PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Tonight's Other Games

HibbyAndy
14-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Lots of decent games with meanings to them, Lets hope there's goals galore :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Lots of decent games with meanings to them, Lets hope there's goals galore :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cmon Dundee.Utd, Huns, Spurs, Arsenal, Villa and Everton.. let's make sure yous all make it tight matches.:greengrin

HibbyAndy
14-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Cmon Dundee.Utd, Huns, Spurs, Arsenal, Villa and Everton.. let's make sure yous all make it tight matches.:greengrin

:greengrin

Akin see every team you mentioned there scoring tonight:agree:

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 06:35 PM
:greengrin

Akin see every team you mentioned there scoring tonight:agree:

So can i, unfortunately, i'd be happy enough with 3 boring 0-0 draws.:agree:

Sylar
14-04-2010, 07:01 PM
What a f***ing snore-fest the United vs Rangers game is...:yawn:

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 07:03 PM
What a f***ing snore-fest the United vs Rangers game is...:yawn:

Decent shot by Kenneth there though.

When you watch Rangers 'the Champions' that's when you realise how dreadful the SPL actually is.

Sir David Gray
14-04-2010, 07:04 PM
I hope Rangers win tonight, if they win their next two matches (against Dundee Utd and Hearts) then they'll win the league at home to Hearts at the weekend.

But if they slip up in one of those matches and Celtic beat us, then they will win the league at Easter Road if they beat us.

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 07:06 PM
I hope Rangers win tonight, if they win their next two matches (against Dundee Utd and Hearts) then they'll win the league at home to Hearts at the weekend.

But if they slip up in one of those matches and Celtic beat us, then they will win the league at Easter Road if they beat us.

What if Rangers draw tonight beat Hearts on Sunday and we somehow beat Celtic.. would they have won the league then?

Sylar
14-04-2010, 07:07 PM

Likewise - for once I can cheer on Maurice Edu without feeling dirty about it.

As an aside, don't tell me you're watching the Arabs vs Rangers instead of the "Greatest League in the World" fixture between Spurs and the Gunners :wink: ...certainly, the contrast to the SPL is marked!

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 07:10 PM
1-0 Everton Tim Cahill.

Sylar
14-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Tottenham 1-0 Arsenal - Rose

Contender for goal of the season - wonder-strike!

hibsbollah
14-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Tottenham 1-0 Arsenal - Rose

Contender for goal of the season - wonder-strike!

Belter:top marks

I hope big Sol equalises and makes an 'inappropriate gesture' to the home fans:devil:

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 07:14 PM
1-0 Spurs Rose possibly goal of the season.:top marks

Sir David Gray
14-04-2010, 07:15 PM
What if Rangers draw tonight beat Hearts on Sunday and we somehow beat Celtic.. would they have won the league then?

Yes.

The easy explanation is that if Celtic win their remaining five games, Rangers only need six points in order to win the league.

If your scenario happens, then it will be;

Rangers
P-34
PTS-80

Celtic
P-34
PTS-66

Rangers would be 14 points clear with 12 points to play for.

AugustaHibs
14-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Take a boo son!:top marks

seanraff07
Yes.

The easy explanation is that if Celtic win their remaining five games, Rangers only need six points in order to win the league.

If your scenario happens, then it will be;

Rangers
P-34
PTS-80

Celtic
P-34
PTS-66

Rangers would be 14 points clear with 12 points to play for.

Ok cheers, i'm hoping that's how it plans out then.

Sir David Gray
Likewise - for once I can cheer on Maurice Edu without feeling dirty about it.

As an aside, don't tell me you're watching the Arabs vs Rangers instead of the "Greatest League in the World" fixture between Spurs and the Gunners :wink: ...certainly, the contrast to the SPL is marked!

It's a funny thing.

I think the Premiership is the best league in the world but I generally will watch an SPL match over any other game.

PS-I'm watching the Spurs game now, although to be fair it's not my decision. :wink:

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Take a boo son!:top marks

Nah, i really think he couldve done better if he hit it in the top corner and not up the middle.:grr::bitchy:

Sylar
14-04-2010, 07:29 PM
It's a funny thing.

I think the Premiership is the best league in the world but I generally will watch an SPL match over any other game.

PS-I'm watching the Spurs game now, although to be fair it's not my decision. :wink:

Normally I'm the same, but the United game was really woeful - an exhibition in hoofball which would put Hertz to shame.

I'm only watching the Spurs game til the baseball starts on ESPN anyway! :wink:

Sir David Gray
14-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Normally I'm the same, but the United game was really woeful - an exhibition in hoofball which would put Hertz to shame.

I'm only watching the Spurs game til the baseball starts on ESPN anyway! :wink:

American rounders! :greengrin

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 08:08 PM
2-0 Spurs Bale, my bet is looking a little bit knackered now.

Rory89
14-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Fox Sports might've been better not having a camera close up to Sol Campbell as he came out for the second half, that way the guy shouting "******" at the top of his voice wouldn't have been so loud on the TV.

hibee_girl
14-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Utd player red carded for kicking Kyle Lafferty

Sir David Gray
14-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Kovacevic off, United down to ten men.

Sir David Gray
14-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Should be 10 v 10 as Papac committed a (IMO) bookable offence just moments after being given a yellow card earlier on.

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 08:19 PM

Did Lafferty over-react as usual?

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2010, 08:20 PM

Insane stuff from the United defender, who takes exception to a barge from Kyle Lafferty, takes a hold of the Rangers man's shirt and has a boot at him. Lafferty was up in the air like a salmon just to make sure the ref saw it...

i'm trying to think of a more detestable cheat in scottish football just now

Jonnyboy
14-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Insane stuff from the United defender, who takes exception to a barge from Kyle Lafferty, takes a hold of the Rangers man's shirt and has a boot at him. Lafferty was up in the air like a salmon just to make sure the ref saw it...

i'm trying to think of a more detestable cheat in scottish football just now

Lafferty is to players what McGhee is to managers - both totally loathsome

Sir David Gray
14-04-2010, 08:21 PM

Probably a little bit but it was a red card.

Kovacevic held Lafferty's shirt and then he took a swipe at him.

Gettin' Auld
14-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Laugherty is pathetic.

hibee_girl
14-04-2010, 08:23 PM

Not really tbh, it was a straight red. There had been a bit of handbags between the two players just before though

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Probably a little bit but it was a red card.

Kovacevic held Lafferty's shirt and then he took a swipe at him.

Ok, i hate the lanky, useless, most over-rated and biggest waste of money in Scottish football a fair wee bit.

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Not really tbh, it was a straight red. There had been a bit of handbags between the two players just before though

I'm surprised, i thought it wouldve been something like he headbutted Kovakevic then fell to the ground as if he'd been shot.

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Villa 1-2 Everton..

Agbonlahor equalised but Cahill put Everton back in front 2 minutes later with his 2nd.

Westie1875
14-04-2010, 08:28 PM
The huns couldnae finish their dinner tonight, why can they never win when you actually want them to? :grr:

Sir David Gray
14-04-2010, 08:34 PM
You just KNOW that they'll win the league at Easter Road. :bitchy:

hibee_girl
14-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Rangers shot hits post and comes back out

Sir David Gray
14-04-2010, 08:37 PM
0-0 full time.

Westie1875
14-04-2010, 08:38 PM
You just KNOW that they'll win the league at Easter Road. :bitchy:

Whats the situation with that, if they beat Hearts on Sunday and we lose to Celtic would we need to beat them to stop them winning it at ER?

hibee_girl
14-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Whats the situation with that, if they beat Hearts on Sunday and we lose to Celtic would we need to beat them to stop them winning it at ER?

:agree:

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 08:41 PM

I think so and i think Celtic would have to win their game.

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Villa 2-2 Everton Jagielka OG..

Full-times:

Villa 2-2 Everton
Portsmouth 0-0 Wigan

.Sean.
14-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Bet Arsenal equalize now :agree:

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 08:48 PM
2-1 Bendtner, cmon if Arsenal equalise i win £40.:agree:

Sir David Gray
14-04-2010, 08:52 PM
What we want now is for us to beat Celtic on Saturday and then Rangers to beat Hearts on Sunday. Rangers will then win the league against Hearts.

OR

If Celtic beat us, we want Rangers to draw or lose to Hearts and then Celtic to beat Dundee Utd the week after. That would mean that Rangers could not win the league at Easter Road, even if they were to beat us.

hibee_girl
14-04-2010, 08:54 PM
What we want now is for us to beat Celtic on Saturday and then Rangers to beat Hearts on Sunday. Rangers will then win the league against Hearts.

OR

If Celtic beat us, we want Rangers to draw or lose to Hearts and then Celtic to beat Dundee Utd the week after. That would mean that Rangers could not win the league at Easter Road, even if they were to beat us.

We can draw on Saturday and Rangers can still win the league on Sunday :agree:

Removed
14-04-2010, 09:01 PM

OR

Really, have you thought that through :bitchy: How many points would they be behind us then with a derby coming up

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Really, have you thought that through :bitchy:

Ken, i'd rather Rangers beat Hearts and won the league at ER rather than Hearts picking up at least a point at Ibrox.:bitchy:

Sir David Gray
14-04-2010, 09:09 PM

Not necessarily. If we get a draw from them, that would prevent them from winning the league at ER, if Celtic win their next two matches.

As long as Celtic keep winning, Rangers need 5 points, from now on, to win the league. If they drew with us, after beating Hearts, then Celtic could only draw equal with Rangers by winning all their games.

Rangers' and Celtic's forthcoming fixtures;

RANGERS

Hearts-W
Hibs-D

CELTIC

Hibs-W
Dundee Utd-W

The above results would mean that, after the Dundee Utd v Celtic and Hibs v Rangers matches the weekend after next, the league would look like this;

RANGERS

P-35
PTS-81

Celtic

P-35
PTS-72

That would mean Rangers would be 9 points clear with 9 points to play for after playing Hibs.

Sir David Gray
14-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Really, have you thought that through :bitchy: How many points would they be behind us then with a derby coming up

I was talking purely from the point of view of not wanting Rangers to win the league at Easter Road.

Obviously from the point of view of our European aspirations, we might want something that would mean Rangers winning the league at Easter Road.

Removed
14-04-2010, 09:19 PM
I was talking purely from the point of view of not wanting Rangers to win the league at Easter Road.

Obviously from the point of view of our European aspirations, we might want something that would mean Rangers winning the league at Easter Road.

So what's more important then?

I couldn't give a flying one where the huns win the league tbh as long as we get a European place. And I would only ever want Hearts to get points if it helped us.

Sir David Gray
14-04-2010, 09:23 PM
So what's more important then?

I couldn't give a flying one where the huns win the league tbh as long as we get a European place. And I would only ever want Hearts to get points if it helped us.

I want us to be in Europe, no doubt about it.

I would rather Rangers didn't win the league at Easter Road though but if they do win the league at ER and then we end up finishing in 4th spot then so be it.

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2010, 09:33 PM
3-0 to barca
bojan pedro and toure,see messi aint so special cant even score vs deportivo.

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 09:36 PM
3-0 to barca
bojan pedro and toure,see messi aint so special cant even score vs deportivo.

I reckon he will still score before full-time.:wink:

chorley_fm
14-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Lafferty is to players what McGhee is to managers - both totally loathsome

:agree: