PDA

View Full Version : NHC Dundee United

KWJ
15-04-2010, 01:52 AM
Well done to them.

They've continued to improve for the past few years and they now pose a threat to both halves of the Old Firm and are more than likely going to finish around our best SPL points total of 66 in 00/01.

After a very small slump in the Levein to Houston transition they've picked themselves up and ploughed on. If they continue to improve Rangers & Celtic could be in a 3 way battle next season although I think the loss of Webster to Rangers next year may be too big a hurdle as he really seems to be key to them.

Thank the big man for Mad Vlad resulting in the pair of them leaving the Jambos!

Aye, so well done to the team formally known as Dundee Hibernian, good effort.

I just wish it could be us.

AgentDaleCooper
15-04-2010, 08:01 AM
seconded. really wish it was us, thought it was going to be at the start of the season, but naw...

given that we're out the picture, i really hope they come second - it would be good for our game, and if it's good for our game it's good for hibs. a shaken up old firm would be easier to catch in the future.

they have to be commended for the hard graft they've put in to getting where they are.

good luck, dundee utd.

Andy74
15-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Well done to them.

They've continued to improve for the past few years and they now pose a threat to both halves of the Old Firm and are more than likely going to finish around our best SPL points total of 66 in 00/01.

After a very small slump in the Levein to Houston transition they've picked themselves up and ploughed on. If they continue to improve Rangers & Celtic could be in a 3 way battle next season although I think the loss of Webster to Rangers next year may be too big a hurdle as he really seems to be key to them.

Thank the big man for Mad Vlad resulting in the pair of them leaving the Jambos!

Aye, so well done to the team formally known as Dundee Hibernian, good effort.

I just wish it could be us.

It might help a few pwople concerned with our current position to check their league positions since Levein came in and Houston susequently carrying it on.

We should also recall that our team when not troubled by injuries, suspensions or bad pitches gave them a seeing to without actually winning the egame at ER for some reason!

A little bit of time to add to the squad and we'll soon be competing for longer.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2010, 08:23 AM
seconded. really wish it was us, thought it was going to be at the start of the season, but naw...

given that we're out the picture, i really hope they come second - it would be good for our game, and if it's good for our game it's good for hibs. a shaken up old firm would be easier to catch in the future.

they have to be commended for the hard graft they've put in to getting where they are.

good luck, dundee utd.

are you aware that dundee utd coming 2nd in the league could mean 5th place in the SPL not getting in to europe (afaik)? dont think that would be very good for us :rolleyes:

AgentDaleCooper
15-04-2010, 08:36 AM
are you aware that dundee utd coming 2nd in the league could mean 5th place in the SPL not getting in to europe (afaik)? dont think that would be very good for us :rolleyes:

fair enough, forgot about that...what i said still stands if we come 4th though:wink:

Cocaine&Caviar
15-04-2010, 02:51 PM
As previously mentioned, they will be without Webster next year, and also Wilkie, and Dods will be 35. Leaving them really with only Kenneth, which is very weak IMO, especially considering 12 months earlier they were arguably the strongest in the league in the centre back position.

However, they will have Sandaza fit from the beginning of the season, and along with Daly, Cadamerteri, and Goodwillie, have great depth up front.

Dunbar Hibee
15-04-2010, 02:56 PM
As previously mentioned, they will be without Webster next year, and also Wilkie, and Dods will be 35. Leaving them really with only Kenneth, which is very weak IMO, especially considering 12 months earlier they were arguably the strongest in the league in the centre back position.

However, they will have Sandaza fit from the beginning of the season, and along with Daly, Cadamerteri, and Goodwillie, have great depth up front.

Kenneth weak? I disagree think he is a very strong player and stood out for me last night against the Huns.:agree:

Del Boy
15-04-2010, 03:04 PM
think Kenneth is a very good centre half, but they will need someone to play alongside him next season. They wont get anyone as good a s Webster.

ekhibee
15-04-2010, 03:39 PM
There's a guy at my work who is a Dundee Utd fan and he's a complete tosser, but that doesn't stop me from thinking that they're a good side who have proved themselves fairly consistently against the OF(apart from the one gubbing from Rangers). They play some great stuff at times, they've got a cracking midfield who I rate really highly, but they're also a very well organized team. If they can hang on to most of their players next season they'll probably be just as formidible. Still, it'd be great if we were able to get Danny Swanson, unlikely as that may be.

number9dream
15-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Watched their 0-0 with Rangers last night - pretty dull stuff but they are athletic and very well organised - despite making six changes. Yogi take note, these are things that are down to good coaching...

resident_Arab
15-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Think 2nd has always been a bit out of reach, we'd have needed to win 4-5 of our last 6 games to even have a wee chance of catching Celtic, was never going to happen.

Our fans will be more than happy if we secure 3rd after the disappointments of the previous 2 seasons(notice im not 100% convinced we have secured it because of the last 2 years:bitchy:)

Then the bonus of course is the cup final where again most of our fans arent taking anything for granted, these are the type of situations we have messed up in the past(St Mirren 87,Motherwell 91 etc), like you we have had more than our share of final heartache even just 2 years ago in the league cup final, the pressure is on us this time and RC are no mugs.

As for next season, depends who we bring in to parner Kenneth and if we can keep most of the team together, i;d be content with battling it out for the euro places again, the pre-Levein days still very fresh in the mind, appreciate what we have at the moment and am fully aware it might not last.

matty_f
15-04-2010, 06:45 PM
It might help a few pwople concerned with our current position to check their league positions since Levein came in and Houston susequently carrying it on.

We should also recall that our team when not troubled by injuries, suspensions or bad pitches gave them a seeing to without actually winning the egame at ER for some reason!

A little bit of time to add to the squad and we'll soon be competing for longer.

:agree:

Levein finished 9th in his first season there (he joined in October), then had consecutive 5th place finishes whilst he gradually improved the team to the point where it's at today.

And you're right about the first game at Easter Road this season against them, we were by far the better side for about 70 minutes of that match.

Cocaine&Caviar
16-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Kenneth weak? I disagree think he is a very strong player and stood out for me last night against the Huns.:agree:

I meant weak in terms of depth, Kenneth has had a really good season, as shown by his international call up; but one good centre back isnt good enough to be competetive in the top of the SPL, whereas if we lose Bamba, I'd still be more than happy with a Hanlon and Hogg combination.

Del Boy
16-04-2010, 07:26 PM
I meant weak in terms of depth, Kenneth has had a really good season, as shown by his international call up; but one good centre back isnt good enough to be competetive in the top of the SPL, whereas if we lose Bamba, I'd still be more than happy with a Hanlon and Hogg combination.

I'd be crapping myself! hanlon's no bad I suppose, but FFS Hogg is utter utter crap!!!!