PDA

View Full Version : benji

Luna_Asylum
14-04-2010, 07:01 PM
why is he almost universally hated

the cretin who writes fan zone in the scotsman singled him out for his 21 mins v hamilton

hibsbollah
14-04-2010, 07:02 PM
I love the guy.
Benji rules:thumbsup:

.Sean.
14-04-2010, 07:16 PM
I love the guy.
Plus one...

Even though he misses penalties, is always injured, rarely tries, is using us as a steppin stone to Real Madrid etc etc :devil:

Sumner
14-04-2010, 07:16 PM
no doubt he has talent, but uses it sparingly.

DH1875
14-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Is he still going to Madrid :faf:.

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Is he still going to Madrid :faf:.

Well he was supposed to score 25 goals the season he said that, unfortunately he was 24 short of that.:faf:

An Leargaidh
15-04-2010, 01:41 AM
I love the guy.

Plus two... :thumbsup:

What will they call him in Madrid though?

Seņor Benhee? :faf:

ForeverHibs93
15-04-2010, 01:55 AM
Benji's class on his day, he's got that spark that we sadly lack at times

brydekirk
15-04-2010, 06:05 AM
not consistant enough IMO. p@sh poor penalty anaw.

PeterboroHibee
15-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Not a fan of him tbh, loads of ability but just too ready to throw a strop, or go hiding. Also seems to me like he tried everything he could to not come back to Hibs, so quite happy to see him go when he does.

Andy74
15-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Everyone seems to mention lack of effort, strops, going hiding, and all that when in fact I've never seen Benji do anyhting of the sort. Total myth. He always seems very up for it in the short chances he gets.

There's plenty other players who play week in and week out who show far less of a positive atitude that Benji. It's just a mystery to me whay we need to present our pwn players in this way when it's a load of baws.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Everyone seems to mention lack of effort, strops, going hiding, and all that when in fact I've never seen Benji do anyhting of the sort. Total myth. He always seems very up for it in the short chances he gets.

There's plenty other players who play week in and week out who show far less of a positive atitude that Benji. It's just a mystery to me whay we need to present our pwn players in this way when it's a load of baws.

It's a strange one for me. Whe he comes on as a sub or gets a start for the first time in a while i see the Benji you see.

However if he gets a wee run in the team i see the laziness creeping in.

Don't particularly dislike Benji but i think it's a wage which could be used more wisely elsewhere.

munchar
15-04-2010, 10:52 AM

:top marks Benjis first touch and hold up play is far superior than Nishs. Imo, he has done well when he has had the little chances he has had. Ok, he tried to generate a move away, but he is here now, and anyone who has a Hibs jersey on should be supported. Im sure if he was given a run in the team he would be one of our top players. I would keep him and play him. He is quality. Others try hard, but dont have the ability. Im sure he will be a success if he moves on.

(((Fergus)))
15-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Not a fan of him tbh, loads of ability but just too ready to throw a strop, or go hiding. Also seems to me like he tried everything he could to not come back to Hibs, so quite happy to see him go when he does.

He didn't want to play for the puffin eater and I don't blame him.

--------
15-04-2010, 01:38 PM

Yup. It's a bit difficult to be consistent when you hardly get a game.

Whenever I've seen him come on, he's been an improvement on whoever he's replaced (Nish, Stokes, Deek, to name but three).

So you can add me to the Benji Fan Club, too.

Luna_Asylum
15-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Yup. It's a bit difficult to be consistent when you hardly get a game.

Whenever I've seen him come on, he's been an improvement on whoever he's replaced (Nish, Stokes, Deek, to name but three).

So you can add me to the Benji Fan Club, too.

thanks for those supporting benji

HibbyAndy
15-04-2010, 08:11 PM
See the thing is here..Benji has mare talent on his left pinkie than half the hibs team. He really does , But his application, desire, will, want, you name it, Doesnt make sense.

Nish IMO hasnt got it, he's a tryer but simply not good enough, Benji has it, But we just dont see it to often..What a waste of a career if he never fullfills that potential.

Just my opinion Guys.

greenlex
15-04-2010, 08:11 PM
He didn't want to play for the puffin eater and I don't blame him.
Poor mate. Just poor. He was hopeless as a manager but deserves better than that IMO.

Luna_Asylum
15-04-2010, 08:17 PM
See the thing is here..Benji has mare talent on his left pinkie than half the hibs team. He really does , But his application, desire, will, want, you name it, Doesnt make sense.

Nish IMO hasnt got it, he's a tryer but simply not good enough, Benji has it, But we just dont see it to often..What a waste of a career if he never fullfills that potential.

Just my opinion Guys.

how can he show it when he never gets a start - only gets on when we are getting beat?

Andy74
15-04-2010, 08:20 PM

Just my opinion Guys.
I'd love to know what you base the opinion of his attitude on?

woody47
15-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Always liked Benji. Has more skill than most of the playes on the park.
Whilst I know he can give more, it must be soul destroying sitting on the bench and watching some of the dross we have on the park at times. I just wonder what he does or doesn't do at training to have someone like Nish getting the nod ahead of him.
If Benji was to really knuckle down and give 100% each week,I for one reckon he could play at the top. Loads of skill. Great at holding up play.
And can turn a player with ease. Just needs to get that chance and keep his head up each week.

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2010, 08:22 PM
I don't think he helps himself with his attitude. I was in Sainsbury's at Meadowbank a couple of years ago and he and Zemmama were in front of me in the queue, anyway Zooma was a pleasant enough chap, but Benjii.....

......oh, I better not say. :cool2:

Luna_Asylum
15-04-2010, 08:24 PM
I don't think he helps himself with his attitude. I was in Sainsbury's at Meadowbank a couple of years ago and he and Zemmama were in front of me in the queue, anyway Zooma was a pleasant enough chap, but Benjii.....

i know to get to 14000 posts you have to contribute crap but what does it mean please

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 08:27 PM
i know to get to 14000 posts you have to contribute crap but what does it mean please

It means he has the wrong attitude off the pitch, likewise on the pitch aswell.

HibbyAndy
15-04-2010, 08:27 PM
I'd love to know what you base the opinion of his attitude on?

For me Andy sometimes he doesnt look atall interested, That cupfinal when he won it for us showed everyone that he has what it takes to be a great player, I just feel that sometimes his body language is all wrong.

I agree with you tho..Theres those that single out Benji when Hibs as a team play crap..He gets mega flak that isnt justified, I just feel Benji's head over the last 2 seasons has been turned.with going out on loan etc, A fully fit and clear headed Benji would go right into my starting 11.

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2010, 08:28 PM

It's a wee in joke on the board just now. You post hinting that you know something, but then add that you can't actually say what it is.

The honest truth was Benjii looked a right grumpy wee get, scowling and frowning. Totally judgemental, I know, but IMO he looked like a nasty piece of work.

Luna_Asylum
15-04-2010, 08:34 PM
It's a wee in joke on the board just now. You post hinting that you know something, but then add that you can't actually say what it is.

The honest truth was Benjii looked a right grumpy wee get, scowling and frowning. Totally judgemental, I know, but IMO he looked like a nasty piece of work.

thanks for clearing that up
its seems his general persona it well kind of misunderstood
if he was serving up kebabs or driving a bus i guess he would be more loved
sad +pathetic

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2010, 08:59 PM
thanks for clearing that up
its seems his general persona it well kind of misunderstood
if he was serving up kebabs or driving a bus i guess he would be more loved
sad +pathetic

Could you clear that one up for me please?

Luna_Asylum
15-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Could you clear that one up for me please?

its just a another wee joke on the board

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2010, 09:17 PM
its just a another wee joke on the board

Got you. :thumbsup:

Vini1875
15-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Benji's class on his day, he's got that spark that we sadly lack at times

Class on his day, you mean he was class one day. If Benji has a day it mustn't be like his birthday, because you get one of those a year and for the time he has been at Hibs I can't recall getting anything like one good game a year out of him.

Luna_Asylum
15-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Got you. :thumbsup:

ok here is one that's not a joke

dmcc is just as bad if not worse than dvz

fact end of etc bla de bla

Luna_Asylum
15-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Class on his day, you mean he was class one day. If Benji has a day it mustn't be like his birthday, because you get one of those a year and for the time he has been at Hibs I can't recall getting anything like one good game a year out of him.

and how can you get a good game out of someone who doesn't get a game

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 09:32 PM
ok here is one that's not a joke

dmcc is just as bad if not worse than dvz

fact end of etc bla de bla

No way, no one is equally as bad as DVZ.:wink:

millarco
15-04-2010, 09:40 PM
It's a shame IMO that he hasn't been given much of a run in the team. He's looked pretty enthusiastic and dangerous when he gets his 10 minute runs recently, standing out because he can actually control a ball and pick a pass. For me he possesses the kind of qualities that Hughes was critical of Stokes for lacking; dropping off and being able to bring others into the game. Think Stokes and Benji as a partnership would be worth trying.

ForeverHibs93
15-04-2010, 09:42 PM
He never gets the chance to show what he can do he rarely ever starts a game:confused:

hibsbollah
15-04-2010, 09:44 PM

He got the last of the gorgonzola that you were eyeing up...OK admit it:rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
16-04-2010, 08:31 AM
He got the last of the gorgonzola that you were eyeing up...OK admit it:rolleyes:

Doesn't make him a bad player though. Just a not very nice person.:dummytit:

weonlywon6-2
16-04-2010, 05:04 PM
why is he almost universally hated

the cretin who writes fan zone in the scotsman singled him out for his 21 mins v hamilton

how can we hate a guy that scored two cracking goals in a cup final for us ?

CRAZYHIBBY
16-04-2010, 05:49 PM
hes turned into Nade with his sheer goal scoring prowess

Luna_Asylum
16-04-2010, 08:52 PM
hes turned into Nade with his sheer goal scoring prowess

how can he score from the bench?
what has nade got to do with it?