PDA

View Full Version : would yogi benefit with experience

andyhibs
14-04-2010, 06:58 PM
what i am saying is, would yogi do a better job if he had an experienced man alongside him, dare i say craig brown , alex smith, tommy craig etc or would yogi feel he doesnt need someone along those lines, thoughts

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 07:00 PM
what i am saying is, would yogi do a better job if he had an experienced man alongside him, dare i say craig brown , alex smith, tommy craig etc or would yogi feel he doesnt need someone along those lines, thoughts

I doubt Craig Brown would leave Motherwell to be assistant to Hughes, the other way around wouldn't be as bad.:wink:

Jack
14-04-2010, 07:19 PM
I think the best person to answer that would be Brian Rice!
I actually thought it would work for JC and Mixu. I dont think it would work for Yogi on a normal basis but I'd like to think he will give a few of his more experienced pals at least a ring when we're in Europe.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-04-2010, 08:47 PM
The man that sits behind the desk in the Manager's office at Easter Road has to be big enough to take the job on. This club should not really be part of someone's learning curve to another job.:grr:

Bayern Bru
14-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Aye, what's Davie Hay up to these days? We could sit him up in the West Stand wi' a tartan rug and a mobile phone. :greengrin

--------
14-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Craig Brown wouldn't leave Motherwell.

Alex Smith is IMO past it - I never had a particularly high opinion of him anyway.

Tommy Craig's an utter, complete numpty. Couldn't run a tap.

If we parted ways with Yogi and then decided we needed an old head to steady things the only old head I'd entertain would be Alex Miller's. ot as a long-term appointment, but as a means of steadying things up and preparing for the next guy, I'd expect Alex to do a decent job.

TBF, I'd expect the same from Craig Brown. But appointing someone like that now, over Yogi's head? Just as well sack the man and be done with it.

Vini1875
15-04-2010, 12:31 AM
No, at least none of the old dinosaurs that hang around Scottish football.

erskine-hibby
15-04-2010, 06:33 AM
Maybe we could farm him out on loan:greengrin

Oscar Lomax
15-04-2010, 07:01 AM
Craig Brown wouldn't leave Motherwell.

Alex Smith is IMO past it - I never had a particularly high opinion of him anyway.

Tommy Craig's an utter, complete numpty. Couldn't run a tap.

If we parted ways with Yogi and then decided we needed an old head to steady things the only old head I'd entertain would be Alex Miller's. ot as a long-term appointment, but as a means of steadying things up and preparing for the next guy, I'd expect Alex to do a decent job.

TBF, I'd expect the same from Craig Brown. But appointing someone like that now, over Yogi's head? Just as well sack the man and be done with it.

:agree:

Andy74
15-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Am I missing something? I could have sworn Yogi had a few years at Falkirk. Maybe not.

Ritchie
15-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Bring back jocky scott!!

Wha's in cherge here???

Ritchie
15-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Am I missing something? I could have sworn Yogi had a few years at Falkirk. Maybe not.

your right.... and it shows.........

Peevemor
15-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Bring back jocky scott!!

Wha's in cherge here???

The jet pack would certainly outdo Duff Jimmy's helicopter.

Teckle! :thumbsup:

Ritchie
15-04-2010, 12:06 PM
The jet pack would certainly outdo Duff Jimmy's helicopter.

Teckle! :thumbsup:

that wee goodwillie would never dare score at ER again!! :agree:

Andy74
15-04-2010, 03:16 PM
your right.... and it shows.........

And, as Yogi claims himself, the most succesful manager in their history:

"most successful manager in the club's history; got them in the SPL, kept them there; won the Challenge Cup; produced many a young player; Scottish Cup final; two CIS Cup finals; Europe,"

Not bad with a team who took over in the first division.

He's also spent the majority of his first year at Hibs in 3rd and now 4th place.

weonlywon6-2
15-04-2010, 03:42 PM

yogi is a big enough for the role on his own:agree:

ScottB
15-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Yogi has been a manager for 5 years. Can we stop this idea that he is some novice like JC or Mowbray was?

He is more than experienced enough to be able to correct basic mistakes. If he still can't it raises big questions for me.

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 04:32 PM

"most successful manager in the club's history; got them in the SPL, kept them there; won the Challenge Cup; produced many a young player; Scottish Cup final; two CIS Cup finals; Europe,"

He's also spent the majority of his first year at Hibs in 3rd and now 4th place.

He pretty much got then promoted twice, but the first time round they wouldn't allowed it cause their stadium wasn't big enough, he achieved a fair bit at Falkirk.

andyhibs
15-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Yogi has been a manager for 5 years. Can we stop this idea that he is some novice like JC or Mowbray was?

He is more than experienced enough to be able to correct basic mistakes. If he still can't it raises big questions for me.
the point i am trying to make is , would yogi do better with someone vastly more experienced with him, the names mentioned on the op was just examples:wink:

matty_f
15-04-2010, 05:14 PM

He pretty much got then promoted twice, but the first time round they wouldn't allowed it cause their stadium wasn't big enough, he achieved a fair bit at Falkirk.

Sssh boys, dinnae let facts get in the way of things!

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 05:44 PM

... but we've forgot about that now cause it's all went downslope this year.:wink:

Andy74
15-04-2010, 05:47 PM
... but we've forgot about that now cause it's all went downslope this year.:wink:

Well mid february really. Clearly doesn't know what he's doing going by his past record!

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Well mid february really. Clearly doesn't know what he's doing going by his past record!

Since half-time at Ibrox in February, things haven't really went to plan.
Ofcourse.:agree:

andyhibs
15-04-2010, 06:53 PM
jeez folks , i have made a suggestion re an experienced man to help , or at least pass on experience to yogi , to help his and our club forward, in all the times i have followed hibs, i have had more ups and downs than paris hilton(sorry dont have a link)

matty_f
15-04-2010, 06:55 PM
jeez folks , i have made a suggestion re an experienced man to help , or at least pass on experience to yogi , to help his and our club forward, in all the times i have followed hibs, i have had more ups and downs than paris hilton(sorry dont have a link)

:faf: :thumbsup:

Gala Foxes
15-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Tommy Craig - have a word !!

Alan O'Brien - I rest my case

andyhibs
15-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Tommy Craig - have a word !!

Alan O'Brien - I rest my case
tommy craig -cis cup , I rest my case

weonlywon6-2
15-04-2010, 07:28 PM

Know what you are saying but not tommy craig.

craig brown,archie knox type would suit but doubt it will happen

:cool2:

Gala Foxes
15-04-2010, 07:36 PM

Mowbray got us past Hearts in the CIS Qtr Final

HibbyAndy
15-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Mowbray got us past Hearts in the CIS Qtr Final

No he didnt.

John Colllins did.

Being a Galashiels man i thought you woulda known that :wink:

Gala Foxes
15-04-2010, 08:24 PM
No he didnt.

John Colllins did.

Being a Galashiels man i thought you woulda known that :wink:

fairplay Andy - I was a week and a day out, memory must be going as I get older

not a Gala man though - exiled Edinburgh West

cheers

crash
15-04-2010, 08:28 PM

Facts? Two CIS Cup Finals?:confused:

Andy74
15-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Facts? Two CIS Cup Finals?:confused:

That was a quote but I presume it should have been semi finals!

IWasThere2016
15-04-2010, 11:03 PM

He didnae actually win anything of note though :wink: unlike JC did in the fraction of the time :wink:

I'm no interested in what Yogi has or hasnae done elsewhere - I want to see him turn us around.

The fact is the current form is unacceptable.

We cannot finish this season with the next 5 games being poor performances/defeats.

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 11:08 PM
He didnae actually win anything of note though :wink: unlike JC did in the fraction of the time :wink:

I'm no interested in what Yogi has or hasnae done elsewhere - I want to see him turn us around.

We cannot finish this season with the next 5 games being poor performances/defeats.

I think the reason for Collins winning us a Cup so quickly was partly down to the fact that he done it with what was mainly Mowbray's team.

matty_f
15-04-2010, 11:12 PM

:blah::blah::blah:

Is Yogi going to be able to pull a super-duper squad from somewhere for the next 5 games like?

Andy74
16-04-2010, 08:42 AM

After JC's initial good run, where did we end up? What was our form like after the cup final and then into the next season?