibbys anaw i couldnae think of anything better!!BRING IT!! If anyone wants a listen to our tunes before the event so you can sing along our myspace is www.myspace.com/the1004s (http://www.myspace.com/the1004s) also here's 2 video links.

YouTube - The 10 04's - About Tonight. HaddowFest 28 03 10.MP4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxFvEAA1kF8)

YouTube - The 1004s - Bad Grammer LIVE @ The Mill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvMvKh2oM1M&feature=PlayList&p=C8640EE0E6BE7FB1&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=32)

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:notworthy:
Good luck mate. Tidy wee band :aok:

Get a gig organised at the Haddy Corn Exchange? Proclaimers have played there too :greengrin

Biff Tannen
23-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Good luck mate. Tidy wee band :aok:

Get a gig organised at the Haddy Corn Exchange? Proclaimers have played there too :greengrin

Cheers bud our tunes are alright anaw:wink:No got big enough fan base in Haddington to play there maybe one day mate!!

Playing The Voodoo Rooms tonight if you fancy, on the back of 9.

FranckSuzy
23-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Got my tickets today :thumbsup: :scarf::party::drunk:

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Cheers bud our tunes are alright anaw:wink:No got big enough fan base in Haddington to play there maybe one day mate!!

Playing The Voodoo Rooms tonight if you fancy, on the back of 9.

Is the name of the guest singer in this videoYouTube - Steven Bolton + Danny Scrimshaw 31.7.09 - If you got the money (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsLYqSh7deU&feature=related) Danny Marsh? Is he a Celtic fan that lives/lived in Cleekim?

Biff Tannen
24-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Is the name of the guest singer in this videoYouTube - Steven Bolton + Danny Scrimshaw 31.7.09 - If you got the money (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsLYqSh7deU&feature=related) Danny Marsh? Is he a Celtic fan that lives/lived in Cleekim?

Haha!!! naw thats no the Danny Marsh your thinking of mate

HibeeSince82
17-05-2010, 06:54 AM
What's everyone wearing to the gig? Ie will you be goin in ur hibs top?

California-Hibs
22-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Does anyone know if there are still tickets left for this??

FranckSuzy
22-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Does anyone know if there are still tickets left for this??

You could always check the Usher Hall's site? :grr: Joking :greengrin Just had a quick look and there's about 7 seats left, only 3 are together and the rest are all single seats. aThey are all £22.50. Good luck :thumbsup:

Calvin
28-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Has anyone received their tickets to this yet?

Removed
28-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Has anyone received their tickets to this yet?

:agree: Got mine weeks ago. Who did you book with?

Calvin
28-05-2010, 11:35 PM
:agree: Got mine weeks ago. Who did you book with?

Hmm. Got mine from Seetickets. Got an email 2 weeks ago apologising for the delay in dispatching them. Will give it until their suggested 5 days before the even to contact them.

Removed
28-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Hmm. Got mine from Seetickets. Got an email 2 weeks ago apologising for the delay in dispatching them. Will give it until their suggested 5 days before the even to contact them.

I booked directly with the Usher hall. Robbing barstewards with their booking fees though :bitchy:

DarlingtonHibee
29-05-2010, 06:38 AM

Yep, seetickets for me as well.

Got the email, they are usually pretty reliable, so no panic yet :thumbsup:

7Hero
29-05-2010, 07:01 AM
£27.50 a ticket, why so expensive ??

Barney McGrew
29-05-2010, 07:08 AM

I've used seetickets loads of times before with no problems. They wait until late on to send the tickets out to try and cut down on them ending up in the hands of touts.

Not that I would imagine there will be a big black market in tickets for this :greengrin

big-mo
04-06-2010, 04:10 PM
I have just been informed that 100 extra tickets have just been released and are available directly from the Usher Hall. These were tickets held back for guests etc so should be good seats and will allow anyone wanting to buy two or more to sit together.

Come on, lets make it a total sell-out. A great night is garanteed.

DarlingtonHibee
04-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Yep, seetickets for me as well.

Got the email, they are usually pretty reliable, so no panic yet :thumbsup:

Tickets arrived today from seeticket's :thumbsup::thumbsup:

greenlex
04-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Tickets arrived today from seeticket's :thumbsup::thumbsup:
:agree::woohoo: